Source: OMG/Lil Wayne performance Was Not Planned

I just heard from a source close to Tiny’s camp who informed me that the appearance of Tiny’s preteen group OMG onstage with rappers Lil Wayne and Drake at the BET Awards was neither planned nor rehearsed.

My source said the group’s appearance onstage was a last minute decision by Wayne and no one else.

According to my source, what happened was Wayne’s daughter Reginae, 9, was upset that she didn’t get the chance to accompany her father, Lil Wayne, to the stage to accept his award because she was sitting too far back in the audience.

Once backstage, the youngster began to cry. And Wayne, who they say is a great dad, hated to see his little girl cry. So he told Reginae she could come out onstage during his performance with Drake. Reginae, being the team player that she is, asked the other members of her group to go out on stage with her.

So there you have it.

Also, remember that the 2009 BET Awards was pre-recorded on Saturday afternoon. So the girls were not up past their bedtimes.

68 Responses to “Source: OMG/Lil Wayne performance Was Not Planned”

KaraZ says:

In this episode of “What hoodrats and their offspring do…” :rolleyes:

spongebobfan says:

DAmn the promo for jeremih is slowing down my work pc….

on topic…It was a mess whatever the story is.. and um, he pulled up some lil girl in white, who was that??

Shauny says:

I don’t give a hell what the excuse is. He told her to come onstage for the performance and still rapped the R rated version of the song. That doesn’t make it any better.

Also, they need to teach Reginae azz that she isn’t entitled to get on the stage everytime her daddy wins a damn award. I hate that the bring everyone and their moma up there anyway. She missed out…deal. So she threw a hissy fit and was allowed to come on stage and shake it with daddy singing sex filled song. What a reward for her.

kdillon says:

Still no excuse, he knew what the lyrics were!!
    Im mad that it was pre recorded which means BET could have edited that mess…

PAHairston says:

Hello All. Our precious little girls should have been no where near this stage. I’m just saying. But what good will it do? This hip/hop/rap culture has gone wayyyyyy to far to turn back now. The damage has been done. “It’s all about the dollar bill ya’ll, the mighty dollar. So sad for our children. Peace.

kdillon says:

Im embarrassed at the whole situation, CNN and other white folks were there and we looked like complete fools.

Mspeng says:

Nope……….I still don’t feel better about it.

WeezysBaby says:

Auntie the award were not prerecorded.. It was live plus they weren’t up pass their bed time because Cali is 3 hours ahead of us and it came on at 8 making it 5 out there. And if the show was pre recorded with all the cussing that went on from Wayne to Jamie to Eddie Levert. I am sure BET would have edited that. And even if he did tell her to come up at the last mintue there was still some knowledge that those kids were going to be on stage while he performed that song. I see if they were on front row and he just pulled them out their seats but NO they came with him. SO TIny, Toya and Wayne should be ashamed to even have allowed that to happen. While Tiny “camp” wants to wait til two days after the awards to justify it when really there is NO justification…

jazi65 says:

So he still chose to sing that foul mouthed song with his daugther on stage..WTH!

spongebobfan says:

seriously, he pulled a lil girl up on stage with him wasnt that her, he only got one award(on the show itself)

Alana says:

That was a horrible scene to watch. I couldn’t believe my eyes. Lil Wayne should be ashamed of himself for that mess…

ELove says:

Succumbing to YOUR child’s Trivial-n-Childish wishes…
    DOES NOT make you a Great Parent-Father !!!

Now checking her INTO reality and Putting her in her Rightful-Place as a child would’ve IMPRESSED ME
    LOL

iscream says:

:shrugs:

You can’t win for losing.

goat76 says:

I wouldn’t give a sh1t if she was upset and crying because she couldn’t get on stage……these spoiled kids run they so-called parents…..its kids crying and dying of starvation everyday……

Mspeng says:

Alana Says:

**********************************************************

He’s probably not. He probably didn’t even notice people thought it was offensive until somebody pointed it out to him. Drake looked uncomfortable. lol

eastpointvet says:

lol bet awards wasnt pre recorded

Charles says:

Pre recorded????

