Usher’s Video Leading Lady Attempts Suicide

Noemie Lenoir
According to the UK’s Daily Mail tabloid, the stunning supermodel for London’s Marks and Spencer (M&S), Noemie Lenoir was found unconscious after apparently attempting to commit suicide.

Noemie and Claude Makelele

Lenoir, 30, tried to take her life by swallowing a concoction of alcohol and sleeping pills at the home of her on-off boyfriend Claude Makelele, the ex-Chelsea football star who is father to their son, Kelyan, five.

Lenoir, who is also the face of GAP and Victoria’s Secret, is best known in the states as the leading lady in Usher’s music video for his song “Hey Daddy.”

Noemie Carl Hirschmann

She is currently dating Swiss millionaire Carl Hirschmann, who is involved in a sex, blackmail and extortion scandal, and who cheats on her habitually. He used to date Paris Hilton, which says a lot about his character.

How sad. Hopefully she survives her suicide attempt and gets the psychological help she needs to help her cope with her low self esteem which contributes to her poor choices in men.

Thanks to loyal reader Kimberley M. for the tip!

150 Responses to “Usher’s Video Leading Lady Attempts Suicide”

Anna says:

Hope she gets the help she needs for the sake of her son.

attorneymom says:

Wow, she and her son are in my prayers.

shannon04 says:

Definitely..she needs to get some help. I never knew who she was but I did recognoze the face from the VS catalogs.

FloridaChick813 says:

WOW, and I thought I had it bad right… Atleast im not considering suicide :shrug:

Ima need her to get it together though, especially since she has a son to live for!

Ebony says:

:pray: for her

tampa813 says:

Reminds me of Stacey Dash and how these women are gorgeous, but on the inside something is off or missing. Hope Lenoir gets it together forreal.

Daisy says:

Bless her heart if she really did try to kill herself :pray:

If you need help ask if you see somebody needs help offer it by all means

Cowardly lion. Think of your son :coffee:

KaraZ says:

Sandra now is really not the time to be commenting about her choice in men. As a health professional you should know that sometimes depression and suicidal thoughts happen because of chemical reasons or genetics that aren’t necessarily related to lifestyle or self-esteem.

Man, I just don't care™ says:

This is the best we could come up with when talking about a video model?

Daisy says:

@karaz :cosign:

VIBABY says:

Wow, sometimes I swear you dont use the sense God gave you Sandra……

I dont know this woman from an Ursher vid. I know her from Rush Hour 3. I hope she gets the help she needs. Her son needs his mother.

ShoYaRight says:

Good point KaraZ (Post #9). As someone who claims to have worked in the medical field, you would think Sandra would know this.

Redeemed777 says:

Hopefully the light of Christ that blinded Saul ( Paul ) will shine on her and all those folks in the industry that are living in spiritual darkness.

Krysi J says:

@Vi #12

:yes: I thought of her role in Rush Hour 3 too! I haven’t seen Usher’s video, but obviously Usher’s video is not her claim to fame.

Songbird27 says:

There is always help out there! Nothing is worth killing yourself. I pray that she get her mind together for her and her baby.

crzasallgetout says:

@Karaz
    exactly.
    @OTB
    Are you calling her a coward or her looks? I’m confused. I hope not because she tried to kill herself.

Reality says:

Oh my, I hope this isn’t true. Suicide is never the answer. She’s one of my favorite models mainly cus Im French & black 2.
    She probaly knows he’s a dog(wht real man would date Paris J.), but stays with him outta “convience”, so I doubt he would be the reason.

SangriaSugar says:

I wish her a good recovery and hope that she gets all the help she needs…her son needs his mother. I always feel sorry and mad at people who committ suicide because its selfish. They never think about how they will affect family members when they kill themselves.

She is a very active model in the industry…she has been in arguments with top name designers about black models being shunned in the European market

2thick4u says:

I remember her from Rush Hour 3!!!

I :pray: that she gets well both physically and mentally.

Ms.kaylamomma says:

So sad!!! I remember her from the Usher video and thought “wow, she is gorgeous”. Please, no man is worth all this. Not saying that’s the reason she did this. Dang! You never know what a person is going through.

