Why can't tennis superstars Venus Williams and her sister Serena Williams show some respect for their fans and cover themselves up? This is what Venus chose to show up in for her first round tennis match at the French Open on Sunday.

Even though Venus is wearing sports shorts in the above picture, it doesn't appear that way because she deliberately wore a nude color material to blend in with her skin. Then there's her black, lace tennis garment with red trim that looks more like a Victoria's Secret corset than a tennis dress!

Doesn't the World Tennis Federation have a dress code for tennis players?

With all the controversy surrounding Venus's black, lacy, faux see-through outfit, it almost went unnoticed that she beat Switzerland's Patty Schnyder 6-3, 6-3 during their first round match of the French Open tennis tournament at the Roland Garros stadium in Paris on Sunday (May 23).

While some athletes choose to let their talent shine through, Venus and Serena consistently choose to show their azz on the tennis court! Didn't they get any attention from their parents when they were growing up?

Photo: Getty Images

• Anna

I have to admit that I am tired of her wearing bedwear to her job.

• http://myspace.com/necee518 yvonne79

Regardless of their attire, the Williams sisters still kick butt in tennis :coffee:

• LaTechGrad02

House of Dereon sportswear? jk Not feeling the outfit, I'd want people to remember me for my talent and not my outfit.

• dallas214

As much as I applaud people for standing their ground and marching to the beat of their own drum, I think Venus is wrong as hell for this. I mean, this is why white people talk about us....Venus appears to be wearing lingerie.....i mean its a tennis match, you would think she is about to get her back blown out....and to top off, nube boy shorts....smh

Sidenote.....oooh that a$$ looks right tho!! lol...i had to say it! yall were thinking it too

• FloridaChick813

The lace is a bit much, but you cant deny their talent!

• LadyLew

I'm agreeing with Sandra on this. That's just tacky!

• FloridaChick813

Sidenote…..oooh that a$$ looks right tho!! lol…i had to say it! yall were thinking it too

:yes:

FloridaChick813 says:

MS TRUTH!!!!! Hey mama (waves)

i was lerking for you on FB this weekend, but came up with nada :shrug:

• http://myspace.com/necee518 yvonne79

Anna says:
    I have to admit that I am tired of her wearing bedwear to her job

FloridaChick813 says:
    The lace is a bit much, but you cant deny their talent!
    ------------------
    I couldn't agree with you more. Could you imagine how the dynamics of the office enviornment would change if we all came to work in lingerie? I understand the Williams sisters have an indiviual style and taste as it pertains to what they want to wear during the tennis match however can we be a bit more professional? A little more conservative?

• iciaantica

I must sayy those two are ugly!!I watch tennis regularly and they look silly compared the other women when they come out in those "costumes". Not going to take anything from their game though cause they hold the top two spot in thw world tennis rankings.

• Lala11_7

I'm with you on this Auntie...

I just CAN'T...I mean, I don't even CARE that she's one of the best that tennis has to offer...her and her sister and THOSE WORK ENSEMBLES?!?!

No...just a WHOLE WORLD OF NO!!!

• TruGemini

Yes the attire is fukked up :nono: BUT I don't see why it matters what she wears. The bottom line is the bish can play some tennis...period

• aqtpie

I'm not sure why she chose that outfit but it definitely wasn't because she doesn't have talent!!!

yvonne79 says:

Anna says:
    I have to admit that I am tired of her wearing bedwear to her job

FloridaChick813 says:
    The lace is a bit much, but you cant deny their talent!
    ——————
    I couldn’t agree with you more. Could you imagine how the dynamics of the office enviornment would change if we all came to work in lingerie? I understand the Williams sisters have an indiviual style and taste as it pertains to what they want to wear during the tennis match however can we be a bit more professional? A little more conservative?

We are >>>HERE<<<

I was just fussing the other day about females who come to work with their "club gear" on. H3ll, im mad at myself today wearing a dress that I think is a tad too short. Its longer then where my finger tips go on my thigh, but still, I think its showing too much leg :shrug:

• Kat

I guess she wants some of Serena's shine....