Daisy says:

@Goat LOL I can always count on you and Krysi for a good laugh :rofl:

iscream says:

@ spongbob fan comment 13

YOU ARE SO RIGHT!!!!!!!

I remember him bringing her up there. Can’t even try and defend this lie.

:ban:

iscream says:

Sorry sponge comment 10.

You know what I meant.

Songbird27 says:

Shauny Says:

********************************************

Cosign!!! that performance was horrible.

Mspeng says:

spongebobfan Says:

********************************************************

It wasn’t his daughter that was on the stage…it was Baby and his daughter.

shay1 says:

East – did you go?

Charles says:

This is exactly what is wrong with black people, this is wha single unwed mothers create heathens and hoodrats!

spongebobfan says:

It wasn’t his daughter that was on the stage…it was Baby and his daughter.

*************************************
    If that was the case i can see WHY nay nay was having a hissy fit, but still it doesnt condone any of this foolishness..
    iscream Says:

@ spongbob fan comment 13

YOU ARE SO RIGHT!!!!!!!
    ****************************************************
    LOL looks like im wrong

Songbird27 says:

LMAO @ Drake surrounded by a bunch of little girls… shame, shame, shame. They all goin’ straight to hell with gasoline draws on! LOL

Mspeng says:

Charles Says:

****************************************************

Guess your theory is wrong Charles…Toya was not unwed…she was a married mother. Married or single…poor judgement can belong to anybody. And my mother is a single mother…a successful one at that, who didn’t raise a hoodrat.

spongebobfan says:

Oh but wait Charles, we cant say anything cause toya MARRIED wayne which made their sex and child as 14yos all the better

Daisy says:

DEAD and walking around Heaven all day @Shay..LOL

pointhimout says:

naw it wasn’t pre-recorded. it was live, including that performance. people were on different blogs interacting and watching it along with the celebs. some celebs who were right there started talking about them on the spot, in a bad way. it was too many of them and audience members chiming in for it to have been taped previously, or saturday.

wayne knew better than that.

MissB says:

Sandra did you even watch the BET Awards?

The show was live and when Lil Wayne won an award he dragged his daughter on to the stage with him.

I’m guessing that the ‘source’ from Tiny’s camp didn’t watch the show either.

shay1 says:

Daisy – what? I just asked a question :-) :rotf: at you walking around heaven all day….

shay1 says:

Oh ok East, how you doing anyways? :)

MissB says:

Well at least I think that was his daughter… Oh who knows, who cares.

But those little girls on stage .. nah inappropriate

starr says:

It was not precorded…..someonebody told u wrong sandra

Charles says:

TOYA IS A HOODRAT AND TRUST HER DAUGHTER REGINAMIKA SHAQWANNA CARTER WILL BE ONE TOO

SUCKING ANF ****ING @ 14 IS A MESS!! AND LIKE MOTHER LIKE DAUGHTER!

avidreader says:

They would have been better off blaming it on the alcohol! LOL SMH

brwnsugga4you says:

DOESN’T MATTER!!! no way should her daughter or any other kid been on that stage while her father sings ” I JUST WANT TO F*** EVERY GIRL IN THE WORLD”. poor excuse for parents. tiny included!!!

lovejoy1 says:

darn charles- that was harsh-lmao any hoot that excuse SUCKS -try again.. it doesnt excuse lil waynes behavior in front of the youngsters-

good dad huh?
    lets see
    1. recently got busted with drugs
    2. his music lyics
    3. always sipping on sizzurp or what eva else kind of
    drugs he is on..
    list goes on but im at work and i aint got time for all that…

So Sandra lil wayne is ur boy now- i didnt see any dissing post about him and his actions yet!!!

coaretained says:

I was just about to say that #10… I smell bullshyt

wiggy2272003 says:

okay so the girls mothers MAYBE didn’t know he would do the dirty version. Doesn’t not explain how or why those children were dancing provacitavly on national tv. I have a ten year old daughter and I guarentee you she would not have attempted to gyrate.

rhiannon says:

@ Charles

Last time I checked a heathen was a person that did not acknowledge the God of the bible. Sometimes we need to think before we speak. As a product of an unwed mother I am neither a hoodrat or a heathen. Never will be. Your ignorance is equal to Lil’ Wayne’s when you throw such comments out. You have proven time and time again that you are unhappy, perhaps even a loser, as you time and time again bash other people. What they did was totally wrong, but you spend your day bashing people’s character as though yours is so great. It’s a good thing we can hide behind screen names, because I’m sure your life Sucks!!

