Essence Atkins Marries Dude She Met On Match.com

Actress Essence Atkins joins a slew of Hollywood celebrities who tied the knot this weekend. Essence met her husband Jaime Mendez on the Internet dating site Match.com. The two tied the knot at the Ambassador Mansion and Gardens in Pasadena, California on Saturday.

Essence says his rugged good looks in his profile pic is what drew her to him. “I wrote him a quick little note that I had read his profile, and then I signed off, Happy SAD Day – that’s Single Awareness Day,” says Essence, 37, Essence tells People.com.

Now see, all this time I thought she was a lesbun. How desperate do you have to be to look for a husband on the Internet? Essence always did come across as a LSLH version of a dumb blond. Good look to both of them.

36 Responses to “Essence Atkins Marries Dude She Met On Match.com”

Krysi J says:

I hope she don’t end up like that lady who was married to the canadian off of “Meagan wants a Millionaire” ..

Im just saying

toosexy says:

Internet dating does not make one desperate…however sleeping with a married man does….

attorneymom says:

So, what is the problem?? Blank Stare.

Anna says:

attorneymom Says:

So, what is the problem?? Blank Stare.
    ~~~~~~~~
    There is no prob unless she only picked him for his looks. Looks fade(sometimes) Chilli will be Forever 21.

anti-PC says:

Congrats to Essence!

I read about this on TMZ last week and I am very happy for her.

The Divine Ms. K says:

lol – Sandra, fall back.

You just had to throw in the LSLH dig at her. Why, oh WHY and WHAT does that have to do with anything? :lol: Issues, man, issues…

Looking for a husband online does not make you desperate, anymore than looking for one at a club or in the grocery store as all these magazines tell women to do. The internet is just another place to meet folks.

My sis and her hubby met online and have been happily married for several years.

Anyone who has a close female friend, Sandra, you try to recruit them over the lesbian side.

Congrats Essence!

ELove says:

Ms. Sandra SAID:

PHUCKING HILARIOUS :rofl:

ELove says:

And the justifications FOR internet-dating to meet your FUTURE MATE (Husband or Wife) … It’s LIKE test-tube babies AND genetic-engineering human beings to me !!!

IS IT REALLY NECESSARY !!!!!

browni007 says:

My girlfried married a man on match. She’s a doctor and doesnt socialize too much so she turned to the internet. He’s in finance and they are happy – Not my choice but to each his own!

kwall says:

congrats.

Smokie says:

Women can’t win for losing. ~sigh~

“How desperate do you have to be to look for a husband on the Internet?”
    _____

Maybe if more women applied this approach they wouldn’t waste time on all the computer illiterate trash that’s out there. PEOPLE are actually on the other side of these PCs. The pickings are slim. If Essense wanted to weed out the bs from the real deal, and she found a good man who probably didn’t even live in her city then BRAVO and CONGRATS to her.

Krysi J says:

I hope she got a background check on this nicCah…and why the hell would Essence Atkins be on Match.com again??

Dhoward1913 says:

I don’t think internet dating makes you desperate. There are woman who hang in clubs, around army bases and places of the sort to marry. Hell, I met a dude from Essence.com, doesn’t mean I am desperate. Hell, I’m thought about trying it too.

kcicero says:

Congrats to Essence! Sandra do you live by the theory that every is or has gay tendencies? lol

My first encounter with hubby was on the net but I don’t know if that counts since we went to the same college :coffee:

KaraZ says:

She’s 37? I thought she was younger. Congratulations to her, she’s legal vs. being a vessel that was just spermed up.

The Divine Ms. K says:

lol @ KaraZ – so true.

pinky2083 says:

I’m happy for her. Not desperate, just prob tired of the hollywood scene and wanted to meet a real person.

I really think there has to be some truth to those sites matching you up with people who would be a good mate for you. When I was single I did go on one of them and they asked me about 200 questions. They match you up with people that answered them like you did. I found my sweetie shortly after that so I never checked the results..

Shauny says:

Congrats to Essence. I don’t have a problem with Internet dating either if that’s her thing, it worked for her. To each it’s own

SunnyPA says:

Congrats to Essence.