• RemieBaby

:rofl: @ DALLAS

Do Ya'll remember that cat suit Serena wore??

• http://twitter.com/mrs_truth ms.truth

I just can't with this outfit. They are lucky that they have talent, cause people would have been threw them under the bus.

Hey Flo. Send me an email, and I'll give you the info. mrs.truth at hotmail dot com

• iciaantica

*the and spor should be spots....me and these typos are getting old! lol

• http://twitter.com/mrs_truth ms.truth

She got that Mike Tyson back too! Goodness!

• http://facebook.com/Im2thick4u 2thick4u

LMAO at this outfit!!

Well it seems that Venus already knew she was going to win the match so she wanted the world to talk about something else...I hope that was her reasoning!!!

The Williams Sisters are beautiful women and I applaud them for continuing to hold the top spots in tennis!!!

• Chgoprime

I agree Sandi! Venus is always wearing some weird mess. It does seem like she does this purposely. Serena never wears nude undies. A few weeks ago she did the same thing and everybody went crazy on the tennis channel. She's doin it for attention, I never wear nude panties when playing tennis it looks too much like our skin. I ain't tryin be mistakin for a Luke dancer....

• OutsidetheBox

:yawn:

Nobody policing my clothes so... do you, Venus. :coffee:

• mzvirgo78

AWFUL!!!

• CivilEngineer

People dress a certain way to make up for what they lack...I won't say "unfortunate looking" but I wouldn't object to somebody else saying it :lol:

• lnp03

I don't know what to say about that ugly outfit. I am starting to become more and more disappointed with both Venus's and Serena's crazy antics on the tennis court. I hope they get it together. SMH

• LaTechGrad02

@Civil, LOL!

• http://twitter.com/mrs_truth ms.truth

I need a juicer topic please. I'm bored outta my mind!!!

• Cinderella

:rofl: @Civil. She has improved over the years though. This is outfit isn't cute in the least bit.

• http://twitter.com/Ms_Missy2791 missy

You cant knock the girl for having high self esteem...she looked in the mirror and obviously felt she looked fly....even if I might think otherwise can't knock her confidence....I have seen her look worse..

• meanNsurly

**singing** Dance 2 much booty n da pants!!!!

• http://myspace.com/necee518 yvonne79

@Florida: Our office just announced effectively immediately we will be a "casually dressed" enviornment vs the traditional business casual. I cannot wait to see what tomfoolery will be worn as it gets hotter in Atlanta.

• mzvirgo78

My issue with it is its not even a flattering outfit (well to some LOL). It's just plain ugly! If it were cute I'd say ROCK dat Ish!

meanNsurly says:

**singing** Dance 2 much booty n da pants!!!!

:danban:

• CivilEngineer

@Cinderella...she has but obviously she's still using Fantasia's old logic, "work what you got to get what you want" She's a great tennis player...she shows skin to get ATTENTION!

• http://myspace.com/necee518 yvonne79

RemieBaby says:
    @ DALLAS
    Do Ya’ll remember that cat suit Serena wore??
    -------------------------
    Yes, I do! :thumbsup: Ever since I saw that picture, that was my motivation to make things happen in the gym. Too bad it only lasted for three weeks.

• meanNsurly

I know this is completely :offtopic: but according to blogtakeout, Daddy Knowles is with Juanita Bynum.......WTF!!!!!!!

• http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&id=1335451522 therapist1911

Her personal choice. I don't agree with it but it doesn't stop my world. Uniformity can be boring at times. Can't walk around everyday trying to please everybody but ur damn self. So to you Venus I say.........do what makes you happy. They gonna talk anyway

• crzasallgetout

LOL @ Civil

• mirsmommy

I'm mad at that outfit, and those draws, but, the Williams sisters got GAME! :yes:

Congrats on the win, Venus.

• FloridaChick813

..booty sooo curved like you got scoliosis... :whistle:

• Negrito

That's not sexy at all because Venus is one busted looking woman. I think I need to throw up.

• Al-Ameera

Oh lord.

• KrayZKat

therapist1911 says:

Her personal choice. I don’t agree with it but it doesn’t stop my world. Uniformity can be boring at times. Can’t walk around everyday trying to please everybody but ur damn self. So to you Venus I say………do what makes you happy. They gonna talk anyway
    ------------------------------------------
    My sentiments EXACTLY!

• CivilEngineer

@Mean...really?? I thought she was in an asylum :shrug:

• Anna

meanNsurly says:

I know this is completely but according to blogtakeout, Daddy Knowles is with Juanita Bynum…….WTF!!!!!!!

~~~~~~~
    Wow.

• Champagne Wishes & Caviar Dreams

LOL Civil !!!!

• Quitta

^^ @ Anna I know crazy right.

At topic Umm, okay Venus.

Good morning SR Fam!!

• http://www.twitter.com/karazinatl KaraZ

unless she's violating some sort of dress code, I don't see why her attire is making any headlines. It's not obscene or allow for any wardrobe malfunctions, not a distraction to her opponent, she likes it, so please let the girl play and leave her be about her ugly outfit.

@ Mean, I read that:

Prophetess Juanita Bynum has signed a new deal with Beyonce's dad, Mathew Knowles, for both a joint-venture recording agreement and management representation.

BV Buzz broke news via Twitter on Sunday, May 9, that the renowned preacher-singer had entered an agreement with Knowles' Music World Entertainment for a multi-layered deal.

But they all say "its just business" -- so who's to say :shrug:

• CivilEngineer

Ohhhh it's a business deal...@mean knew exactly how to spin it :lol:

• lexdiamonz

i didn't know venus had a donk too, hell do you she just trying something new YT all hating if becky wore it, they would say it was "edgy" and avant garde bish boom bye she styling on those hoes and she kicking butt in tennis i wouldn't rock it but do you "V"!!!!!! you know the YT man in an uproar because he thought the big black booty was unleashed hell i see becky ass cheeks in tennis all the time but since it is flat nobody notices LOL!!!

• http://twitter.com/Ms_Missy2791 missy

:offtopic:

I just heard Brittany Murphy's husband is dead... :eek:

• scandalous1

When you watch a tennis match aren't you suppose to focus on the game. Who cares what the players are wearing. You bulldaggers are something else.

Could he have OD???

Wait never mind, I just saw where it says he died from "natural causes" :shrug:

• lexdiamonz

scandalous1 says:

When you watch a tennis match aren’t you suppose to focus on the game. Who cares what the players are wearing. You bulldaggers are something else.

:kona:

that was funny as hell "BULLDAGGERS" i aint heard that ish in a minute LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Anna

missy says:

I just heard Brittany Murphy’s husband is dead…
    ~~~~
    I didn't expect him to want to live. Many were pointing the finger at him.

• CivilEngineer

Not "BULLDAGGERS"!!! My dad uses that all the time!! Never understood why it's lesbun reference :rofl:

• Quitta

Nah they say he had a heart attack. That's crazy though

• OutsidetheBox

"You bulldaggers are something else"

HEY QUITTA MAE!!!!! :)

• Quitta

Heyyyyyy Flo!!! How you doing chica?

Good Day OTB :coffee: <~~ Mocha Frappe

I tried a caramel one this weekend, but its not as good as the mocha :nono:

• http://twitter.com/Ms_Missy2791 missy

Okay I had to look up "bulldagger" (don't judge me) and all I have to say is :dead: :rofl:

@ Quitta Mae-

Im fabulous dahling!!! and you???