@CRZ
    Yes, because she tried to kill her self. Even if it was a chemical imbalance, it didnt surface overnight. It is MO that ppl who commit or attempt to commit suicide are cowards. I have lost too many friends to think otherwise.

The lion look thing was a co-inky-dink.

Buddafly says:

SangriaSugar says:
    ________________________

My cuz committed suicide last month and it hurts everyday just like it happen the very same day.

I pray that she get the couseling she needs to move on past whatever brought her to this place.

Daisy says:

@budda sorry for your loss :hug:

BROWNSUGAPOET says:

Being that I’ve experienced it first hand since my brother did it it’s easy for people to say oh they should have gotten help or they didn’t think about how it affects the families and you’re right they don’t think about all that because they are dealin with a chemical imbalance so like most of can rationalize things they can’t. I know personally growin up in the good ole baptist church if they thought you had any type of mental problems you didnt see a dr you wne to church so it’s real easy to say what people should have done.

Champagne Wishes & Caviar Dreams says:

Very sad !!!

pinksghetti says:

Glad she’s okay but that’s still sad. I hope she gets help for her sadness/depression. I heard her name before but didn’t connect her with the woman from the Usher video.

Buddafly says:

Thanks, Daisy.

She did it two days after her 29th birthday.

What hurts me is WHY??????

I ask myself What was it that pushed her to do it?

Cinderella says:

I :pray: she gets the help she needs.

Stormy says:

Yep….she needs help! And she has a son to raise….so hopefully that help comes fast! She is beautiful and has $ – just another example that $ cannot buy you happiness!

AprilRain says:

Her and her son are in my prayers…. I wonder though, since this happend, will they try to take her son away? Anyone know? Sorry to hear about that Buddafly.

ReadTheBlog says:

Suicide is a very selfish act – our lives are not ours to take! I hope she get’s the help she needs to get her through whatever is tormenting her.

Brown, mental illness is rampant in my family and I have had two family members decide suicide was the way to deal.

I just dont like it. They leave behind kids who think they didnt love them or some other ish like that. Its the most selfish thing in the world to do.

And I dont mind caring for my family at all, but I know you have an idea of how much MORE strain this adds to families who are not “all the way right” anyway.

And yeah, *eye roll* at the Church prescription.

And then @Brown, chemical imbablances, true enough, but what about selfish ass ppl who just “cant live without xyz” or ppl who want to get back at someone else…

Cinderella says:

@ Buddafly and Brown, Sorry for your losses.

KrayZKat says:

@Buddafly – I offer my condolences as well. I pray you and your family will get through it. I know it is never easy to lose anyone, but when someone commits suicide, there are so many unanswered questions.

I ditto everyone else’s comments about her getting the help she needs for her and especially for her lil man.

Ms.kaylamomma says:

@Buddafly, Brown, OTB :hug:

@buddafly, you may never know the answer to that question. :sad:

KrayZKat says:

Man, I totally missed Brown’s comment. My condelences go out to everyone who has had to deal with such tragedies in their lives. God bless you all!

eastpointvet says:

why i look and thought that first pic was a pic of beyonce

bigtyme says:

Krysi J…i agree…wasn’t she in the “exuse me miss” video too? a missy one too. she has been in a lot of stuff.

Choco says:

I feel for her looks aren’t everything and sometimes being beautiful can be a curse and I use to feel that way personally-I know how she is feeling so I pray she finds enough love for herself to not go thru with this attempt again-I pray for her recovery!

BROWNSUGAPOET says:

OTB my brother had 4 kids so I know all about having to try and explain why. My brother was extremely close to my mother so we couldnt understand why he’d do that to her but she siad she knew the pain he was in. As far as ppl who cal live w/o another person I’m dealin with a family member who goin thru that right now and it’s some serious mental issues goin on there too but i can’t speak on tryin to get back at a person but i think a lot of it has to do with mental stability IMO because that’s a huge step to take just to try and get back at someone.

ReadTheBlog says:

I get angry at those who commit suicide too. Is it that bad and you are so engrossed in yourself that you feel the need to off yourself and leave your loved ones behind to clean up after your mess? #girlbye

1-800-273-TALK

Anyone ever visit Post Secret (dot com)? Yeah, read that site and you becore that much more thankful about life.

