Top Publicist Denies Secretly Owning Gossip Blog Site

Last night I spoke with top celebrity publicist Marvet Britto via phone. She was very concerned that her 15-year reputation as one of the industry’s most credible publicists was being tarnished by an unscrupulous blogger (who no one has ever heard of).

Britto, who founded the prestigious Britto Agency in NYC, wanted my readers to know that while she does represent the publicity and production interests of mediatakeout.com, she is not involved in the content of that website. And to prove her point, Britto called an Atlanta friend, Lisa, by three-way who told me that she asked Britto to intercede on behalf of another friend who wanted a post removed from MTO.

“If she was the owner that post would have been removed,” said Lisa.

Britto, who was calling from a yacht in the Bahamas, also cleared up the rumor that she represented Usher’s ex-wife Tameka Foster-Glover. “At no time have I ever represented Tameka Foster-Glover. At no time!,” said Britto adamantly.

“I don’t want to work with Tameka Foster. It wasn’t about whether she could afford me. I’m sure the mother of Usher’s two children can afford to hire me. I know her. She’s cool. She’s sweet. I represent corporations and brands. I’m very particular with the folks I work with. We never even discussed me representing her. We never got into that,” said Britto, who represents rapper Plies, and actor/author Hill Harper, among others.

Rumor had it that Foster-Glover approached Britto earlier this year and asked her for representation while she went through that nasty divorce from Usher. Apparently, Foster-Glover had heard that Britto did wonders for the image of Sean Combs’ baby mama Kim Porter. But Britto insisted that she and Porter are only close friends (Britto is the Godmother of Sean and Kim’s twin girls).

“Tameka is friends with [former R&B singer] Pebbles who I’m very close to and… I don’t represent Kim Porter. I don’t represent the reality [TV] people. I just don’t do that…. As far as representing people through divorces, I just have never done that. I represent people for long term. I don’t just come on board for certain situations. I do crises, but I only do that for people that I represent on an ongoing basis.”

Britto strongly denied allegations that she feeds information about her celebrity clients to MTO. “I don’t get involved with Fred’s content,” said Britto, referring to Fred Mwangaguhunga, a former corporate lawyer-turned gossip blog owner.

“He writes negative stories trashing my clients. At the end of the day my clients would be thrilled if I could keep them off of it,” said Britto who frequently contributes to CNN and CBS.

“I build brands. I’m the branding person to assist [Fred] with bringing his TV show to life. I don’t own Mediatakeout. Give me a break! Our relationship is strictly business. In the beginning I told him ‘I’m not going to get involved in your content so don’t ask me anything.’ I’m a publicist, not a gossip columnist.”

98 Responses to “Top Publicist Denies Secretly Owning Gossip Blog Site”

mirsmommy says:

:blink: So, basically, she had a full-time and part-time job. :lol: It’s a recession out here. Folks lookin to get paid.

mirsmommy says:

Publicist by day, gossip snitch by night. Who knew :shrugs:

Daisy says:

She favors Tameka Foster RAYMOND

That is all

PULEASE. Even if she is part owner she is not giving them any inside info. Media Fakeout is just about the most inaccurate gossip blog on the planet. They make up stories for sport.

Anna says:

mirsmommy Says:

So, basically, she had a full-time and part-time job. It’s a recession out here. Folks lookin to get paid.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    AMEN. Is it me or is Sandra posting more while I am at home than at work. At work I need my time occupied. At home I can’t catch up with tv and be on here at the same time.

mirsmommy says:

Anna Says:

mirsmommy Says:

~~~~~~~~~~~
    _____________________________________________________

:lol: Anna, why you tryin to make me be jealous of you cuz you off til Monday, and I’m working til tomorrow???? :lol:

You ain’t right. :lol:

pointhimout says:

well, more than half the people on that list above are never talked about much, if at all. ananda lewis, i mean come on.

her alleged part ownership is probably nothing more than an minimal investment or ad space. well, at least that’s the spin I’d use. dont judge me.

she has/had kim cattrall as a client? that’s huge. if this alleged accusation turns out to be true, she did nothing more than what employees do anyways. i mean hell, the people working for the jacksons, the kennedy clan, or whoever know so much stuff, but tell it in a book centuries later.

sorry marvette, i’m tryna spin this and play devil’s advocate. its just not working. let me be the first to say im disappointed because the dirt revealed was minimal at best considering it alleged came first hand from someone of that status.

missmiami says:

Say what you want about **** but they are on point sometimes. Look at all the stories they broke in the past. Some are garbage but some are always dead on

trynabeme says:

Now, many from the world of entertainment are outraged at the fact that Britto is using her position as an agent to collect the dirt on some of her clients
    ****************************************************
    There is no honor amongst thieves *blank stare*

nika405 says:

98% of the ppl on this list need all the publicty they can get.

MOUTH says:

@ 8
    ________________-

True, now we know why, cause sis had firsthand knowledge, from her clients and was probably even present during most of the events. That’s why if I were a celeb my mom would be my darn publicist, I know she won’t tell my B I, and moms would be cheaper anyway.

smiley says:

None of her clients are on MTO so I believe this may be true lol

CivilEngineer says:

Do people actually read gossip blogs for facts? :blink:

trynabeme says:

Registration is open again????? :surprised:

This is the most I’ve ever seen reg. open in alllllll my time here.

FloridaChick813 says:

missmiami Says:

______________________________________________

….. and very entertaining to say the least….

cheeks8683 says:

@ smiley good point!!!

mizzdallas says:

Ummmm dont they already do this, Publicist post on blogs under different names and so do the celebrities so what if she’s half owner to a blog, who cares…?

missmiami says:

What it is open. Maybe she is being nice for the new year. Wonder if some folks are gonna come back :shrugs:

FloridaChick813 says:

trynabeme Says:

Registration is open again?????

This is the most I’ve ever seen reg. open in alllllll my time here.
    _______________________________________________________

pshhh.. You tellin me… and I waited for longest.. :rolleyes:

missy says:

@Civil-Yes people do…….I personally read it for entertainment….others want the juicy facts.

anyway I agree with those who say her clients need all the publicity they could get…….because we rarely hear about most of them…..

But was she the one who help Supa head spread Big Tigger was gay……….#justasking

Cinderella says:

Isn’t she 80’s singers Cherrell’s sister and Peebles cousin?

trynabeme says:

For real Cinderella? So Cherrelle & Pebbles are cousins too? Never knew…

nika405 says:

Maybe Charles will come back lol…cause all he is doing is dragging Diamond and talking ish about Monica

chase says:

Not the least bit surprised at all….

Crislex says:

That site is some straight GARBAGE…..I am soo gald I do not go there to seek info…

qtipthecat says:

Dang registration is open. I waited like three years for it to be open. I don’t feel special at all anymore.
    That is all

CivilEngineer says:

Coming to a gossip blog for facts is like reasoning with certain caplocking members…so damn stupid!

And yea why is registration open again? I’m here now…no one else is necessary :lol: kidding, kinda

she looks like scary spice

kdillon says:

Celeb gossip does not come from average joe’s, usually it starts with insiders.

Krysi J says:

Oops….?

Krysi J says:

——————————————————

yea I feel stupid everytime I respond to dat shyt…but sometimes you just cant take IT! :crying:

Cinderella says:

Marvet and someone named Jacky Jasper have been going at it on Twitter for a few hours. The Jacky person started the mess. I can’t repost the exchanges but what he/she said about Marvet is juicy.

j.c. says:

maybe ciara will join again :yes:

CivilEngineer says:

Krysi J Says:

——————————————————

—————————————————-
    :lol: You still my round @Krysi…I know she brings the fire out! I find her comical and INTENSE if you’re reading, I respect that you stand behind your beliefs 100% and will go 10 rounds for them…no “shade”

Krysi J says:

“ROUND?”

like “sey ROUND, let me hit’cha right back, its hot right now, feds got my phone tapped”

I like dat NO slang! :grin:

why yall start using Round anyway?

So what’s new ‘ROUND these parts?

Half of the people on this don’t need a publicist, they could just get there cousins Pookie and ‘nem to speak for them. Waste of money.

mizzdallas says:

Sandra, how come you want show your face in you new pic with your new short- hairstyle? btw it looks nice! :smile:

CivilEngineer says:

LOL @Krysi…I’ve never been able to figure that out but that’s what I refer to my friends as, so you would be my e-round.

And you know the Hot Boys went oh so hard way back when…it just stuck with me! :yes:

BROWNSUGAPOET says:

it’s bout time for me to bounce so yall have a nice and safe holiay and I’ll see yall next week!

Crislex says:

I cant keep up with yall which post is people hanging in…lol

Marvette denied all these allegations..

BROWNSUGAPOET says:

CE since I won’t be here you’ll have to take up the slack!!!
    BYE KYRSI,MISSY,JC, MSKAYLA,NIKA, SWEETCHEEKS, RTB, JOHNBOY AND ERRBODY ELSE!

Krysi J says:

And you know the Hot Boys went oh so hard way back when
    ———————————————————

please don’t start me up, I’ll be rappin to Heaven_sent all night is dis BYTCH!

Krysi J says:

Bye Brown enjoy ya New Years!!

:koolaid: :blunt:

CivilEngineer says:

Aight @BROWN…HAVE A HAPPY NEW YEAR…will blog with you in 2010!!

@Krysi :rofl: BLING, BLING

And I’m out for a little while, I’ll be back after my gym visit…ttyl fam!

missy says:

@Brown-I thought you were holding it down for me though..I guess I will try hold it down….

nika405 says:

Bye Brown…I’ve got nothing done on my day off so I’m out. Everyone have a blessed New Year and holla at y’all on Monday. Don’t forget to eat some greens and blackeye peas.

Bye Brown Happy New Year

Hey Missy, what’s been with you today?

@ Crislex – I can’t keep up either. I try to go by the latest time someone posted but that doesn’t help either. They are back and forth between posts :lol:

Bye Nika. Happy New Year.

missy says:

@Brown-& have a Happy New Year & be safe

Krysi J says:

And I’m out for a little while, I’ll be back after my gym visit…ttyl fam!
    ——————————————————–

“PEEEEEEeeeeAAAAAACCCCEEEEeeeee ” -Beedy Bee

missy says:

@Ms.kaylamomma-I don’t know I am tired and cranky and I don’t like when people make fun of others opinions/beliefs..and they did it on multiple posts ..it was funny the first time but the other 2 times it was not so funny……it was just one of those days….But I wasn’t mad…. annoyed….yes….not mad……

@ Missy

Yeah, I kinda read through some of the comments. It’s crazy… that’s why religion and political topics are so touchy and are topics I refuse to debate in. I know MY beliefs and I’m not going to make any one (who doesn’t want to) understand my beliefs. They are my beliefs and mine alone. And then you have to understand its just a blog. I come here for entertainment purposes and as for the facts, I research them myself :smile: No shade auntie.

Krysi J says:

SANDRA…….please get rid of that crap on your page thats causing all this infiltrating on my computer

pretty please….

Krysi J Says:

pretty please….

****************************************************

Sorry, but that’s not my blog causing that. U need to clean all that malware/spyware off your computer.

missy says:

Ms.kaylamomma Says:

@ Missy

____________________________________________–

Exactly but some people just like to make others feel like their opinions are stupid…..and theirs is the correct way of thinking….but I agree with you 100%

j.c. says:

bye brown!

missy Says:

******************************************************

Who is making fun of people’s beliefs/opinions?

@ Missy

No one can make you feel stupid about YOUR opinion or beliefs unless you give them that power.

Krysi J says:

——————————————————–

I got it…THANKS anyway, I don’t know what da hell was going on, but I did have another window up.

j.c. says:

dats right mskaylamomma. missy, i’ve learned to let it go. don’t matter what someone types on their keyboard about me cuz it’s just their opinion. and we all know opinions are just like aholes, everybody got one and some stank!

Anna says:

Ms.kaylamomma Says:

@ Missy

