Another Eddie Long Accuser Speaks Out

Another Bishop Eddie Long accuser has spoken out about the alleged sexual abuse at the hands of the embattled pastor.

“This is a hard time for the world and you know I have no hate for anyone, because God doesn’t produce hate,” Spencer LeGrande told ABC affiliate WSB-TV. “I pray for everyone, especially Bishop, ’cause he knows the truth, he knows the truth.”

LeGrande, 22, is one of four men who claim to have been abused by the bishop. Supposedly, they endured this abuse even while they enjoyed being lavished with gifts, cars and free trips by their alleged abuser.

It’s funny that they are making their claims now, instead of during the time when the alleged abuse was alleged to have occurred.

It’s also a coincidence that the lawsuits were filed just weeks after one of the men was arrested for breaking into the pastor’s private office at the church.

I see this case being tossed to the wind by a judge — not because the abuse didn’t occur (I don’t know whether it did or did not) — but because all of these opportunists were over the age of consent when they willingly participated in the sexual encounters in exchange for cash and goods for their services.

If Eddie Long abused his power in the church, or breached his fiduciary duty to coerce these grown men into having sex with him, then he’s wrong for that.

But their willingness to participate in the sexual activity was a personal choice that each of those young men made at the time. Now they want to sue Eddie Bishop for being morally bankrupt?

Photos: Starcasm

319 Responses to “Another Eddie Long Accuser Speaks Out”

Man, I just don't care™ says:

This lawyer needs to just roll up on Tyler Perry’s next movie set for her next batch of “victims.”

Audacious2 says:

:blink:
    He looks like “Lafayette” from True Blood.

dcwife1622 says:

I hate that damn Lacefront…. :coffee:

¿¿¿ :blink: ???

Spencer looks like Hoopz.
    SMH.

Cocoabana says:

I see this story isn’t disappearing anytime soon. Again, what are they expecting to come from these lawsuits?

shannon04 says:

I’ll be glad when it all comes out. I bet Eddie has been getting it in for a loooooong time. Everybody is speculating but bj bernstein knows exactly what she’s doing and I can only imagine what other kind of evidence she has…

MissGauzzz says:

:blink: What I want to know is WHY these guys are doing interviews?!?! They have an attorney they need to walk light and play their positions. I cannot believe their attorney is on board with these interviews! I’m with you, Sandra… this case is gonna be tossed in the wind! :no: I will be very surprised if it’s not.

KsMommy says:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Money. The cash and other goods they no longer have access too. Maybe i’m a bit insensitive, but I have to agree with Sandra. What Bishop Long did is morally reprehensible, indeed. But I think the purpose of this trial to gain financial support and in the same breath humiliate the man they feel broke their heart. Just my opinion, though.

chase says:

Wow…. How u doin Spencer…

Such a sad case for all involved…

dlamonte says:

Sandra i picked that up to on the last one who came out and spoke! if you look through his words he is basically saying why have us do all these and give us all these gifts then when we stop wanting to do it then the gifts stopped to! it may have been done to them at a young age but i dont feel sorry for them anymore because they was loving it! i do feel it was wrong for eddie long to just run out on them and he should be convicted to the things he did b4 they were 18! ALL AND ALL this is just a messy situation thats not going to be pretty in the end! PERIOD!

flyqtnva says:

Im concerned about all the 14 year old boys that are in that church as we speak! Whose parents are so blinded, they cant see the truth yelling @ them!

ysoserious says:

Le Sigh at more Daddy Long Stroke drama and Sandra’s insensitive views on it. :yawn:

Fabulous City says:

Sandra are we really gonna keep track of all these accusers? People generally stop counting after the 3rd one, you know, just like the Tiger Woods story… :rolleyes:
    :yawn:

kingstonn says:

The Bishop has good taste. :coffee:

aqtpie says:

I don’t get why they are talking before going to trial. :shrugs: They can write a tell-all book afterward but they should be quiet until then!!

:rofl: @Chase

:ashamed: tho.

Thank you flyqnva. :claps:

StillASassyOne says:

Just because you are at the “age of consent”- it does not mean you are fully mentally developed, and unable to be “coerced.” I see people in their middle ages of life who get “coerced” into doing silly sh*t everyday, but nobody speaks on it just because it’s their “children.”

At 20, I was still doing simple sh*t that couldn’t NOBODY convince me was not right or not going to work out for me in the end. I had an “I know how to handle this” mindset, and I couldn’t “handle” a damn thing. So let this “age of consent” sh*t go. You’re still a dumb-f**k all the way up until about 22, (25 for most men). They were CHILDREN and it was MOLESTATION. Whether he bought them cars & houses, or cabbage patch kids & lucky charms after he stuck his penis in their jaws or not.

No matter from how many angles you try to view something and be convinced that although it smells- sh*t doesn’t stink, the fact still remains that SOMEBODY tooted their ass up and defecated there. Eddie is the “sh*tter” here.

quixotic says:

That’s what I was thinking Sandra, all of them were of consenting age when this allegedly took place so I can’t understand why they didn’t speak up then, these are not 8 or 9 yr old confused little boys they knew what they were doing at 14 who doesn’t know that it’s not appropriate to be touched in your private area by an adult especially one you refer to as your “father”. IMO it seems like when the gifts,trips & money stopped rolling in and Eddie lost interest, that’s when it became a problem.

I wonder what the mothers of these young men have to say.

:dead: Kingstonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

:dead:

lakercrazy says:

so i see this sh!t is never going to end

Val says:

Right! @ kingstonn

he definitely has a “type”. But I do agree with Sandra’s take on this issue :shrug:

Cocoabana says:

The bishop has selected some cuties @ King but I don’t know about this one!

This man needs to step down and they need to drop their lawsuits. I’m sure they got enough money & gifts for their services over the years :coffee:

What is the age for consensual sex in Atlanta? Can they even charge this man for statutory rape?

M_promp2 says:

I see what you’re saying Sandra, but he started seducing them while they were children. Kids are impressionable. He knew what he was doing and he was good at following the laws. He started his mess when they were minors believe that.

Plus, he’s acting like he’s not gay and he is against homosexuality. C’mon, this guy is a walking contradiction and manipulative liar.

Divinebrown says:

And the saga continues….

Wouldnt that be some mess if EddieLongStroke hadnt done any of this?

flyqtnva says:

I also like how in any other circumstance its fact that boys are always seven years behind in age EXCEPT in this situation! Its fact their brains develop slower and at 14 they are nowhere near as mentally developed as a 14 year old girl. I BET eddie is very aware of this!

Nhere says:

These fellas seem real. You asked why would they wait til now? I’m quite sure there was a great deal of shame felt by these guys.

If you saw a gravy train pulling in with your name and description written all over it, I’m quite sure you would pull up a plate to feast. :yes:

OHoney says:

This still ain’t over huh? :coffee:

Redeemed777 says:

” I will destine you for the sword, and you will all bend down for the slaughter; for I called but you did not answer, I spoke but you did not listen. You did evil in my sight and chose what displeases me.”

Isaiah 65:12

ready eddie better put that pride down before it’s too late.

robin says:

Sad situation all around. Is it possible that these young men are speaking out so that others feel confident coming forward and so that it doesn’t happen to guys that are much younger then they are. Will wait and see when all the facts actually come out. Weird never even heard of Eddie Long prior to this incident. Prob because I am from outside of the ATL area.

flyqtnva says:

@StillASassyOne

we on the same page, i missed ur comment!

I if you grew up with a brother or male cousin u know goodness well at 14 they was just like 7 year olds, its 30 year old men that are really 21! Thats why some of you cant find a man now they still developing! < no shade intended

Krysi J says:

LeGrande is entirely TOO fine for me to express how sick this shyt is starting to sound……ill try again later :cry:

Redeemed777 says:

This evil people, which refuse to hear my words, which walk in the imagination of their heart, and walk after other gods, to serve them, and to worship them, shall even be as this girdle, which is good for nothing.

Jeremiah 13:10

Lesb-honest says:

:rofl: @ Pastor call me daddy like ‘em Longstrokes.
    # Eddie like em cute faced lean redbone… He got dat dope dykk lets call him Pastor Dopie…he did the whole group o’ boys…selected dem from da pulpit :whistle:

mswarrior1 says:

The truth of the matter is… the only illegal thing BEL did was (if) he used the money from the church to give gifts to these young men. Then rest is all (morally) wrong.
    There was no “molestation” in a legal sense because BEL made sure they were of “legal age” to start the sexual acts.

I’m partly with Sandra on this one. I believe these boys knew they were being “gay for pay”, also caught feelings, then once the money train stopped rolling in and they found out they weren’t the only ones, they’re now out for the kill. Which is murdering BEL in the public eye, and morally lynching him. (Which should be done. What BEL did WAS wrong.) There’s no doubt the sexual relationship happened, but there’s nothing (legally) wrong.

eastpointvet says:

@quixotic
    most sexual abuse victims dont speak up immediately after something happens especially men who have been abused by men. if he can convince thousands of people to be followers of his church surely he a slick enough talker to get a couple of impressionable fatherless boys to come and do some inappropriate things and not tell anyone. but its like u locked in a spell and it takes something drastic to get you out. same thing with a woman with an abusive husband or boyfriend instead of leaving first time they convince them to stay over and over again until it finally clicks in there head one day to get out of there.

ATL_Reese says:

Laugh now, Cry later… When the real evidence come out, then we see how doing all the talking… BJ is no joke, and this is just the beginning.. Its funny how in denial some folks are, and how they so focused on the material aspect of this but not the FACT that these were minors who were abused by “man of god” who took full advantage of them…Its don’t have **** to do with the gifts.. You heard in the other interview the boys said its NOT ABOUT MONEY, they also stated that they TRIED TO RESOLVED THE ISSUE IN PRIVATE, but Bishop Eddie Long avoided them so now they just exposing the TRUTH, that’s what this lawsuit is about, EXPOSING the Monster Fake Bishop Long truly is, and preventing other young men’s lives from being ruined from this predator…Also BJ will not settle this case either.. I hope everything comes out in trial and the real evidence will show that truth..

quixotic says:

————————————————————
    You must be referring to the men YOU grew up around. If Eddie long had approached my brother with that bull he would have been sh*tting teeth.

Redeemed777 says:

Behold, ye trust in lying words, that cannot profit.

9 Will ye steal, murder, and commit adultery, and swear falsely, and burn incense unto Baal, and walk after other gods whom ye know not;

10 And come and stand before me in this house, which is called by my name, and say, We are delivered to do all these abominations?

11 Is this house, which is called by my name, become a den of robbers in your eyes? Behold, even I have seen it, saith the LORD.

Jeremiah 7:8-11

shaybytheway says:

To all of you who are not trying to hear them simply because their motive is obvious. I just want to know what is wrong with these young men putting the bishop on blast?

If these young men had of just come out with their stories on a blog site or even a book, it would be labeled gossip and rumors. A few pr tricks and it would be a distant memory for everyone. And BEL would never be held responsible in the public eye as he should be.

Doing it this way holds the bishop accountable for what he actually did. It’s not like they made things up to sue him over. Winning this court case will be a warning sign to all who even consider joining his flock.

