Tito Jackson Sued By Secret ‘Daughter’

A New York woman is suing Michael Jackson’s older brother Tito Jackson to force him to acknowledge her publicly as his daughter.

The woman, Tanay Rodney Jackson, 25 — pictured above with Jackson, filed a petition in Brooklyn’s Family Court last Summer to declare Jackson her father.

Tanay claims Jackson, 55, began visiting her regularly while she was in her teens. “He told me he was my father when I was 17,” she told the NY Post. “(He would) pop over now and then. He didn’t want it public. He was ashamed.”

Tito is the second oldest of the legendary Jackson brothers. The famed Jackson 5 guitarist also has three grown sons, Toriano, Taryll and Tito Joseph, who formed the 90s singing group 3T.

Their mother, Jackson’s ex wife Delores Martes, drowned mysteriously in the family swimming pool in 1994. (Source)

Photo: Wireimage/Getty

36 Responses to “Tito Jackson Sued By Secret ‘Daughter’”

yvonne79 says:

So, what’s the scoop on this one? Who is her mother and how did she come into play? I’m nosey, I know!

MUNCHOSGIRL says:

WHAT A COINKY DINKY, I JUST WATCHED THE JACKSON’S AMERICAN DREAM YESTERDAY. SHE MAYBE A CHILD HE HID FROM JOE, JOE WASN’T HAVING IT….”AIN’T GOT TIME FOR NO GIRLS.”

Avanti says:

She definitely has those eyes like Janet & Latoya! He needs to man up. How are you gonna be ashamed of your own daughter? Be ashamed of your indiscretions but not of your child.

(Refer to T.I.’s Trap Musik #11 I think — “I still love ya”)

Daisy says:

Can we get a golden globes post so I can rant and rave about my girl J Lo KILLIN it last night on the red carpet. LOVED her dress and she looked FAB as well!!!

Avanti says:

Correction: Its Trap Muzik #10

Daisy says:

@Yvonne im nosey as well but this story is so D list it does nothing for any of the nosey bones in my body..lol

jazi65 says:

She waited 8yrs????

yvonne79 says:

@Daisy…Yeah, it is but I still wanna know….LOL
    How is everyone this morning?

omina-homina says:

I mean, what good is him acknowledging her in public going to do? She’s 25, she needs to move on with her life and quit trying to be a celebrity. If she wants to be a celeb, she should built herself on her own merit. Seems likes she wants to publicly exploit the ‘connection’ for monetary gain.

Daisy says:

I am good this am. Morning Fam! Excuse my manners.

Avanti says:

@ omina…I feel you but what kind of father is that to side step her in public? To act as if she doesn’t exist. If she’s just asking for acknowledgment & not finances…he could do that w/ no sweat. Maybe she feels entitled to the opportunities that the family name has presented other Jackson offspring. Bottom line, he’s wrong. Yea she’s an adult now but 25 isn’t as mentally wise as people try to make it. I’m 26 and still figuring stuff out.

Daisy says:

@Avanti im 32 and still don’t know it all so yes 25 is still somewhat young. I am not sure what babygirl wants but I dont think her father is rolling in the dough like that n e more so im guessing she just wants the world to know she is one of his kids as well. I can’t knock her for that.

bloggergirlz says:

this ish is boring…after he acknowledges her, then what? wait, he already acknowleged her…publicly…why? for what? i smell a reality show, a book, or something in the works…

good morning…

MUNCHOSGIRL says:

DAISY, FROM THIS POINT IN TIME ALL I THINK SHE IS LOOKING FOR IS ACKNOWLEDGEMENT. IF HE CAN TELL HER SHE IS HER FATHER, WHY NOT LET IT BE PUBLICALLY KNOW AS WELL? HE ONLY HAS 3 SONS, WHY NOT BE PROUD OF HIS DAUGHTER. I DON’T THINK SHE IS ASKING FOR MUCH.

Daisy says:

@Munch we agree I said the same thing..lol

Daisy says:

@Blogg I agree thats why I asked for a Golden Globe post..lol

kwallace577 says:

all of those jacksons got issues. this is what happens when you make children into your meal ticket. marrying each others spouses, secret chirens, turning into middle aged white women while still in your 30’s…this is joe’s fault.

DivineBrown says:

Them Jacksons got a whole world of issues!

KAT says:

good morning!

Shauny says:

I would like a golden globes post too please. J Lo did look nice in that dress after popping out twins but the dress itself was o.k.

Call me strong, too independent or whatever but if my father didn’t want to acknowledge me then that would be his loss. I wouldn’t be suing so that Tito Jackson would say I’m his baby. If her dady was Leroy Jackson would she be suing? This is questionable.

Kymystry says:

GOOD MORN FAMILY… i’ll wait for something more intresting … smooches

shunda says:

Good Morning Fam
    This post gets one big boo. Jlo’s dress at the globes did nothing for her. I am so upset my girl Taraji picked that ugly frock.

starr says:

It sounds like someone wants to be broken off……i don’t see the story here. how about her acknowledge that he’s your father in private………

intensemocha says:

WE HAVE A GENERATION OF WOMEN WHO WILL STOP AT NOTHING TO EXCUSE/CONDONE IRRESPONSIBILE AND DISRESPECTFUL BEHAVIOR FROM MALES (NOTE NOT MEN).