~~~~~~~~
    Thank You. Just as there is “No Such Thing As A Stupid Question”. Ok, I went to far, but you get where I was going. :lol: I have heard many stupid questions in my day. Why are they always in “business meeting” with ppl who are suppose to be smarter than me? SMH.

ladedj1819 says:

oh ohh auntiee sandra in the room whats up sandra how you going i need some info

Daisy says:

@Civil you would mention the gym *I skipped today* :lol:

missy says:

@j.c&Ms.kaylamomma-I don’t get mad….I just get annoyed when people act like they are right…..and everyone else is wrong….I don’t take it personal or to heart……but I agree with what y’all are saying

ohpretty1 says:

That site went in on Foster a little too hard for this lady to be her publicist AND ‘part-owner’

In and Out… @ #13 Unfortunately, and @ #27 you clicking like that around here? hummmmm

Hello all :-)

missy says:

Oh they weren’t going in about my opinion….I didn’t leave my opinion in that post……..People don’t know the difference between a debate and an argument………..

@Sandra…Don’t worry about it…it was just a group of sarcastic/rude individuals….Nothing to take to personal

CivilEngineer says:

I’m back!!

@soulfulbeauty….it was a JOKE. Don’t be so serious!!

fred was a lawyer :shrug: wow

gypsyeyes says:

Gravi check.

attorneymom says:

Why don’t Fred just come out and set the record straight? Blank stare.

attorneymom says:

How many of you live in a mansion? I would like to know how much it cost to heat or cool your home.

Hi SR fam!!!!!!! I see y’all been actin up as per usual while I was on vacation in Jamaica :blunt:

CivilEngineer says:

Hey @renegade

:newpost:

j.c. says:

hey renegade! how was jamaica mon?

missy says:

*waves*

Hey renegade…….I was wondering if you were still on vacay in Jamaica….