So what these men will gain from this whole ordeal. Thats a null issue. The big issue is that in a court in front of a jury of his peer, this snake will have to recount the horrible things he did in the name of God.

shaybytheway says:

in short, paying off a couple scorned lovers to stop a major injustice to this man’s flock and vulnerable souls seems reasonable to me.

FloridaChick813 says:

:rofl: @ kingstonn

shannon04 says:

@Krysi J…isn’t he fine. :yes:

crzasallgetout says:

I can see BEL nipples! :rofl:

mirsmommy says:

crzasallgetout says:

I can see BEL nipples!
    ___________________________

That azz was horny when he took that pic. :rofl:

FloridaChick813 says:

:rofl: @ the nipples

shaybytheway says:

@Krysi J…isn’t he fine.

———————————————

he would be cute if i could get the image of him deep throating BEL outta my head :hurl:

StillASassyOne says:

This is going to turn out something akin to the Jim Jones situation with EL’s followers. Everybody’s talking about “you can’t coerce a grown ass man into…..” “They weren’t 8/9 years old…they should have known better….”

Yeah…okay – Jim Jones had almost a thousand people so influenced and under his spell that he “coerced” grown ass men & women who “weren’t 8 & 9 years old and should’ve known better” to not only drink cyanide laced kool-aid,,but to feed it to their elderly parents, their kids, their spouses and themselves. Most of the “kool-aid” drinkers were past the “age of consent” and old enough to “know right from wrong” too, but they did it.

But yet- some of ya’ll are SERIOUSLY trying to sit up here and argue that there is NO way that EL could’ve convinced these young boys to believe that it was “right” and “okay” and “expected” and “an expression of his spiritual love” for them to have sex with him?

Call a few of Jim Jones followers up via Ouiji board and see if they think it’s highly possible…..

Ace says:

The worse thing next Bishop long can do (besides admitting he tampered with these boys) is settle out of court.

I need a few question answered

Has Long straight out denied the allegation yet?

What connection do these boys have with each other? same school? neighborhood friends? or just same church?

What does Bishop Long being in incredible shape have to do with these allegations? i mean whats with the sudden outburst over his gym pictures?

shannon04 says:

@ATL_Reese ….I’m thinking the same thing. How many woman do we know that have old cell phones with history of text messages? Hundres of e-mails or explicit pictures?? When things are just peachy all people get careless and laid back not ever thinking that if things ever go wrong what type of things that other person have of you or on you. Its a mess but Im sure more stuff will come out about eddie long.

Str8Cpt says:

Those Star Trek suits are killing me softly :no:

** :pray: for new “scandal” for Sandra to blog about…**

Phrozen1der says:

@East very well said, and that’s what people are FAILING to grasp. Even @Sandra surpsingly…How many women are raped and NEVER tell a soul??? There is alot of shame in these acts being committed, thus the need to hold onto it until need be. Him getting that young boy charged might be what they needed, to finally realize the wrong in this and that he isn’t with them.How many women tear up their men’s clothing and he NEVER calls the cops! Him calling the cops was a sure sign that they are nothing to him, and that set off this chain of events.

@Kingston :rofl: one of my co-workers said that this AM…that’s tragic!

shannon04 says:

@shaybytheway……. :lol:

ysoserious says:

Hey Man, are you lurking or working?

I’ve got something for you. Double your pleasure, double your fun. :grin:

Str8Cpt says:

OHoney says:

This still ain’t over huh? :coffee:
    ______________________________________________

It ain’t over ’til the lady in Yso’s gravie sings :hurl:

FloridaChick813 says:

:rofl: @shay – OKAY!!

and :rofl: @ysoserious gravie… dammit man!!!!

coaretained says:

I :cosign: shay ( hi btw..lol) a million percent. The whole point of the lawsuit is to bring the dark to light. What better way than subpoenas, litigation and public scrutiny?

When BEL actually DENIES the allegations..not all that tap dancing,glitter throwing andhip holding he’s BEEN doing…maybe folks will see things HIS way.

@Y SO SERIOUS
    “Hey Man, are you lurking or working?

I’ve got something for you. Double your pleasure, double your fun. :D
    __________________________________________________________________________

Lil bit of both lurkin/workin.

:think:
    …”double…double my pleasure, double my fun”…
    ARE YOU DOIN A TIT SHOT?
    :thumbsup:

FloridaChick813 says:

:rofl: Is that a bag of cheetos???

That bish is H.U.G.E.!!!!!!!!!!!!

PAHairston says:

Hello All. StillASassyOne, good comparison, Jim Jones and Eddie Long. Shaybytheway, you make plenty of sense. And Sandra, you being a homosexual and all, perhaps you should feel just a little compassion for these young men? At a young age, were you not confused about your sexuality? Sounds like these men certainly are. I take my hat off to them for having the balls to blow Eddie Long out that pulpit and hopefully for good cause I sure as hell believe he’s as guilty as the devil. Peace.

**just saw Y So Serious’ gravie**
    :shocked:

:hurl:

Where are you from anyway?

It’s ladies Str8. :wink:

They’re for Man so you have him to thank.

:no:

And I love a YT bish as much as TO but :no:

nevesnanna says:

All I can say is .. Bishop Earl Paulk – Round 2 … :|

ELove says:

@flyqtnva
    The PARENTS are too busy doing the “Cross It Up” Dance that Bishop Eddie has taught them TO DO !!! :yes:

@Man… (Comment #1)
    T.P. is going to SEND HIS FAIRY(s)… Uh Umm I mean GOONS after you :nono:

CivilEngineer says:

Sad…they’re all my age, smh

His_Mommy623 says:

this shyt starting to be ridiculous…. SR are u a member of New Baptist? cus rly… we as a people STAY tearing eachother down…The nigga Eddie is pervert DEAL WITH IT!

