Rick Ross’ sister confirms he was a CO

One of Rick Ross’ own sisters has confirmed the allegations that her brother worked as a corrections officer in the past. Ross’ sister, whose name I can’t reveal, attended Ross’ “Be Out Day” event in Miami this week. Speaking though a source, she verified Ross’ past employment with the State of Florida as a prison guard in the mid 90s.

When asked why Ross continues to flatly deny his past employment in the face of indisputable evidence, the source who is close to Ross’ camp replied, “I think he’s so caught up in the persona he built for himself, that he really might believe he wasn’t a corrections officer.”

The source also revealed Rick Ross isn’t as hard as he portrays himself to be. Said the source, “they’re all fake: Plies, Rick Ross, Flo-Rida. None of them are real gangsters.”

31 Responses to “Rick Ross’ sister confirms he was a CO”

ReadTheBlog says:

We don’t need no confirmation that Flo-Rida is a simp…his music says it all.

pointhimout says:

as if being a gangsta is anything to celebrate. i guess it’s much worse to sell yaself as something that you really aren’t.

Kymystry says:

Rick Ross .. aka the polar bear without fur .. goes in the catagory of .. WHO THE FLUCK CARES !!!

BLACKBARBIE404 says:

________________________________________________________

SOUNDS FAMILIAR….

SHANIASMOMMA says:

All these rappers are a bunch of liars. if they really did that stuff they surely wouldn’t rap about considering that the “feds” can go back 14 years on you and charge you with crimes that old. Seriously real gangstas don’t have to talk about what they do….Rememeber real gangstas move in silence ….These fools need to stop !
    PLIES ESPECIALLY , THAT DUDE HAS A NURSING DEGREE!

bloggergirlz says:

try again “source”…he ain’t that damn caught up!

bloggergirlz says:

y can’t his sister’s name be revealed?! it’s not like it’s a damn secret, she’s mentioned in his liner notes…

***Tawanda Roberts***

brwnsugga4you says:

this is so freaking dumb already..if he wants to “fake it” then so be it….there are a list of so called entertainers that do the same thing…rocko!

Its a sad day when you have to justify why you had a legimate job???!!!

This gangsta crap has gots to stop…personally, as a grown-azz woman I DON’T want a man who is out there trying to be the next Nicky Barnes or Scarface. I respect all my men who have legal gigs…all my men who are there getting their hustle on in the board room and NOT the trap.

People resort to selling drugs not because, they plan on having lifetime career slingin but as a means to an end. I need Rick Ross to get a fyckin grip and be proud of who the hell he really is…

*steps off my soap box and gets back to actually working at my legimate non-drug afflitated position lol*

WHO CARES!?!?!?!?! If this story doesn’t go away soon I’m going to throw my computer out the damn window. Rick Ross is not important enough for this story to be dragging out like Rev. Wright. Drop it already.

Sharonda says:

I don’t think it has anything to do with him holding a legal job, the fact that he LIED about it says it all.I could care if he was a CO, but when you lie about your past it catch up to you.

BLACKBARBIE404 says:

TRUTH BE TOLD – WHY WOULD HIS SISTER WANT TO “TELL ALL”? SOUNDS LIKE SOME BAD BLOOD. I GUESS HE AIN’T GIVING HER MONEY OR MAYBE THEY JUST HAVE A BAD RELATIONSHIP.

