FanMAIL: James Hardy Wants You To Know He Is Not A Woman Beater

NFL star (and beau of Antonia “Toya” Carter) James Hardy writes:

I am shocked and disappointed by people’s efforts to destroy my character. I am a God-fearing man, and I would never place my hands on the mother of my child or my son. In fact, my son has been an inspiration to me and to my accomplishments and I hold deep respect for my former girlfriend for raising my son. As in many relationships, my ex-girlfriend and I had an argument that was blown out of proportion. My ex-girlfriend called the police and I was arrested. As a student athlete, I did not have the money to defend myself in a criminal trial; therefore, I agreed to take part in a six-month diversion program.

As a result, the charges were dismissed and at the hearing on June 13, 2007, my ex-girlfriend recanted her statements and testified that she phoned 911 in an effort to “get at” me for the problems we were having in the relationship at the time. During the time of the incident, our relationship was being affected due to my hectic athletic schedule.This incident took place three years ago when I was a college student at Indiana University.

Currently, I am a professional athlete who realizes that children look up to me and that I have a duty to conduct myself appropriately. As partners in parenting, my ex-girlfriend and I maintain an amicable relationship. I have moved on and am happy with my life. Despite the negative media coverage, I am striving to achieve my maximum potential in life and focus on my career.

The following is a link to an article about the incident that occurred three years ago involving my ex-girlfriend http://newsinfo.iu.edu/news/page/normal/4931.html [scroll to bottom of page].

Sincerely,
James Hardy

Source: DaJuan Watkins

38 Responses to “FanMAIL: James Hardy Wants You To Know He Is Not A Woman Beater”

Daisy says:

I believe you James and I believe what happened to you happens way to often to others as well. God Bless you!

Any woman who lies about rape and domestic violence does a grave diss service to REAL victims dealing with those issues and situations IMO!

Anna says:

The girl in the pic looks young. Once again someone defending themselves to Sandra Rose. I never even heard about this story.

crystal says:

A women scorn will get you everytime

The girl in the picture is Lil Waynes X-wife Antonia “Toya” Carter of the Tiny & Toya show.

Daisy says:

Oh and I forgot to add God Fearing people SIN just like the other heathens :coffee:

Shauny says:

O.K I am a HUGE basketball fan but I’ve never heard of him. Sandra, you didn’t even post a subject (that I saw) about the allegations against him, only his defense letter. What’s up with that? Is he supposed to be Toya’s new man? They’re saying he be Larry Hughsing his women? Can I get more story please?

Also, I know a few men who have records because a woman called 911 saying it was a domestic issue and they couldn’t afford an attorney and ended up copping out to some domestic chit so his story isn’t far fetched.

SHANIASMOMMA says:

they are so FREAKIN cute together! ..he can get get it , majorly ….. :hump:

crystal says:

@Anna Says is seen it on Media fakeout

Anna says:

crystal Says:

A women scorn will get you everytime

~~~~~~~~~
    How in the Hell do you go from James Hardy to Lil Wayne?

SHANIASMOMMA says:

@SHAUNY, HE PLAYS PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL….HE PLAYED BASKETBALL IN COLLEGE

Daisy says:

I wonder if he knows she is still in love with Wayne

I saw this story on another site yesterday as somebody posted earlier

Shauny says:

Anna – James is supposed to be Toya’s current boyfriend.

SHANIASMOMMA says:

@ANNA, PLAY ATTENTION …..JAMES HARDY IS HER BOYFRIEND NOW …SHE WAS MARRIED TO LIL WAYNE PREVIOUSLY !!!!!!!!!!!

Shauny says:

Thanks Shaniasmommy, I thought I was slipping..lol Nice looking fella none the less

crystal says:

@Anna Says ? Do you mean how in the hell you go from Lil Wayne to James Hardy? is that what you meant? because if not, you mention about the girl in the pic and i was just telling you who she is!

crystal says:

@SHANIASMOMMA thank you!

whatdoesitmatter says:

who said something about his past? i don’t even know who he is.

SHANIASMOMMA says:

GIRL !…I AM OVER HERE HAVING LUSTFUL THOUGHTS ABOUT HIM

Anna says:

SHANIASMOMMA Says:

~~~~~~~~~
    See how confused I was. Thanks everybody.