:rofl: :rofl:

It seems my attempt at aversion therapy is working on everyone EXCEPT man. Still askin for T&A pics and shyt.

I’ll stop when Man does.

@OTB
    “And I love a YT bish as much as TO”
    _________________________________________________________________________

Me too… but only with black hair.

Str8Cpt says:

That image of him in his Star Trek suit and flammable wig is a far cry from the tight red, **** ready Eddie that we see here :blink:

Looks like he’s trying to appear all humble and chit.

LuvMySailor says:

Sandra FOOLISHLY asks why these men did not come forward earlier.

My answer is: WHO would have believed them?!?!

In this HOMOPHOIC society, where men who are abused by other men and women are seen automatically as SISSY, where could they have gone for help, considering that one accuer’s parents moved to Georgia just to go to the man’s church!!!!

Now they are older, they found the courage to speak.

Bishop Eddie Long IS the church. He got rid of his deacon board, the checks and balance of the church, years ago. He is a DICTATOR. They were probably too shocked and afriad to tell the man NO.
    Yall know Black preachers can get away with murder by their adoring congregation

Str8Cpt says:

*tight red shirt*

dcwife1622 says:

@Man

I updated my avatar and my link…just for you :wink:

ysoserious says:

Oh and I’m from the west side of Chicago.

Why? You planning on tracing my computer in an attempt to block my azz shots? :lol:

shaybytheway says:

@coaretained

hey chica :) :waves:

Bullchit. Amber?

Phrozen1der says:

@Str8Cpt you been acting up all day homie… :rofl:

m9ser1 says:

i think people whom are taken advantage of at an early age become emotionally immature… i know people that have been molested. and they suffer from PTSD… this isnt’ to be taken lightly… for someone to state that they were of age and they need to get over it has their own issues to deal with. (but then again, this may be just to start a dialogue)

Al-Ameera says:

What I want to know is, why does it keep being questioned on why they are just now coming out but no one questions Catholic people when they come out 20 years later talking about a priest touched them. Or what about the people that are touched by older siblings or family members that don’t talk about it until YEARS late.

Doesn’t anyone notice a pattern with victims and that it always takes some time to come out about it in any abusive type situation, if it even comes out at all

@DC WIFE
    “I updated my avatar and my link…just for you”
    __________________________________________________________________________

**aaaaaaarggggggh!**

MY EYES!

Curse you for that. I was gleefully anticipating an azz shot and you have that wolly mammoth linked to your screen name. I’ll get you back for that somehow.

@OTB
    “Bullchit. Amber?”
    __________________________________________________________________________

Come on. You know there is an exception to every rule. Plus
    Lesbian > hair color

:dead: @ dc

Come on guys. Join Nika, dc, and me. Together we can move mountains (of flesh).

kwall says:

————————————-
    sorry but the age of consent here in nc is diff. from the state of georgia i thought. so if **** long was in charlotte where one of the dudes say some of the acts took place…and they can prove it…

**** long is in troubbbbble (tootie from “facts of life” voice)

tesla says:

StillASassyOne…. :clap:

CivilEngineer says:

Al-Ameera says:

———————–

kwall says:

@coa whatcha azz doing on this blog sis?

:dead:

@CIVIL
    “These are black men…you know they can’t do shyt right. They were supposed to wait the customary 17 years, then tell all…#niggas”
    _________________________________________________________________________

Can’t neva do chit right.

coaretained says:

@kweezy fa sheezy

chilling…eating sammiches. :yahoo:

I been coming around a few times but me thinks I get lost in the banter. :shrug:

iscream says:

Here we go with the age again.

I’ll just say this they aren’t/weren’t even old enough to drink so go on somewhere with the clickity clack yackity yack.

speakinmymind says:

i believe there’s lies on both sides of this scandal…BEL and the young men. none of us will never know the REAL truth. and for me, someone who grew up in Decatur where BEL first started, this is waaaaaay bigger than ‘bringing the truth to light’. an entire community is being negatively affected by this mess and all the good he has done over the past 20-some odd years is being thrown by the wayside because of this scandal. that’s not to say the young men shouldn’t have spoken out but the way it’s being done makes them no better than he was for what he allegedly did to them.

and people are quick to call mega church attendees ‘brainwashed’, when not all of them are. i’m not a member of a mega church (heck, i ain’t a member no where right now…i’m a bedside baptist!) but BEL didn’t hold a gun to nan person’s head and force them inside the doors of New Birth. PEOPLE make their own choices about attending that church…whether it’s for what they consider ‘bragging rights’, networking for jobs or dating prospects, etc. like i said before, this and every other church scandal that’s come about recently should be a wake-up call for folks to focus on building their relationship with God and not worshipping MAN cuz man will fail you everytime.

speakinmymind says:

kwall says:
    **** long is in troubbbbble (tootie from “facts of life” voice)
    ——————————————
    make that a doubbbbbbbbble! :lol:

#point

*Serena Williams voice* 15 – love :rofl:

“…that’s not to say the young men shouldn’t have spoken out but the way it’s being done makes them no better than he was for what he allegedly did to them.”

*pause* :think: :no:

Victim blaming is a serious problem. I just think is a domino affect. Two brothers had the courage and here come the others…better believe there are some who still wont come forward.

#randomthought

Considering what I have to type into Google to find these marvelous pictures, I hope no one ever has a reason to search my history.

:ashamed:

SneakyBrown says:

Wow, yall goin hard on the gravatar. LOl @ ysoserious

I went to New Birth until I got my senses, Hell the 1st day we went my dad decided the fam should join. That was like in 92-93 ( he recently became a minister under bishop, late last year :hurl:) . Boy have things changed & not for the better. The man is literally like the President in the church, and many communities in Atlanta.

No one would have believed those boys. No one. Bishop is too revered, they need BJ and lots of support. They are going up against the machine. Folks have even recently begin confiding in my father. Its just sick

@ Sneaky

I’m trying to get Man to stop demanding “azz shots” all the time. It doesn’t seem to be working. :no:

supa says:

For me, the bigger picture here is that these fake church people are exposed and I am all for that. It is about time that people wake up and realize that predators are lurking all around in all forms. Like that comedian Kim said, wake up and think for yourselves. I mean really. The bottom line is that we need to stop putting belief in people and their titles and start seeing things for what they really are. We as a people can not afford any more setbacks. And to be honest, these guys’ parent/s were given hush money and I think that their parent/s aka pimps and the bishop need to punished. I mean really, what actions do you expect from young people when the people they look to to protect them is putting them in harms way. And you know what??? I am certain that if they had fathers actively around, eddie long and ppl like him would not be messing w them boys. There is a reason why he selected the way he did. Greedy, stupid mothers + absent fathers + relentless pedofile = disaster. Just saying.

SneakyBrown says:

aqtpie says:

Coming forward sooner would have changed very few people’s mind! If they had came forward during the time he was abusing them, he would still have his supporters and they would still have people doubting and calling them opportunists!!!

jazi65 says:

It’s a sad case but I can’t help but question the timing too. If they are so disgusted with his actions why did they wait so long? If it’s not about money why the civil suit. Why not just head down to the local police station & press charges? Whether the accusations are true or not, everyone is gonna need some serious counseling.

If it’s $$$ they’re after, they should’ve taken the Shannon Bellamy road.

@SNEAKY BROWN
    “Girl, “Man” is another story; I think your assumptions the other day about this character could have some validity.”
    ___________________________________________________________________________

¿¿¿ :blink: ???

Da hail??

What “assumptions” are these again?

ysoserious says:

Exactly @qtpie. Shoot R. Kelly was caught on tape and you have people to this day saying it ain’t him. The River of Denial is both deep strong for some folks.

kwall says:

Here we go with the age again.

—————————————————-
    RIGHT…just like the song I put on the Bishop’s playlist…

“Age Ain’t Nuthin’ But a Numma…Throwin’ Down Ain’t Nothin But a Thang” :whistle”

Which was written by ANOTHER famous peodphile. What a coinky dink!

Raven says:

My advice to anyone who will listen. When you do dirt you get dirt and BEL is getting filthy. I don’t care if these guys are scorned, gold digging, gay blackmailers. If BEL gonna stand there and lie to his church and the world about who he is and profit from it then he opens the gate for someone dirtier than him to profit from it as well.

speakinmymind says:

@ OTB
    i understand what you’re saying and i didn’t mean to come across as blaming the victims. tone can be misconstrued. speaking out is one thing, but the fact that they went to him privately first – which i took to mean that they wanted money – and when that fell flat, then they shopped this thing around to several attorneys…who wouldn’t touch it with a 10-foot pole. bj berenstain bear was the only one who would take it and if this is the way she “wins” cases, that doesn’t say much for her skills in the courtroom. a good attorney doesn’t need to sway public opinion – they do all their damage in the courtroom with facts and spot-on witness testimony.

this kind of media blitz may have worked well and been appropriate for the Genarlow Wilson case because she was bringing to light a flawed law that unfairly imprisoned young men for consensual sex. but i have yet to hear her mention that the age of consent in GA should be changed. she didn’t even let the ink on the filings dry before she marched outta the courthouse and filed a press conference. believe you me, she didn’t have to say a word becuz the media was already on to the story before she even filed it. maybe i’m old-fashioned, but i have a great respect for interpretation and application of the law…and she’s just a smoke and mirrors act in my opinion.

kwall says:

My whole thing about when and when not to come forward is…the yt boys who were done the same way in the Catholic church be old as HAIL when they come forward about shat that happened wayyyy back in the 50’s and 60’s. Some of the priests are DECEASED by the time they decide to speak up. I mean some of these now men had GRANDKIDS by the time they spoke up. And folks believed THEM…what the difference ill…. :shrug:

Lesb-honest says:

:newpost: please and where are all yall?
    # can’t wait to :blunt: till my eyes straight look zooted as they wanna be. *jus 3 mo hours*

flsun99 says:

eastpointvet says:

@quixotic
    ********************
    :preach:

SneakyBrown says:

good point kwall. There is no respect for the black child. If we don’t love/look out for each other/our children. Who will?

T.Y'z Cha Cha says:

Bet 5 Eddie LoveuLONGtime sittin back twirling his CURL looking at these videos and smackin his teeth!

Phrozen1der says:

@SneakyBrown as I stated yesterday if they THINK they’re going to sweep this under a rug…as soon as they do prepare for :shotsfired: because someone ELSE has more damning evidence and will shut this down! If this is true, GOD isn’t going out like that! :waiting:

ELove says:

@ysoserious
    I DIDN’T know you were a Chi-Town Homie Too…
    SOUTHSIDE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yes:

@K-Dub
    Whaddup SIS and Check your email (When you have some time…) :wink:

speakinmymind says:

and where are the mothers of these young men?!? i ain’t seen not a one! i woulda been screaming from the rooftops if this had been done to my child…and i don’t care how old he was when it came out.

@ kwall

The Bishop let you, strong, straight, OF AGE female get near enough to his holy iPod to do his playlist? :shocked:

I hope you added George Micheal’s “Father Figure” and “One More Try” cause

:whistle:

Teacher, there are things that I don’t want to learn
    The last one I had made me cryyy

So I don’t want to learn to hold you, touch youuuuu
    Think that your mine

Said there ain’t no joy, for a young church boy
    Who’s teacher has told him goodbye

Goodbye

Goodbye…

shaybytheway says:

Raven says:

——————————————–

:cosign: couldn’t have said it better myself!

