Celebrity turntablist DJ AM checked out of this world last Friday by swallowing a handful of narcotic painkillers, according to a law enforcement source.
The source told People magazine that the popular DJ, real name Adam Goldstein, had one OxyContin pill still in his mouth when his body was found by police around 5 p.m. Friday in his SoHo walk up.
An empty bottle of prescription OxyContin was found nearby. Crack cocaine and drug paraphernalia were found strewn about his body.
According to an autopsy conducted Saturday, eight partially digested and undigested Oxycontin pills were found in his stomach.
"He wanted to die," the source said. "He was going unconscious when he took the last one. He didn't even swallow it."
The source said Goldstein "smoked a lot of crack, barricaded the doors and killed himself." Read more...