@Budda and Brown
    Thank you for sharing your experience and apologies for your confusion and loss!

Choco says:

Also if a person is feeling that lonely and desolate sometimes they want out-sometimes the pain is unbearable and some don’t have the skills to cope with the pain-I wouldn’t call someone who comitted suicide cowardly but extremely tired of the fight!

Cinnamon Kisses says:

:pray: for her and her son. I really hope she gets help. My sister who I lost last month OD’d on pills. That’s what the toxicology report said. SUICIDE is on her death cert. I hope she gets help.

ReadTheBlog says:

OTB – Church! I say the same time. Since when did God NOT give us the ability to reason and determine that these prayes and negro spirituals aren’t enough!

I don’t know why Black folks are so enslaved to….NEVERMIND, I THINK I JUST ANSWERED MY OWN QUESTION :-D

Buddafly says:

Thanks guys,

I thought she was getting the help she needed as she checked herself
    into the hospital two weeks prior the the events.

I know I will never get the answers to all the questions I have, Only her and God knows why.

*nods* @Brown. I agree but you know what? I am so glad the internet is busting up and threw Black ppls (cause they my people) lives. When we know better, we do better.

Even when I shouldnt have known better, I knew that the Preacher and Deacon wasnt going to “fix” Cousin Beverly Ann’s spells! But thats where they took her: church.

Used to be no mental illness in the Black community; only YTs were crazy. Thank God these “thinkings” are going away.

BROWNSUGAPOET says:

RTB anger is a natural reaction. I was very angry because I saw the pain my mother was in but when you have a person that has a chemical imbalance they don’t think rational like we do.

@RTB, my head big, but really there is only room for one! Get out! :lolol:

SangriaSugar says:

@ Buddafly…I’m sorry to hear that. I will keep you in my prayers.

@ Brown…it is easy for people to say that they should have gotten help because it is easy for people to get help. I’m not talking about a doctor with a PhD…it could be a friend, a chaplin/pastor, a help-line, and first and foremost God.

For school I have had to do a lot of case studies and the ones that involve suicide get to me because reading the letters from family members and seeing the videos literally hurts…they will always be left with the questions: Why? What could we have done better? Why didn’t he/she talk to us? Why did mommy/daddy leave? Do they hate me? These questions and more are why I consider it selfish.

I’m not talking about chemical imbalances/mental conditions I’m talking about people who rationally only think of themselves.

SangriaSugar says:

@ Brown, Budda, and CK :hug:

Buddafly says:

@ Brown,

Although my cuz didnt have any kids. Her newphew died from SIDS she handled the funeral along with her parents, even sang at it and I think that played a major role in her doing it. She said “She never knew life would be this hard”.

My condolences to all who has lost a love one this way its hard.

Buddafly says:

Nephew**

Ms.kaylamomma says:

Oh Cinnamon Kisses :hug: :wails: I’m so sorry. How are her kids doing?

Ms.kaylamomma says:

:wails:

BROWNSUGAPOET says:

I swear to God if I get one mo hug!

Ms.kaylamomma says:

Let me try this again: :wail:

SangriaSugar says:

@ Brown…fine I’m gonna take my hug back

**bottom lip hit the floor pouting**

Daisy says:

I don’t knock those who seek spiritual gudiance cause God is good and all some ppl need to be delievered from their issues others do need professional help as well and I support that as well.

@brown thanks for sharing

Cinnamon Kisses says:

:hug: @ brown I kid I kid :lol:

@ mskay…….the two younger ones are very sad. The oldest she is going through it. She’s fine one minute the next she is all over the place. Only thing we can do is console her and make sure someone is always with her. Shyt is really sad.

chase says:

Wow what a shame I remember her from Rush Hour 3…

Such a shame and my condolences to those who have lost their loved ones to suicide.

I know how it feels I had a friend who killed himself as well as a cousin who was killed in a murder suicide. It is a very hard thing to go through especially if your questions are never answered.

I hope she gets the help she needs!

Just remember when you think you have it bad there is someone who has it even real bad!

qtipthecat says:

My sister says she gets the feeling to do this at least 4 or 5 times a year. I feel it is a selfish decision as well because it really does hurt the people you leave behind. I pray for her every day that I don’t get that phone call. I spoke to a chaplain about it and he told me the next time she brings it up, that I should call the police on her.

@Chase
    I don’t want to pry or seem rude but the cousin who died in a murder suicide what was their sex male or female?

Smokie says:

I mean, damn. The easiest thing to do is KILL YOURSELF. Just go somewhere where no one will discover you anytime soon and DO IT. I mean goodness… she wanted to be found. She wasn’t bout it, bout it.

Jessie says:

Get well soon Noemie. Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. No relationship is worth you leaving your son as an orphan. Be strong. Trust God to work out all the kinks in your life and concentrate on you and your son. No one can love, nurture and educate him like you can.

ReadTheBlog says:

Smokie, more wome use pills because they don’t want anyone to find them ‘looking bad’.

Most men use guns cause they don’t give a sh*t. However, it is said that when a man takes pills or hangs himself, it’s cause they’re hoping someone will find them in time.

Ashley says:

Poor thing. Definitely put this young woman in my prayers. I hope she can pull through her stuggles and surround herself with the right individuals to help her through this.

ReadTheBlog says:

Even in death some women are vain – again that goes back to that selfish factor. :nono:

ReadTheBlog says:

She was in that James Bond movie too…

BROWNSUGAPOET says:

CK my sisters and I participate in a walk every yr the American Foundation for Suicide Provention has and it helps alot just being around other people

ggouch says:

Hey FAM!! HEY BROWN: GUESS Sandra didn’t bother to forward you my email…but ok…

My heart goes out to this young lady. I have despear before…but never to the point where I would actually act it out. It is a dark and sad place to get to the point that you feel absolutely no way out.

This weekend I watched a very interesting movie that touches artistically on life and death. What Dreams May Come, featuring Robin Williams. EXCELENT FILM. It provoked a discussion amongst my family about “What would your heaven look like”….most of us couldnt articulate what our heavens would look like. It told us..that we are not ready to go there…cause we simply couldn’t imagine heaven.

Cinnamon Kisses says:

Thanks Sangria.

ReadTheBlog says:

I don’t think anyone was knocking anyone seeking God’s help, Daisy. :rolleyes:

As embarassing as it is, some people are just that FUBAR that they need medical attention. I would like to think that the ‘laying of hands’ might sometimes include a rx pad, a pill, or a straight jacket or padded room or something if it may preserve one’s life or the life of others who may be affected.

Case and point, there was a Christian Scientist chick here suffering from TB, cause she was so sure her prayers would aid in her healing. She dead now. :shocked:

chase says:

@ choco…. It was a female her ex killed her and himself and wounded her new boyfriend. This happened years ago about 20 or more… He was very abusive and no one liked him at all.. They had a son and everything calmed down the judge ruled that the son go live w/ the ex boyfriend’s parents because there would be kids around that he could play with.. It was very heartbreaking, I have not seen the son since…

BROWNSUGAPOET says:

rtb that’s not always the case because my brother hung himself when he knew his wife wouldnt be home

SANDRA CAN YOU PLEASE FORWARD ME GG’S INFO

@Chase
    Im so sorry to hear that my uncle was set up and murdered by his girlfriend and her beau years before I was even born my mother to this day denies he committed suicide which is what the story was back then – for some reason when you mentioned murder suicide I knew the female was the victim in this case-her spirit is here and watches over you and her family she’s a beautiful light and she’s alright now!

Man, I just don't care™ says:

@CHASE

Is that YOU in the avatar? If so, you fine as hail.

gypsyeyes says:

ggouch says:

Hey FAM!! HEY BROWN: GUESS Sandra didn’t bother to forward you my email…but ok…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    This is my all time favorite movie. It answered so many questions for me. It is a beautiful story. More ppl should watch it and interpret their own meaning of life, loving and Heaven/hell.

Daisy says:

My eyes are bigger :rolleyes: right back :D #carryon

Cinderella says:

My Mom works as a Mental Health nurse and from what I’ve learned from her, the patients’ families are usually the “selfish” ones. Some of them are so concerned with their own feelings, they don’t consider the patient and what they are dealing with. My mother doesn’t just provide medication but also an open heart and ear. Often times patients tell my mother things they haven’t told their own families. Sadly, the compassion she gives them, they’re not getting from their families.

Jessie says:

I just read an online article that said Dana Plato’s son committed suicide. Dana Plato played Kimberly on Diff’rent Strokes and she committed suicide 11 years ago. Her son was depressed because of the upcoming anniversary of her suicide. So, you see, even 11 years later, the decision of one person still is affecting others. Sins of the mother…

flsun99 says:

I also agree taking your life is an selfish act.

@jessie
    When did her son commit suicide they also say depression is genetic I think Dana suffered from that as well…

SugarPieHoneybunn says:

I hope this lady gets the help she needs.

Sometimes suicide is selfish, other times people dont think anyone wants them around so they kill themselves. Most times embarrassement has a lot to do with it.

Some people choose to live their lives for other people. They get so wrapped up in this person, whether its a romantic relationship, their mother, their father, or a child that they are overly obssessed with because they have spent so much time and make so many sacrifices for them or to be with them. Instead of moving on like normal person do, they can’t let go. They start to wonder whats wrong with them and why they keep getting sh*tted on in life.

Putting all your eggs in one basket is never smart. Living your life to please someone else is never smart. Letting how someone else feels about you determine how you feel about yourself is bad business. Killing yourself because you are going through a difficult time is tragic. Never forget about the people that DO love you and if you dont have them, know that you always have GOD. Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

ggouch says:

@ Gyp: It was an EXCELLENT Movie!!!!!! I have watched it at least twice and each time I have taken something different away. It is a beautiful story and I agree that everyone should watch it. As I stated it provoked interesting dialoge amonst my family. What Dreams May Come, was refered to me after I watched Lovely Bones (a great movie as well)

ggouch says:

crzasallgetout says:

@Cinderalla
    I was thinking the same thing as what your mom said. Sometimes people don’t have friends or family to talk to. People can always sit back and say what someone should’ve or could’ve done butd it’s always AFTER the fact. Were you(not you per se Cin)there when that person needed you? People make me sick!! :)

chase says:

@ Choco, thanks…I’m sorry to hear about your uncle. You are right but her spirit is definitely watching over all of us!

@ Man… Thanks but that is not me its a pic of Maia Campbell b4 the drugs.. I just wanted a pic that resembled me, with out being the real me!

mirsmommy says:

Wow, This is truly sad. I :pray: for her and her son. I just hope that this attempt wasn’t because of a damn man.

I’m sorry to hear of so many SR members dealing with suicide within their own families. I could never understand how one could take their own life. I guess some people just aren’t as strong as others. :shrugs:

@Chase
    No worries and if you really want to see her son try reaching out to him he may need you in his life right now never know….

Ms.kaylamomma says:

GGouch, are in here? Send me an email at shyishab on hotmail. Thanks chica!

SugarPieHoneybunn says:

@ Cinderella. I agree that sometimes that is the case. Some people have shadey ass family memembers that use them and leave them out in the cold when ther is nothing left.

Ms.kaylamomma says:

:cosign: @ SugarPie. You said a mouthful!! Many people struggle because they don’t feel accepted by others or may feel different than the people around them. Some people just want to fit in somewhere.

Cinderella says:

@crzasallgetout, A mother dropped off her 19 year old son, who tried to kill himself, in front of the hospital and told him to call her when he’s ready to leave. She didn’t stay for his medical evaluation to see what was going on with him. He had severe depression. When he left, he gave my mother a hug and thanked her for listening to him and for showing care and concern.

Choco says:

There are a lot of reasons ppl think about suicide not just one particular thing you become unenthused with life, the world, everything and even the beautiful blue sky all appears gray-it’s not a easy fight to overcome by any stretch of the imagination-it’s like fighting and army of negativity all by yourself with no support or understanding – DEMONS who feed off of other’s misery is a factor as well…

chase says:

Thanks again Choco…I think I will look into that, gotta do some investigating!

Princess Smarty-Pants says:

@Chase, it’s a nice pic but looks more like Megan Good.

I had a close friend commit suicide by gunshot to the face in front of his wife as she walked in the house from a rendezvous with her lover. I dont even pretend to understand.