Charles says:

@43

IGNORANCE??

YOU MUST NOT KNOW STATSITCIS

80% OF CONVICTED FELONS ARE THE PRODUCTS OF SINGLE MOTHERS

AND THAT’S A UNDEINIABLE FACT!

AND U THINK ANY OF THOSE HOODRATS CARE ABOUT GOD OR THE BIBLE YEAH RIGHT!

I COULD GO ON ON THE TRAVESTY THAT HAS BEFALLEN THE BLACK COMMUNITY THANKS TO GOVERNEMNT WELFARE AND THE ABSCENCE OF THE BLACK MAN

ThatTRust was baby daughter not his his child is not skinny hey you can’t tell people how to rasie there kids he prob didn’t see nothing wrong with it since that was his baby girl I can’t judge nobody my daughter was in bed

I guess it’s the same if you listen to it in the car and your kids are in the back seat? Hey whatever i don’t judge people by the way they rasie they kids I’ve seen wrose. I see six year old walking down main streets at ten at night whatever

rhiannon says:

@ Charles

Again I say it’s UNDENIABLE that you are an unhappy individual… Who by the way needs a spell checker before posting comments. I bet some of those products of unwed single mothers have no problem with their spelling!! Yet you point the finger… What makes you so angry? Were you dumped by one of these hoodrats/heathens, who are single parents, now you want to lump everyone in the same category? Or did you have a neglectful parent… Charles get some counseling!! Release some of that anger!! LOL!

I was very disappointed to see those girls up there with Drake and Lil Wayne. I wish my daughter would be up there lip synching to some song like that! Debra Lee was in the audience Im surprised she allowed that hot mess!Thats the world today nobody cares!

Charles says:

@47

SEE THE GETCHA GOTCHA IS

ICANTYEPLIEKTHSI AND YOU STILL UNDERSTANDWHATIMAWRITNG

THAT’S THE MAGIC OF THE HUMAN BRAIN YOU SHOULD USE IT TO LOOK UP SOME FACTS ON WHAT THE ABSCENCE OF THE BLACK MAN AND GOVERNMENT WELFARE HOW MANY PEOPLE IN UR FAMILY ARE IN PRISON OR HAVE BEEN INCARCERATED? I BET YOU AT LEAST ONE AND THAT BOY/GIRL DID NOT HAVE THEIR FATHER

THE STATISTICS DON’T LIE

BLACKBARBIE404 says:

IS DOING WHAT?

*CURRENTLY ONLINE READING THE RESURRECTION OF SWEETFACE*

CARRY ON……

crystal says:

i think that was Byrd man daughter.

aqtpie says:

LMBAO @ BB!!!

Gagirl73 says:

I have a 5 yr old and a 12 yr old mark my words they do not run me or husband. When I was a child my mama made sure I stayed in a child’s place. And that’s one rule I put my foot down about!!!!!

miamore73 says:

I’m confused. Because I’m sure I saw Wayne take his little girl on stage with him when he accepted his award. She went a couple of other dudes besides Wayne went. hmmmm also I thought he only had that one daughter by the chick on the show with Tiny??? His daughter is younger than the video o’s in training that were on that stage the other night.

My daughter even commented on how young their faces were but they’re demeanor was anything but.

akiey says:

NOPE! I’m not buying such lame excuses as for unbecoming behaviour in public and infront of the world. Shame spelled backwords is still shame.

Why is it that black women get blame because ninjas want to bea rolling stone? We can’t make a man be right and also you can be married and your husand wakes up and says he want keylolo than what? I’ll say women stay married back in the day because they put up and suffered but where they happy? My grandma know is worn and sickly cause shenlet my granddad stress her cuz she wanted to keep her family together but my grandad had him a women on the side do cared less yes she never worked and he paid all the bills but was it worth it? Not to me cuz he was doing him and happy but these dusty ninjas most of the time want you znd keylolo but when you get on the low with Ronny he want to kill a bish whatever. Nothing last forever and life is no fairytail you plan things for your life and somehow it turns out wrong u have to make the best of it.

