Kelly Rowland is bigger than Beyonce overseas

Former Destiny’s Child member Kelly Rowland is no longer “living in fear” of self doubt after finding fame and huge success overseas. Kelly, who plays second fiddle to Beyonce here in the states, is a Superstar over in Europe. “I feel empowered – finally!,” Kelly Rowland told USA today in a recent interview.

When you don’t believe in yourself, you feel like you’re living in fear. You don’t give yourself the opportunity to believe that you can. And as much as you tell yourself you can’t do it, you end up not doing it.

Kelly said she is having much more fun now that her music is not restricted by American standards.

I have a new boost of energy. All the creative juices are flowing, and I’m having so much fun in the studio because I’m making dance records. And I’m working with producers who are just as curious about the sound internationally, too.

Here in America, sometimes my music didn’t quite work, but overseas it’s on top of everybody’s chart. I’ve had more international success than domestic success, and I think that opens my eyes up to music. I mean, I just got back from performing in Lebanon. Lebanon! Read more…

25 Responses to “Kelly Rowland is bigger than Beyonce overseas”

Sharonda says:

The overseas market is pretty much more open to music in general.I’m happy for her.

LadyJustice says:

i have some tracks that were intended for her “Ms Kelly” cd that matthew told her he didnt want her to use, those tracks were way better than the garbage he approved for her. “never thought i, flashback, still in love with my ex, and every thought is you” i constanly play those on my ipod :heart:

matthew was afraid that she was gonna outshine his little princess. but thats messed up. glad kelly is havin fun, but i dont like the music that shes doing now =/ quite boring

spongebobfan says:

Gold star for kelly. i heard she did well performing on the miss universe thing… gold star.

lmao @ title of blog…. only in her dreams ms rose….

Charles says:

No one checking for bey overseas no one is here for her!

Only the local hoodrats and fags in the USA are bey fans/stans

And that’s the truth

KayCeiSoul says:

Look at Lil’ Donna Summer!

I am so glad that Kelly is getting hers in. It’s about time! Pretty girl, beautiful voice, and a sweet personality. I’m happy for you Kells.

LadyJustice says:

charles im not a fag or a hoodrat and i love me some beyonce :D

mizzdallas says:

@kayceisoul

she could play donna summers, with some extensive acting lessons!

well Im happy for her, the europeans like her and her music and thats all that matters is that she is happy, personally I only like her in DC, as solo artist she is quite boring jmo

and kelly is bigger then beyonce in europe if she wasnt she would have never received the top spot for her first single

MUNCHOSGIRL says:

SANDRA, STOP IT KELLY IS NOT BIGGER THAN BEYONCE IN EUROPE. SHE HAD A GREAT SUCCESS WITH THE SINGLE WITH DAVID GUETTA, BUT LETS NOT GET CARRIED AWAY. OH YEAH BEYONCE WAS JUST NAMED “WOMAN OF THE YEAR” BY BILLBOARD. I LIKE KELLY AND ALL BUT JUST STOP.

CHARLES I AM NEITHER A HOODRAT NOR HOMOSEXUAL.

jazi65 says:

Kudos for kelly!

akiey says:

I’m not a Beyonce fan but Kelly better put that pipe down…fast! Just like Munchosgirl stated above, the international market is very open-minded and critics do not tear artists apart but rather evaluate one’s body of work…which Kelly has very little to show for.

Hope she understands they’re just being kind to her like they would be to anybody but bigger than Beyonce abroad? Ha! Tell me another one.

Krysi J says:

Yeah KELLY!! Thats what im tom bout gurl, do YOUR own thang on deez industry chicks.

MUNCHOSGIRL says:

AKIEY DON’T PENALIZE KELLY FOR SANDRA FOOLISHNESS(BIATCHNESS)THAT IS SANDRA’S WORDS NOT KELLY’S, AS FAR AS KELLY BEING BIGGER IN EUROPE THAN BEYONCE. I AM GLAD SHE FOUND MORE SELF CONFIDENCE THOUGH.

SANDRA IF KELLY IS SO BIG DO YOU THINK SHE COULD TOUR OVER THERE AND SELL OUT THE O2 ARENA BACK TO BACK LIKE BEYONCE DID?

melinla says:

it’s not just the musical standards they have different standards of beauty overseas also…

mizzdallas says:

do people get paid to stan..? cuz if its a beyonce post involve somebody is poppin up Im just sayin

KayCeiSoul says:

ROTFLMAO @mizzdallas. Priceless.

MUNCHOSGIRL says:

TYPE WHAT YOU MEAN MIZZDALLAS. YOU ARE RIGHT I ONLY POP UP IN TOPICS THAT INTEREST ME. LIKE I SAID KELLY IS COOL AND ALL BUT SHE ISN’T BIGGER THAN BEYONCE IN EUROPE, THAT’S A FACT. I AM A FAN FOR FREE, NOT A STAN BOO.

starr says:

I thought i was the only one with the ms. kelly album….and i luved it. I love Kelly. In fact, i liked all the gurls cept beyawnce…michelle and kells seems real and down to to earth. Bey……well…..

Daisy says:

:rofl: @Mizz

Anybody see/read clips from Kellys interview talking about men and how she feels she doesnt make good choices in men cause she didn’t have her father growing up? I thought she moved in with Papa and Mama knowles when she was 9 and he was/is her father figure???

pinky2083 says:

That was funny Mizz…

I am a Bey fan but I’m happy for Kelly. Not really a fan of that song she has out now though.

PAHairston says:

Hello All. For what it’s worth, I thought she was always the prettiest member of Destiny’s Child. She seems so natural and down-to-earth, unlike fake ass B.

katgirl33 says:

Good for Kelly!

terika83 says:

I mean, good for her…but in the same breath I wanna say “Kelly Sit DOWN!”….stop using Beyonce’ as an excuse. She couldn’t do anything over here cause look at who her management was. Branch out and do you. I feel like she keeps herself in that bubble in the states…and no I’m not a Bey stan (far from it actually) I just think it’s weak for her to leave her country to feel like she is somebody…please.

Krysi J says:

Well Terika, what else should she do sit around under somebody eles’ shadow, i mean it really ain her fault that her so called “manager” whom she had been working with since childhood naturally forced his daughter down America’s throat and didn’t use the same strategy for his other artists success??!!

Deep Thoughts says:

Smart move Kelly you always live American Blacks alone they are so confused with low standards that they don’t count go where you can be free.

Sweet Mango says: