We Know Wale is Homophobic, But is Drake Homophobic Too?

Thanks to my loyal Canadian reader Kali for sending this video in. I bet this is one video Drake hoped you would never see. It clearly illustrates just how homophobic the Canadian rapper really is.

Drake may or may not be gay, but his actions sure are.

At the 1:21 mark of the video, the dreaded rep for 1LOVETO blog (who was on tour with Drake) reaches for the rapper’s arm in a playful gesture (frame 2). Drake embarrasses the poor guy by yanking his arm back (frame 3) and asking “why are you linking arms with me, man?”

The brief look of sheer surprise on the poor guy’s face is priceless! And Drake’s giggling after his immature defensive reaction is indicative of his homophobia in response to being considered the gay rapper from up north.

Watch the video and read Kali’s email after the break!

Hey ms. sandra,

love the blog, avid reader and follower from canada (tdot) since 08.. and either you haven’t opened registration since then, or I’m just missing those windows when you have! lol.

just thought I would pass along this vid of some homies from tdot on tour with Drake and at the 24second mark you can definitely see Drakes insecurities in regards to his sexuality. lol The dread in the glasses I know personally and is VERY straight. lol as you can see he was kind of shocked that Drake would even react that way to something that he wasn’t even paying attention to.

keep the blog coming! love the new format/layout

Kali

55 Responses to “We Know Wale is Homophobic, But is Drake Homophobic Too?”

mirsmommy says:

:rofl: Drake, you was dancing behind him like he wanted to :hump: on him, so why you embarrassed that he locked arms with you. Drake, if you :gay: , just say you gay. :rofl:

mirsmommy says:

:oops: Sorry Sandra

Man, I just don't care™ says:

Does anyone really care about Drake?
    Would anyone really care if he is gay?
    Would anyone be surprised if he “came out?”

This has GOT to be a very slow news day.

Cinderella says:

What’s up with these letters/emails from loyal readers? They are always stupid and make no sense. This is whole gay rapper debate/speculation has gotten real old.

LadyLew says:

Yall reaching! U and ya loyal reader. They both laughed and he hugged him afterwards.

missy says:

I love to see Drake dance it always puts a smile on my face how much rhythm he lacks…It didn’t look that bad…and this story is reaching….

And if he linked arms you would say he is GHEY…..But the dance behind the dude…YEA DRIZZY show the ladies how you working it….

LaTechGrad02 says:

Am I missing something, the video is 1:20, but something happened at the 1:21 mark?

mzvirgo78 says:

He just appeared to be acting silly and immature. That’s all I got from it.

iscream says:

:rofl: @ Sore THUMB :rofl:

But uhm, I just heard on the radio that since the 1970′s the FDA has a lifetime ban on gay men giving blood. :eek: I never knew that. They say if you have sex with a man once your done. But women don’t have this same ban on them.

I said what’s next? “They say” AA women have the highest HIV rate. So will they ban them next?

Man, I just don't care™ says:

@ISCREAM

Aren’t lesbians less likely to pass STDs to each other?

KK76 says:

@Isc- how is that possible? They don’t ask sexual orientation when you donate blood :shrug:

Mother Jefferson says:

Just when I thought Sandra was laying off Drake, she comes out of left field!

Redeemed777 says:

T.I. musta bumped his head talking bout this guy will sell 500K records in the first week.

Nobody is checking for drake….

…wale
    trey songz
    cb
    bowwow
    gucci

Daisy says:

@isc I knew that about the blood I use to give blood all the time

They do ask abt sexual behavior or something when u give blood its been yrs since I donated but I rememba a question that I figured they were using to determine who was gay

I didn’t read this post but I am about to listen to drakes song feat Jay z

Redeemed777 says:

I wish lil wayne was on the list above too, but unfortunately he isnt.

Hopefully, they don’t call him for a Larry King interview when he gets out.

Cinderella says:

I gave blood a few years ago and they asked a ton of questions before they got started. They asked me if I had with a man who sleeps with other men. They also asked if I had been with a man from sub-saharan Africa.

starstatus says:

I would hope they ask about sexual behavior before giving an std test and the reason behind sex between a male is because of the statistical evidence of it being easier to contract diseases during male homosexual sex.

Drake seems a little funny in my opinion. funny weird, or funny gay- I don’t quite know yet.

7th Ward dinner_thief says:

HAS ANYONE EVER SEEN A BABY PIGEON?

Ebony says:

@ Man

I care about Drake, he’s becoming the mascot of gay rappers. Soon they’ll all be coming out the closet :coffee:

iscream says:

@ Man

That’s not the point. Its discrimination. Just because a man is gay doesn’t mean he is HIV+ . I can see the ignorance back in the 70′s but we have come a Loooonnnggg way since then.