With all those goof ups they had in that show,that was not pre-recorded,it was live. lmao!

The Divine Ms. K says:

Yeah, the concern was the girls being up past their bedtimes and NOT that one of their father’s was talking about how he wants to f**k every girl in the world while he has not one, but TWO chicks knocked up and due to give birth w/in weeks of each other. Oh and those two babies will be joining the one he JUST had with some manicurist from somewhere. If there is an eye-roll icon, I need it now. :eyeroll: Did it work??? lol

Lil Wayne is a joke of what a man is supposed to be and the real shame is the women who continue to want to get with him. A “good father” does not have his underage daughter (can she sing, by the way since she’s in a group??) gyrating around while he sings about sticking his corroded manhood in every chick who sees fit to let him do so.

The Divine Ms. K says:

:rolleyes:

The Divine Ms. K says:

Man, what’s the icon!? LOL

cocoa49 says:

don’t care what the reason was, it still was tacky.

You have GOT to be kidding me. Someone had the audacity to try to offer an excuse for that madness? Nigga please. And since when is an absentee drug addict a good parent? Is it because he cuts a fat child support check? How often does he see his daughter? And since when is it ok to reward a child for a freakin tantrum?

I don’t even blame the parents who are ghetto and triflin beyond belief and probably really thought that nonsense was cute. I blame the people at BET for allowing that to go down. And why can’t these niggas accept their awards alone like normal people anyway? You can rest assured that is the last BET Awards I will ever see.

dblaq says:

Great Dad my ass!!!! I am a Dad and that sh!t would have never been going down especially if I had a daughter. So I guess I need to take my son to running a train on a groupie. So he can get the experience first hand????

First you teach your kids respect, discipline and order! Thats the reason why our society so fuc*ked up. We don’t even respect the kids anymore.

intensemocha says:

WHO GIVES A SHIAT-STILL A BAD DECISION, AFTER THEY SAW THE COMMENTS POSTED THEY OBVIOUSLY SOUGHT AN EXPLANATION THAT WOULD APPEASE OTHERS AND MAKE THEM APPEAR AS SAINTS

WHATEVA-SO I DIDN’T KNOW IT WAS GOING TO HAPPEN, I AINT BUYIN IT NOR DOES IT MATTERS WHAT I THINK-THE MAJORITY ALREADY HAS SPOKEN IT WAS A BAD LOOK ALL THE WAY AROUND

THE WHO, WHAT, AND WHEN REALLY DOESN’T MATTER, THE DAMAGE HAS BEEN DONE ALREADY

intensemocha says:

@nichellewalker

thank you for your comments that is exactly what i’ve been talking about on this site and i’ve received so much criticism because of it & because I’m not one of those banner carrying i’s married chicks

if you are married to a good man and he’s good to you, moreso faithful, and he’s handling his responsibilities as a man-thank God, I’m truly happy for you and that is what I want for myself

but a whorish husband/man is not the business & I be damn if I will put with a man cheating on me just to say I have one or because I don’t want to raise my children alone, or foot all the bills.

My pride and dignity can’t be bought & life is alot easier when you know that you can take care of yourself and don’t have to put up with anybody’s bullshiat just because they pay the bills or they’re your babby daddy

3 Pingbacks

[…] tell Sandra Rose that the reason for Weezy’s daughter Reginae was on stage was because she was unable to […]

[…] to Sandra Rose and this might explain why it wasn’t their best performance and why they performed the songs […]

[…] Blogger Sandra Rose has a little more information on why Lil’ Wayne brought his nine-year-old daughter and her friends on stage at the B-E-T Awards as he performed “Every Girl in the World.” She writes, “Reginae was upset that she didn’t get the chance to accompany her father…to the stage to accept his award because she was sitting too far back in the audience. Once backstage, the youngster began to cry… So he told Reginae she could come out onstage during his performance with Drake. Reginae, being the team player that she is, asked the other members of her group to go out on stage with her.” […]