T.I.’s rep denies marriage rumors (for the 50th time)

I was just talking about this irresponsible rumor last night with a friend. We couldn’t believe Essence put this out. Isn’t Essence supposed to be a legitimate news source? Why didn’t Essence at least contact someone at Grand Hustle before publishing this story? It would have been as easy as calling or emailing Hannah or Clay.

It’s almost like Essence is attempting to compete with certain blogs that routinely and intentionally fabricate stories to drive traffic to their websites.

From EURweb.com:

A publicist for rapper T.I. is denying reports that his client got married to his longtime girlfriend Tameka “Tiny” Cottle during a private ceremony in Miami two weeks ago.

Essence.com‘s Kenya Byrd reported Tuesday that the couple had exchanged vows, based on an unnamed “source close to the bride.” The source said, “All I am allowed to say is that T.I. and Tiny are officially husband and wife.” The Web site also reported “the intimate affair was attended by close family members and select members of Grand Hustle, the rapper’s label imprint.”

However, T.I.’s publicist Sydney Margetson on Wednesday told Sister to Sister magazine that the report is “absolutely not true.”

Meanwhile, Tiny and Lil Wayne’s ex-wife Antonia “Toya” Carter are starring in a new reality show to premiere on BET June 30 at 10 p.m.

Titled “Tiny and Toya,” the half-hour series will follow the “two dynamic, young women immersed in the craziness of the hip hop world, but striving to find inner strength, peace and purpose,” states a BET press release.

BET will air a preview special, Monday, June 15 at 10pm/9c followed by a sneak peek Sunday, June 28 (immediately after the BET Awards).

20 Responses to “T.I.’s rep denies marriage rumors (for the 50th time)”

Anna says:

Them not getting married gets more attention than them getting married.

Naima says:

Essence prints gossip now!,from these ol random internet blogs at that!
    First they advocate going to strip clubs to find men, now they print gossip from internet bloggers, who are nothing but regular Janes and Joes who are not even really in the entertainment industry. They ought to be ashamed

Krysi J says:

I mean…does it really matter, at this point?

babysoft15 says:

LMFAO at the “certain” blogs statement! I was fooled, cause I thought this was one of those “certain” blogs!!

miamore73 says:

Really I don’t see what the big deal is. If he did marry he should have talk about a ride or die girl. She deserves 1/2.

MIZZ.I_REP_ATL says:

I’m so tired of hearing about this. I’ma need 4 people to accept the fact that, NO, He did not marry this girl.

kwallace577 says:

i think they DID and they just want it to come out on her show for ratings….so for now it is “they didn’t”…

ggouch says:

I agree with the poster Anna. You are so right!!!

I am excited to hear about Toya potential rise to her own stardom. I have met her through mutual friends and she is a very pleasant down to earth young woman. I hope she continues to show those positive traits. I wish her and her daughter much success!!

Charles says:

Who gives a ****

Irrelevant!

attorneymom says:

Essence is turning into the hoodrat magazine of blackdom. Where is Susan Taylor when you need her??

iscream says:

Wasn’t this posted yesterday under stupid rumors that don’t need to be addressed?

Guess Essence made it address worthy.

& I don’t like Essence with their watered down interviews. 4 pages & about 10 quotes from the featured artist. Shout out to Jamie Foster-Brown who always give it straight with no chaser. Love s2s.

attorneymom says:

I love S24 Magazine. Let’s all purchase a 2 year subscription to S2S and cancel our Essence subscription.

teecee says:

TI WIULL NEVER MARRY TINY BECAUSE SHE IS WHAT WE GUYS CALL OLD PUZZY. YOU DONT HAVE TO MARRY HEWR BECAUSE WHAT EVER YOU DO, SHE GONNA STILL WELCOME YOU BACK WITH OPEN ARMS, LEGS AND CHECK BOOK. IF HE WANTED HER, HE WOULD ACKNOWLEDGE THEIR RELATIONSHIP, BUT HE HASNT AO HE JUST HANGING ON TO HER LIKE A GOOD LEATHER JACK UNTIL SOMETHING BETTER COMES ALONG AND HE WILL LAY CLAIM TO IT PROTECT IT. TINY BETTER GET HER MONEY IN CASH, STOCKS, BONDS OR CDS BECAUSE AT SOME POINT RAPPERS RETIRE AND HE SOON WILL BE ON A NEW CHICK.

Daisy says:

@Ice Jamie gives you everything you wanted to know and them some..lol She doesnt leave any stones unturned..lol

I like Essence as well though. For fashion and health/beauty tips. They have very short articles.

coaretained says:

*biggest sigh on earth*

As much as I stan for TIP and not really care for Tiny’s looks… I wouldn’t be opposed to them tying the knot (ducks from whatever folks is throwing). She obviously loves the hell out of him and well… she aight to him as well judging by the fact she’s still around, has his babies and even was on the show. I AM a lil confrused by him never clearing up those pesky “situation” comments, which is what leads me to believe I still have a chance .. but… hey.. if they get married more power to em. You like it, I love it baby.

chat bout says:

i wonder how tiny feels about ti ppl going all out to tell the world that he didn’t marry her? and for the love of god why is this woman name “tiny” she’s shaped and looks like a milk gallon.and her lips always looks like it’s saying “gimme something to suck on”

The Divine Ms. K says:

LOL @ chat bout – A MILK GALLON? LOL LOL

I’m sick of hearing about Tiny and TI. Who gives a rat’s a$$ at this point if they’re married? I mean, he referred to her as a “situation” – doesn’t sound to enthused.

And a reality show? Really? What have Tiny (and don’t even bring up 10 year + Xscape) and Toya do but get knocked up by two rappers? Why is that worth 30 minutes of my life to watch? NEXT!

pointhimout says:

lol yall are so cruel and harsh–well, the comments. a milk gallon? stop it i say.

if bet or somebody’s gonna give her a show, take it. why not come up off this incident? i mean, it aint like she wasn’t there the whole time. and now the celebrity father/”hubby” is on lock, I would like to know what she’ll be doing this entire year. i wish they’d videotape the conjugal visits. i’m just serious. I think she’s like 4’11 or 5’0, very short. I believe that’s where the name came from. she has tough skin man. I tip my hat to her for that. she’s probably the sweetest person too.

TEAM TINY.

coaretained says:

@pointhimout

There are no conjugal visits at that prison.. I looked… only because there was a link that said CONJUGAL VISITS.

rochele08 says: