Mariah Carey’s Album Flops

Poor Mariah Carey. Her latest album flopped miserably on the charts bowing at #3 with a meager 173k units sold. Yes, that is the faaa-bulous B. Scott of Love B. Scott blog on the right with a head full of luxurious weave!

Island/IDJ’s Mariah Carey bowed at #3 with 173k, many were surprised the album didn’t generate a far bigger number given its two successful radio tracks and Carey’s TV blitzkrieg, leaving the pundits to ponder where the disconnect is. But will these hit singles and heavy spins enable the album to build momentum as the holidays approach? That question leads to another: which of the above releases will have the legs to carry them through the next three months?… Source

Photo: Wireimage/Getty

54 Responses to “Mariah Carey’s Album Flops”

pinky2083 says:

Love Mariah but don’t love this Album.

The released singles are the best tracks.

attorneymom says:

Good. She and the home wrecker are so overrated.

iscream says:

That woman next to MiMi has the chest of a man.

LovelyLady says:

Mariah has already marked her spot in the game, she doesnt need to prove anything :coffee:

Divinebrown says:

I LOVE ME SOME B.SCOTT!!!!

I didnt buy Mariah’s cd….

But, B. is killing this pic.

mizzdallas says:

This is NO surprise! I knew her album was gonna FLOP but it seems like she doesnt care in which she shouldnt she have already accomplished sooo much My fave album “Butterfly”

eastpointvet says:

yeah thats a flop for mariah

2thick4u says:

Aww…I love Mariah and her music.

I hope that she can get a #1 on Itunes :) !!!!

Love B. Scott and that hair…he owns it…hell I thought it was his!!!

Hey B.Scott! <3 u *waves*

Im not feeling this CD, everytime i hear Obsessed on the radio i change the channel, its SOOOO ANNOYING

But i do love her and Nick together :heart: also…. i heard she is pregnant, again.

Shauny says:

nodding in agreement with Lovelylady

Don’t worry about it MiMi. She looks hella happy with her hubby and that’s better than any record sales.

attorneymom says:

Why didn’t your azzes tell me about The Game? This show is great. I am trying to OD on this show today. BET has The Game marathon going on today.

Nina says:

@Ice – you do know that B. Scott is a man right?

I heard the cd this weekend…its just average to me. I will play it, but its not the banger I’m use to from MC.

aqtpie says:

I love me some Mariah!!!

Divinebrown says:

ISC…. :rofl:

B.Scott is a man….and he will tell you, I have a penis and occassionally I use it!

That’s my dude.

Alana says:

I actually like the album, however I didn’t buy my copy. You know its a recession and all….lol

@AttorneyMom
    Mizz posted it in the comments a few days ago. but i heard that they might not have the same actors/actresses. the old contracts are null and void, so they have to create new ones and probably for less money. I HOPE THEY ALL COME BACK!!!! THAT AINT DERWIN BABY!

ELove says:

Please, Mariah is sitting on SO MUCH F-ing MONEY …
    The last thing she’s caring about is album sales

And that DUDE-GUY next to her probably got chicks STR8-Shook as far as standing next to him taking pics EXCEPT FOR Mariah :lol:

@isc
    i just saw your comment about the link, but i see you got it fixed. is that your book???? sounds like its gonna be good, imma get it maybe i can read it on my vacation coming up. GO GIRL

Daisy says:

LJ its also a matter of Derwin n others having new contracts with other shows n this recession they will take what BET offers unless they are still under a better contract

I don’t even have the energy to stan for MC for my sister who is a diehard MC FAN n as I’ve said before I have a niece named Mariah to prove it and of course she loves the new cd!

MC had some HITS n her day and I :pray: she has a baby since that is what she says she wants

iyonah says:

I didn’t even know it dropped … MiMi I have your #1’s, Butterfly and some of my all time fav songs are by you … obsessed irks me too @laydee and I don’t even listen to radio like that.

iscream says:

YAY I’M OUTTA CAPTIVITY. :cheer1:

Thanks Sandra.

:rofl: at myself. No I did not know that was a man. I am die laughing.

Yes that’s my book. Its finally available. Please help me get it out there. Its hard to self promote yourself so if anyone has any suggestions I’m open to them.

attorneymom says:

My hair stylist cut the hell ot of my hair. I am trying to post the video on my blog. She is truly a miracle worker.

Daisy says:

Ice just let us know when the book comes out n where we can get our copy please n thank you

Isc u better get on twitter and follow alot of people then @reply the link to them

or u can do a twitter search for books, and whoever is talkin about books u can @reply the link and say “HEY CHECK OUT THIS SUPER AMAZING BOOK” then BAM (nene) good luck though :D

daisy click on her name thats the link to the book. i thought that site was amazon.com but its not

iscream says:

Yes daisy you can click on my name and be taken to the site. LJ the site is apart of Amazon. The book can also be found thru amazon search.

Thanks for the idea LJ I will get a twitter account.

