Russell Simmons Opens Up About Child Support News

Music mogul Russell Simmons addressed the child support news on his GlobalGrind.com blog today. He says he wasn’t “ordered” to pay child support.

Well, if Mr. Simmons really believes he wasn’t ordered to pay child support, maybe he should stop paying it and see what happens.

I guess wealthy men in his position don’t like the idea of being told what to do.

“I am reading these stories today about how a judge ordered me to pay Kimora $40,000 a month in child support and I want to make something very clear. Nothing was ordered, it was given. My kids have a fabulous life; they are exposed to a broad range of artistic and scholastic educational programs and I’m very happy to contribute to that. As long as I have it, they can have it. If I ever don’t have it, I’m coming to live with them!” -Russell Simmons

Sweta Shah | 5W Public Relations

14 Responses to “Russell Simmons Opens Up About Child Support News”

licia says:

i think russ would have given up that cash without being ordered to. he was doing it before they got a divorce. he did what a man is supposed to do and that’s take care of his kids.

starr says:

I think he would of given it either way.

the most interesting thing about this divorce is why he needs supervised visitation? THats all i wanna know

KaraZ says:

It’s possible that he and Kimora reached that amount and all the court did was approve it, so I can see why he would get into the game of semantics. Russell has never struck me as a trifling ass sperm donor who needs arm twisting to support his kids more than financially (a la Sean Combs and Chance) so I see why he’s clarifying the fact that he willingly supports his children and makes sure they lack for nothing.

Kymystry says:

Chance has kids ? ? someone let that Dude-ette go up in them raw …. wow ? ? ? ?

masonmom says:

i believe it, they have a mutual agreement and still have an excellent relationship. we all know their marriage was just business!

Anna says:

masonmom Says:

~~~~~
    Marriage is a “business”. “What can we do together to help us strive”. Noone can say that Kimora and Russ had no love for each other.
    Kimora had a career before she met Russ and together they were a powerhouse. I am not a Bey fan but when JayZ got with Bey he also became a international powerhouse and vice versa. It is not what can I do for you, but what can we do for/with each other. Bey and J have a age difference as Russ and Kimora do. I never saw Kimora being with Russ until their “golden years” because he is already “golden”. The only person who has stayed with an older man the longest is Celine Dion. Just my 2 cents.

missamerica says:

Being “ordered” to pay child support is for trifling parents that would rather not give anything or as little as possible. These two reached an agreement and the judge entered it. There is a difference.

bonnie says:

I believe he meant to say “My Kids have a spoiled life”. They are already out there, when they hit double digits they are going to be hell to deal with…

Well…good for you Rus. I think that figure is a little exaggerate, but clearly, he doesn’t mind.
    And this pic is PRECIOUS! Those girls are beautiful!!

MUNCHOSGIRL says:

ALL OF THIS IS OLD NEWS, I FEEL LIKE I AM READING SNIPPETS FROM THE DIVORCE OR SOMETHING. I REMEMBER DURING THE DIVORCE THESE THINGS WERE SAID. SO I TOO FEEL AS THOUGH THAT IS A NUMBER THAT THEY AGREED TO.

Hermosa says:

“I guess wealthy men in his position don’t like the idea of being told what to do”

Why can’t he just want to give more money? I mean, these are his kids, right? If he wanted to pay less, then you would be talking about another black man who doesn’t want to support his kids….can you stop being so negative and actually be positive to something that is worth positive about…besides Tiny, T.I. and Louis Vuitton…Im just saying!

Hermosa Says:

Why can’t he just want to give more money? I mean, these are his kids, right?

*************************************************

The point is if he agreed to pay his child support why was there a need for a judge to intervene?

maema says:

it’s called a child support ORDER. get over it, russell. whether he would pay willingly is irrelevant. kimora wanted it to be official.

ggouch says:

This is a business oriented couple. This order was probaly a meir technicallity of business. “EVERYTHING In WRITING”… do you think that for one second that if RUSSELL SIMMONS was some where challenging any amount of support for his children Kimora would have publically ran up in that Azz!!

“As long as I have it, they can have it. If I ever don’t have it, I’m coming to live with them!” -Russell Simmons”

AMEN, AMEN and enough said!! I hope he never speaks on it again