Heyyyy @ renegade – I was wondering where you been? Fire it up, I know you brought that good shyt back with you. :blunt: j/k

@ Attorneymom – No, I don’t live in a mansion. Thanks for asking though. :lol:

missy says:

Did anyone read Diddy is marrying Kim Porter …on New Year’s… :lol: …….

Jamaica was fantastic! Good to spend the holiday with all my family and friends…Went to some great parties and got a little too wasted drinking White Rum…ate ridiculous amounts of jerk chicken and roast fish..Got a nice tan…All in all a great vacation!

@Ms.kaylamomma – You know I wanted to…lol..that damn Nigerian flucked it up for everyone. My flight was delayed for 2 hours because of extra security checks. They searched everyone’s carry-on at the gate and patted everyone down again…Then when I got to ATL, they scanned everyone’s fingerprints and took pictures…I was exhausted when I got home.

Toni says:

@Missy..Does that mean it’s the end of the world?

@ Missy – Doesn’t that rumor come on every year this time but let auntie tell it, Sara has Sean wrapped around her finger and will be proposing to Sara. I can’t keep up with the Sean Combs caravan of baby mamas. I would rather see him with Cassie. :shrugs:

mirsmommy says:

Ms.kaylamomma Says:

____________________________________________________

I would rather see Puffy/Diddy’s horse lookin a** disappear. :rolleyes:

Che says:

As an (M)ad Men myself did she never heard from conflicting accounts. This MTO account should raise all sorts of red flags. Self regulation/self preservation is the key here.

Che says:

*** = ****

mistarie says:

Do you think she would come out and say it if she really did own it? Come on now. And I’ve read that guys blog a couple of times, and he has been on point with alot of shyt he says. Seems to me like she got her hand caught in the cookie jar.

And as for Kim and Diddy, she would be a fukking fool to marry him. He done kicked her azz to the curb too many times for too many females and this dumb bytch just lays back in the cut until he’s ready for her again. Stupid bytch, man. Just dumb. How little do you have to love yourself to allow a man to dump you for his PR princess(J.Lo) and then make another baby while ya’ll are together(Sarah) and then kick you to the curb for a young, half-a-head tenderoni(Cassie), and you still come back?!?!?!? WTF is wrong with you? You need to take some of that child support money and buy your dumb azz a brain and some self esteem. :rolleyes:

mistarie says:

Che Says:

As an (M)ad Men myself did she never heard from conflicting accounts. This **** account should raise all sorts of red flags. Self regulation/self preservation is the key here.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Huh? :shrugs:

mirsmommy says:

mistarie Says:

______________________________________________________

:blink: did you just say, a young half-a-head tenderoni????????

:rofl: :rofl: I almost choked.

texarican mamacita says:

@mistarie

Ok, I had to laugh at the PR princess title you put on J-Lo. Why when I married my husband, his ex-wife told a mutual friend that he could go to hell with his “PR princess” :lol:

Where the hell did that phrase come from? And she is a yt country bumkin so ????

Che says:

Normally in an ad agency when you have a big account like, for example General Motors. You dont take as an account Volkswagen because of the trade secrets you come across when handling such an account. Of course PR is a bit different, but still, it is sort the same. If you do Mariah then to me it would not be wise to do a gossip site. Because of the conflicting interests and focus they have. Even if the client is ok with it, it would be better to self regulate it and say no to the gossip site.

mistarie says:

mirsmommy Says: did you just say, a young half-a-head tenderoni????????

I almost choked.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Was that wrong? :shrugs:

texarican mamacita Says: @mistarie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I didn’t know anybody else used that. It was just the first thing that popped in my head when I thought of J.Lo.

mirsmommy says:

@ mistarie Nope, not wrong at all, it was just funny as hell. :lol:

mistarie says:

mirsmommy Says:

@ mistarie Nope, not wrong at all, it was just funny as hell.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay, just wanted to make sure, cause I’m trying to get my life together for the New Year. :wink: :-D

Lizzyb says:

Marvet truly need to give up on that trashy blog, why would you want to be associated with such trash? If I was looking at you for a publicist, no way would I consider you once I knew you repped that trash. You brag you don’t rep reality folks…well nawd but you take on that trollish stuff? GTFOH! Your business logic is flawed. Good to know you rep them tho’, glad its out there, I would say 2010 will be a little less cha ching for you based on that.

Al-Ameera says:

Has this been confirmed? If so, hmmmm it is a huge conflict of interest.

Necelove says:

She look like she be gossipin

gypsyeyes says:

just trying to see if things were moving slow under these comments.