Actor Danny Glover Blasts Obama

Actor Danny Glover did not mince words on what he thinks of US President Barack Obama in a recent interview. The highly regarded actor who received critical acclaim for his role in The Color Purple, said he didn’t see any difference between the agendas of the previous White House occupant, George Bush, and the current president.

“I think the Obama administration has followed the same playbook, to a large extent, almost verbatim, as the Bush administration. I don’t see anything different,” the activist movie actor said of Obama’s policies in Iraq, Afghanistan, and the Middle East. “On the domestic side, look here: What’s so clear is that this country from the outset is projecting the interests of wealth and property. Look at the bailout of Wall Street. Why not the bailout of Main Street?”

Glover is among a growing chorus of African-American opinion leaders who are publicly and privately expressing varying degrees of resignation, disappointment, and outright anger concerning a presidency on which so many hopes have ridden. Read More…

Of course, Obama dismissed the criticism, saying it would be wrong for him to narrowly focus on the troubles blacks face in the recession because he is the president of the entire United States and not just president of a small minority.

It’s funny Obama said that because we here at Sandrarose.com pointed out that very same standoffishness between the Obama campaign and the black community right from the beginning.

Obama pretty much avoided campaigning in black communities during his historic run for president, and at the time blacks had no problems with that. So why have a problem with it now that Obama continues to turn a deaf ear to the needs of blacks?

Obama, in his extreme arrogance, knew that he already had the black vote locked in and therefore he did not have to work for it.

Nothing has changed. Obama did not campaign as a black presidential hopeful so why expect him to act like a black president who cares about the needs of his people?

How does that Kool aid taste now?

77 Responses to “Actor Danny Glover Blasts Obama”

missy says:

How does that Kool aid taste now?

:lolol:

Morning all :coffee:

sharnell says:

Sandra, I can’t believe I’m even typing this, but for the first time I agree with your comments on this Obama post. No one complained when he showed pics of his family and only predominately showed his mother side. Now, I say that and for good reason. His father was not a strong figure in his life. He identified with his mother’s family as the individual’s who gave him love and security. This is not his fault, blame his father. But, with that said, he always made it clear he was NOT RUNNING AS A BLACK MAN. He was running as a man who happen to be BLACK!

Daisy says:

Morning,

President Obama did campaign in black communities.

My water still taste just fine! :cheer:

That is all

*exists stage left*

:cheer:

Christmas Eve is tomorrow :dance:

@Daisy did Natalie have a choice to keep Portia?

SunnyPA says:

He played the race card when it suited him during the campaign.

ldorisca says:

What exactly are the “needs” of the black community?

CivilEngineer says:

What do you expect him to do for us? Obviously, government help only aids in our demise (see welfare). Morning Fam!

j.c. says:

Good morning all. ontopic, eh whatever. :offtopic: missy, i’m soooo hooked on bgc now. i liked portia and just like natalie got to stay, she should have been able to stay too!

kwall says:

can we get a post about the crazy bish who made a threat against the first lady? instead of danny glover and his ole “mista” looking azz and his views?

thanks.

@j.c. girl you addicted :snort: to BGC like me now

I agree with you .. Portia told those heffa everything i wanted to tell them and she went out with a bang :shotsfired:

I’m so tired of sheep and Jay leno…..Jay leno know Portia would give her a next combo on that face..

ReadTheBlog says:

Morning all :coffee:

Q_ATLANTIS says:

normally i am a kool-aid drinker :koolaid3:

but i can name 2 things Obama did differently than Bush and thats making Christmas Eve a federal holiday! another thing he did differently was the amount of our annual raises. Bush gave military and civilians a bigger bonus than Obama is!

but at least the government hasnt started laying people off and freezing all promotions. :danban1:

Daisy says:

@Missy I don’t think they gave Natalie a say so in Portia going home or not and yes she went out with a BANG :lol:

j.c. says:

missy, i cannot stand kendra. i wish portia would have two pieced her too! she is so weak minded. she will never have nothing in life being that way. she’ll be one of those women that marries a rich man and he cheats constantly and beats her but she won’t leave because “he takes care of me!”

j.c. Says:

:preach: Don’t worry flo checked her …(i saw this in the preview) Flo blew smoke in her face and Sheep slapped flo and flo re-arranged her cigarette and pushed sheep to the ground (that was the funniest ish i’ve seen :rofl: )

@Daisy oh okay I still don’t think its fair Portia went home but …Oh well

PAHairston says:

Good morning all, because of Sandra’s anti-Obama stance, I’d made up my mind never to post here again but here I am, I just can’t resist. I’ve been an Obama fan since day one but I’m very disappointed in him for not bringing our troops home. In 2001, we should have invaded Afghanistan and NOT Iraq, which has never been a threat to the U.S. We should have gone after Bin Laden with everything we have. Now, there’s no telling where he is and more of our young soldiers will die for nothing. Anyway, glad to be back among the family. Merry Christmas to all and may God bless America, STILL the greatest country in the world. Peace.

