Janet Jackson covers Prestige magazine

The Janet Jackson hype machine has started in high gear with the release of her first single “Feedback” off her upcoming CD. One of the first of many prints interviews is this exclusive interview for Hong Kong’s Prestige magazine.

Janet talks about her… wait for it… struggles with weight, and her struggles with her boyfriend Jermaine Dupri in the studio:

But if there is something that we both feel differently about, it just should really be talked about and that’s the way we’ve always done it. Except this time around I see Usher and Mariah [Carey] coming out of the studio and I say, “Okay, wait, aren’t you supposed to be working on my stuff? We’re supposed to be doing our stuff together.” And he goes, “Well yeah,” and I’m like, “Why are they here, don’t I come before them when it’s time for the album to be released?” Not because I’m his girlfriend [laughs], but for the release of the album. Mine has to be released first, so doesn’t it make sense to get me out of the way first? But it’s all good.

(Source)

Expect to see saturation coverage of Janet on magazine covers and media interviews as Island Records markets Janet as an aging Britney Spears. She looks beautiful in these pics – and it isn’t Photoshop either. Janet looks fabulous for her age in person as well as in pictures.

21 Responses to “Janet Jackson covers Prestige magazine”

Blasphemy!!!!!! No sane person should be compared to Brit Brit. Hell, Brit couldn’t pull it together long enough to even market her last CD. Plus Janet came before her so if anything Brit Brit should be compared to her, but that would also be blasphemy. There is no comparison and there never was.

Smokie says:

I just wish Janet didn’t look so old in the face…

IRON MAN says:

I SMELL A BREAK UP COMING! J.D. IS A VERY ARROGANT DUDE FROM WHAT I HEAR. MS. JACKSON IS ABOUT TO KEEP IT MOVING. USHER AND MARIAH ARE CASH COWS SO I CAN SEE WHY HE IS GIVING THEM FIRST CHOICE.

J.D. MAYBE A NICE BIG SONG FOR JANET AND USHER AS A DUET WITH A VIDEO AND BIG DANCE NUMBER, (JANETS ALBUM OF COURSE), WILL MAKE HER LOVE YOU MORE (AGAIN).

Staley says:

Janet is beautiful. It’s leaps and bounds from the pictures from 2006. This proves that she can be beautiful but with a touch of class. I’m a big Janet fan and will always support her through better or worse!!!

Smokie Says:

I just wish Janet didn’t look so old in the face…
    ********************************************************

I thought it was refreshing for her to actually look her age in the photoshoot. It was her previous bare all pics that got on my nerves. Hollywood’s obsession with youth shouldn’t be forced on everyone.

allnatural says:

SHE SHOULD “JUST SAY NO” TO ANY MORE PLASTIC SURGERY! Why can’t women be happy with the nose/cheeks/breasts that God gave them. Penny was beautiful just the way she was. SMH.

NaturalFromHead2Toe says:

Boots are cute.

ms.peaches says:

I think she looks good in these pics (OK Ms.Jackson) & check her out getting all fiesty with Jermaine when it comes to her being first I hear that!!

Nina says:

Love the photos!

2bme says:

Janet does look good body and face..she’s what 40? Give her a break

Sharonda says:

Janet has always been open about her relationships now.When she use to hide it it would tear her down.She looks nice.

licia says:

she looks dang good to be 40, body & face. those boots are the business. i can’t wait for her new album to come out. i can understand where she is coming from about jd working on other people’s albums before hers, but maybe he’s kind of falling back on working on her album because of the other two albums that he worked on with her just didn’t come out as well as they should have .

Bsoul says:

Janet wears dresses very well; nice to see her in them again.

2thick4u says:

She does look good for her age. I wish her new album much success!!!

Smokie says:

Janet does look good…for her age. As a 35 year old woman, I can’t stand the phrase “for your age.” I think, really, that if someone told me that I look good “for my age”, I’d cry. It’s like a sideways compliment: “Oh, you ARE old, but you a good looking old broad.” blah

I am glad that Janet is wearing more clothes though.

licia says:

Smokie Says:

^^ lmao very good point

Bsoul says:

Smokie, it could be worse. They could say “you look a’ight…”.

GAPEACH says:

Jan is setting this MF off. I am loving the new ERA already. LOL

Keep it coming SR.

luvsmoochez says:

Why can’t they compare her to Madonna, not crazy azz Brit?!!! What’s to compare??? Anywho, she is beautiful and not just for her age! LOL @ Smokie! I hear ya girl, I’m knockin on 40 in 9 months! Ugh! But still looking good for my age or otherwise.

Ms.A.T.L says:

I think Janet looks great! I growed up with J.D. and anyone who knows anything about music would no there’s pressure but i’ll alway’s support them We have a love for each other down south because we know about a different stuggle you wouldn’t no if your not from here.

tbrown says:

Janet Jackson is just awesome and timeless. Gorgeous/Fierce images.