Barack Obama Denounces Ludacris

Not all rappers are dumb as doorknobs. Rapper Ludacris, real name Chris Bridges, knew exactly what he was doing when he called Sen. Hillary Clinton the B-word on his new track in support of Democratic presidential hopeful Barack Obama.

“Hillary hated on you, so that bitch is irrelevant,” declared Luda on the track titled “Politics: Obama is Here” As you can imagine, the track is causing quite a commotion in the offices with the high glass ceilings.

Obama’s camp was swift to denounce the lyrics contained in the song. But Luda knew that would happen. I’m sure he counted on the media to jump all over the lyrics — which they did. Mind you, these are the same misogynistic lyrics rappers have been using to describe their Nubian sisters for at least 3 decades.

“I hope Senator Obama has the presence of mind to denounce and distance himself from Ludacris,” Sen. Clinton’s former national finance co-chair, Yashar Hedayat wrote in an email to the Huffington Post.

Obama campaign spokesman Bill Burton released a tersely worded statement condemning Ludacris and all rappers like him who use offensive language under the guise of “artistic expression”:

“As Barack Obama has said many, many times in the past, rap lyrics today too often perpetuate misogyny, materialism, and degrading images that he doesn’t want his daughters or any children exposed to. This song is not only outrageously offensive to Senator Clinton, Reverend Jackson, Senator McCain, and President Bush, it is offensive to all of us who are trying to raise our children with the values we hold dear. While Ludacris is a talented individual he should be ashamed of these lyrics.”

Ashamed? No. Paid? Yes. After all, who cares about mothers and children when it comes to the pursuit of the almighty dollar.

Oh, and expect Luda’s publicist to issue a carefully worded prepared statement apologizing for his “unintended” offensive lyrics in 5…4….3…2…

20 Responses to “Barack Obama Denounces Ludacris”

bklynchick says:

On the real….

Did she have to be called th “B” word??
    Why can’t we have a nice rap song for Obama??? Maybe we need to get some of these old schools rappers to show them how it’s done??

First it was “Run Jesse Run” now Luda geesh. :)

hellava10 says:

I can’t focus on politics….I have to go back to LL.

Hottie76 says:

Yeah the apology will be next!!!

Hottie76 says:

Yeah the apology will be next!!!…What is next??

dj_dceezy says:

dayum the mixtape JUST came out, that wuz quick…

Deep Thoughts says:

I will not suport Ludacris, we have to create standards. I knew this would happen with rappers coming forward, what an embarrassment.

eastpointvet says:

hillary did hate and not the bitch is irrelevant sounds like he called a spade a spade to me

While I definately have Obama fever (I am wearing an Obama t-shirt at this very moment) I had no interest whatsoever in hearing Luda’s song and I still don’t. Despite his conforming to the low brow lyrics of today Luda is one of the more intelligent rappers out and I would have expected better from him for a political song. For one thing the contentious Hillary/Barack race is over and they are now on the same team so his song didn’t even need to mention her and he certainly should not have dissed her.

But all of this has been evened out by McCain’s recent ad calling Barack a celebrity and showing flashes of party girls Britney and Paris in the ad. Not only his he mocking Barack, but he has dragged those two tragic women into the political arena and that is not fair to them. Particularly Britney who is very obviously mentally ill. I guess we all make mistakes.

teecee says:

i still cant get why we make these uneducated people the leads and people we want to speak for our people, somebody tell lil chrissy to go sit. everybody wants some of obama thunder, they cant let the brotha have his minute, all of these crabs are pulling at him every second of the day.

he did this because hes not getting any attention and this made people focus on him. i swear these attention media whores are a mess. his one chance to actually shine and he put his size 7 shoe in his mouth.

mj says:

I DENOUCE
    I DENOUCE
    I DENOUCE
    I DENOUCE

THE OFFICIAL SLOGAN OF THE 2008 PRESIDENTIAL CAMPAIGN IS “I DENOUCE” THOSE COMMENTS MADE BY EVERYONE!

sanaas says:

Shame on Ludacris,I cannot support him in this mess.

mizzdallas says:

Ludacris is stupid I would have expected better from him. The race between Hilliary and Barack is over and calling her a B-word. Barack has more important things to do then to stop what he is doing just to defend this BS. Hilliary and Barack are now on the same team, but this is what us (Black woman) go through. I just think people shouldnt make songs or statement i.e; Jermaiah Wright, Jesse Jackson, Ludacris

mizzdallas says:

And I have something else to say to:

Barack Obama is NOT running for black people he is running for the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, please people lets use some discretion, lets not strike the ball into the in-zone until he gets elected we dont know if he is going to be president because there are still some undecided voters and right NOW the republican are sleepy giants they are NOT interested in Mccain but best to believe something like this can wake up the Republicans.

ursmyle4me says:

I definitely have to agree with the “media whores” statement. It’s sad that money will make people say/do anything to get attention. Everyone knows that Obama is going to get heat for everything that goes on in the world. How come people can’t “sit back”, shut up, and wait until the election is over. I’m kinda glad that Obama has prepared himself and his family for this, because it’s not going to stop there. There was an email circling around my office which is mostly McCain supporters saying that Obama is the anti-christ…the saga continues. Luda knows better but, we are talking about him, so I guess that’s what matters.

pointhimout says:

nice raps dont get attn. expect to hear this topic/debate on fox and other political shows/stations. Obama had to quickly separate himself…

Luda will get plenty of publicity off this stunt.

iyonah says:

I can’t even comment on this …

Bubbles says:

…and it’s not a coincidence that this song was released in the run up to Ludacris’ new album coming out later this year.

starr says:

I haven’t listen to the song, and won’t. I am disappointed because i really do like luda. He’s one of my fave. He can use his platform to support Obama, with out the negatives….

mina says:

I expected better from Luda.

blkdiamonn says:

i think that he planned to do this to get free publicity. in addition, he is like rev.wright, jesse jackson, and luda…alienate obama from blacks on the surface so that whites identify with him….brilliant!!