Bow Wow says Solange is dead azz wrong for cutting her hair

Rapper Bow Wow went in on one of his former flames yesterday for cutting her hair like a dude.

Solange Knowles, sister of Beyonce Knowles, chopped off her hair about two weeks ago but wore a lacefront until a couple of days ago. She called herself making a statement about how black women put too much emphasis on their hair.

But fans and former boyfriends alike came down hard on Solange for making such a dramatic style statement without properly preparing her fans first.

Bow Wow, who once dated Solange when they were young’ns, wrote on his Twitter page:

as artist aint we pose 2 stand out from 1 anotha and be creative? so y err female rnb singer falln behind the next wit dis bald shit?

Translation: “As artists, aren’t we supposed to stand out from one another and be creative? So why is it that female artists, who are struggling to stay relevant, copy other wannabe’s like Amber Rose by going bald?”

In another tweet, Bow Wow wrote:

F*** wrong wit all deez chix cuttn they hair wantn to be boyz n shit! yall gotta CUT that out! dnt wanna look at u and u lookn like me gnr

Translation:

“What is going on with all these young ladies today cutting their hair and carrying themselves like men? Stop that! As a man, I don’t want to look at you and see myself in your reflection.”

51 Responses to “Bow Wow says Solange is dead azz wrong for cutting her hair”

goat76 says:

Who da phuck Bow Wow suppose to be……ain’t nobody ???ing him about his Tatts…..is he an Overseer of Fashion, he ain’t even a trend setter….A TI wanna bee is more like it….

Smokie says:

I guess No Hair Don’t Care…

Mika79 says:

1…he looks GHEY in that pic!
    2…Solange said I AM NOT MY HAIR!

Anna says:

gnr
    ~~~~~~~
    How did you get the word “reflection out of that”?

Gagirl73 says:

Bow Wow I would not even come see you at a FREE concert!!!
    I have seen you in Phipps Plaza and I was mot even fazed,dazed or amazed! But I’m only speaking for me!!!

Gagirl73 says:

correction, I meant not fazed etc…….

Anna says:

This just goes to show that even a gay man doesn’t care if it’s fake as long as he can run his fingers through it.

PAHairston says:

F*U*C*K Bow Bow and congrats to her for having the balls to shave off all her hair. (She’s still very feminine.) I guess she got tired of her HIB (Hair I Bought) I wish all our sisters would go natural, maybe not this drastic, but natural. After all, this is what God gave us so it MUST be good. Peace.

pinky2083 says:

Bow need to shut his azz up!

iscream says:

Yay a non Obama post.

On topic. Didn’t Bow Wow use to rock braids? Things to make you go hummmm.

& Sandra why does Amber have to be a wannabe? Its called a trend. My only question is why did Solonge throw a wig on? She played herself.

rochele08 says:

…shad, go kick rocks!

LadyJustice says:

souljaboy pretty much said the same thing. but who cares what they have to say.

Anna Says:

gnr
    ~~~~~~~
    How did you get the word “reflection out of that”?

gnr means gotta ni99a rolling… like LoL
    reflection came from “lookn like me”

katgirl33 says:

She could have at least lined that shyt up……she looks a nappy mess…..she need the barber now…..LOL

I ain’t got no problems with a fade on women, but not every lady can rock it! I got a short cut, but not faded entirely…..I KNOW I can’t do it! LOL

kwallace577 says:

My only question is why did Solonge throw a wig on? She played herself.
    ——————————-
    i disagree. i am natural and some of the sandrarose fam who are my friends in real life (lol) can attest that i rock a wig from time to time. like in my pic….some have even seen me with the real short natural ‘do too. love my short hair…just want a change sometimes. i went all the way short for a myraid of reasons…reason number one is that there are two other female heads in the home that need to be maintained so i took mine out of the line up for cost and ease reasons…not sure why solange did it but to each their own…and whatever that reason is… bow wow need to hursh about it.

kwallace577 says:

———————————
    cosign. i am not quite THAT short lol. i am mostly curly and short in the back and sides….

iscream says:

Has anyone heard that E. Lynn Harris died?

