Yes, Erykah Badu’s Phat Azz is a Figment Of Her Imagination

Normally I don’t work on a Sunday, but I had to address this misconception.

The Internet is buzzing about Erykah Badu’s digitally altered azz in her new video for “Window Seat”, that premiered Friday. I thought it would be obvious to everyone that Erykah Badu has never had a phat azz ever in her life. But I guess it wasn’t obvious — even though everything below her waist is blurred throughout the entire video.

Still, it amazes me how easily some people will fall for anything that’s right in front of their eyes. But I guess that’s why you have me to open your eyes for you and help you to see the light. By the way, the entire video was shot with her in front of a green screen. But you already knew that (I hope you did). Notice how you never see her feet?

Anyway, peep the screen grabs above for all the evidence you need.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

115 Responses to “Yes, Erykah Badu’s Phat Azz is a Figment Of Her Imagination”

Lolo says:

“By the way, the entire video was shot with her in front of a green screen. But you already knew that (I hope you did). Notice how you never see her feet?”
    ~~~~~~~

I figured because no one is looking at her. I mean if I saw someone walking down the street removing articles of clothing my attention would be captured.

Ebony says:

:rofl: SR exposing fake a@@es on bish at a time

:offtopic: Did anybody see the Bey commercial during the Kids choice awards were she got slimed. It looked like Jay Z the camel spit on her. :lol:

yerkesbabe says:

Well it looks like her a$$ to me! Cute video…. and it didn’t appear to be in front of a green screen, and it did seem as if some people were looking at her.

Also, they showed her feet at the end of the video.

Oh well, let me go eat dinner.

Happy Sunday ya’ll.

MrsMantha says:

So her performance on Jimmy Kimmel when she had on the tights, ya’ll saying that her butt was fake on there too? She has had like 3 or 4 children and that gives you hips and butt…..

Daisy says:

I :heart: E badu and I believe that is all her she got a donk :lol:

Happy Palm Sun to everybody!

yerkesbabe Says:

********************************************

Those people are called extras. You know, the people who are paid $50 to be in videos?

Daisy says:

@Sandra when E badu was on the sweet water tour she had junk in the trunk I remember saying them babies gave her an azz and wondered if motherhood would do the same for me :lol: She was on an award show as well and I remember that next day folks were talking about e badu wasnt skinny minny anymore.

Lolo Says:
    ~~~~~~~

**************************************************

Exactly. In some of the scenes no one is looking at her. Like it’s normal to see someone walking along in her bra and panties. Also, half the screen is blurred so you can’t see that it’s digitally altered.

@ Daisy: butt pads are nothing new. :coffee:

Daisy says:

@sandra it is normal in berkley CA where its legal to walk around nude in public :lol: My classmate said you see naked ppl all the time jogging or at the local starbucks.

Dont be mad e badu got a phatty :coffee:

Lovely One says:

Erykah Badu’s a$$ has been huge since Baduizm. I saw her in concert some years ago and her butt was big then (my man told me to look – he’s been liking Erykah for a while now) :lolol:

Anyways, and more importantly, Badu’s butt does not change shape everytime you see her. That is all :coffee:

Mother Jefferson says:

Sandra you need to stop! :lolol: you are exactly who she is talking to at the end of the video!

Chile Erykah has no budget for a green screen or a digitally inhanced booty. Mama has three kids, that behind is all hers. She look good to me :yes:

Wow so Window Seat has been reduced to whether E.Badu’s butt is real or not?

SugarPieHoneybunn says:

I haven’t seen the video but I am :rofl: at the subject matter here. The Booty Detective strikes again, LOL!!!

I luvs me some Erykah Badu though. Im just wondering, why would she care enough about what other people think to wear pads when she doesnt care what people think about all the other weird stuff she does?? :shrug:

Redeemed777 says:

MY WISHFUL THINKING:

Sandra, I wish you would have posted the piece about Jill Scott and “the pinch” rather than Erykah Badu’s but cheeks.

Ebony says:

I haven’t seen the video. What is it about?