I’m glad he didn’t turn out to be one of those nigerian dating scammers who use pics of hot men to lure single, lonely, horny women. Don’t get me wrong …I’ve only heard the tales …

SunnyPA says:

I guess I’ll be switching my online dating membership.

Seriously, I don’t think online dating is desperate. It just widens the dating range.

Daisy says:

I can’t do online dating but Congrats to Essence!

ELove says:

Tales from a Household with No Internet:

GD = Grand Daughter who happens to be 29 years old
    GM & GF = Grand Mother and Grand Father

GD: Hey y’all I want you to meet by FIANCE
    GM: Y’all just got ENGAGED (How lovely-n-wonderful)
    GF: How did y’all meet each other & How long ago

GD: We met over the internet 2 weeks ago
    GF: What do you mean by ‘Over the Internet’

GD: You know … thru a On-line Dating Service
    GM: Know I DON’T KNOW… On-line Dating what ???
    GF: I HEARD something about those things (R they Safe???)

GD: OF COURSE They are… WHY would you ask such a question
    GF: Well U are ENGAGED to someone you just met 2 weeks ago
    GM: That don’t even sound right… 2 WEEKS to get Engaged

GD: This is a new day and age… Happiness IS Happiness
    GF: Is getting to know each better OUT OF STYLE also :shrug:
    GM: Do you really believe that 2 weeks is sufficient time

GD: Y’all will never understand… It’s 2009 already
    GF: Well I’m GLAD I’m not a youngin in 2009 then – LMAO
    GM: Me Too Big-Poppa … Y’all can have THAT INTERNET

spongebobfan says:

internet dating is fine…it was so so like 10 yrs ago but its acceptable fine….those sites charge a grip (or so i read lol) so its good to see some of them really matching up…

Hermosa says:

He’s a handsome old man…

spongebobfan says:

Whats really good with Tyson Beckford? Obama really? SMH

Black Bauer says:

He looks like he could be Shemar Moore’s daddy………..

iscream says:

What a mean thing to say Sandra. I wonder where you meet your mates at? I wonder the last time you went on a date?

As some of you know I don’t think there is anything wrong with finding a mate online. In a day when the internet is as huge as it is how could one find a problem with finding your mate online. In the next few years that’ll probably be the way to go.

If me and my man for whatever reason don’t work out (goodness forbid). Internet dating would be a rte that I would go. Not only because I’m not into the club scene but because I’m not a social person like that. Plus I believe love can be found anywhere. I know of people who have meet, and got married off of internet dating.

You are so confusing to me. Meeting her HUSBAND on line is desperate but at the same time you shyt on women with no husband.

CONGRATS ESSENCE!!!!!

Sandra I reported this weeks ago in your comments section.

ldorisca says:

I met my husband on Craigslist 2 years ago and we have happily been married for over a year now.

free says:

i ain’t mad at her. my mom is talking to some old man on the net. she has a new attitude now–a lil pep in her step. to each his own. same as meeting him at a gas station, home depot, or club. the difference is just that you get to see him in person. i pen-pal’d with a guy in the navy (during the gulf war) for 2 years before i met him. we dated for 6 years after that.

LadyJustice says:

aww congrats to them!!

intensemocha says:

WHO CARES HOW THEY MET-I’M CERTAIN AT LEAST THEY HAD MORE THAN A MONTH COURTSHIP

SO WHAT?????????

BUT THE MEDIA WANTS TO SHOVE KHLOE AND HER LAMAR DOWN OUR DAMN THROATS TRYING TO CONVINCE US THEY SHIAT IS REAL TOO

HELL IF THERE’S CAN BE “TRUE LOVE” AFTER A MONTH WHY CAN’T THEIRS

CONGRATS TO THE COUPLE!

WHITE LOVE IS SO RIGHT BUT WHEN IT COMES TO BLACK WOMEN & LOVE IT HAS TO BE SOMETHING WRONG WITH IT

rochele08 says:

..cute couple, congrats to them

aqtpie says:

Congratulations to them!!

miamore73 says:

As long as she’s happy who really cares how she met him. However, I hope she stays happy and he doesn’t turn out to be some type of lunatic drug crazed lunatic.

How long did she date him before they were married?

tintin says:

you know i never knew she was that old. she looks damn good.