His_Mommy623 says:

@Kwall the diff is they were YT…we dnt stick together…look how many comments have been posted damn near crucifying the accusers while bishop “which tupee today? is tryna save his perverted ass… this is why so many ppl keep chit inside and snap…damn shame

dblaq says:

He is a freakin pastor and with that job title comes responsibility, if his ass did it he needs to be taken down, if these Ninjas lied they need to be punished simple and plain.

If your ass takes on a job you know the requirements and responsibilities if you can’t do it, then don’t take the job. I get tired people making excuses. If I become a cop and break the law you need to be punished worse because you made an oath to uphold it.

Al-Ameera says:

@ Civil, right, what was I thinking

Girlllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Rat Stacks…om my bad. Thats the real one!

:dead:

kingstonn says:

i highly doubt anyone would willingly make something like this up just for money. but then again, 25 semi-gorgeous women competed for the love of Flavor Flav’s ugly azz so nothing surprises me these days. :yawn:

:lol: @ Cha Cha

@ ELove.

Sure am. I was on the Northside near the Loop for most of my life but now I’m living near the United Center. I’m too soft and delicate for the Southside. :lol:

speakinmymind says:

**throws rocks at ysoserious and kwall**

Al-Ameera says:

:dead: @ bishop “which tupee today :rofl:

@ His, I hate you so much right now!

:dead: toupee today? CLASSSICCCCCCCCCCC

*recording it in the SR Hall of Famed Comments*

meanNsurly says:

I wonder was it good……hmmm

SneakyBrown says:

@phrozen I hope so. The arrogance of the man and steadfast support of his supporters is just disgusting. I could not believe not one apology to the black community, christian community or congregation. To me it almst is a sad sign of the men in the atl community. If this was my/our grandfather’s peer group. **** Tracy long would have been got that as* whopped. (yes, I am promoting violence)

OHoney says:

I love when Mean and his doggie enter the room. Just brightens my day!
    :waves:

Sooooooo I saw the initial broadcast of CNN’s news drop on this… I was in the chair getting my hair blowed out, mattafact.

The stylist did NOT believe it and my opinionated ass didnt wait to hear that she didnt, just announced that I did…welp, I will NOT be seeing her anymore. Sister handled my head something tough, yahearme?

Gave me some doobie curls…and left ‘em up there…tom’bout, “I thought you might want to wrap it yourself and comb it down in the morn…” :/

Damn. Bish. I didnt tell on the Passa!

Owwwwww @ speakin

If you want me to go to Da Kona all you have to do is ask. Sheesh.

*myheaddontneednomoreknotsthankyou

^^^^I said all that to say she hasnt even been to his church and she was like a soldier for him!

He got reach.

kwall says:

——————————————-
    predators with baffroom rugs on their head.

have your kids out there begging them to “be my daddy”

OHoney says:

^^ that reminds me, I need a new rug for my bathroom.

“baffroom rugs”

:dead:

@KWALL
    “predators with baffroom rugs on their head.

have your kids out there begging them to “be my daddy”
    _____________________________________________________________________________

Ima send you the bill for my lunch young lady.

@ Ohoney

I’m sure Bishop got some extras lying around.

Baffroom?
    *weeps quietly at desk* We have international visitors today.

ysoserious says:

Now are we gonna get at least one more post or do I have to change my Gravi again? :waiting:

Al-Ameera says:

@ OTB, Mean, Kwalll, His, hell the whole post just report to the kona.

kwall says:

@Kwall the diff is they were YT…we dnt stick together…
    —————————————–
    and look what happen when we don’t! PREACH.

you wrong for “which one am i gonna wear ” though…

Al-Ameera says:

meanNsurly says:

Hey Ohoney!!!!!

kwall says:

Baffroom?
    *weeps quietly at desk* We have international visitors today.
    ————————————————–
    are they friends of balki? the female version?

(looks around)

Ain’t enough room Al. Besides, I done got comfortable on this bench and I ain’t moving for nobody. (folds arms and crosses legs)

Ms. Thickness says:

I DIED TWICE TODAY… :rofl: TOUPEE TODAY AND BAFFROOM RUG

meanNsurly says:

Al-Ameera says:

@ OTB, Mean, Kwalll, His, hell the whole post just report to the kona.
    —————————————————
    @Al

His_Mommy623 says:

:rofl: #StillAngry

meanNsurly says:

meanNsurly says:

Al-Ameera says:

@ OTB, Mean, Kwalll, His, hell the whole post just report to the kona.
    —————————————————
    @Al I just got here!!!

Ms. Thickness says:

YSO YOUR GRAVI IS GIVING ME THE CREEPS

dcwife1622 says:

@ ELove.

____________________________________

I live in the Southloop. The United Center area is really nice. They have some affordable new construction in the West Loop. The South and West loops are great because it’s not as congested as the North side and it’s still nice…

SneakyBrown says:

@ OTB I can’t take that hairdresser serious. so rude (missing out on hard earned $) cuz she caught feelings for a child/teen/young adult molestor. Tsk. tsk

Carrington says:

If you knew enough to go home and try to ‘wash’ his scent off of you after he boinked you, then there was something bout him and the “acts” that disgusted you enough to resonate an “ill” emotion immediately following said acts… but not enough to convince your 20-something year old a$$ to stop accepting gifts in exchange for your dignity?

Eddie Long is dead a$$ wrong for what he did, but let’s look at this for what it is. I was 8 years old and my mom and dad said, “do NOT get in the car with a stranger!” My mom and I were in the car and it broke down and my dad sent one of his employees to pick us up. I CRIED and beat my mama and that man’s A$$ when they were tryin to put me in that car because I didn’t know him (it didn’t register that my mom was WITH my dumb a$$) but I knew better at THAT age.

