Rhapsody.com Ad – Jay Z Recreates His Album Covers

This is genius! I can’t hate on Jay Z for making this commercial that creatively — and seemingly effortlessly – recreates all of his album covers. Here’s a tip: watch the ad with the volume on mute.

As I told you earlier, Jay Z’s Blueprint 3 can be heard in it’s entirety tomorrow on Rhapsody.com and MTV.com.

Source

20 Responses to “Rhapsody.com Ad – Jay Z Recreates His Album Covers”

Charles says:

Mmm can’t see the vid still finding it hard to care

aqtpie says:

Not that I was going to buy it but I honestly forgot about him dropping an album tomorrow until I read it on here.

Krysi J says:

so the hell what, why are you posting all dis shyt about this dude….nobody the fukk cares.

mizzdallas says:

so sandra that means your a camel & beyaki fan you been posting ish we dont give a phuck about… geez louise

aqtpie says:

Oops I meant the 11th but he should be paying Sandra for advertising.

iscream says:

:rofl: @ Krysi

Sandra,

Can the next post be of the check he cut you for all this promo….

I mean seriously.

2thick4u says:

I love this comemercial…will watch again :) !!

Nina says:

Co-sign with 7 & 8, this was very smooth. I had it on mute per Sandra’s suggestion lol.

LadyJustice says:

6 JAYZ posts in one day. girl u on a roll today

candycane says:

I saw Jay on Real Time with Bill Maher. I cant recall ever seeing a non-music show interview with him.

First off, he looked really good – youthful anyway

Kinda skinny and nervous. It was weird seeing him nervous when he has so much confidence in his music.

He didnt talk that much, Bill had to almost pull answers out of him, he kept saying yes or no.

Bill said he was a big fan and gave Jay a LARGE library dictionary sized book of all of Jays rhymes since the beginning. VERY NICE!

iscream says:

:offtopic:

From RWS website…

According to

The Atlanta Journal and Constitution and Tameka’s NEW lawyers, her divorce is far from finalized, as has been widely reported. Pre-nup be damned.

Tommykimon says:

That was hot. I love the concept.

MUNCHOSGIRL says:

CANDYCANE, WHAT INTERVIEW DID YOU WATCH? HE GAVE ANSWERS TO ALL QUESTIONS IN A TIMELY FASHION. BILL MAHER CURSES MORE THAN JAY DOES IN HIS RAPS. I THOUGHT IT WAS FUNNY HE GAVE JAY A BOOK WITH NOTHING ON THE PAGES.SUPPOSING TO BE ALL THE RAPS HE HAS EVER WRITTEN, BECAUSE JAY DOESN’T WRITE HIS RHYMES. I ENJOYED THE INTERVIEW VERY MUCH. I LOVE HOW HE EXPLAINED HOW HAS EVOLVED INTO THE MAN HE IS WHEN IT COMES TO HIS REALTIONSHIP WITH HIS WIFE.

candycane says:

^^ I apparently watched the same interview you did. I just felt he was kinda nervous with his responses and Bill had to ask more questions to get an answer.

Bill: So you like to rap? (not the real question, just saying for effect)

Jay: yes (pause)

Bill: Why do you like to rap?

I just figured Jay would be more talkative. And like I said he seemed nervous, giving that nervous giggle when you dont know what to say. Still like the interview, just an observation – not what I expected from a rapper on his level or a business man either.

2thick4u says:

The Bill Maher interview was very refreshing. He seemed laid back ready for whatever. Nice that he didn’t talk about Beyonce nor the new album :) !!!

I noticed the blank pages also on the book…hilarious :)

masonmom says:

i heard jigga’s album and im not impressed! ill have to pass. i do however, enjoy trey songS album. it reminds me of r. kelly! kells where u at dude..im waiting….

MUNCHOSGIRL says:

WELL CANDYCANE I’LL JUST LET YOU HAVE YOUR OPINION. THE INTERVIEW WAS NICE BUT BILL DID HAVE QUITE A FEW JOKES THROWN IN THERE. LIKE WHEN HE MADE THE COMMENT ABOUT JESUS AND JAY BACKED HIS CHAIR UP AND LOOKED TO THE SKY. MAYBE IT’S JAY’S WIT YOU AREN’T USED TO. I HAVE SEEN QUITE A FEW INTERVIEWS AND THIS ONE WAS ONE OF THE BETTER ONES, AS FAR A PRESENTATION, AND HONESTY IN ANSWERS.

candycane says:

*************

You know what?????

I watched it again, and it wasnt what I thought. I could see why you would say what interview.

He did answer regular, I guess it was when he was …… shoot I’on know. It was definitely my medication. That early morning toke sometimes is no joke ……(insert confused smilie)

tbrown says:

I love this commercial. Very creative.

@ candycane, you let MUNCHO change your opinion/perception of Jay’s interview with Maher?

He did seem a bit hesitant in regards to some of the questions. It is understandable that even a mega talented star/celebrity like JayZ can be a little nervous about interviews or at the very minimum apprehensive.

@ 2 thick 4 U,

Why is it nice that he didn’t talk about his wife? How is that ‘nice’? There’s a way to talk about one’s loved ones and still be respectful of them. Maybe that’s why I felt he hedged a bit here and there because maybe he anticipated questions about his marriage, his wife, etc.

No disrespect meant to anyone. Just reading everyone’s comments. Loved the commercial and I watched it on mute, too. :)

@ MUNCHO,

Are you close to JayZ? Related to him or work for him? I’m being sincere here because your answers read as if you know him personally, inside and out. LOL. Seriously, let us know. Are you and Sean Carter kinfolk? ;)