Rihanna Banned from the Cover Of Vogue!

Anna Wintour, the crotchety old editor of U.S. Vogue has banned Rihanna from ever appearing on the cover of Vogue after someone in Chris Brown’s camp was thoughtful enough to share Rihanna’s nude pics with the world!!

The only other black females to grace the cover of the historically racist magazine are talk show Diva Oprah Winfrey, Oscar winner Jennifer Hudson and First Lady Michelle Obama.

Who does Anna Wintour think she is to deprive Rihanna of the opportunity to share such a honor with those distinguished women?

I say we boycott U.S. Vogue! If they ban Rihanna from the cover, we should never support the magazine again. Are you with me?

From Celebitchy via Star magazine:

“It could have been Rihanna’s shining moment: the cover of Vogue! But when the nude pictures hit cyberspace, her once-in-a-lifetime chance was gone in a flash. Rihanna and Vogue editor-in-chief Anna Wintour had been talking for weeks about doing the cover and an inside spread, says a close friend of the singer, who adds that the two even chatted about it at the Met Costume Institute Gala on May 4. “Anna told her Vogue absolutely loves her and really wanted to work with her. Rihanna was ecstatic!” But since the photos came out, says the friend, “Anna hasn’t returned any of her calls. Rihanna’s so upset!”

Photo: Rihanna Daily

64 Responses to “Rihanna Banned from the Cover Of Vogue!”

candycane says:

I have never bought a Vogue magazine in my life. I may have looked through one once

Anna says:

If Vogue does not want her I am sure Heff might. The pics are already out may as well get paid millions for a tasteful shoot.

Shauny says:

Tearing up my subscription to Vogue right now…NOT. I have NEVER been a fan of Vogue because they don’t cater to ANYTHING ethnic.

Daisy says:

I never bought Vogue a day in my life and I wouldn’t have bought it even if Princess RihRih made the cover. I would have looked it at in the store though to see what she had on..lol

iscream says:

Boycott Vouge, lmao.

Oprah, Michelle & Jennifer braced the cover. I don’t see where Rhianna fits in that mix anyway. Bey never covered Vouge?

Off to Google. Muncho where are you!

fashionista says:

womp womp. when u’re dumb enough to send out nude pictures, don’t be surprised when opportunities start unraveling. I love Vogue, and will continue to buy them. If covergirl pulled her endorsement, would you guys be up in arms about it?! these brands have an image and reputation to maintain and throwing broads who have pictures of themselves grabbing their asses and showing the goods, doesn’t quite fall in line with that. get over it…

LadyJustice says:

…people still buy magazines?

tstiles says:

ummm..can we say Naomi Campbell Liya Kebede..beYAWNsay…Iman..Chanel Iman..Jordan Dunn..soooo many more.

Daisy says:

@Ice I don’t think B covered Vogue before. They are not checking for her and Tina’s tacky fashion..lol

I like the shoes/boot RihRih has on in that pic.

@iscream yeah SHE (B) was on there. The issue right after Michelle. If Star magazine is true….ehhhhh.

RiRi will be okay. The fashion world doesn’t need VOGUE to know she is fierce..lol

Liberty says:

But they let that trashy God awful Britney Spears get the cover right?

tstiles Says:

********************************************************

I said U.S. Vogue, not the many copycat Vogue’s in other countries.

SunnyPA says:

It has been years since I’ve looked at Vogue. Even then, I was going through a kabuki makeup phase and dressing weird.

Oh, I bought Italy Vogue – the Black issue. It was really nice … too bad it was a “special” issue.

Daisy says:

@Windy Vogue knows she is FIERCE thats why they wanted her on the cover. IF this story is true I am sure RihRih is not losing any sleep over it. She will make it on the cover in due time.

iscream says:

She was on the cover of April 09. She actually cares about her career.

Still laughing at boycott Vouge over Rhianna.

coaretained says:

Are you with me?

Peachizz says:

I dont buy Vogue! but Im w/ cha. I see you,re back on the Rhi-Rhi ban wago,(think ya got a chance Sandra now that Chris is outa der?) :-)

Daisy says:

@Ice according to Sandra that wasnt a US cover. I have not a clue though. Just saying

avidreader says:

I don’t buy it! But I’m with you, not because of Rihanna but for the racist part!

Naima says:

Can’t boycott something I don’t buy, they never put black folks on the cover anyway. Eff that old pasty batch Wintour, her loss anyway

Daisy says:

I wonder if she told her that will be all

iscream says:

Well that Vouge was in English. So I don’t know what Vouge she is referring to.

Sandra.

That Bey cover for April 09 isn’t U.S?