OT-RIP E. Lynn Harris, my favorite author.

anti-PC says:

Shut up Bowie.

Do you Solange. If it makes you happy, screw everyone else!

kwallace577 says:

yes i just read that about e. lynn harris. sad.

Mika79 says:

How did he die? I can’t find anything.

iscream says:

@ Kwallace while I get your point. I think she played herself because she cuts it Wednesday and Wigs it Thursday? That I don’t get.

Who knows maybe she was always bald and decided to let her head breath for the day. :shrug:

MUNCHOSGIRL says:

BOW WOW AND SOULJABOY WERE COMMENTING BACK AND FORTH WITH EACH OTHER LIKE LIL BYTCHES, HER COUSIN TWITTED
    Fake ass thugs talking crazy about my folks, olll Twangsters

Nina says:

Bow is funny…I watched him on Ustream yesterday talking about bloggers, etc.

So its true about E. Lynn Harris?? So sad…

Daisy says:

I have all of E Lynns books :sad:

Daisy says:

@Nina for some reason I watch Teyana Taylor on ustream but don’t tell anybody :wink:

Anna says:

12LadyJustice Says:

souljaboy pretty much said the same thing. but who cares what they have to say.

Anna Says:

gnr
    ~~~~~~~
    How did you get the word “reflection out of that”?

gnr means gotta ni99a rolling… like LoL
    reflection came from “lookn like me”
    ~~~~~~
    Thanx.

MUNCHOSGIRL says:

ISCREAM SHE CUT HER HAIR ON THE 13TH, NOT WEDNESDAY. SHE HINTED SHE HAD DID IT.

Wow. I can’t believe I just did that. I feel 16 again.
    3:45 AM Jul 13th from TweetDeck

i. have. done. this. twice. in. my. life. i. was 16. i was 18. did. not care about your opinion. then. dont. care. now.
    about 22 hours ago from web

stupid. paps. took. pic. ive. had. my. hair. cut. like. this. for. two. weeks. i. was. NOT. inspired. by anyone. but. my. self.
    about 21 hours ago from web

spongebobfan says:

And we care what Bow wow thinks because??????????????? :coffee:

spongebobfan says:

Further……. Hair grows back…..what about the abundance of Tatoos on you that will look worse the older you get

GTFOH dude….you lame

flyqtnva says:

BOW WOW finally speaks some knowledge…they want to blur the lines…if u cant tell u looking at a man or women..it makes it easier to promote a lesbian/gay lifestyle…i glad he spoke up…i dont want to see a bunch of pretty girls walking around looking like men either

LadyJustice says:

BOWWOW responded back to sandra on twitter.

rip E Lynn Harris. anyway the wind blows was my favorite

dakotab says:

Okay, Bow Wow did your GHOSTWRITER write that too?!!

And as for being original, I know you ain’t talking.

Nina says:

@ Daisy – I gotta check Teyana out then.

I’m sure Sandra knows this but Bow gave SR some props on the video…especially since she goes in on another blog site. Think – football pic.

Daisy says:

@Ice I just listened to your boys new song and its straight. The beat is cool and I love Princess Rih Rih on the hook and my boy Yeezy killed his verse! I give the song a B+

eastpointvet says:

bow wow was on his ustream yesterday and he talked about it and showed a whole bunch of pics of him and solange and was like they cool and even his hair didnt look right when he first cut it. he also said he love sandra rose when they asked him about blogs he liked

iscream says:

What’d he say to Sandra?

@ Munch

Really. If she cut it two months ago my point is. The day after it was exposed to everyone she threw a wig on. & her tweets annoy me for some reason. If you don’t care what people think why put the wig on. Why even mention that you don’t care. Just do you, you bald headed ski jumper.

Sorry yall but her I’m invincible attitude is getting old. Too bad your record sales weren’t invincible… more like laughable. & get a shape up. If you’re going to do it. Do it right damn it.