Peachizz says:

Some of us woman are something else….. Well spoken James!!!

iscream says:

Funny he never mentioned Toya once in that letter. I mean she is the reason anyone is even talking about him in the first darn place.

Please wait for the baby moma to release a statement conteracting what he said :coffee:

LadyJustice says:

hes cute. i believe him. him and toya make a cute couple. thank gad shes over lil wayne.

LovelyLady says:

Just because she recanted doesn’t mean he didnt do it. Bishes do it everyday when they think they getting back together.

On the other hand i hope he didnt do it, and he dumb azz is stupid if she lied. He should knocked that ish outta her. In the courts eyes he is as guilty as Chris Brown.

And yall know he aint write that letter, his PR team did.

Kudoos for be a God Fearing man (although the committ sins evryday)

Daisy says:

Ice the story wasn’t about Toya so I’m guessing that’s why he didn’t mention her I don’t think n the court records wld prove she re canted so I don’t think we will be hearing from her unless she is still messy lol

LovelyLady says:

BTW,

I love me some Toya, as long as she keeps her mouth close.

yvonne79 says:

MORNING FAMILY!!!

I :heart: that picture of Method Man. He’s cool with me as long as he doesn’t open his mouth. Those comments he made about Kelis and Nas were ignorant as hell. Sounds like he has beef with his BM.

Wishing James and Toya the best…

Daisy says:

@lovely I saw u on that other lol I don’t think he wld say she re canted if she didn’t he knows she can come out and say check the court records and innocent ppl plead out everyday any lawyer will tell u that ppl choose that route for various reasons

LovelyLady says:

@ Daisy

Dont be snitching lol. But yea I honestly dont think he hit her, just making a point that just because she re canted doesnt mean he didnt actually hit her. I know women who ONLY recant cause they THINK they’re getting back together or from being afraid. But nah id think he hit her (he’s a God fearing man lol)

(Maybe I was tryna start a debate he he)

spongebobfan says:

EW toya looks a young mess in that picture….

iscream says:

@ Yvonne :mad: now see I was going to change it because of those comments. He does look cute doesn’t he. Now I’m conflicted. Because I know if Jay replaces him aint nobody going to say he looks good.

Daisy says:

@lovely I think ppl can recant for that reason as well as they were lying to start with as well

LadyJustice says:

sandra u said he plays in the NBA… but hes in the NFL :rofl:

attorneymom says:

Oh, leave the man alone. Let Chris Rock tell you about love: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fQyz_aecNc

bklynchick says:

They make a cute couple I hope she finds true love and get over wayne

SHANIASMOMMA says:

@LADYJUSTICE…I HAD SENT HER SO MANY EMAILS ASKING HER TO CORRECT IT !..EVEN THOUGH I HAVEN’T HER OF HIM IN THE NFL EITHER …LMAO

@ LadyJustice and SHANIASMOMMA:
    I never said I was perfect. :coffee:

pointhimout says:

#34, you haven’t heard of him in the NFL? now i’m confused; does he play b-ball or f-ball?

ladies does a guy being sexy make the ass whoopin worth it?

pointhimout says:

wow, after reading half way through his letter to SR.

sidebar: SR, what is it about you that makes em all wanna tell you their side of the story?

ok, would they have been even had he stepped off in her ass for this bogus claim? why isn’t there ever any recourse when a woman makes a false claim or report (abuse, rape, etc). The man goes through hell and his life often times is turned upside down. Why does the chick just get to walk away from the ness she stirred up?

Krysi J says:

They are definitely a cute couple. Never mind that other shyt, James it was thoughtful of you to clear things up, but it really wasn’t any of our business in the first place dude. DO YOU!