Back to google… Muncho, paging Muncho.

teecee says:

who ever said she was going to be on the cover ?
    i dont think she will be on the cover of America Mensa bulletin magazine either, but i dont see you boycotting that one. lolol

SMALONE says:

when in the lime light you can not take nude pictures ever! so ri ri brought it all on her self…sandra you need to teach your girl….she just don’t know anything!! and i’m sure a sex tape is about to hit soon..

Shauny says:

I think some of us are missing a comprehension chip today.

I don’t think I’ve seen one post “up in arms” about RiRi not being/going to be on a Vogue cover.

Also, The fact that Vogue has been out for how long, since before many of us was born and you can count ON ONE HAND the number of blacks who has graced the cover and had to do a “special edition” JUST to feature ethnic model….mmkay.

Keep your Vogue, I don’t give a damn who’s on the cover.

iscream says:

Sandra,

Can we get this post edited to Inculde Beyonce’s name? That April 09 issue was U.S.

Daisy says:

@ice well in that case Sandra left off Bs name on purpose..lol You know how much she loves her..lol

Shauny says:

Isc – did you really google to find out if Beyacki was on a Vogue cover AND ask Sandra to edit a post to add it? You didn’t do that did you…lol

I expect to see CAPS from you from now on because that’s a bit STANISH.

MUNCHOSGIRL says:

ISCREAM HERE I AM! YES MRS. CARTER WAS ON AMERICAN VOGUE(DA REAL DEAL) I HAVE MY ISSUE. SANDRA JUST HATING AS PER USUAL.

iscream says:

Lmao @ Daisy and that’s the real reason she wants to boycott Vouge.

LOL@Ice

intensemocha says:

Their magazine their choice-I wouldn’t concern myself with someone who doesn’t want me, fug em.

intensemocha says:

oh you already know I have my copy-yes bey has graced the cover of vogue

Kymystry says:

good … a boycott .. umm no.. her NOT being on it MIGHT make be buy an issue now … lol

iscream says:

Thank you Muncho. I knew you would know.

@ Shauny.

I ONLY DID IT BECAUSE I KNEW SHE HAD TO COVER IT. SANDRA IS ALWAYS TELLING US GOOGLE IS OUR BEST FRIEND SO I JUST TOOK HER ADVICE.
    Lol, not a stan. But she is married to my dream lover so I have to hold it down for her sometime.

Off topic. I admitted to my s/o today my love for Jay (he hates him & tried to go in on how he looks at the game). I had to shut him down. He told me he now has to re evaluate himself because he has no idea how I can find Jay Z sexy.

Kymystry says:

AND .. them some ugly nightmare after christmas bandals (boots/sandals) she has on …

Shauny says:

Isc – just busting ya chops gal….lol

I must say I’m in agreement with your s/o on this one. BIG Jay fan musically but never found him sexy AT ALL.

Wish I could help you Sandra, but Voque doesn’t give a squat about my opinion. I can’t afford the magazine or anything they advertise.

aqtpie says:

LMBA0 @Sandra’s crazy a$$!!

Shauny Says:

**************************************************************

Money is like a hallucinogenic drug. It makes chicks hallucinate and think they’re seeing something that isn’t really there! Then when the money is gone, the drug wears off and she sees him for what he really is and dumps him, lol. :D

miamore73 says:

Yeah I don’t think boycotting would be a problem. I’ve never paid for a Vogue once in my 35 years.

That magazine has always been historically racist and they do a very good job keeping us away. I don’t know one black women that gives a rats ass about Vogue.

I say other black women of celebrity status should be the ones to boycott Vogue. Don’t do anymore covers.

So what if Rhianna posed nude hell most of Vogues models are drug infested whores anyway.

MUNCHOSGIRL says:

IT’SOKAY ISCREAM,MY BOO IS JEALOUS OF JAY TOO, I HAVE MY POSTERS AND GLOSSIES, HE KNOW NOT TO TOUCH THEM! HE TELLS ME HE KNOWS I WOULD LEAVE HIM FOR JAY IN AMINUTE,BUT I TELL HIM I WON’T(YEA I BE LYING) I CAN DREAM CAN’T I? HE WAS LOOKING GOOD TO ME FROM THE TIME HE HIT THE SCENE!

Krysi J says:

man, don’t nobody care bout no fukking vogue banning Rhianna’s desperate for attention, media whoring, playing the victim, who leaked her own nude photos azz!!!

iscream says:

Sandra Rose says
    **********************************************
    :-O Excuse me, lol. Okay, I half way agree with that. I find Jay confidence sexy. Even though he isn’t the best looking thing walking around. He has the confidence that says otherwise. & that I guess comes from him having money. & I actually like the hair on him.