I believe the boy in the grocery store “interview”, but he said some things that cause immediate alarms.

a) “How could he just leave us like that?”
    b) “How could he just leave us like that?”
    c) “How could he just leave us like that?”

OK, soooo clearly Long ended this “relationship” and, at 21, are you suggesting that if HE hadn’t ended it, you would still be in what you NOW suggest was an “inappropriate” sexual relationship?

Just wondering…

@AL
    “For fcuk sake let’s just say the boys all were willing participants and they are just scorned lovers and are NOT victims and blah blah blah.

OK, does Big Eddie’s part in this sit well with you? Is his whole church career not based on a lie? Can he still be your pastor? And am I the only one that has ever heard the saying hypocrisy is WORSE then sin?”
    ___________________________________________________________________________

I do think at least SOME of these grown azz niggas was just “in love” wit Eddie and are now “scorned lovers.” Maybe not the cats that was 14-15 when he started but that nigga that was 20…. He’s a di©ksucker and wasn’t a dayum thing “molested” bout that nigga.

But NO, that nigga Eddie ain’t right in anyway, shape or form.

Val says:

Al-Ameera …. LMAO @ “Big Eddie” :lol:

(in my diana ross voice.. he said his name was “Big Ben”) :lol:

No. Thank gawd!

You know she can’t do much more than speak French so I make sure I’m outty whenever the French are around.

These folks are Greek/Armenian/hummus eaters…. She just standing her ass at a coffee bar…chatting…and they just’a smiling. :/

Al-Ameera says:

@ Yso, George M’s Father Figure? That’s deserving of the kona, boo!

@ Mean, mr. was it good? Please go to the kona for life!

@CARRINGTON
    “I totally agree – Eddie Long hasn’t been absolved of responsibility (or accountability in my eyes), but these “boys” were MEN.

a) “How could he just leave us like that?”
    b) “How could he just leave us like that?”
    c) “How could he just leave us like that?”

Just wondering…”
    __________________________________________________________________________

I agree with everything you just typed verbatim.

“These folks are Greek/Armenian…”-OTB
    _____________________________________________________________________________

I see. Can you describe the females involved?

“@ OTB I can’t take that hairdresser serious. so rude (missing out on hard earned $) cuz she caught feelings for a child/teen/young adult molestor. Tsk. Tsk”

Did I mention she txtd the next day asking if I liked it? :lol:

She and BEL clearly holding #ballsthesizeofJesus’

H-Townmama says:

Hi SR family

I am so saddened to hear how bad people talk about the men in question. How do we know that something wasn’t said back then but people didnt turn a blind eye to it?

Val says:

@ Carrington # 153

WELL SAID.. :clap:

They are engineers and surgeons. :blink:

Youre not interested. :coffee:

SneakyBrown says:

I am confused as to WHAT THE F*CK DO THE AGE HAVE TO DO WITH THE BOTTOM LINE. Da*n. So let’s say they are willing participants. let’s say they all want hush money…. Let’s say they were gay and scorned lovers….

SO…………so that’s not the point. OFF WITH HIS HEAD!!!!!

Al-Ameera says:

Man, I just don’t care™ says:

@AL

___________________________________________________________________________

But NO, that nigga Eddie ain’t right in anyway, shape or form.
    ————————————-
    @ MAN, why why why! I just can’t with you, I want to agree but you always cuttin up! damn

But yes that is the point I am trying to make Big Eddie just aint right. Forget what these boys motives were, God will deal with them but they don’t have tens of thousands of people following them, Big Eddie does!

lakercrazy says:

these are men not children it was they decision too

SneakyBrown says:

h-TOWN MOMMA i commend your strenghth and courage to share that story. whew. it hard to read ( I can’t imagine to write). Thank you Love

@H-TOWN
    “I told my family I was molested by my uncle when I was about 7 yrs old. My twin cousins who were 11 at the time said the same thing. No one believed us and I was fussed at for lying and made to recant. It didnt finally hit my mother until 7 years later that I was being truthful. My uncle was LIVING with us in our home and had offered to drive me to the mall after hearing me beg my mom and I said no thanks. My mom knew I loved going there and for me to say no something was wrong…She then kicked him out…but do you know what damage was done to me for 7 years???? And to have him in the same house as me…I pray for all those involved, especially the sick, perverted Eddie Long.”
    ___________________________________________________________________________

Dayum. This chit happens way too much. I’m glad your mom at least finally wised up to what was goin on.

kingstonn says:

@htown, why would they think an 11y/o would lie about something like that?

OHoney says:

@H-Town mmmm that almost broke me mama.
    So sorry you had to go through that….

flsun99 says:

I don’t think it was the young men’s idea to be dry humped, have their chests rubbed by a grown azz man, their lips licked, given an Ambian (sp) while in another country, felt up and groped, and have oral sodomy at 15/16/17 years old…Sorry, it doesn’t fly with me.

kingstonn says:

correction: a 7 y/o. sorry

:think:

I don’t think Eddie has too many “defenders” in here. I think everyone agrees that nigga is wrong in one way or another. Just that these “victims” need to admit their wrong doin too.

Where I come from, willingly suckin di©k for cash is hoeshyt/gayshyt. :shrugs:

lakercrazy says:

@htown thanks for sharing such a horrible thing but it happens every day :( why dint they believe you and the 11yr old why would yall lie??? wow just wow

kingstonn says:

@man, & where exactly do you come from? :think:

lakercrazy says:

@man :cosign: long is guilty its just some of the mens actions that make it questionable

Raven says:

@H-Town – mad props for your strength and for sharing.