DUMBAZZEZ (FOR LACK OF A BETTER WORD) ALWAYS FIND FAULT WITH A WOMAN AND WANT TO UPHOLD HER TO ALL SORTS OF MORAL STANDARDS WHILE THOSE SAME WOMEN DISMISS THE BEHAVIOR OF MEN AND EVEN MORESO THE MALES GET OFF WITH THE MOST HEINOUS/IMMORAL ACTS SCOTTS FREE THANKS TO A FEMALE SCAPEGOAT

PSYCHOLOGIST WILL TELL YOU ANY CHILD WHO FEELS AS THOUGH THEY ARE NOT RECOGNIZED OR FEEL ABANDONED BY THEIR BIOLOGICAL PARENTS ARE PRONE TO HAVE PSYCHOLOGICAL ISSUES IT’S NORMAL UNDER THOSE TYPE OF CIRCUMSTANCES-SHE DIDN’T ASK TO BE BORN

IT’S PLAIN AND SIMPLE MANY MALES ARE NOT ACCOUNTABLE BECAUSE THEY DON’T HAVE TO BE-ESPECIALLY WHEN SOCIETY, MORESO WOMEN KEEP MAKING EXCUSES FOR THEIR DISPICABLE BEHAVIOR AND PROVIDING THEM WITH A SCAPEGOAT

MRSJONESK says:

Keep it moving people, there’s nothing to see here……

intensemocha says:

A BLACK MALE COULD USE A BLACK WOMAN AS A FOOTBALL AND KICK HER DEAD IN THE MIDDLE OF HER AZZ FOR A FIELD GOAL DURING HALF-TIME AT THE SUPERBOWL LIVE WHILE AMERICA WATCHED

AND SOME HOW SOME WAY MOST PEOPLE WOULD BLAME HER AND INSTEAD OF HOLDING HIM ACCOUNTABLE FOR DOING SOMETHING SO AWFUL

MEN HAVE CONDITIONED MOST OF YOU WOMEN VERY WELL-LOL

Anna says:

starr Says:

~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I agree. What is she to gain but a name with most members broke.

teecee says:

who has asked Tito Jackson any question lately and whos jumping up and down to be his daughter ? you are 25, live your life you cant force him to be your dad.

Avanti says:

@ immensemocha

I agree…it seems that even though she didn’t ask to be here and its of his own doing, people here are faulting her more than him. Its easy to say move on when you’re not in that situation but for her to not only know who her father is and for him to be in touch….its even more of a slap in the face that he won’t recognize her (and I’m sure the rest of his family doesn’t).

My dad is the greatest in the world and I still appreciate his recognition of me and his pride. I love it. Thank God I don’t have any “daddy issues” but I still strive to make him proud. I feel for her.

intensemocha says:

@ avant

that’s a true blessing and although that should be the case for any child-it’s becoming more and more common for men to abandon their children or not acknowledge them just because their own cheating ways-i also sympathize with this young lady and I also agree it’s a slap in the face for him to have contact with her but not publicly acknowledge her-he’s doing her more damage than good-the actions speaks louder than words and what his actions are saying is that “you are not worthy of being acknowledged”-and I can only imagine what type of self-esteem issues that must create for her.

goat76 says:

Tanay “Rodney” Jackson……….Rodney for a female……Who in the hell does that…..

Nix says:

Good morning, all. @ goat, Rodney may be her mother’s last name and the name that she grew up with. She didn’t know that she was a Jackson until 8 years ago.

goat76 says:

Good lookin Nix……..I hope so…….

omina-homina says:

@intensemocha:

Well, she’s not a child anymore. I’m among those people who was abandoned by their parent. You’ll drive yourself insane continuing to dwell on it. You’ll serve yourself as well as your posterity better by just moving on.

I’ve had to live with the uncertainty of whether or not my parent loves/wants me. If they did me like that all my life, thus I have ‘issues’ in my adult life…I don’t care, it’s time to cut them off and find new ground to stand on. Even if they come back later trying to ‘be close’. And they’ll try that ****, too, when you get older and if they ain’t got **** themselves.

If for your whole life they keep the fact they they are your parent hush-hush, IMO they take your life for granted. And this is usually the type parent that will seem receptive/open to having a relationship with that offspring, but they end up taking advantage of them instead – borrowing money, ‘do this for me’, ‘help me show face so I’ll look good to others’, ‘can I come stay with you?’, ‘i’m sick, come take care of me’…

They use you up, invite the other family members to use you, talk about you, because you’re the black hole of the bunch…no one wanted you. And that’s just how some families are. Trying to brush a child under the rug is a sign of this.

You know, someone like that does not deserve grandchildren, they don’t deserve to be associated with anyone I marry, or procreate.

Just cut the cycle of reject and pain off!

Mississippi16 says:

I’m with Intense and Avanti…

Yeah, she need to live her life but she has a right to be acknowleged whether the man has money or not (which he probably don’t)

When Thomas Jefferson had all those black kids… Black people supported the black kids saying those are just as much his kids as the white one.

Society has conditioned us to silently sit down and shut the fuk up cause how we feel inside is not important.

KaraZ says:

Feck that, if she’s his seed then she deserves to be broken off something if that’s indeed all she is after. She din’t tell her father not to use a condom properly, she wasn’t created by her sheer will; if he can acknowledge her in private then its not too much to do so pubicly, so when he finally does the right thing and dies she has legal claim to what little estate he might have. He owes her that much, since he was absent during her childhood.

Her mother is a good one, not suing his ass for child support in the first place.Pssssh,