Kwame Kilpatrick greeting card draws high bids on eBay

A “rare” 2007 greeting card featuring embattled Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick, his wife Carlita and their 3 sons is the subject of an intense bidding war on eBay at this hour.

The current bid stands at $154 and was said to be placed by the Mayor’s former lover Christine Beatty who wanted the greeting card to remember him by since he hung her out to dry has reportedly taken up with another woman who isn’t his wife.

Beatty resigned her position as the Mayor’s chief of staff yesterday after text messages revealed the extent of her sordid relationship with the Mayor. Po’ thang.

16 Responses to “Kwame Kilpatrick greeting card draws high bids on eBay”

ATL_HONEY says:

somebody is always condoning MESS!

hellava10 says:

I’LL BE DAMNED!! He is a hot mess. I just watched the speech, he sounds even more pathetic and she is in denial. I am a stong believer in supporting your husband, but her speech sounded scripted. His wife should get the card to remember ‘happy’ times.

Boo-Boo says:

Oh well…such is the life of a cheating, family destroying, HO and her man or shall I say……semblance of a man!!!! It’s too late baby, he played you like a fiddle. Always remember this………..”Pimpin’ ain’t easy but it’s necessary”. Oops!!!!!!!

Bsoul says:

“but her speech sounded scripted”.

In these situations, the speeches are written by the same writers who write for the politician spouses.

sanaa312 says:

I hope that Christine Beatty didnt REALLY think Kwame was going to leave his wife for her. She was probably in love with his power more than anything else. As he said in his speech he fell in love w/ Carlita when he was 19 years old. The mayor could NEVER leave his wife unless he wants to end up like Rudy Giuliani. Its a sad situation and though Carlita did look like she wanted to kill him the whole time she was sitting next to him during the speech, I comend her for her strength of forgiving him after he had the other woman(Christine) in her house and playing with her kids…for that I would have had to kill him. I hope they can work things out. But yeah Sandra…he sure did hang Christine out to dry!

I don’t know why anyone would want this card. What are they going to do with it? It’s not rare as I’m sure they sent out hundreds and maybe thousands of them to friends family and acquantances.

I don’t think Carlita will ever leave him. He has been cheating on her regularly for at least as long as he has been mayor and probably longer. I do believe he was in love with Christine and if he keeps cheating on his wife and falling for mistress’ one day he is going to meet the one that he will leave his family for. We like to say the man never leaves the wife for the side piece, but in reality we know that happens every day.

sanaa312 says:

@ Bird

The person listing the card feels it is rare because it was sent only to residents of Detroit..which means it was sent to ALOT of people so it’s not very rare at all.

J Gats Juice says:

ok this is low. Its fine to put his nasty ass & his little slut out there, but leave the children out of it. Why sell a card with the kids on it? Oh yeah, i dont think he was ever gonna leave his wife. If the slut thought he was, she needs to be slapped.

Crys says:

i can’t believe ya’ll falling for the okey doke. that chief of staff set this all up – she knew he was cavorting with ANOTHER other woman and wanted to bring him down.
    i think she is responsible for the **** hitting the fan and hitting carlita all in the face on the way down…..

Crys,

I might agree with you if it wasn’t for the fact that the Detroit Free Press waged a legal battle to get those text messages among other things. I do think he may have been seeing Christine up until the scandal broke though. When it came out that as late as two weeks ago he was cavorting with another women during a business trip to NC, not one news station suggested that it might be Christine. Yet she still comes out with a statement talking about it wasn’t her. She didn’t need to speak to it at all. I think she did because she was pissed that it wasn’t her.

hellava10 says:

@ Bird and Crys,
    That was my first thought–that she had a hand in the plan. She’s already divorced, not sure about her kids situation, but in the true end–she ain’t got nothing to loose. Everybody already knew she was goosing the mayor, he wasn’t leaving Carlita, he was hanging out with strippers, and at the couples resort with another chick. I said in an earlier blog, she would work this to end up the ‘victim’. She’s still attending law school -though I don’t see how- she still lied under oath, she’s not winning but she’s not loosing much either- he was never just her man.

I have to say, my speech would have been a little different – want to hear it? here it goes – ‘beep’beep’ you ‘beep’ ‘beep’ with that ‘beep’beep’while I took care of these kids you ‘beep’beep”beeeeeeeep’—“we’re sorry, we will not be able to continue to air the mayor’s ex wife’s speech at this moment”

aqtpie says:

They are all a hot mess. I doubt he will ever leave his wife but, if I were in her s*h*o*e*s he wouldn’t have a choice because I would’ve left him. She seems to be content with staying married to a womanizing whoremonger, so that’s on her. I’m trying to figure out what’s the prize? So he’s not going to leave his wife for a side piece? That should be a blessing to them, who would honestly want to be in her position? I doubt if he ever stopped messing with Christine’s seemingly moral-lacking a$$. I do however feel bad for the kids.

sanaa312 says:

Aside from the fact that Carlita loves her husband women also love men with power. It is glamorous to be the First Lady of a city. With all of this media hype going on now everyone has so much compassion and empathy for her now so even more people love her because she is the true “victim” in their eyes now. Kwame’s initial statement when the scandal broke says that his wife already knew about his affair w/ Christine years ago and they had worked past it. I do believe that she already knew because Christine’s ex-husband made it public to people around him that Christine & Kwame were an item. I could never understand why after she(Carlita) found out she allowed her husband to keep Christine as the COS other than the fact that Christine quitting a $142k a year job would have looked VERY VERY suspicious. Kwame has known Christine since 1984 and her ex husband and Kwame used to be good friends also. Its all a big mess but I seriously doubt he and Christine were still sexually involved within the last 2 years with so many people already knowing about them and watching them closely.

Ms.Tia says:

I CANNOT STAND THIS MAN i repeat I CANNOT STAND THIS MAN when he was being elected into office in my high school years i was soooo against it and soooo upset that i couldnt vote…i felt that he didnt have enough expierience and that he was wayyyy too young to be able to handle this much power…i didnt believe him,and didnt trust him and i was RIGHT!!!

he sucks as a person and i wanna feel sorry for his wife,but its hard to feel sorry for someone soooo gullable,that it was childish as hell to be sending text messages back and forth neway…he’s a sucka,and im glad i dont live in detroit anymore where he can make me look bad…he just made detroit look worse then it already is…and i love the D wit all my heart.