SOUNDS LIKE SHE’S LOOKING FOR FAME…GUESS, SHE WILL WRITE A BOOK.

starr says:

Why is this still even a story. And when is being a gangsta something to celebrate. ugh

MOCHAMOMMY says:

He’s a faker just like 96.8% of the rappers out now, so why is this news…Everyone knows that damn near all of those Atlanta rappers are exaggerators, liars or on the DL

BLACKBARBIE404 says:

I AGREE @ MOCHAMOMMY

I ALSO THINK IT’S NOT JUST IN ATLANTA…IT’S EVERYWHERE. THE RAP GAME HAS CHANGED – PERIOD. THERE ARE FEW WHO ARE REALLY REAL…AND QUITE HONESTLY, ARE THEY SELLING RECORDS?????

iyonah says:

We all know Ross is lying now – the truth is out there. Its sad though if he really has gotten into the persona of believing he is a BOSS and did all those things he raps about. That is kind of crazy, its one thing to perpetrate and another to just start believing your own lies, he needs help if that’s the case. And again for the record we know a good % of the “rap gangstas” are not GANGSTA, its all about image and what you portray. Name 1 rapper/hiop hop artist that is 100 % real …. the first to come to mind is Common ….

Mimi Renee says:

LOOOOOOOOOOOOL @ Kym…the polar bear wit no fur!!!!

i dont know why we still talkin about this mess. how many times has a rapper’s past been exposed?? Millions of times. Nothing new, period. ol’ polar bear aint admitting to it anyway so lets NEXT this sheeeit.

uptopgrl says:

I agree with Star when has being a gangsta been a positive thing. The man had a real job so what!!!! wow wow wow this is a sad day in the black community when we look down on a black man for having or had a legit job. I have nothing negative to say about a man “black” for having or had a legit job.

krbinc says:

i got a speeding ticket from RICK ROSS!!!

ladyrazor says:

2bme says:

Here’s my thing..he should have known this would come out. What he should have done, was put this info out there himself..say something like I was a CO and got my game from the criminals..I saw how much money they made and were still making and decided that should be my life..but noooo..we have to pull an Akon and lie about every damn thing..just dumb

candycane says:

Is it really necessary for anyone else to confirm this. Once the prison said a person with his name and SS # worked there, that confirmed it for me.

H.B.I.C. says:

Flo-Rida really doesn’t try to act “gansta” if u ask me. He makes pop-rap, dude doesn’t try to portray himself as this big boss who has pushed weight and been to jail and all of that so his name could have been left off the list imo.

Mzsuave says:

Yea…umm…I’m not to enthuised about him or his credibility. He’s lame…he did the opposite just to get into the game; he went from a CO to a wanna-be thug. That just doesn’t make sense to me. And why would you lie about it??? That makes him look even more like a dumbassss. I’m sick of him and these other bs rappers (grown asss men at that!!!), like they are really putting the message out there that slangin’ is the thing to do, or having umph-teen B’s and h*e’s is the business. I guess it’s all about the money.

Mzsuave says:

Kids listen to their music and portray what they hear…so love for those rappers without a message

terika83 says:

I’m not suprised….and Flo-Rida is trash…never came off as a gangster to me anyway.

terika83 says:

Lol that’s funny how she tried to speak through someone else and she still got linked to the comments. Lol.

bklynchick says:

Who cares???

Half of these rappers are liars. It doesn’t matter what he did before. I don’t even look at rappers like they are that real anyway.

mimi08 says:

Who cares! I still love Rick Ross…all them dam/n rappers lie about the extent of them being a “thug”..so fuc/kin what! This man’s rhymes are tight…he’s the closest we got to biggie, and i’ll take it….

mimi08 says:

ANOTHER THING::::NEWSFLASH:::::

LAW ENFORCEMENT ARE THE BIGGEST CRIMINALS AND WORST CROOKS! THEY CAN JUST LEGALLY CARRY THEIR FIREARMS, AND LEGALLY KICK YOUR A/SS…DON’T GET IT TWISTED…PO’S, CO’S, POLICE OFFICERS, WHAT HAVE YOU ARE SOME OF THE BIGGEST THUGS, AND EVEN WHILE WORKING AS A LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER BE PLAYING BOTH SIDES OF THE FENCE…THEY GOT A DAY JOB (CO) AND A NIGHT JOB; STRAIGHT THUG! DON’T SLEEP!

Peachiz says:

@ Kym…the polar bear wit no fur!!!! lol