Ciara – ‘Mama I Want to Sing’ movie poster

Ciara and Lynn Whitfield star in the remake of Mama I Want To Sing. If you haven’t seen the trailer yet, click here.

The movie also stars Patti LaBelle, Juanita Bynum, Hill Harper, Ben Vereen, Kim Porter and Ralph Tresvant. Mama I Want To Sing opens in theaters nationwide on April 11.

Thanks to Wilson Morales for the link! See the hi-res version here.

22 Responses to “Ciara – ‘Mama I Want to Sing’ movie poster”

tbrown says:

Nice poster. :) I’l wait until the dvd release though.

What an interesting cast. Their mixing serious veterans with people like Juanita Bynum and Kim Porter. I gotta see the movie just to see how it turned out.

hellava10 says:

The is quite a combination of actors.

hellava10 says:

‘That’ is quite a combination of actors.

mo-stan says:

Is that Ciara singing on the trailer?

ATL_HONEY says:

hmmmmm..irony……interesting pick considering Ciara isnt the best singer vocally but should be intersting.

ms.peaches says:

Kim Porter???? why is she relevant does she sing, act, what, besides being a jumpoff can she bring to this movie & Ciara no offense but…. I will just leave it at that!! I know Beyonce couldn’t have done it cause she already did Dreamgirls where are the real soul singing sista at what about Tweet they just kicked her to the curb & she really has a voice!! girlfriend needs to make a comeback!!

2Unruly says:

I have visions of a talent like a Monica pulling off a part like this. Ciara seems like she may be a good actress, though. This should be quite interesting.

mina says:

Interesting title considering Ciara can’t really sing.

tina12 says:

Didn’t care for the singing on the trailer. But the cast looks interesting. I would see it for sure.

Dt2 says:

OK, WOW, WIERD I DONT KNOW ABOUT THIS, I KNOW THAT THIS IS AN ATL PAGE AND I MAY GET BEAT UP ABOUT THIS BUT CIARA CUTE GIRL GOOD DANCER..SINGER UM DONT THINK SOO!! I CAN SO SEE MONICA OR SOMEONE ELSE WITH REAL CHOPS WE KNOW BEYONCE DONE DREAMGIRLS, ALICIA IS PLAYING LENA HORNE IN UP-COMING LENA HORNE STORY, SO I AGAIN I ASKED WHERE IS BRANDY OR MONICA MAMA CAN I SING WAS ABOUT A GIRL WITH A MAJOR VOICE, WHERE IS AMERICAN IDOL’S TAMYRA GRAY ANY ONE BUT CE-CE SHE WAS SO NEEDED TO REPLACE THE NEW GIRL IN SHE GOT MOVES BUT NOT A SINGING MOVIE SORRY CIARA YOUR GOODIES MAY NOT BE GOOD ENOUGH FOR A SINGING MOVIE BUT A FEMALE STOMP THE YARD IS YOU!!!!!!!!

2bme says:

hehe…sing what? there must be dancing in this?

sanaa312 says:

Mmmmm Hill Harpers in it…He is so cute :)

Angel_Minded says:

Monica as the lead? I don’t think so! LMAO, ole girl is far too ghetto to do such a humble performance. Lol, I think the reason why Tweet wasn’t cast was b/c she’s like oh I dunno…40! LMAO, they want to go w/ someone that’s young, fresh, and talented. Granted, Ciara isn’t exactly a perfect fit, but she is somewhat talented.
    I didn’t like the singing on the trailor, it sounded kinda ‘blah’ and is it me or does the trailer look cheap as hell?

milly says:

Interesting cast

J Gats Juice says:

Mina u read my mind…. And Kim Porter? I didnt know she wanted to act. I thought her thing was modeling and jumpin on and off Puffy. Whatever. I’ll wait to catch it on Tv One

kat says:

did i read someone say that BRANDY can really sing??? where have i been then???

ms.peaches says:

KAT I agree qith you cause we all know the only one in that family with a half decent voice is Ray J & Tweet is not old yall are crazy(lol) even if she is you can’t deny her vocals & if not her then how about Paris Bennet from American Idol she can sing she is YOUNG I’m sure & would really fit!! Oh well I’m not a director or casting agent so I can only voice my opinion!!

pinkvirgo says:

Ya’ll took the words out of my mouth. This has BET Blackbuster written all over it.smh

LovelyLady says:

i have been waiting for this move. I can’t wait for it to come out.

mzzphateegirl@yahoo.com says:

i havent looked at the trailer but whoever greenlighted ciara need to be B I T C H E D SLAPPED. that heffa cant sing, they shouldve gotten desiree coleman, lol
    omg, i will not be going to see this mess and some ppl wonder y hollywood dnt greenlight black movies because of garbage like this, getting so called singers to do movies and cant act or sing.

Brown Suga Baby says:

With Ciara in this movie the title should be “Mama I Wish I Could Sing”. She is a much better dancer than a singer.