Randall Cunningham’s 2-Year-Old-Son Drowns in Hot Tub Accident

The 2-year-old son of former Philadelphia football quarterback Randall Cunningham has died in a hot tub accident, according to online reports.

The 2-year-old son of former NFL quarterback Randall Cunningham died after he was found floating in a backyard hot tub Tuesday afternoon, according to the Las Vegas Review-Journal.

Christian Cunningham would have been 3 in December, according to friends of the family. Randall Cunningham, pastor of Remnant Ministries who played for the Eagles, Vikings, Ravens and Cowboys, performs baptisms in the hot tub at his home, which is near the church.

A woman at Cunningham’s house was with several children when she found the boy at about 4:30 p.m., Las Vegas police Lt. Dennis Flynn said. She removed the boy from the hot tub and began performing CPR. Paramedics took the child to St. Rose Dominican Hospital, Siena campus, where he died, Flynn said. Read More…

58 Responses to “Randall Cunningham’s 2-Year-Old-Son Drowns in Hot Tub Accident”

Al-Ameera says:

Tragic

LadyLew says:

:( RIP Baby Christian

MzDimplez1123 says:

I hate hearing/reading stories like this.

Dang little fella. RIP.

It is so important to teach children water safety and to swim, and to watch them throughly when youre sitting.

My baby fell in a spring last year and held her breath and doggy paddled til I got to her. Her bubblegum was still in her mouth!

waterlily_76 says:

:( unimaginable

RIP angel.

Ebony says:

RIP :(

Champagne Wishes & Caviar Dreams says:

———————————————————————-

Amazing !!!!

His_Mommy623 says:

Damn…thats beyond terrible…R.I.P little one<3

pointhimout says:

wow that’s sad. sorry to hear that bout lil man and their fam.

Soulstar81 says:

R.I.P. Such a sad story.

VIBABY says:

Just tragic. Bless his little heart. I will pray for the family…..I’m sure they need it.

spongebobfan says:

Ugh. sad. to lose a child is the worst thing a parent could through. i hope it wasnt foul play.

yvonne79 says:

Sorry to hear about the baby….
    I know this is not a good time to ask this but it’s on my mind:

Why is he performing baptisms in the hot tub at the crib?
    Also, if the hot tub wasn’t in use, why wasn’t it covered?

As a parent, when you have pools and hot tubs, you have to be one step ahead of the children. Put a fence as well as a locker protective cover over it so the kids can’t get in.

Tell me about it @Dreams! At a company picnic, I was gabbing with a coworker and Ma’am was on the ledge.

I faintly hear a, “Ma!” and we the only Black folks there so I’m like *looking around* Hmm. That’s one of mine…

I look to the water, and just see my baby little plaits and barettes sinking under water (Springs are really clear…AND COLD).

I run, jump in, grab her, stick her on the side and she let out a big breath and started chewing the gum again. :/

I was :mad: , :ashamed: and THANKFUL!

I made the kids get their chit and we threw them deuces.

Ms. Thickness says:

I HATE HEARING TRAGIC NEWS REGARDING THE DEATH OF A CHILD.ALWAYS BRINGS TEARS TO MY EYES.

Ms. Thickness says:

@ OTB…I KNOW YOU WERE RELIEVED WHEN SHE STARTED CHEWING THAT GUM…THAT WAS LIKE A CONFORMATION THAT SHE WAS ALRIGHT.

Choco says:

Im so saddened to hear this story and I pray for the family to have strength during this time of need

@OTB
    That’s so good your baby girl knew what to do but you have me laughing on “Ma-that’s one of mine” to cute

mzvirgo78 says:

So sad. RIP Baby Christian

yvonne79 says:

@OTB: So glad she’s ok.

Anna says:

yvonne79 says:
    Why is he performing baptisms in the hot tub at the crib?
    ~~~~~~~
    He is a Pastor and there is a near by Church.

lakercrazy says:

stories like this make my heart break it litteraly brought tears to my eyes RIP christian and my love and prayers go out the family

lakercrazy says:

___________________________________________________________________
    i know u were scared she is so smart doggy padel go head lil mama!! my son is terified of the water and i looove the water trying to teach him how to swim but he screams his heart out that is why i keep him in the 3 feet and my lil man will not go to the pool without me :nono:

yvonne79 says:

Anna says:

yvonne79 says:
    Why is he performing baptisms in the hot tub at the crib?
    ~~~~~~~
    He is a Pastor and there is a near by Church.
    ——–
    I gathered that but I’ve never known a pastor to perform baptisms outside of a lake or the church. I’ll leave it alone … :shrug:

2cents says:

Black people please teach your kids how to swim, even if you are scared take them to your local YMCA asap, I find it horrible that alor of our kids are scared of water or die in totally preventable situationd. The younger you teach them the better.

Yes y’all. She already knew a bit because we love the water.

It took her a little while to get back to the water but she is cautiously optimistic about learning to swim during her lessons.

I still have to remind the kids that Ma’am did not “drown” tho :rolleyes:

Can you imagine? Ppl come over to get on the water slide and they like, “Be careful! Ma’am drowned-d last time!” :/

Destinee says:

My prayers go out to the Cunningham family. To be absent from the body is to be present with God.

KrayZKat says:

God bless the Cunningham family during this horrible time. My heart breaks for them.

inCredible02 says:

This is truly sad. RIP Christian Cunningham :pray: for his family.

Anna says:

2cents says:

~~~~
    I know so many kids/ grown folks who can’t swim, they don’t/won’t even take a shower because they are afraid of getting their head wet. As soon as my kids umbilical cord fell I introduced them to showers. I would literally hold them to the shower head. I taught them to swim by standing in a pool and throwing them in the water.
    This is so sad to hear.

ELove says:

@yvonne79 …
    I KNOW EXACTLY where your coming from & I CONCUR Wholeheartedly !!!!!

2cents says:

@ Anna
    yes this is unfortunate, I learned how to swim by my father chunking us in the water, but I chose to take my kids to Y so they could learn proper technique. I have so many friends that can’t/don’t swim and don’t teach their kids either so sad, on another note though I wish somebody could come out with something for black hair and swimming, I have to stop perming my daughters hair in the summer becuase she like to go swimming, and even with the braids I am afraid that the chlorine will take out her hair, any tips? And don’t say swimming caps becuase you already know lol

FloridaChick813 says:

RIP – this is very heart breaking!!!

FloridaChick813 says:

:lol: @ OTB – do you guys really call her “Ma’am”???? And I must say, you have inspired me. Lil man WILL LEARN TO SWIM THIS WEEKEND :mad:

starr says:

SAD

Oh yes @Flo We do. She makes us! LOL Sometimes the bish wont answer if you call her Eiress. Girl, I have to choose my battles wisely.

And you know you cant force lil man, but you can get him excited about it. Who does he fancy? Spiderman? Get him the trunks, the floats, all f it and say its only to be used by little boys learning to swim!

khandi25 says:

R.I.P. Christian.

FloridaChick813 says:

:lol: @ OTB

He has the trunks. But my sis suggested the arm floaty’s too!!! And he wants to learn, but he gets sooooo frustrated if he doesnt get it the first time, we usually end up in a fight :lol: When my brother taught him to ride his bike, he kept having to be like “calm down TJ, take a deep breath, no need to get sooo angry, you’ll eventually get it”… Poor thing.

prettyinpink says:

I hate hearing stories like this. My heart goes out to their family.

kimip84 says:

so sad…R.I.P baby boy…that breaks my heart

2cents says:

@Flo
    I don’t know how big your little man is, but another good option are those all in ones with the built in life jacket, if he practices with that a while he will get the technique but on a side note I am an overproatective mom and my son eventually had to tell me “mom this looks like a girl I got this now”

mirsmommy says:

This is truly heartbreaking. :sad: My prayers go out to their family.

Wow @ OTB’s lil “Ma’am”. :) Baby Girl knew exactly what to do.

I took my late Uncle’s words to heart, and I’ll never forget them. He told me when my step-son was about two, and reminded me after I had my baby, to make sure they know how to swim.

mirsmommy says:

FloridaChick813 says:

@ OTB

He has the trunks. But my sis suggested the arm floaty’s too!!! And he wants to learn, but he gets sooooo frustrated if he doesnt get it the first time, we usually end up in a fight When my brother taught him to ride his bike, he kept having to be like “calm down TJ, take a deep breath, no need to get sooo angry, you’ll eventually get it”… Poor thing.
    ________________________________________________________________

My son gets BEYOND PISSED when he can’t get things right on the first try. But his little butt is beyond ambitious. Two weeks after his third birthday, his azz was ridin his bike with no training wheels. He wouldn’t stop til he got it.

ELove says:

@kimip84
    Just clicked on Your link… VERY Nice stats & LUV the profile Pic !!!
    ALWAYZ been a fan of photography (Use to be a Practitioner — REAL…) :wink:

Anna says:

2cents says:

~~~~~~~~
    My daughters wear their hair natural/braided in the summer also. No perms.

kimip84 says:

@elove thank you :) i actually have lost weight since i updated it. i need to log on…havent in awhile

buttercup24 says:

R.I.P another baby gone too soon.

Oh this just hurts my heart and I can’t imagine how he feels. Coming home from a trip and finding out something happened to your child while you were gone is the worse feeling I know and I can’t even begin to fathom how it must feel to come home and find out your baby is dead. Lord give them strength and comfort

ELove says:

@kimip84
    Well DON’T LOOSE too much weight though (Real…)
    I’m brain-storming with some photographers NOW & we’re talking about NOTHING but All-Natural Thick-n-Beautiful… No Butt-Shots or Implants or Face-work of ANY KIND Along With some Lighting & Imagery that NOBODY is doing currently (Tight-n-Happening ISH…)

Just want to go through the Right-n-Appropriate channels so things can be done OUR WAY without ANY Interference(s) Whatsoever :wink:

kimip84 says:

@elove i like that i like that :) thats how it should be though

shannon04 says:

My prayers go out to this family. Such a sad loss.

Janay says:

Rest in peace little angle this is truly tragic my prayers/ love goes to their family !

ggouch says:

Back into the arms of Jesus little angel.

PAHairston says:

Hello All. So sad, GGouch, you said it best! God bless the family. Peace.

Shauny says:

Such a sad story RIP to the little baby. You can ask how and why to the cows come home but it wont change the fact that this child is dead. The article says the hot tub was at his home which was near the church. Who’s to say it’s not right in between both so it’s not that unusual :shrug:

My baby just turned 6 months and will be taking lessons early. My 7yr use to LOVE the water when she was younger but now if a bit afraid so she’s going back too.

Daisy says:

U can be baptized outside of the church some ppl use creeks n rivers :shrug:

:pray: to the family

Nthabi says:

This is simply the WORST news any parent could hear! :(
    RIP sweetheart.
    I taught my twins how to swim when they were 2 and a half years old -they are now 12.
    I had always known that I needed to do this, but had put it on the back burner, until a neighbor knocked on my door holding my dripping-wet son by the hand. Apparently my son had wandered off to the swimming pool area (unbeknownst to me-obviously) and had jumped into the pool!
    Even though this was the shallow end (3 ft deep only) -and my son would have been completely capable of standing up in 3 ft of water without drowning, he had panicked and was literally drowining in the water, when this kindly neighbor saw him and pulled him out!

I was VERY FORTUNATE to have this neighbor there at the right moment to save my son’s life, otherwise, the Cunninghams story would have been mine.

Parents, teach your children how to swim ASAP, not only for fun but for SURVIVAL, when the situation arises.
    The stereo-type about black people not being able to swim was once funny. But as you can see from this story, it’s not a joking matter anymore.

laterthannever says:

Noooo this is horrible.

Adorable little boy, may he rest in peace. :(