Sandra you think everyone’s booty is fake. If that was a green screen it’s better than anything even Michael Jackson has done. I need more than your word for it.

Oh, I love the new pic Miss Sandra. The short hair is fierce!

chocolatedrop says:

It’s not a green screen…here’s what she wrote on her Twitter: “#windowseat was shot guerilla style, no crew , 1 take , no closed set , no warning , 2 min . , don town dallas , then ran like hell…”

And I thoroughly believe that is her booty…honestly there’s a difference between a real booty and a fake one and hers is real.

Karamelkisses76 says:

I wish my booty was fake. Anyhoo, I :heart: Erykah. Fake booty or real booty. I don’t concern myself with women’s ass*s.

ShoYaRight says:

Badu ain’t got a budget to do all that. Attribute that ass to collards and cornbread.

attorneymom says:

I will file this one under who gives a ratz azz. Blank stare.

ryand91 says:

Ummm Erykah has always been thick. Sandra stay hatin’. Gosh

Daisy says:

@whoever commented about Jills article the sting that was originally in Essence, very interesting indeed. I dont feel a sting but I liked how she broke it all down. I do look fwd to her column each mth in Essence.

Daisy says:

:waiting: on Sandra to post fatbellybellas tweets aka E badu since she is good at pulling somebody elses tweets when her name is mentioned :coffee:

KayCeiSoul says:

Mama Badu has always had the country girl shape w/azz. That isn’t something new. If it’s fake then she’s been wearing a butt pad for many moons. I think it’s herz. Just my thoughts. Team Erykah!!!

CorporateHoodB-tch says:

Excellent…booty looks real as mine to me….but like someone eluded to….let’s not reduce Window Seat to butt cheeks.
    This song is so awesome and the video quite memorable :clap:
    LUVS IT!!!
    Makes me want to buy a Peaches & Herb braid wig…and go streaking down Peachtree :rofl: j/k
    Go ahead Ms. Badu!

Ebony says:

:rofl: @ Erykah asking who is Sandra Rose, and Sandra Rose tweeting for someone to send E badu a link to sandrarose.com :lol:

CorporateHoodB-tch says:

Sandra…do a live chat/battle with Erika. Now that would be EPIC!!! :shotsfired1:

Ebony says:

What happened with the live chat with Meghan Good, could she not find anything to wear :coffee:

aqtpie says:

:rofl: @ Sandra. That looks like her a$$ to me!!

Karamelkisses76 says:

Ebony, Megan– like me (though I’m not being photographed so I can do that)– has a staple “go to” outfit. We see it all the time. Can’t think of it now though. Is it open toe boots, black leggings, & a pack of Newports?

Anna says:

Ebony Says:

~~~~~~~~
    :lol: It’s not like she is busy.

Anna says:

Karamelkisses76 Says:

~~~~~
    You forgot about the “coochie cutter” shorts.

mzloud says:

Its her azz Sandra… It jiggles to much… Butt pads and butt injections make your butt a little firmer.. Now Nicki Minaj’s azz isnt real.. It hardly ever moves…. :coffee:

:rofl: at Erykah asking “Who is sandrarose”?

Karamelkisses76 says:

Ewwwww, Anna. Forgot about those. *grimace*

Definately no coochie cutter (or Jay Z toe) shorts over here. Those are called drawz in my house. :yes:

Ebony says:

@ Karamel

Meghan has 3 pair of leggings, 5 wife beaters, 1 pair of jean coochie cutter shorts, 2 pair of shoes, 1 black leather jacket in her closet :coffee:

CorporateHoodB-tch says:

Poor Meghan…is there no discount stylist available? :sad:

Karamelkisses76 says:

@Ebony. You have it DOWN pat. :lol: BUT you forgot the false lashes!! She pulls the false lashes off very well though. I tried it once & felt draggy. Missy’s lashes in the previous post… not even close to real :coffee:

onlinefan says:

Sandra you freeze framing azz now? :blink:
    LOG OFF NOT NOW, BUT RAHT NA!!!