:hugs: to everybody going through anything and feelingliek you cant tell. Sh*t, write it as blog comment under the cloakof anonymity or something but do what you need to as the life you’re effectying the most isnt your own.

mirsmommy says:

Cinderella says:

______________________________________________________________________

:shocked: Wow, and the sad part about that, is that his depression prolly began with some b.s. from his mother.

Princess Smarty-Pants says:

________________________________________________________________________

I’m ready to socks-and-soup-can this one right here….

crzasallgetout says:

wow @ Cinderalla
    See that’s why I made my statement. You just never know so I won’t sit back and judge why someone committed suicide because I’m not in that persons head.Yeah people get left behind but the person that ACTUALLY died was hurting worse.

@Cinderella
    Well with that type of motherly love I can see why her son is feeling some sort of way-Breaks my heart

ggouch says:

Ms KaylaMomma I just shot you an email

@Chase
    Please do— not tryn to get all deep and sounding crazy but a lot of times spirits come to me and when I said your cousin is a beautiful light I could feel that from her spirit so please follow up and check on her son-EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON AND GOD IS GOOD!

Buddafly says:

@RTB My cuz decided to walk thru and jump from a moving train.

None of the ppl who was on the train nor the conductor knew what happen. the motorman on the opposite track train seen her body and called it in.

Sorry if I was too graphic.

ggouch says:

Being that self preservation is an auto pilot instict,it is hard for me to understand suicide. However, I empathize with people who feel tht this is a way out. But on a more cynic level: I also know a person who pretended to be suicidal at least twice in her life, all involving getting the attention of a man. This same person also pretended to have miscarrages a couple of times…due to a man. Someone on an earler post, I believe RTB said: That even in suicide there is vanity. That struck a cord with me. That is profound.

Ms.kaylamomma says:

Ok, got it GG! Thanks!

CHARBEE1 says:

SHE IS THE CHICK THAT PLAYED IN RUSH HOUR III..I WILL KEEP HER IN MY PRAYERS…

Man, I just don't care™ says:

I don’t think there is “vanity in suicide.” I think there is a feeling of helplessness and despair and isolation. How do we get vanity from that?

@Ggouch
    Pretending to be suicidal and attempting are extremely different I will admit that suicide period is a cry for help and some form of attention seeking but the root to wanting to take your own life is much more complex…

*passes CRZA some meds* :)

Well said @Sugar… we know there are genuine cases of mental illness but a lot of it is pure-D selfishness and lack of reaching out.

Your family sucks? Well, there are 290 million more people to seek help from and some of them dedicated solely to helping you. Be proactive, not reactive.

Buddafly says:

@ Cinderella,

My cuz was the one all her friends came to with their problems she was that listening ear. At her funeral so many young girls got up there given testimony as to how they always came to her with their problems, she never complained or said she had any.

I think many members of my family was embarrassed by what she did. She lived in the projects and everyone knew she killed herself.

ggouch says:

@ Man. I hope I am not misquoting…someone mentioned that in an earlier post. I understood it. I can see that…..I can see how vanity can come into play:Killing yourself over a man or to get a man or woman’s attention…is that not in some small part vain?

Man, I just don't care™ says:

@BUDDAFLY
    “…she never complained or said she had any….”
    _______________________________________________________________________________

did anyone ask? Might have been a problem she was embarrassed to talk about.

**not tryin to throw salt… just sayin**

Man, I just don't care™ says:

@GGOUCH
    “I hope I am not misquoting…someone mentioned that in an earlier post. I understood it. I can see that…..I can see how vanity can come into play:Killing yourself over a man or to get a man or woman’s attention…is that not in some small part vain?”
    __________________________________________________________________________________

No. I think it is far from “vain.” I think it has more to do with a feeling helplessness. No matter what, you can’t make someone love you, the way you love them.

Some people just can’t handle that. I don’t see how that relates to vanity. :shrugs:

crzasallgetout says:

:rofl: at OTB girl bye. But thanks for the meds. :)

crzasallgetout says:

did anyone ask? Might have been a problem she was embarrassed to talk about.@Man

And most times than not no one did ask.

Buddafly says:

Hey Man, I’m not taking it that way-I understand.

Not any of the “friends” her and her sister had a falling out over the problems. She lost her job and became depressed then the baby died so it was a lot going on at the time.