missy says:

Okay I had to look up “bulldagger” (don’t judge me) and all I have to say is :dead:

why did a picture of Amber Rose pop up on my Google????

• scandalous1

@ Civil....i'm not sure either. I asked a couple of lesbians at this gay restaurant the other day, and I think they kinda got offended. I tried to to soften the blow by saying im not sure how "faggot" applies to gay men either. But them daggers really looked pissed. So Sandra, maybe you can answer that question for us.

• Man, I just don’t care™

I used to think the term "bulldagger" was commonly used for lesbians.
    It might be a "southern" thing.

• MissGauzzz

@civil & @lex...

yeah...bulldagger is an ole skool term for lesbun!! i say it too! lawd i know i know...so NOT politically correct! i'm dating myself... civil how old is your daddy?

• Quitta

@ Flo, I'm good can't complain. Been on lurk mode. I see u gotta FB, I think I got your email imma send you a request

• LaTechGrad02

@Sandalous1, LOL!! Stop the madness! :)

• http://twitter.com/Ms_Missy2791 missy

@Flo- :rofl: really amber rose...so when sandra says Amber Rose pics pop up when she does her research she isn't lying... :lol:

• CivilEngineer

:rofl: @scandalous...yes Sandy some incite please?

@Man...it's definitely a southern thing. My dad calls our neighbors' daughter that along with Butch :rofl: He's hilarious!

• CivilEngineer

MissGauzzz...my dad's 51

@ Quitta -

Yes ma'am! Just encase you dont have it smmrgry @ yahoo(.)com

:rofl: I tell no lies, I tell no lies :nono:

I almost fell outta my chair!!!

• scandalous1

is it a masculine woman kinda thing? I'm confused as h*ll.
    Is it the old term for "stud"?

• CivilEngineer

@scandalous...well my neighbors' daughter is real manly looking so I'd say yes :shrug: I almost called her Butch to her face before...before I learned her name :ashamed:

• Quitta

@ Flo. Ok chica.

• scandalous1

@ Civil....you better watch it. The lesbians don't mind a good scuffle. I watch them beat ass after ass on youtube. One almost put my damn eye out at a club awhile back. Trying to watch them fight, next thing you know the butch one picked up a rock and threw it. Missed her intended target and hit me. Needless to say, I never stuck around to watch them fight again.

• intensemocha

THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO HAVE A PROBLEM WITH SERENA'S BIG BOOTY ARE WOMEN WHO DON'T HAVE ONE

IF SHE WAS A SKINTY YES I SAID SKINTY BEIGE GIRL ICE SKATING WITH HER LEG LIFTED UP AND BENT TO AND FRO AND HER LITTLE BOOTY CHEEK WAS SHOWING NOBODY WOULD CARE

LOL-GET EM GIRL, THEY PLAIN OLD ENVIOUS OF YOUR AMPLE BOTTOM, AND YEP I HAVE ONE JUST LIKE THE MAJORITY OF THE WOMEN IN MY FAMILY, IT'S REALLY NOT A RARE OCCURRENCE

• intensemocha

HOW MANY OF YOU PLAY TENNIS PROFESSIONALLY??? EXACTLY

WHAT YOU WEAR TO YOUR OFFICE OBVIOUSLY WOULDN'T BE SIMILAR TO WHAT SHE WEARS

WHAT SHE IS WEARING IS APPROPRIATE FOR THE JOB SHE DOES, IF SHE HAD A SMALL BOOTY THIS WOULD BE A NON-ISSUE, NOBODY WOULD NOTICE

DO I LIKE IT OR WOULD I WEAR IT-NO! BUT WHAT GIVES US ANY RIGHT TO SAY WHAT SHE CAN OR CAN'T WEAR????

• CivilEngineer

:rofl: @scandalous...where did she find a rock?? And I get AWAY when fights break out. Niggas get killed over stepping on toes down here!

• scandalous1

@ Civil...Outside the club. Oh I know about the south. Thats where it happened at, in New Orleans. Born and raised in La..

• CivilEngineer

@scandalous...you're another Louisiana representative?!! :danban: We deep in here!! lol

• vetta

The outfit is definitely a no-no.

• scandalous1

@ Civil....mos def. I miss the "boot" so much though.

• http://twitter.com/sherita78 mizzdallas