DivaPT says:

i see you dont work saturdays or sundays if this is the only post for today

Dhoward1913 says:

Most black women from Texas have asses like that! I know because I have one! That girl started to have a big ass after she had that first baby, Seven. If she looks that good after 3 babies….I say GO GIRL!!!!!

ryand91 says:

Now thanks to Sandra posting this crap, my boyfriend has a new favorite video and the only part he is watching is the part with his arse being shown as she walks away…

Anna says:

Dhoward1913 Says:

Most black women from Texas have asses like that! I know because I have one
    ~~~~~~~~
    They say everything in Texas is big. Big hats, big houses, now big butts. :lol: My big butt left long ago. I am going to claim it back. Gravity took over. :lol:

Ebony says:

I’m from Ft Hood Texas and I have no ass :shrug:

Daisy says:

@Ebony Solo is from TX and she doesnt have a biz azz either :shrug:

CorporateHoodB-tch says:

ryand91 Says:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    :rofl: My hubby heard me mention Erykah’s name…he said “haven’t seen her in a while, wonder what she’s looking like nowdays?” So, of course, I showed him the video…

Ebony says:

@ Daisy Bey’s from Texas and she doesn’t have I big azz either :shrug:

KaraZ says:

If that’s her video she coulda kept it. She’s always tried to hard to be “conscious”, trying to stick to this “image” she manufactured out her azz, SAT DOWN ERICA!

I personally could care less if it’s her reall ass or not, she needs to cover up all her jiggly bits, and keep it for baby daddy Number 3 or 4 :rolleyes:

KaraZ says:

Ebony Says:
    @ Daisy Bey’s from Texas and she doesn’t have I big azz either
    ————————————————————–

Dem Beyawnce stans gonna come get you, WITH THEIR CAPS LOCKS!

yesindeedio says:

well dang sandra. in those two clips, it doesn’t even look like the same body…where the heck is the tattoo on the arm in the first shot?

i’m glad that you pointed out that the whole vid was shot in front of green screen because i was wondering how the heck they got around her copping a charge for indecent exposure.

good observation.

ReadTheBlog says:

Why are we even talking about Erykah’s butt in this video? Why can’t we talk about the message?

What did the blood that ran out her head spell out?

True Badu fans know that Erykah doesn’t do green screen and digital booty and you did see her feet when she took her shoes off. She said the reason she was walking and looking around is because they were scoping for cops. The video was shot in one take.

twitter fatbellybella

Sandra, she laughed at you when someone said you were talking about her :lol:

ReadTheBlog says:

LOL @ Texas not having ass.

We got em in Oklahoma :-)

Daisy says:

@RTB Sadly some ppl will believe Sandra over the artist themselves regarding the green screen when she has already shut down that rumor but some will still argue that it was a green screen. I liked how she broke down Group think on twitter unlike others E badu has never tried to be different she just is. She has always marched to the beat of her own drum from day one IMO.

Ebony says:

@ Karaz

Those Bey stans can come at me while they rape the caps lock key on their keyboard. :lol:

KaraZ says:

@Ebony oh they will and they will leave their spell check at home too

KayCeiSoul says:

RTB says “What did the blood that ran out her head spell out?”

It spelled out “groupthink”.

Ebony says:

@ Karaz

:rofl: “They’ll leave their spell check at home”

KayCeiSoul says:

I don’t see how this could be a green screen….

1. A guy picked up her coat off the curb.

2. She would have had to been in an awfully large studio to walk/jog the distance she did. Costly.

3. :rotf: @ Erykah digging her panties out before she took her pants off.

VIBABY says:

Sandra, why dont you play double-O-negro and find out where Tinys mutant looking self got an azz from all of a sudden? smh @ this post. I mean really…..

SugarPieHoneybunn says:

Just watched the video. That’s her a$$.I dont even know why Ms Rose is playin with us like dat, lmao…The video is crazy as hell though. Gota love Badu!!!