Krysi you are going to BACK UP OFF PRINCESS RIHRIH..lol

@Kym those shoes are cute..lol

I like confidence in a man but if he isnt cute that wont make him cute to me I will just say there goes one confident man..lol

Deep Thoughts says:

I know your obsessed with Rhianna Sandra but give me a break, where talking about Rhianna who is simply a mannequin walking, she is not a career model, so being on the cover of Bogue is a privilege where despite the pictures she shouldn’t be able to grace the cover. lmao and Vogue is a White magazine that should not have to represent Black women period, if we had our own strength we wouldn’t care.

iscream says:

@ Daisy

Im not into “looks” like that (since I’ve matured). A man has to bring more to the table for me to be interested. I’ve come to find that good looking men bring you the most problems. I don’t know, I find the way Jay carries himself to be hellasexy. And he has a beautiful smile. :D

Its the Roc!

Daisy says:

People kill me saying they are not into looks..lol So does that mean your s/o is ugly to you?..lol

Anyway the new somewhat intimate/private pics of Chris and Rihanna from happier times are so cute and sweet. Just saw them on global grind. I really liked them as a couple and I may be alone in my thinking but I am still not convinced they are over I still say time will tell.

@Ice ITS THE KING HOMIE!…lol

na na says:

dont read vogue she be ok she still got money in tha bank shell be aight.oh an come an follow me on twitter at miss_monka. an i love me sum tyrese he can sing an he fine an humble too!

na na says:

oh i love me sum tyrese is nice eye candy sandra can u make him a morning coffe? u havent did that in a while

attorneymom says:

Iscream, please forgive. But I got to do it.

zzzzzz!!!!!

Sidebar: We want Clay!!! We want Mr. Evans!!!!

Krysi J says:

I may be alone in my thinking
    —————————-

and u are hun LOL!…….Chris a sweating no Rhianna anymoe. But u know I had to get her and I WILL. lol!

LMBAO @ attorneymom’s obsession with Clay.

And, I like brains, confidence, and a nicCah with his OWN shyt….but he still has to be cute…at least in my eyes….Im sorry but thats just the way it iz wit me. And Jay Z and worth the money…but obviously Beyonce finds him sexy in her own way or she would not be with him. Nobody has the same taste in the opposite sex money or no money…unless you’re just a hoe out there in the streets fukking anything for ends there is no excuse for being with a crazy looking dude. IMO. And trust, men feel the same way about women.

Daisy says:

@Krysi I aint studding you I like Princess RihRih. The new pics of them from happier times are sooooooooooooo CUTE! Young love at its best.

Hermosa says:

UUUUUHHHH Sandra, their have been more than just those black women to grace the cover of US Vogue….

Beverly Johnson
    Halle Berry
    Model Liya Kebe
    Beyonce
    Tyra and Naomi Cambell..

Again, this is all US Vogue…And I know bc I a have been a subscriber to vogue since I was 14 yrs old.

Now granted, there havent been that many black women on the cover but there have been more than you mentioned and if you dont believe me….google their covers!

SylentDreamz says:

Wait, I thought you were going to stop doing Rhianna posts until after the trail or whatever?? I’m pretty sure their decision was based on more than the nude pics she took for her boo that got her banned.

attorneymom says:

@ Krysi, I guess I can pack it up. There will be no Mr. Clay sightings happening this weekend. Sigh.

Anna says:

Krysi J Says:

I may be alone in my thinking
    —————————-

~~~~~~~
    They worked together. I believe that you can’t help who you fall in love with. There was chemistry and when you get to know someone looks get thrown out the window.

Shauny says:

@Daisy
    I’ve seen the pictures too and I thought they were really cute.

How long has Vogue been out and again, were counting on our fingers who’s been on the cover. Vogue doesn’t give 2 chits whether a person of color buys their magazine or not so I don’t give 2 chits about Vogue or ugly as Ms Wintour.

Daisy says:

@Shauny I agree and GO CAVS!..lol I have NEVER bought Vouge a day in my life and I dont believe this story anyway..lol

Anna says:

The Cavs lost. I can see favortism now, the Fakers will win.

iscream says:

48 Daisy Says:

****************************
    Should I send flowers or make a donation in your honor?

And to answer your question my baby is quite attractive and we compliment each other well. But it wasn’t his looks that helped him win the golden prize. It was everything else that still has me getting butterflys before I see him and miss him when he’s not there. I’m sure you know the feeling…. LOL.

Hermosa says:

Does anyone know if Drake’s CD is out?

Its out on Itunes but I cant find it anywhere else and its sold as individual songs, not an album!?

Sandra, anyone, help!?

Daisy says:

Ice u proved my point your boo is cute to you thank u kindly for helping out n proving my point. I NEVER said looks were the only thing that mattered if you are cute n sorry as hell them u gotz to go and girl I aint had butterflies n so long *sighs*