@daisy5730

I don’t donate blood so I never knew thay asked you those type of questions. Its sad.

meanNsurly says:

Yeah “We” cant donate blood which is absolutely ridiculous to me! Me being a black gay man can’t seem to catch a break from all of the false rumors and lies that our country and “black” ppl have contrived. I tried to donate blood during 9-11 and was refused by the Red Cross. It pisses me off. So honestly I went to another blood donating company and lied on the application in order to donate blood. I’m STD, HIV, and drug free (which they still test the blood before giving it to patients and will contact you IF something comes back during the tests) BUT I can’t donate blood because I’m gay. WTF!!!! I was unaware that my blood is different than straight ppl. With a shortage of blood, why would they discriminate against me stictly because I’m gay. Its sad that we still live in a world like this. I understand the stigma that gay ppl indulge in risky activities but so do straight ppl too. A look no futher than Tiger Woods, Jesse James, and all other men/women that cheat on their partners with others to prove my point. All activities (with a condom or not) is risky!

iscream says:

@ MeanNsurly

I didn’t know you were a gay man. (Not that there’s anything wrong with that). That’s terrible that they turned you away. SMH.

But uhm what rumors have “black” ppl contrived. Are you black?

Daisy says:

@mean how old were u when u came out? I agree all blood shld be and is tested for HIV anyway so I don’t see why gay ppl can’t donate. I mean the news makes it seem like every other person in DC is infected and I am sure they still have blood drives/banks. I just hate ppl are still being infected given all this education n knowledge. I hate to hear abt married ppl being infected.

@isc I gave blood in high school being doing it since then I hate getting my finger pricked to see if I am anemic *OUCH*

Yep @Mean. This country does nothing but go from bullying one minority group to the next…

The Gays…the Mexicans in Arizona…that was (and still sometimes is) Black people…

meanNsurly says:

Sorry yall but the blood thing pisses me off! Although they ask a number of questions ranging from drug use, tattoos within a certain time frame, and also if you have been outside to different countries before they get to this question BUT if you say yes you have had sex with a man EVER, then the application is over EVEN if all the other answers are NO. I can be an organ donor but can’t donate blood. :wtf:

AprilRain says:

Sandi says: Nowadays, with rappers feeling increasing pressure to prove how hard they are, a soft creampuff rapper like Drake stands out like a sore thumb!
    ************************

LMAO!!!!

CivilEngineer says:

I stopped donating blood when I bled out after the nurse pulled the needle out :no: I don’t like seeing my blood outside my body :lol:

They do ask a million questions about your lifestyle. I don’t think gay men should be discriminated against, the blood is tested before ever being used. Ignorance…

On topic: :yawn: who cares about Drake?? His new album should be good though

crzasallgetout says:

:( For Mean!! I knew they asked the questions but never thought about the reason why. I gave blood once in high school.

@Daisy
    I thought I was the only that hated the pricking of my finger. That hurts for hours. lol

Lady_L says:

hummm… sigh….

crzasallgetout says:

@Lady_L
    Who is that in your gravi?

Silhouette says:

I learn something new everyday. If I am in need of blood I don’t care if the person that gave was hetero or homo. You can get HIV from a straight person infected blood just as easily as you can from a gay persons infected blood. If people just do they damn job and screen the blood like the are supposed to it should not matter where it comes from. How many straight people they let give and had to discard the blood vs how many gay people who they turned away and wasn’t infected. :mad:

meanNsurly says:

Yeah I’m a black gay man. I’m 25 will be 26 in June. I came out when I was 19 while in college. That was the best thing I ever did. I felt so relieved afterwards and my family was very understanding and didn’t disown me like other families have done to their children. The lies that I’m referring to is that ALL gay ppl are promiscious and every guy we see we want to “turn” them gay or try to hit on them. Gay ppl are usually thought of as being infected with some sort of a disease (usually HIV/AIDS) and that we are evil! Not true. The religious aspect of it is very touchy and something that I am not willing to discuss because honestly I’m still trying to get my bearings around that. I know that my GOD loves me and doesn’t hate me. I’m tired of putting a question mark where I believe God has put a period.

KaraZ says:

Drake so you can thrust your pelvis towards dude, but he can’t touch your arm? mmkay.

aqtpie says:

I wouldn’t buy his album but get that money Drake!!!!!
    I didn’t know that gay men weren’t allowed to give blood! Wow!!

Daisy says:

@mean thanks for sharing and I am a christian who believes God loves ALL of his children :hug:

CivilEngineer says:

:cosign: @Daisy…I hate when people say gay is a choice. I’ve learned enough in my years to know that people wouldn’t choose to live with the stigma that comes with being gay. If God can love all of us, why can’t we.

meanNsurly says:

Aww….thanks Daisy :hug: I really appreciate it. I wish there were more ppl out there like you that believes in love and not hate.

Choco says:

Without trying to sound offensive I think Drake’s move just proved more that he likes men

Choco says:

@Mean
    People are foolish and those who have qualms about your lifestyle should not register-it’s your life

meanNsurly says:

Thx Civil. Its hard to explain to someone that being gay is just the same as being straight. Its not a choice. I wouldn’t dare wish the hell I have been through in life just because of my Life and not Lifestyle (cause thats something someone can choose) on anyone else. I’m black (1 strike), Male (2 strikes), and gay (3 strikes). I still get stares from ppl and even back handed comments to this day. But its my way of life and I don’t let that get me down anymore. As long as my family is there and loves me I’m good!

FloridaChick813 says:

meanNsurly says:

_____________________________

I coulnt agree more.. Besides, since they test the blood anyways, whats the big dam.n deal :shrug:

FloridaChick813 says:

meanNsurly says:

Thats the same with my sons father. Although I wish he wouldv’e came out before we spent 8 years together, Im actually very happy for him now. He’s much happier than he was before, and in my eyes, thats all that matters.

I also agree with Daisy — Our God is a loving and accepting God, he loves all his children!

AprilRain says:

meanNsurly says:

*********************************************

Don’t you be sorry… You BETTA :P REACH: Screw anybody who don’t like you for who you are….And I do pray for a change…soon..

AprilRain says:

I meant :preach:

CivilEngineer says:

Homophobes are usually just…homos

crzasallgetout says:

:cosign: Who would choose such hate???

iscream says:

Ok @ mean but not all black people feel that way just an FYI. But I’m sure you know that because your family loves you just the same.

On the flip side of this: A caller called in saying he didn’t want blood from a homosexual because if being homosexual isn’t a choice and its in their DNA he didn’t want his blood tainted with gay DNA. *sigh*

Even though I know this is America am I the only person who doesn’t look at being black as a strike against me :shrug: I love black people and I love being black :heart:

Cinderella says:

I don’t like how some people think that you can “pray the gay away.” There’s nothing that can be said or done to change someone’s sexuality. No matter how hard you try.

Daisy says:

@flo does your son understand or know his father is gay if I may ask (u know I’m nosey)

@civil that’s why u are my e brother in Christ :hug:

@crz yes it hurts for hrs even days who knew such a small prick cld hurt so much

I think most gay ppl are BORN that way :shrug:

iscream says:

@florida

Were you married to your son’s dad. I remember someone speaking before on here about finding out their husbad was gay and they were at the end of their divorce but I don’t remember who that was.

FloridaChick813 says:

@ Daisy, its cool :) Im not sure that lil man understands that yet, he’s only 6. As far as I know, his dad hasnt exposed him to anything :shrug: A lot of people say “you shouldnt let your son go over there” and such comments, but really though?? Because he’s gay he’s not a good dad??? I guess they feel like if lil man see’s his daddy doing it, he will do it too.. But I agree with the previous comments, I dont think its a choice, I think people are born that way. So if lil man does end up being gay, so what!!! I will still love him and accept him for who he is. (tear) LOL

@ Iscream – I got my book yesterday :cheer:

No we werent married. We were high school sweethearts, together since we were 14-15. Thats really why I cant hold it against him. He was young and just trying to “fit in” – just trying to do what people feel is “right” – wanting to be accepted. Im tellin you though, now when we hang out, he smiles like I’ve never seen him smile before. And I know its because he’s genuinely happy!

Candi Apple says:

George Bush don’t like gay people. And we all know how stupid he is.

I just don’t like gay people (men & women) who sleep with hetero people and don’t tell them they are gay. Thats not a real relationship because someone is getting cheated.

qtipthecat says:

FloridaChick813 says:

********************************
    Awwwwww!

meanNsurly says:

@ Candi…..neither do I. Ppl need to be honest about what they like. I never once was DL. I kept to myself because I knew it wasn’t right.

H.B.I.C says:

NEWSFLASH SANDRA: Not everyone is interested in embracing homosexuality or encouraging homosexual advances. Dude should have stayed in his damn lane a straight person rejecting homosexual advances does not mean they are homophobic it means they want that mofo to know they ain’t with gay ish that the gay predator is about. Straight people have rights to damn it!