KayCeiSoul says:

@ Daisy…thanks for the update gurl! Erykah broke it down huh? She’s going to make me check her Twitter page out. Loves me some Erykah.

SugarPieHoneybunn says:

:rofl: at double-O-negro!!!! u killed me with that one VIBABY

KaraZ says:

vibaby, off to the kona! You stay in there till Friday you hear? SMH

Karamelkisses76 says:

@Erykah, don’t involve yourself in foolishness. Tiny doesn’t have to address her pre- Exscape ass & butt.

Smokie says:

Sandra, dear, your screen shot is off. You have her butt flatter than on the screen AND her underwear is pulled up higer in your screen shot. I created a comparison as proof: http://tinypic.com/r/ejxydw/5

Let the big booty live!

DeliciousOne says:

I believe that was her ass. She has a pure hottentot one for sure!

lol@Tiny.

lexdiamonz says:

i dont know sandy i saw badu in concert with a damn near bathing suit on and that azz might be hers

attorneymom says:

I finally watched the video on another blog. I like the video and song. Her CD will be my next purchase.

I will post this video on my blog to commemorate the 42nd anniversary of the assassination of Dr. King.

attorneymom says:

Please keep 98-year vintage Civil Rights icon Dr. Dorothy Height in your prayers as she recovers from her illness.

RIP Soror Linda Marie White, who was the 26th International President of Alpha Kappa Alpha Incorporated.

Yadda Yadda says:

Her butt looks normal to me, it’s the knees I’m concerned about :coffee:

MrsMantha says:

If you type in Matt and Kim “lesson learned” on you tube, you will see how she came about the concept for this video….

And I believe it was shot live, dude that picked up her coat, also picked up her shoes, and other clothing articles like he was a paid person to do that, pick up all her clothes so after the shoot she could put them back on.

iscream says:

Just because you can flip a pancake doesn’t make you Aunt Jamima.

Just because you can bake a cookie doesn’t mean when I press your belly you’ll say Mmm humm.

And just because you sleep with strippers doesn’t make you an expert on fake asses… :coffee:

As a fellow fatty I will put my money on it being real. You are showing her butt from two different angles. What exactly would be the point of Erykah going thru all this trouble to expose a fake ass anyway? :shrug:

I wonder if you had your inspector gadget magnifying glass up to the moniter looking for evidence. Smh

iscream says:

@Attrnymom

Did you really call into a radio show to speak to Lisa Raye…. just to complain about Sandra Rose and how she put you put you on blast? :|

I didn’t listen to the interview but I read about it. I hope that’s not true because you know Lisa and Sandra are cool so why even go there? :shrug:

attorneymom says:

@Iscream, please review the videos before you comment or ask me questions. Charles posted them. Thanks.

LadyLew says:

they were talking about this on the radio this morning. I gotta check it out

The Original MsG says:

You actually took time away from your weekend to post whether some other woman has a real azz or not? Wow. :-o

attorneymom says:

@Sandra, in the celebration of the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ, let’s have a positive blogging week. For one week starting the day after Easter, can we all only write positive posts and comments? What do you think?

Chgoprime says:

OMG SANDRA! I’M TYPING IN CAPS TO MATCH THE TONE OF THIS POST. THAT IS DEFINITELY HER ASS. SHE’S ALWAYS BEEN SHAPELY. WHEN HER AND COMMON DATED YOU COULD SEE HER AROUND CHICAGO ALL THE TIME AND I DID. THE ASS IS REAL SANDY.

attorneymom says:

LisaRaye says that although some of our comments helped her with her show, the negative comments hurt her feelings.

Support a week of positive blogging!!!

just seeing this video wow!

