Local Radio DJ’s Twitter Stunt Results in One-Week Suspension

CBS, the parent company of Atlanta’s ratings leader V-103 sent a clear message to one of its radio jocks: “disrespecting their advertisers won’t be tolerated.”

Greg Street, who holds down the 6-10 spot Mon-Sat, was placed on a one-week suspension for taking out his personal grievances against a local promoter in a series of “tweets” on the social networking website Twitter.com over the weekend.

Street’s suspension began on Tuesday (5/26).

38 Responses to “Local Radio DJ’s Twitter Stunt Results in One-Week Suspension”

Daisy says:

I said it before and I will say it again I heard Gregg on the radio WED 27MAY09..lol

luvly1957 says:

Who cares, I don’t listen to him anyway he name drops too much for me. Always talkin bout who he knows and what he did with so and so. Play music and shut da hell up!!!!

Coo Coo Bananas says:

Headline should read: Local DJ tries to make name for himself in hopes of getting syndicated gig.

ckarinwhite says:

They should let him go permanetly!…

MIZZ.I_REP_ATL says:

I kinda figure that, yesterday while listening to the radio (which I rarely do) I heard Elle filling in for him.

And LOL @ luvly1957

Krysi J says:

Not AGaIIn!

notnice says:

o gosh this again alex face must still hurts…i dnt see wat greg did wrong but o well..

Daisy says:

Elle IRKS me! I don’t listen to Greg either I was flipping when I heard him on Wed.

eastpointvet says:

attorneymom says:

@ Daisy, I hate to admit it, but should not have her own show. She is both boring and corny. V103 really needs to holla at me. LOL

Daisy says:

@Attymom Ryan needs a sidekick..lol I wonder if he will get Rashaan Ali since 107.9 gave her the boot. Yes, Elle is way CORNY!

Anna says:

eastpointvet Says:

wow you can get in trouble for tweeting and what he said wasnt even on the air i would be heated if that happened to me.
    ~~~~~~~~
    Al Roker was at jury duty and was tweeting and took pics of the jury. Who does that? He did not even get in trouble.
    Off Topic, The Cavs did not disappoint last night.

Daisy says:

@Anna The game was good last night but the Cavs still have to come through on Sat. I will wait until then to get exicited again..lol

ReadTheBlog says:

I just read that original story. You, Sandra, are a childish individual, and you keep company of the same status.

THAT MEAN YOU AND YOUR FRIENDS ARE A BUNCH OF KIDS!

Daisy Says:

**********************************************

He wasn’t at the station. He was doing live remote from his concert for the kids.

@ ReadTheBlog:
    Have a nice weekend.

Daisy says:

@Sandra you are correct but he was still on V103..lol

Anna says:

Daisy Says:

~~~~~~~
    It’s hard for me to watch the game. My pressure can’t take it. I watch the last 6 minutes, but with fouls and time outs it turns into the last 20 minutes. LOL. The Cavs have a lot of work to do.

luvly1957 says:

Sandra the AJC talked somethin bad about you. They basically called you a liar and said your story was untrue and said Street did not get suspended. Then the comments from the people lit ur azz up also. Everybody said that you embellish on your stories(the ones that r true) and then makeup alot of things to get people to come to ur site.

Naima says:

Crickets, local radio LOL. Don’t y’all got Wendy Williams in ATL now

Daisy says:

@naima no we do not get wendy williams. Some local radio is ok with me I am not a fan of Gregg street though. Let me go to ajc.com though..lol

luvly1957 says:

@naima we don’t have the radio station but her tv show is suppose to be starting in July. Don’t to much care for her either she tries to put everybody on front and she is to fake.

@Daisy look in the AJC for 5/27 in the entertainment section.

Nina says:

Rodney Ho tries so hard to be in the loop.

babysoft15 says:

Did I read this story wrong? Didnt he put the comment up on his Twitter page…you’d think he did it on the radio or something! Sandra I don’t know what he did to you, but DAMN you are going for his NECK!!

dblaq says:

Suspension with pay = Vacation!!!!!

MissJenee says:

I know Dblaq! WHAT UP DOE! LOL and Greg Street is syndicated. He is in Mississippi and Augusta,GA

attorneymom says:

@ dblaq, I concur. It is more akin to a vacation.

@ Sandra, did you band TheRealBlog. LOL

attorneymom Says:
    @ dblaq, I concur. It is more akin to a vacation.

@ Sandra, did you band TheRealBlog.

**************************************************************

Let’s just say I made it a lot easier for her to transition to another blog.

babysoft15 Says:
    Did I read this story wrong? Didnt he put the comment up on his Twitter page…

************************************************************

What U fail to understand is that he damaged the reputation of his station’s biggest advertiser with his childish tweets. As a RN, if I do something while off duty to damage the reputation of my hospital’s biggest financial donor, what do U think the hospital would do to me?

attorneymom says:

@ Sandra, LMAO. Thanks for forgiving me and allowing me to remaind apart of your blog family. I love you like a little sister. ; – )

attorneymom says:

Remain, sorry

iscream says:

Read got banned?

:-(

Pour out a lil liquor.

This songs dedicated to my homies in the gangster lean.

Daisy says:

LOL@Ice

pointhimout says:

why didn’t he just come back and say ” I aint got no twitter page?” that’s what everyone else does when shyt hits the fan. now they’re looking for his replacement. sure he’ll be at the annual xmas party. and that’s where he’ll unknowingly meet his replacement–then january 2010, it’ll become official and Greg’s gonna have that look on his face like ‘son of a bytch,’ we just met at the xmas party. move on to something else. you’re only on top for so long.

i wonder whats his grievance with alex?

pointhimout Says:

**********************************************************

I hear they’re grooming Lil Bankhead to replace him. But please don’t quote me.

Daisy says:

I just heard Lil Bankhead and I will pass just like I did on Gregg so HOOD!

1 Pingbacks

[...] very public twitter saga where he mentioned an episode that occured in an Atlanta nightclub and was suspended for a week after his employer, CBS Radio claimed his twitter was disrespectful to one of it’s [...]