When she checked herself into the hospital we all thought she was getting the help she need. she came home for her bday April 7th and on April 9th she jumped.

Man, I just don't care™ says:

@CRAZY AS ALL GET OUT
    “And most times than not no one did ask.”
    ____________________________________________________________________________

Nope. And most of the time they “cry out” for help in some way that is missed or ignored.

Most people are too ashamed to outright say
    “I think I want to kill myself.”

Sadly, they are called “selfish” after they’re gone. SMH.

Buddafly says:

Man, I just don’t care™ says:

Most people are too ashamed to outright say
    “I think I want to kill myself.”

Sadly, they are called “selfish” after they’re gone. SMH.

_____________________________________

True, I dont blame her I just wonder…..

crzasallgetout says:

@Man
    Sadly, they are called “selfish” after they’re gone. SMH.

Amen!!

qtipthecat says:

Man, I just don't care™ says:

@Q TIP THE CAT
    “So how do you know when someone is seriously going to commit suicide. My sister has been talking about for years, everytime something goes wrong in her life. I take her seriously, but in my head I am like, “Here we go again”. But honestly, I don’t ever want to be wrong.”

-TAKE HER SERIOUS. No matter how light hearted she tries to make herself seem. ALWAYS take her serious.

-TELL HER YOU ARE TAKING HER SERIOUS. That MIGHT be her “cry for help.” Ask her if she really feels that bad and what you can do to help.

-TELL SOMEONE ELSE. The more people involved the better.

#Wheredeydodatat

@Qtip
    Google Nami and find a local chapter in your areasince they specialize in the different types of mental illness. they can let you know the best direction to go in

@Qtip
    She is serious when she says that by the grace of GOD something stops her from doing the actual act but if she says it everytime something goes wrong in her life you can bet she is getting tired of life….

@OTB
    The reason it’s not really selfish becuz a person thinking and doing this is obviously sick and not thinking rationally – can’t really be held accountable when your mind is not right…

@Choco…Oh, yes they can. We will agree to disagree.

@QTip. She may be serious. You never know, but be proactive not reactive. Get your other family involved. Maybe the shame *side eye @Man* will help her fix the issue or stop toying with you. How selfish of her to hang that over your head. She’s still alive so I can call her selfish right @Man?

Man, I just don't care™ says:

@OUTSIDE THE BOX
    “Let me get this right…I need to ask and when you dont tell me and check yourself into the hospital and they let you go and you still dont try to talk to me or tell me something is wrong or when I have told you repeatedly that something is wrong and you keep telling me to mind my business and you kill yo’self anyway and the family have to pay for the funeral because you didnt have any life insurance and get the kids in counseling and to see their “other side” who you could care less about *deep breath* I STILL DONT GET TO CALL YOU SELFISH?”
    _______________________________________________________________________________

No… No you still don’t get to call them selfish because they aren’t.

BROWNSUGAPOET says:

the shame will probably send her over the edge

@OTB
    Flip it and yes we will agree to disagree but are you selfish becuz you can’t see that they were obviously going thru something so intense…I get your frustration believe me I do but I’ve have been low in my life and even had thoughts of it but I pulled myself together one time I really couldn’t cope was when my father died I just thank GOD he got me thru it – becuz I myself did not have the resources to do so and was to prideful at time to admit the anguish I felt so I don’t think that made me selfish I think and now I was at a very weak point in my life…

@Brown
    Yep if a person does it once and does not get the support and help needed they will attempt it again…I hope the shame doesn’t send her over but being rescued for the second time after being unconscious she will get that it is not her time to go and stop trying to force it-for her soul’s sake!

SangriaSugar says:

My mom suffers from depression…when my grandparents died it got really bad…they died within 3 months of each other. About 3 years ago she told us that she had thoughts of suicide at that time because both of her parents died. She said the reason she didn’t go through with it is because she would be taking away the only parent that her children knew. She wasn’t worried about us being taken care of cause she already has that handled but she didn’t want to put her children or her family through that heartbreak. She said it would be “selfish” of her to literally ruin her children’s lives. So she went out and got help because she knew she needed it and suicide was not the way.