The Original MsG says:

Also, I remember when she performed the tribute to Diana Ross on the BET Awards. All the guys were talking about her shape on the radio the next day because they did not know she had began to fill out like that. I think it’s her butt. All sistas that sing are not investing in implants and butt pads.

free says:

why can’t we keep our clothes on?

danjas says:

sandra that is erykahs booty. i remember when she performed live she had on some stretch pants and they was talking about that big ole butt then. that’s what pushing out them babies will do for ya.

eastpointvet says:

erykah always had a nice rump and its no different now its just normally covered. you can tell its just people trying to not look just like u see people like oh my god what is she doing. she tweeted about all the details yesterday. somebody asked what did the blood spell it was groupthink. great video talk about the message and not the ass. and go check out matt and kim video see where she got the inspiration from

Smokie says:

Sooo…my comments await moderation now…?

speakinmymind says:

is this really a post? :yawn:

aliren says:

well…in her defense, she did fill out with her daughter’s birth more than she had previously.

highlyfavored says:

@ Sandra Rose. No hun that would b her backside. She has gotten thicker after having kids even wrote a song about it.

ryand91 says:

So I was watching CNN before I left to go to class and I found out that this video was NOT shot in front of a green screen. Wow is all I can say about this one, she is a brave one. I wonder how she avoided catching an indecent exposure charge.

SoulWithSass says:

Sandra

You know darn well that is all Ms. Badu! Erykah has always had a donk, she just usually wears layers of clothes to cover it. She performed at a HoB concert years ago (my cuz went and illegally video’d on her cam) and when she turned around, you could virtually hear every dude in the club say: “damn!” when they saw her behind.

And you can tell in the video….you see the way its jiggling, with her thighs as she walks! My behind and thighs do the same thing when I walk! Just like fake boobs, a fake behind would be firm, not jiggle, sit up all perky like….that thing on Erykah got some sag to it, baby!

Beyond that…can we concentrate on the GREAT message in the vid? Yes- her a** was a temporary distraction from it, but let’s get back to the REAL message now! Thx!

mizzdallas says:

Ummm I worked downtown dallas, and I know for a fact this video wasnt shot on green screen and that is all of edub assets! sandra stop :hating:

KayCeiSoul says:

mizzdallas, I was waiting on you to confirm…I figured you could if noone else believed Erykah. Go figure!

Thanks :)

ReadTheBlog says:

She was scoping the area for police the whole time. She said people were yelling at her calling her crazy and there were kids around and she was hoping they wouldn’t be too traumatized.

She says all this on her twitter…

Different story…same news channel.

Let’s see we talked about Beyonce, Nikki Minaj, Janet and now Erykah. Why the obsession? Who really cares?

Dhoward1913 says:

@Attorneymom….thanks for posting about Soror Dorothy I. Height. Please keep her in your prayers.

ryand91 says:

@ 97, my mom was just talking about Mrs. Height a few minutes ago somebody put a rumor out on Twitter that she had passed. People and their lies but she is in my prayers.

SanfiPolemikos says:

That thang real!

ashnic23 says:

i dont care :Shrug:

tintin1979 says:

badu does have a fat ass, it’s just not the sexiest when the clothes are off. I’m that way too. I have the biggest but hey it kinda drops once my clothes come off. it’s called getting older.

honeygrahm says:

Is it just me or did anyone else notice the dude in the red hat in the background. He must have been working the video cause every article of clothing she took off, he ran to pick them up but then tried to blend in the background like he was an extra or something. That kind of breaks down the green screen theory….or if not, those directors are EXTREMELY creative and detail oriented. :)

sevens658 says:

@Sandra now U hatin’ Don’t be Mad cuz Erykah Got a Phatty Phatty!!!!LOL These bloggers a mess.

Joja86 says:

Green screen? Didnt know that…folks looked like they were looking but not trying to…it is an awkward situation. Heard it was shot at the Plaza so yeah. And I saw a pic of Badu in a bikini on one of these blogs weeks ago..I believe its her ass

Sindy says:

Oh, please. This is a bunch of BS. I’ve had the pleasure of being at several Badu Concert and I can tell you all her ASSET are real. Sandra stay hating on folk. Except her secret fantasy Lover Rihanna and Monica.