Daisy says:

@Ice Solo irks me as well from time to time she tries to hard IMO. Just do you and keep it moving Solo. She loves to rant and rave on twitter for somebody who doesn’t care :shrug:

jazi65 says:

Did she had alot of hair to begin with? You know those knowles been rockin weaves/wigs for a min.

IMO it looks like she’s recovering from hair loss, not a hair cut.

E Lynn was on a west coast book tour and his health failed him. He died this morning around 1030. I also have all his books and all were signed at a book signing in Atlanta except the last one, Basketball Jones. His works will be missed.

I know its only Twitter…but this ‘man’ needs some ed-juh-ma-cation in his LIFE! lol

MUNCHOSGIRL says:

ISC, I SAID 2 WEEKS NOT MONTHS. I DON’T THINK SHE IS TRYING TO HARD, I JUST THINK PEOPLE WHO CLAIM NOT TO BE INTERESTED IN HER SPENDS WAY TOO MUCH TIME TRYING TO SEE WHERE SHE IS COMING FROM. “IF A TREE FALLS IN THE FOREST,AND NO ONE IS THERE, DOES IT MAKE A SOUND?”

iscream says:

@ Munch

It does if its on twitter.

& I know you said two weeks.

LadyJustice says:

daisy u remember that photo sandra posted with solo and bow wow… he had on the red lip stick? she said that was her real hair and that she wasnt gonna wear weave for the next few months… thats she she put on twitter about 2 weeks ago…

getting the bow wow tweets now, i have to do it from my phone will take a sec

Krysi J says:

shyt i don’t care if Carmello said it….its the damn truth!

Everybody can’t wear that shyt, so yes I want to know why people playing copy cat all of a sudden too!

LadyJustice says:

ok… he deleted that @reply cuz its gone now. he pretty much said he walkin talkin bout solo just girls in general.

From: @bowwow614
    Sent: Jul 24, 2009 1:33p

i got sumn u all can re tweet! F*** THE MEDIA!

sent via web

:rofl: he must have known we were gonna copy and paste

Krysi J says:

i got sumn u all can re tweet! F*** THE MEDIA!
    ————————————————–

:rofl: ….dat nicca iz Ill…hahaha!

musicluvher says:

BOW WOW HOW DID YOU GET SO LAME!!!!
    DO SOMETHING WITH YOUR LIFE. GO TO SCHOOL. BE AN ENTREPRENEUR.

Seattle Slim says:

Wait a minute. Historically, long hair has been a Eurocentric/Westernized ideal of beauty. Not for Africans. Matter of fact, I saw several young girls with their hair short like Solanges when they were in So. Africa on CNN’s Black in America. Education on our history is SO necessary. I’m mad at her because she has me dreaming about cutting my hair again, and my joint grown into a nice fro that when stretched reaches a little pass the middle of my neck. Damn you Solange!!!

LUSCIOUS says:

It’s been over for Bow wow for a while now …all he got is a pop up roll in entourage …nothin’ else.Solange shaved her head but i don’t get that Cassie “i wanna be relevant” so damn bad vibe from her.i feel that she did it cause she could.and why the hell would she be obligated to inform her “fans” first about cutting her own damn hair.

Afro Goddess says:

SandraRose Tweet:

“Lil Doggie, ain’t rt u doggn chx wen u suk trannies. U rathr B w/ boy lok lke grl, than B w/ grl. Shadup!”

Translation: Shut up lil boy!

Afro Goddess says:

The reality is that there’s nothing wrong wth a Black woman cutting her hair off. Its actually healthier for us to rock our natural hair than to mess with chemicals and pull our hair out with weave.

The only folks who REALLY have a problem with this are 1. old people, 2. Men repressing their homosexuality (see Bow Wow), and 3. Folks who have some narrow-minded, small town mentality.

Black folks, we have got to stop being afraid of ourselves! You don’t have to rock the natural look to love yourself, but if fear guides you away from it, then you have a problem!

Go Solange. Its the first thing I’ve liked about you!

We saw this look all in the 90s with Lauryn Hill, Eryka Badu, and India.Arie, so lets not act brand freakin’ new!