Now as I said before I extend the title of selfish to those who rationally see suicide as an out rather than opening themselves up and getting out of their self-imposed box of “Woe Is Me.” People who suffer from mental illness do not fall into the selfish category.

BROWNSUGAPOET says:

QTIP the last thing you wanna do is to try and make her feel guilty for the way she’s feeling. If she’s already feeling alone, depressed or hopeless and you do or say somethin to make her feel guilty then that’s gonna magnify the way she’s feelin so she may get in her head “i should go ahead and do it” and the last thing you want is to be stuck with a lot of what if’s like me and my sisters were because that’s somethin you have to live with the rest of your life

“My sister has been talking about for years, everytime something goes wrong in her life.”

Did we read the same thing? Tha sounds like a refusal to learn how to deal with problems. Every life has problems. Probably 5 major stressful events a year. Enough to make you want to kill yourself…but what about that is okay for her to keep ignoring it all?

She does not know how to deal with issues, hence the declaration of suicide “everytime something goes wrong in her life.”

But her sister shouldnt say anything cause what now…? *confused**

@Choco…maybe I am not making myself understood, I have a habit of that…but my feelings are kind of…cynical (?)

I can see that you are going through something intense. I still reserve the right to call your ass selfish if you did not seek help and left your family with more questions than answers.

“People who suffer from mental illness do not fall into the selfish category.” -SangriaSugar

KaraZ says:

I don’t see people who commit suicide or consider suicide as selfish. I see them as sick people who need help.

We don’t blame anyone who has a cold for sneezing nor do we blame the child with chicken pox for scratching. The world, especially those in communities of color, need to pay more attention to mental health issues. Sometimes all it takes is someone to talk to them and check in on them, other times it takes medication and hospitalization. Let’s start encouraging each other to take care of mind, body and soul and stop ridiculing or castigating others for not being mentally healthy.

I hope that everyone who is on here who might be finding life hard to deal with right now will seek out the help they need. Needing help doesn’t make you weak or a coward, it just means you’re human and alive.

BROWNSUGAPOET says:

They need to get to the root of the problem. I feel like I’m d@mn near goin thru hell right now but I dont wanna kill myself so they need to find out why she’s feelin the way she is

BROWNSUGAPOET says:

oh well I’ve had enough of this today so yall have a good one

@OTB
    You are making yourself clear you are a person of strong will not everyone is like that – When a person is thinking of suicide honey they may well be past the point of getting help it depends on each situation and how long that person has been sick the reason I keep dialoguing with you about it becuz I think you are under the impression that suicide is black and white and it’s not girl a person feeling hopeless is a serious problem not a selfish one…but I hear you I really do.

@Brown
    Yes getting to the root of it is a long ardous process also but I had to do the same to get my head right…sometimes that can backfire it just depends on how long the person has been feeling that way…

I def. dont think it is black and white @Choco…for instance, I support medically assisted suicide for the terminally ill.

Most people who commit suicide don’t want to die. They just want to stop hurting.

@OTB
    Oh okay I agree with that but with what you just admitted a person who can’t stop the pain or know how to can’t be called selfish for their agony…
    Anyway how does that make you feel really curious like helping someone take the pain away?

OTB
    Im about to be out didn’t want to be rude and seem as though I left you hanging but if you don’t mind I’m interesting in hearing more about your field of work…perhaps we could continue tomorrow?

qtipthecat says:

Thanks everyone for your advice. I really am the only one who talks to my sister anymore as she has pretty much alienated herself from the rest of our family. Our family is pretty jacked up, which has a lot to do with why my sister acts the way she does. So I could never shame her into anything anyway, because she really does not care what anyone thinks about her. I do take her serious every time, but I am growing very tired of it. I keep telling her to count her blessings and not her sorrows but nothing works. It is what it is.

Buddafly says:

@ KaraZ comment #138

:claps:

SANDRA CAN YOU PLEASE FORWARD ME GG’S INFO

***********************************************

I forwarded it to your email on file. The af.mil one. If you have a different email, send me the new one.

2 Pingbacks

[...] View original post here: Usher's Video Leading Lady Attempts Suicide : Sandra Rose [...]

[...] Usher’s Video Leading Lady Attempts Suicide [SandraRose] [...]