I'll never understand the attraction of professional bullfighting. Though bullfighting is not a mainstream sport in the states, there are millions of bullfighting fans around the world who follow the sport religiously.

Most fans watch bullfighting in macabre anticipation of seeing a gruesome accident similar to what happened to this bullfighter.

Spanish bullfighter Julio Aparicio had the unfortunate luck of stumbling during his match with a bull at the arena of Las Ventas in Madrid on Friday (May 21).

Like a shark smelling blood in the water, the bull didn't hesitate to take advantage of Aparicio's misstep by charging and goring him with a horn right up and through Aparicio's chin and out his mouth.

For a few horrific seconds, Aparicio was impaled on the tip of the bull's horn and dragged for several yards before help finally arrived.

Luckily, the horn didn't sever a major artery, or Aparicio probably wouldn't have survived his ambulance trip to a nearby hospital where he was treated for internal injuries to his chin, jaw and mouth. Yuck.

WARNING: If you've already eaten and you don't want to lose your breakfast all over your keyboard, DO NOT watch the video of the goring after the break. You have been warned!

Source: TPS

• Nightshift

:shocked:

• http://myspace.com/necee518 yvonne79

Ouch! :blink:

• OutsidetheBox

I.had.to.watch.

:hurl:

• aqtpie

Sick!!!!! :hurl:

• FloridaChick813

When will folks learn not to mess with WILD ANIMALS????

Keyword: WILD

:rolleyes:

• http://www.ashland86.com TheRealAshland

Serves him right!, I don't wish ill will on nobody but, Bullfighting is inhumane, like they say you play with fire you get burnt, ... glad he didn't die, maybe people will learn to leave these animals alone. And why was there blood on the bull. I hope the didn't put the bull down because of this.

• http://twitter.com/eastpointvet eastpointvet

wow that is crazy and looks even crazier

• Quitta

Oh damn!

• SangriaSugar

Can't see the video but the pic is something else. I really don't feel sorry for him though cause they're messing with a wild animal that has horns & stabbing him wth poles!!

• qtipthecat

God don't like ugly. It is what it is.

• yerkesbabe

OMG!!!! Where they do that at?

• KrayZKat

I wish people would leave these animals alone. Leave them in the environment God put them in and not in some circus, zoo, or some bullfighting ring. This is what happens when you play with FIRE.

• mirsmommy

This is what happens when you get into a closed in area, f*ck with a big azz animal, more than twice your size, by waving a flag in its face.

• KrayZKat

OMG!!!! Where they do that at?
    --------------------------------
    Madrid, Spain.

• qtipthecat

mirsmommy says:

*******************
    Looks like he did more to the bull than wave a flag in his face. He stabbed him several time with spears. That bull was pissed and he had every right to be. Bull should have got his dumb a.s.s. right between the eyes.

• CivilEngineer

I don't feel sorry for him. This is just as bad as dog/chicken fighting...it's all animal abuse!! ***calling PETA to get that picture printed on a shirt***

• FloridaChick813

qtipthecat says:

mirsmommy says:

*******************

I was wandering why that blood is all over the bull.... Thats horrible...

• daninicole

I'm too chicken to look at the video. The still was enough for me!!!

• mrsgarcia703

Wooow, I can't believe he survived that!

• mirsmommy

qtipthecat says:

mirsmommy says:

*******************
    ________________________________________________________________________

He was stabbin him with a spear?!?! What?? I didn't watch the video. Don't they usually just tease the bulls with flags or whatever it is?? Damn, his azz damn sure deserved that if he was stabbing the damn thing.

• Anna

daninicole says:

I’m too chicken to look at the video. The still was enough for me!!!

~~~~~~~~
    I don't want to look either. It does boggle the mind what some consider entertaining. This is animal abuse.

• Quitta

Damn me to hell. But that looks like a turd coming out his mouth.

• http://facebook.com/Im2thick4u 2thick4u

Damn...before I read the story I said...his tongue is black ass hell...not realizing that was the Bulls Horn...wow!!!

I feel for him...hope he gets better and say goodbye to that sport!!

You can't fault the bull...they fucking with him!!

• http://talkingwithtami.com/blog talkingwithtami

Well thats all I needed to see today! whoosh!

• DarkChild

Ms Sandy you should have put a WARNING label on those pictures as well! OMG! I almost lost my skittles! Ewww!:hurl: I don't know if I'd want to survive that!

• Negrito

Bullfighting is part of the culture in Spain and to be a matador in Spain is like being a big movie star. They have bullfighting schools and everything. You have kids growing up dreaming of one day become a Matador. 30-40 000 people go to those bullfight arenas cheering for the Matador, you can even watch it Live on TV.

• http://chokolatemilk.blogspot.com Choco

He is so lucky to be alive this was gut wrenching

• qtipthecat

Negrito says:

**********************
    Well it doesn't make it right. Its an abuse of animals and it makes me sick. I said he got what he deserved, but since he's still alive, I guess he really didn't.

• Negrito

@qtipthecat

I see no problem with bullfighting. Who Am I to say it wrong? They've been doing this for 200 years. I find bullfgihting to be very fascinating.

• qtipthecat

To each his own. I find the abuse of animals to be extremely disgusting. Is not the torturing of animals how Jeffrey Dahmer got his start? Hopefully, he will develop a staff infection and his chin will fall off.

• http://sandrarose.com Sandra Rose

Negrito says:

**********************************************

That's the word I was looking for: Matador. Thanks! :) The matador stabs the bull several times during the match and then he goes in for the kill at the end of the fight. After they kill the bull, some matadors cut off the bull's ears as a keepsake souvenir. It's a gross sport.

• http://sandrarose.com Sandra Rose

DarkChild says:

Ms Sandy you should have put a WARNING label on those pictures as well! OMG! I almost lost my skittles! Ewww!:hurl: I don’t know if I’d want to survive that!

*****************************************

Sorry, sweetie. That thought never crossed my mind since there was no blood or guts. I thought the video was the worst of it. :)

• http://sandrarose.com Sandra Rose

Online reports say almost his entire mouth was destroyed. The bull knocked his teeth out, tore hole in tongue, hole in roof of mouth, shattered his jaw, etc. Surgeons took 6 hours to reconstruct his jaw, throat and tongue. :hurl:

• qtipthecat

@ Sandra
    I still hope he develops a staff infection.

• Negrito

That’s the word I was looking for: Matador. Thanks! The matador stabs the bull several times during the match and then he goes in for the kill at the end of the fight. After they kill the bull, some matadors cut off the bull’s ears as a keepsake souvenir. It’s a gross sport.

¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨

A lot of people think it's gross but I like it. Regarding the ears, It's the crowd and the president of the bullring who decide if you get to cut off the bulls ears or not. The ears are trophies.

If the matador does a good job he gets one ear, if his performance was very good he gets two ears and if the performance was considered extremely good the Matador will award both of the ears and the tail.

If the Matador gets more than one ear for his performance, he will then be carried out of the ring on the shoulders of his people and that's pretty cool.

Each year almost 30 000 bulls are killed in Spain so I can understand why many people can't stand it.