ELove says:

@LJ… Like the BAM !!! :lol:

Krysi J says:

-dude from “INdependence Day” who got kidnapped by Aliens

“aint I been saying it, I’ve been sayin’ it”

I told Jermaine to switch it up, let somebody else finish Mariah out….I think we’ve had enough of the hoop ballads, get on some polow da don type she MC! I know dem MF read this blog, when fans are sitting on here day after day telling you what they will cop and won’t cop…yall drop the shyt anyways……what? I guess u let people like Sandra make you think we “to BROKE and UNEDUCATED” to buy CDs *I read that Trey shyt* Don’t believe the stereotypes….we buy shyt just like everybody else when da fukk we want to…

Krysi J says:

*hood ballads*

iscream says:

Okay I just got a twitter account.. smh I feel so wrong, lol.

user name is iscream27

ggouch says:

@ Attorneymom. I have heard you mention your stylist’s talents before. Do you care to share their information? If so I am most interested. I have recently as in since the beginning of spring stopped getting relaxers. My hair has returned to it’s natural state. I am looking for a stylist that promotes healthy hair, has the ability to promote growing hair and can style their azzes off as well. I am tired of not finding ALL traits in 1 person.

@ DivineBrown: Yes loving B. Scott’s beautiful flowing locks. I would love to know if she is a fan of Indian Remy and if not, what brand she uses.

flyqtnva says:

LovelyLady
    said it all & THANKS

Daisy says:

Going to look for ice on twitter lol

lovejoy1 says:

almost selling 200k units is a flock? wow.. what do you call it when an artist sell less than 20k?

im looking for u too! lol u have to update your status so me and daisy can add u from our crackberries

Daisy says:

Isc what is your email can’t find you on twitter

attorneymom says:

Aisha – Saveyonce Hair Studio (404) 468-4498. She is in Atlanta off of Rosewell Road. The girl is bad. She has growing hands.

iscream says:

LJ I clicked on your name I think I’m following you. I’m so lost in this twitter world.

ggouch says:

@ attorneymom!!! Thank you!!! got her locked in the BB and will be hitting her up Tuesday or Wednesday. Will she know you by your screen name when I let her know who refered me?

licia says:

i like mariah’s new album, but i’m not in love with it . i’m a huge fan of hers and i know she can do better . number 3 isn’t bad . people are just shocked that an artist of mariah’s caliber shouldn’t be that low and i somewhat i agree. like everyone else said she probably doesn’t care . she got cash for days . she’s doing movies, selling perfume and she has the ability to write songs. for other people if she chooses.

i love B scott with his beautiful self .

shunda says:

I love, love, love B. Scott. He is so fabulous and beautiful. Mariah gets on my nerves she only wants to be mixed when she needs a rapper on her album.

Divinebrown says:

@ggouch…I can’t tell!

My friend had this remy that came in a box once….that hair was so fly!! I need to get the brand from her. I have friends buying hair by the ounce that they keep for years that they just love.

yvonne79 says:

Can someone tell me who’s B Scott beautician is? Are they in Atlanta?

attorneymom says:

My name is Shwana. That is my sista for life. She is a miracle worker.

kwall says:

still stans for mimi. i am officially one of her lambs.

i still got the album the day it came out. as always. just like i have since 1990.

however this one is on my do not like list….

and honestly sandra this chick got enough number one hits to last a lifetime….

yvonne79 says:

Mimi should just stick to the formula she had on “Emancipation of Mimi” and “Butterfly”. Those are the only TWO albums of hers (maybe #1s) that I can keep on repeat all day long. This new album just leaves something to be desired. It’s like she put some ish together to meet a deadline and said “give the fans this”. Well, you can have mine back!

ggouch says:

@ Divinebrown
    years ago I bought a brand of hair (I want to say it was Remy) that was supposed to be top of the line. ALL THE STARS ARE WEARING THIS” the guy said. He was like, ” girl, this is the best hair to have” I mean his sale pitch was on point.
    His Pitch coupled with the pretty packaging of the hair in this red velveteen, gold embossed box tied with a satin ribbon and this glossy, two handle, flat-bottomed bag..I was sold!!!
    Divine, when I had my stylist put it in on a rainy Friday. By sunny Saturday that crap was matted tangled and a complete disaster. I had enough money left to buy a scrungy to put my hair in a ponytail

ggouch says:

Thank you Attorney mom!

Daisy says:

Shunda MC always said she was mixed that is a big misconception regarding her career from day one she always said she wanted to sing after going to church with her BLACK gma. MC has been hood since she was FREE from Tommy n she has never looked back. The label may not have let her yell it from the mtn top but she looks mixed n she claimed it interviews so that is good enough for me.

MC get slayed for not being blk enough

Amber gets it cause she trying to pass lol

licia says:

daisy i agree with all of that .

pointhimout says:

that’s love muffin B. Scott. His clips are hilarious, especially the answer vid he did to that spectacular ness.

shunda says:

Daisy you my girl but you are contradicting your self. You are correct that shge did not say she was mixed until she was free from Tommy. I said she gets on my nerves with that I am black enough when I need a rapper. I am not at all doubting her talent. That trash Amber Rose just opened her legs to Kanye and became famous.

attorneymom says:

@ggouch, I will have to holla at you about assisting me with my administrative needs of my companies.

PAGESINADIARY says:

i bought the cd, its not my favorite, i love the last 2 but i do still like the latest cd. listened to it on the way in to work this morning.