SanfiPolemikos says:

I’m not sure what to think about Danny Glover’s intentions here. I know he’s very politically active but he has also been one of the few black celebrities to have attended the Bohemian Grove. I’ve always been a bit skeptical of him since I found that out.

Anyway I think we’ll only start to see an increasing number of black leaders and celebrities come out with their disapproval of the Obama administration in 2010.

I was just listening to Steve Harvey interviewing Obama this morning. That is all Obama needs to do to stay on our good side. Come on one our radio shows every once in a blue moon, stroke the host’s ego and its politics as usual. He was on there pumping the H1N1 vaccine propaganda.

mizzdallas says:

If you’re a registered voter and you voted for this man you can state your opinion you may not like it or agree with it but it’s an opinion just like yours… POW!

mirsmommy says:

*waving at my BGC peeps, and my SR Fam*

:rofl: Portia hopped all over Natalie and that Sliding Board Chin of hers. Don’t ever, ever, ever talk about a mother’s parenting!!!!! Natalie learned that ish first hand. :lol: They should have let Portia stay, but then again, Portia woulda prolly hopped on that a** again.

jah says:

kneegrows need to hush up about obama paying def ears to their needs, cuz when he was running very few of us took him to task, and those of us who did were accused of being crabs in a barrel.

what group of people can give almost 100% of their votes to a candidate and expect nothing back? even in afrika were they are 99% black folks, indiviual group of people will back a candidate who they think will be responsive to their needs, yet black folks said it didn’t matter if obama was responsive to their needs, cuz they had something to prove to massa…this is why 200 years from now we’ll still be in the same position socio-economically.

j.c. says:

the one thing i hated was……..portia should have put that hair in a ponytail before going in. but i know she wasn’t thinking about that.

mirsmommy Says:

*waving at my BGC peeps, and my SR Fam*

*waves back* @fellow BGC peep

If Portia had stayed i think Flo probably would have joined the fight and we all know sheep can’t help jay leno soooo..I think Jay leno would have gotten a beat down of her life… I’m in such a good mood today .. :cheer:

mirsmommy says:

j.c. Says:

__________________________________________________

:cosign: I was :rofl: when Portia was joggin through the house lookin for that b*tch. Did you hear her say “Sorry” to “Barbie”, or was it Amber, when she bust up in the room?

And Annie is a friggin Airhead, man. She just don’t need to ever open her mouth. :nono:

mirsmommy says:

missy Says:

mirsmommy Says:

*waving at my BGC peeps, and my SR Fam*

Portia hopped all over Natalie and that Sliding Board Chin of hers. Don’t ever, ever, ever talk about a mother’s parenting!!!!! Natalie learned that ish first hand. They should have let Portia stay, but then again, Portia woulda prolly hopped on that a** again.

*waves back* @fellow BGC peep

____________________________________________________

I agree. Kendra is indeed a weak a** b*tch, man. She so worried about becoming Jay Leno’s offspring’s gold-diggin sidekick, that she don’t know what to do.

jah says:

years of psychologically damage has left the collective group of people called afrikan american so messed up that sub-CONsciously many saw the SELECTION of obama by the elites as “look what we can do massa”, when in actually obama’s SELECTION was meant to be very strategic for american GLOBAL interest.

obama is more white than he is black, and it doesn’t matter that he lived on the south side of chicago in GOOD NEIGHBORHOOD, as a community organizer, he identifies more with his whtie side.

missy says:

But the funniest piece of the episode was when Potia was all over the house looking for Crimson chin ((c)Coarentained)

j.c. says:

she almost fell she was trying to get to her so hard!

mistarie says:

I won’t even go here this morning. I will just say that I DID vote for Obama and my kool-aid turned bitter a long time ago. Morning ya’ll. :danban1:

mirsmommy Says:

_____________________________________________–

That is why when Portia told sheep off in the limo I was like *thank you* :claps:

Chgoprime says:

Thats not true. I’m proud to say that I live less than a mile from President Obama and he was ALWAYS campaigning in the hood.

pyt305 says:

Good morning :coffee:

On Bad Girls Club: I think the fight was fair although I do wish Portia wouldve whopped azz, Natalie flipped her twice and got her licks in…Had natalie been barefoot and standing things wouldve been very different… Kendra is lame and so is her weave

On topic: Danny is entiteled to opinion…just becuz we dont agree doesnt mean we are koolaid drinkers

pyt305 says:

O yea can’t wait till Flo goes incredible hulk on Amber :) I hate amber lol

mirsmommy says:

missy Says:

mirsmommy Says:

_____________________________________________–

That is why when Portia told sheep off in the limo I was like *thank you*
    _____________________________________________________

Exactly. Kendra is a straight up follower. She just wanted to hop in that taxi with Long Chin, cuz she thought they were still gonna go out. :lol: I know she was pissed when that taxi was headed back to the house.

And did you hear Long Chin talking about she became “friends” with a damn 60 year old married man???? I was :rofl: Long Chin was nuthin but a Jumpoff for a geriatric. :rofl: Wrinkled balls and all…..

mirsmommy says:

pyt305 Says:

O yea can’t wait till Flo goes incredible hulk on Amber I hate amber lol
    ________________________________________________

:rofl: HULK SMASH!!!!!!! :rofl:

Sorry guys, my kids had me watching The Incredible Hulk yesterday. :lol:

mirsmommy Says:

_______________________________–

We’ve seen her without her make-up on ……& she looks about his age……no biggie to him if she wants to slob on a geriatric knob to get money then that’s on her………

attorneymom says:

You better preach, Mr. Glover. Many Black folks have poured their koolaid right down drain.

mirsmommy says:

missy Says:

mirsmommy Says:

Exactly. Kendra is a straight up follower. She just wanted to hop in that taxi with Long Chin, cuz she thought they were still gonna go out. I know she was pissed when that taxi was headed back to the house.

And did you hear Long Chin talking about she became “friends” with a damn 60 year old married man???? I was Long Chin was nuthin but a Jumpoff for a geriatric. Wrinkled balls and all…..

_______________________________–

_________________________________________

:lol: She and Amber are hideous without makeup on. :yes:

Boomer1 says:

How does that Kool aid taste now?

Bitter, now just image what the dregs will taste like.

Daisy says:

I think Portia won the fight all Natalie did was flip her once BUT Portia kept right on swinging and holding on to Natalies hair that bish needed an ice pack so I give it to Portia

My water n kool aid both taste fine I have plenty to last me through the next 8yrs :cheer:

missy says:

@mirs-Amber she makes me :hurl: also……but i cant wait for Flo to body slam her arse

cjgrantjr says:

AND HE’S STILL THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.

DEAL WITH IT.

SanfiPolemikos says:

What’s up with all the off topic crap? For real, are we that immature that we’ll fill the comments with a bunch of nonsense to try and derail the conversation?

People are raising issues and the best y’all can come up with is that Obama inherited Bush’s mess? That argument is really starting to wear thin.

@ Jah

I completely agree with you but my lord! I hope we smarten up before another 200 years! LOL!

Summers says:

My red kool aid is just fine this morning!! PPl kill me, when he tries to help us out everybdy is against him, when he do smething for someone else everybdy is against him. He cant win for lose!! When the hell will ppl get off his got damn back! And also ppl quick to jump on Clinton, he wasnt even for black ppl!!!!! He made it look good, bt bottom line is he was all for hisself and his kind.

ThatBoy says:

Why are people talking about Bad Girls Club on a posting about Danny Glover on Obama? Sandra, can you please delete these people’s account? They are using your site as a general social network completely ignoring your topic at hand.

Back to the topic. I think Obama misunderstood what Danny Glover said. Where did Danny Glover say he should focus on the troubles blacks face in the recession? What I got from the “Main Street” comment is that Danny Glover feels Obama needs to focus more on “Main Street” meaning the “People” of this country vs. bailing out Wall Street. Bailing out banks, CEO’s, people who made the economy the way it is now. I don’t think Danny Glover’s comments had any racial undertones. I don’t know why Obama made it racial. He thinks whenever black people speak out against him that it is racial. He needs to stop that. Now I’m not going to be a crab in a bucket. My mom always said black people are like crabs in a bucket. You ever seen what crabs do when you put them in a bucket? One tries to climb out and the rest try to pull him down. I’m still waiting to see what Obama is going to do. I’m not giving up yet.

ThatBoy says:

@ SanfiPolemikos, I don’t know what’s up with all the off topic garbage. People talking about Bad Girls club and what not. I just asked Sandra to delete their accounts. Give them a warning or something because this is Sandra Blog, not Twitter, Facebook, etc

LovelyLady says:

Note to the NEWBIES, where here at Sandra Rose tend to go off topic all the time. As long as yall been lurking yall should know this and it will NOT change until; Sandra post blog rules.

Soooooooo :nana:

SanfiPolemikos says:

@ LovelyLady

Yeah I knew some of y’all was simple minded but this is a bit much.

Yadda Yadda says:

I was worried about Barak from the beginning.

:offtopic:

So, the country I live in doesn’t get the Oxygen channel but I just had to find out about this BGC. I watched every episode on YouTube, and omg, I’m hooked.

I don’t think Portia “won” the fight. It looked like a draw to me. And I can’t figure out why Annie is a “bad girl”. She should be on a show called OCD

ggouch says:

I typically scroll past the obama post, due to Sandra’s opinions and comments, which she is well entitled to. But I def have to agree that those of “US” who voted thinking the black community now had the DC hook-up were disillusioned. I am looking for our president to make changes to our country as a whole. I am a believer that to do so will allow all other things to fall into place…

I will say, I for the first time since Pres. Obama became PRESIDENT, I didn’t understand the deployment of more troops…I personally had high expectations for Obama’s influence to begin wrapping this WAR up before the start of a new year. However I want to believe that it is not as simple as that…yet and still I was disappointed.

missy says:

@Sanfi-We are simple minded because we want to go offtopic on a post *BLANK STARE* Really?? I guess your some genius right spewing your political views on a gossip blog not a political one……Guess what Obama isn’t reading this blog……….neither is Danny so get over yourself….We come in here to interact….this is a gossip blog so why don’t you take your views some where else….because just how we allow you to state your views let us do what they heck we want……..Are you mad we don’t want to read what you have to say on a gossip blog ….People have their own views …….. *DEEP SIGH*

I WILL NOT DEBATE WITH YOU ……..

@ Yadda-I am team Portia Natalie just flipped her over and didn’t capitalize ………..& Annie is not a bad girl she just creates drama

pointhimout says:

i think more and more people will begin voicing their opinions. and the bailout, which we’ve been convinced HAD to be done, is what started it all. You have mortgage companies refusing to work with homeowners so they can keep their properties, even though an Act was quickly passed by Obama. In the end, the mortgage companies are not working with a lot of homeowners. And for anyone who says they are, explain all the empty houses that have been sitting in and around your neighborhood.

I think if your situation hasn’t changed and you still have ur career on track, didn’t lose any cars or ur house, can still pay for college ed and shop here/there, ur more likely to say he’s doing a great job. If you’re on the flip side of it by any means or completely, you dont feel the same way. I dont see anything different. Would we be saying the same thing if McCain had won? Probably. To a certain extent I believe the state of our country just is what it is; some of it Obama/McCain would have inherited anyways.

It’s every man for himself pretty soon.

maliasasha says:

Danny Glover is too old for this shiite. Sit your arse down and give Barack time to do what he needs to do. And stop hating so f***ing much. Barack is gonna work it out for the regular folks…just wait and see. What did old Danny Glover think Barack was going to get sworn in and every person of color was going to immediately take a white persons job? You have to be prepared for the opportunity to succeed. That means educating yourself, respecting your community and staying out of jail. Barack is a man not Little Baby Jesus. That is all.

Quitta says:

@ Missy

>>>>>> to the KONA. You weren’t supposed to say nothing. LL steezed on these heethins already. LOL

anti-PC says:

Great post Auntie!! Although I am quite surprised at Danny Glover who is as left-leaning as they come.

And I agree with you Sandra. Black folks who voted for him thinking they will get special treatment simply because his skin color matched theirs were naive and ignorant to the highest order.

A politician is a politician is a POLITICAN. They are no better or no worst just because they are black (or in this case, half-black).

People need to wake up. Obama is just another politician who is more concerned about pleasing special interests than the needs of the average American. If people would have done their research prior to voting for this fraud, they would have known all of this before it was too late.

SanfiPolemikos says:

@ missy

Well that’s a predictable response.

Look I’m into the gossip just like y’all. I read it to pass the time. I know I’m not better than anyone and I’m not trying to be.

This is Sandra’s blog though. Sandra is obviously not only into celebrity gossip. If she is posting political topics, she is looking to get some comments that relate to the topic.

Yadda Yadda says:

I’m in no way an Obama “hater” (<—- such a tacky word), so for all of you that feel like it is one way or the other, you should really open your minds.
    From the beginning I told my mother, “I don’t know about this dude, I think we need to keep a firm eye on affirmative action.”
    He is no Jesse Jackson and has never been concerned with the well being of blacks. However I did also think, here’s our chance to have a “black” president, even if he doesn’t view himself as black, How much damage could he do? Well that question is being answered now, the final tally will be interesting.

——————-
    @ missy Says:

…….
    I want to like Portia, I really do, but that weave….. Ughhhh. I have to learn to see beyond that.

missy says:

@Yadda-Look pass the weave…..But sheep A.K.A. Kendra has a bad weave so does Jay Leno(Natalie) …….

Flo is my fav. also………….

LovelyLady says:

@ Missy

POW :rofl:

LovelyLady says:

Sorry but I voted Obama becuase of the views he HAD, not because of the color of his skin.

But i agree with pointhimout

missy says:

Oh & Comment 50 is not just @ one person though it is for all who have a problem with folks going offtopic… & going to Sandra like we in pre-school asking for people accounts to get deleted… :eek:

Yadda Yadda says:

@ missy

YES SHE DOES! that horse shoe on the top of her head gets on my last nerve! :mad: sighssss. people are still doing that.

Rittle me this, why is it that after natalie hit Kendra she said I really like her, I was trying to hook her up with the good weave. :rofl: that broke me down.

Yadda Yadda says:

@ LovelyLady

Not even a little piece of you voted for him because he was black?

LovelyLady says:

Yadda Yadda Says:

@ LovelyLady

Not even a little piece of you voted for him because he was black
    ——
    :ashamed: Yea i did want a black man in the office.

However if hes views didnt match mine I wouldnt have voted for him.

Yadda Yadda Says:

@ missy

________________________-

Exactly..when Jay Leno said that I couldn’t come to……but all sheep is thinking about is the flashing lights….But to me she is a sheep an when she speaks all I hear is BABABABABABABABABBAAAAAA

ThatBoy says:

@ Missy. I sure did ask Sandra to delete the accounts of those who are completely off topic. I did it out in the open didn’t I? You will find out very quickly this Newbie is not here to “make friends.” Ciao

j.c. says:

ThatBoy Says:

***********************************************************
    how does sandra’s azz taste? you got dookie on your nose! :rofl:

missy says:

@J.c-Pleas exit stage left to the KORNA you know some folks like to :lick: and brown nose……… :lol:

KrayZKat says:

I’m beginning to cosign with Sandra on Obama. The ever loyal black race didn’t hold Obama to any promises as it relates to our community as a whole, like say gays/lesbians, women, Latinos, etc. They demanded “change,” yet all we spouted was, “President Obama is not the president of black America” blah, blah, blah, so he doesn’t owe us anything. Other groups thought differently, and guess what? He listened to them. Other groups know the collective power they have. We have still yet to realize how much we have because we’re scared. Scared of what others will think.

I still like President Obama, but I am becoming a bit disillusioned. Did I think he was a savior. Nope. He nor any other president will ever be, but I expected a bit more from him especially as it relates to our troops.

P.S. This healthcare reform is going to be the death of us. Wait and see. JMO. That is all.

j.c. says:

missy, i had to get in on that. who the hail they supposed to be. if they knew like we know, half the time sandra is right there posting with us on OFFTOPICS!

coaretained says:

just a thought… the :offtopic: emoticon is here for a reason.

The crimson chin had nothing coming has Portia had her REAL non existent hair out!

*poof*

mirsmommy says:

coaretained Says:

just a thought… the emoticon is here for a reason.
    __________________________________________________

Exactly!!!!!!!!! So, :offtopic: Did you guys see when Annie was trying to talk to those guys?????? Did you see their facial expressions???? :lol: She gets the Airhead Award.

@mirsmommy

Annie = Jessica Simpson….

Oh and that Annie slore likes married men :bish plz:

mirsmommy says:

issy Says:

@mirsmommy

Annie = Jessica Simpson….
    ________________________________________

:lol: Did you hear her when she said to the two guys she was talking to, “You’re both married, I did it again.” And then still invited them to come out anyway….

@mirsmommy

She is a slore and proud of it..Messing with married dudes and those dudes are dirty because they shouldn’t have given her any play :shrugs: oh well

mirsmommy says:

missy Says:

@mirsmommy

She is a slore and proud of it..Messing with married dudes and those dudes are dirty because they shouldn’t have given her any play oh well
    _______________________________________________________

Yes she is. Portia shoulda stamped SLORE on Annie’s forehead on her way out….

mirsmommy Says:

missy Says:

@mirsmommy

_______________________________________________________

Yes she is. Portia shoulda stamped SLORE on Annie’s forehead on her way out….

:rofl: so true