MissLouisiana says:

Ms. Badu has always had junk. I recall seeing her at a concert about 5 years ago and she was curvy back then. I will have to disagree Erykah is real.

brooklynisis says:

Well, the day has finally come. Ms. Rose, you have finally exposed your illegitimacy. You clearly have never met Erykah Badu in person. She’s a slim woman, but with very AMPLE assets in the back. When I met my husband years ago, he and his brooklyn friends would often talk about Badu and Mya about how surprisingly “phat” they were. In the “Love of my Life” video, Erykah Badu even rhymes about her measurements. 20-26-36….Now how many slim girls do you know that have a 20 top number and a 36 bottom number and aren’t fightin’ the men off? Also, She’s got 3 kids….. So it’s amazing that she hasn’t gotten bigger than she is.

While she usually wears African garb and flowing dresses so you couldn’t see what she was working with (Mainly because she never promoted herself as a sex symbol), there are a couple videos where you can see that she’s definitely packing. Specifically her “Honey” video…at 2:47 you see it ALL!

I usually love your site, but this slanderous crap is terrible. In your race and attempt to remain relevant, you wanted to jump in with all the other ignorant people and say that you didn’t respond earlier because it was so obvious. What would have been great is if you would have said you doubt very seriously that she is enhanced because she’s always had a little phatty in the back.

It’s obvious that parts of the new video are blurred to keep from having clear views of people’s faces so that they don’t have to give credit.

Besides, if you were going to digitally enhance your butt, wouldn’t you make it look “perfect”? I never thought I’d hate one of your posts.

Doc Jam says:

It’s all real. I’ve seen it in the flesh.

Doc Jam Says:

It’s all real. I’ve seen it in the flesh.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Really hmmmm….. :coffee: Can we can get freaky tale?

@504loko says:

This video was shot guerilla-style, one take one continuous shot… no evidence of green screen and i would know because im a web designer. so all in all,

SANDRA ROSE YOU’RE A :hater:

#THATISALL

brooklynisis says:

I would love if Sandra came out and printed a retraction. Admit your mistake. I don’t think you’re a hater. You just didn’t have the information needed to stay on the cutting edge of this. Please…. Keep your credibility!

DeliciousOne says:

Erykah would feel right at home down-town Kampala in Uganda as she is shaped like plenty of girls there. Small on top and gi-nornmous down below.

tagmebrown747 says:

Sorry Sandra, that azz belong to Erykah she is packing and it all belongs to her and this, was no green screen action. Dallasites know Erykah dances to her own drummer. The video was probably filmed in downtown Dallas on an early Saturday or Sunday morning when not many people were out. Who is going to bother a black woman pulling off her clothes in broad daylight in the streets? People probably thought she was another drunk or drug-out homeless person, which is a common occurrence on that end of downtown. Men were getting a view and women probably were saying, “what the hell is the matter with her.” The video was slowed down considerably because two minutes to do a strip down is pretty fast. She is a national news story now, as people realized what they saw was Erykah Badu making a video. People are so concern with her nakedness, they did not pick up on the concept of the video.

LaJuliet says:

Fox News in the Dallas/Fort Worth area ran a story tonight (3/30/10 )in reference to the this video. The mother of a 9 year old girl who was inadvertently filmed/captured in Eryka’s video is not happy that Eryka stripped naked in view of her child. The mother is planning to file a complaint with the police department about (Eryka’s nakedness lol). She says that she was at Dealey Plaza on March 17, 2010 (celebrating a birthday) when the video was shot. They are even doing a poll asking if people are offended by the video. But this video was not shot in front of a green screen. Here is a direct link to the story. http://www.myfoxdfw.com/dpp/news/032910-singer-strips-naked-on-dallas-grassy-knoll-in-new-video. If the link does not work go to http://www.myfoxdfw.com click on the entertainment tab and the story will be there.

Not that I watch Fox News, this came on after American Idol and I could not find the remote!!!

2 Pingbacks

[...] obvious — even though everything below her waist is blurred throughout the entire video. Peep her site for the full [...]

[...] Seat” video about whether her badonkadonk is actually authentic. Some are convinced that her donk is digitally altered, while others simply have given Erykah credit for adding a few curves after dropping a few [...]