I dont think I understand @Carrington I think your mother would be disappointed if she is who you said she is.

Victim blaming is victim blaming is victim blaming. Who cares if they are d!ck in the booty boys??????????

EL had a position of power and he misused it.<—– The crux of the problem.

LaJuliet says:

I am curious if “Official Oppresion” (a person of power leading someone to do something they would not otherwise do) might be a charge that might be considered in this case; considering that these young me looked up to this man…and yes I realize that this is a civil case. We hear stories all the time of grown people who were coerced into things all the time. (after all he has a congregation supporting him) My opinion is the Bishop(?) (i.e.predator)started grooming these young men as boys and when they no longer fit the image of the what he was attracted to he was done with them. Most false prophets are outed by thier own hand/actions!!

@KINGSTON
    ” where exactly do you come from?”
    ____________________________________________________________________________

Born in Virginia, MADE in Louisiana… :yes:
    **too close for comfort for you**

His_Mommy623 says:

I cnt even comment on half the crap being typed… but @OTB #178…I :cosign: that chit

ATL_Reese says:

Some people minds are just Phucked!! How can the victims willingly accept the gifts; any man or woman would, when you dont have shyt??? Thats part of the damn manipulation, WHY YOU THINK CHILD MOLESTORS GIVE KIDS CANDY or lure them with something Flashy?? Its all a mind game, to the predator, BEL in this case!! Hell, THE DEVIL DO IT EVERYDAY!! LURE HUMANS WITH MATERIAL SHYT, USES PEOPLE, ETC.!! I bet if it was yo azz in they boys position it be alot different point of view…

Val says:

flsun99 says:

______________________________________________________________________
    YOUR STATEMENT WAS :lol: AND :hurl: ALL AT THE SAME TIME

kingstonn says:

@man, damn you are close. :cry:

crzasallgetout says:

“WHY YOU THINK CHILD MOLESTORS GIVE KIDS CANDY or lure them with something Flashy”??
    :cosign: Everything you just typed

attorneymom says:

Character Corner Radio in partnership with Pink Cotton Entertainment presents: FAITH THERAPY: WHERE DO WE GO FROM HERE AFTER THE BISHOP LONG *** SCANDAL?

Date: Thursday, September 30, 2010
    Time: 10:00 PM (EST)
    Place: Blogtalkradio
    Call-in Number: (347) 989-0587

Whenever there is a church scandal, parishioners are often the forgotten victims. This show is dedicated to those whose faith have been shaken by their Pastor’s fall from grace. Call in to share experiences, give advice and encouragement to those whose faith is in crisis as a result of a church scandal.

For more information, click my sreen name.

WARNING: THIS SHOW IS NOT TO BASH PASTORS AND CHRISTIANS. NEGATIVE CALLERS ARE NOT WELCOMED.

“Thats part of the damn manipulation, WHY YOU THINK CHILD MOLESTORS GIVE KIDS CANDY or lure them with something Flashy?? Its all a mind game, to the predator”

#this.

I thought y’all be watching Chris Hansen and chit. *chews it over with a Twix*

My fault it seems y’all are believers… :lol:

H-Townmama says:

Thanks you guys. To this day when we have family events he comes around. He tries to hug me and Ive told everyone that if I see him staring at my daughters too long I will kill him on the spot. I endured years of therapy.

But the point of me writing that was we DID tell. We knew it was wrong and nothing was done! What if one or more victims said something but people did them like me and said…oh you just imagined it or now why would he do that? This wasnt a major figure I had accused. I refuse to believe the red flags weren’t there, so much as maybe the parents were enjoying the perks as well and pimping out their sons. There has been rumors for years supposedly and the bishop and well as another was investigated in 2005 I believe. So why shouldnt we believe this happened? He is sick because he deliberately chose these men and worked on them for years. He did everything legally, by waiting until they were of age and it looks like no penetration, just oral sex. But he is wrong all the same.

BROWNSUGAPOET says:

While I dont agree with some of the stuff Man and Carrington said, after all they are men and dont have the natural compassion women have and have probably never been in a position where they felt vulnerable or had a need so bad they would do whatever it took to fill that need! I dont expect most men will understand how that could happen.

iscream says:

Part of the transcript from the interview….

Jamal says that what the bishop wanted was sex. He said it began after he became of age, and he said it was constant.

“His house. The hotels. His condos. In the church,” Parris said. “In the church, before and after service.”

“Did you receive those pictures?” FOX 5?s Dale Russell asked Parris.

“I received those pictures,” Parris said.

“Did he ask for pictures like that from you?” Russell asked Parris.

“Yeah,” Parris replied.

Parris says the bishop exchanged pictures as he coached them on building up their bodies, and improving their physical appearance for him.

“The pictures speak for themselves,” said Parris. “A man in his underwear talking. Sending pictures from a bathroom, and it ain’t to his wife. It’s to us. They speak for themselves. You be the judge of that.”

Parris claims in his lawsuit the jewelry, the cash, the gifts, the trips in the bishop’s private plane came at times from church coffers, and that top church officials knew what was going on.

“Was some of the money that was spent on you and the others church money?” Russell asked.

“Yeah, absolutely,” Parris replied.

“No doubt about it?” Russell said.

Al-Ameera says:

EL had a position of power and he misused it.<—– The crux of the problem.
    —————————–
    And that's it!

HoneyDropp says:

I don’t wanna talk about this shyt no more. Choco where’s the sex talk? And not that Daddy Longstroke talk, either.

kwall says:

Where I come from, willingly suckin di©k for cash is hoeshyt/gayshyt
    ——————————————
    i am from the hood part of the stix and sometimes it is….

some #survivalshyt

i done seen some folks do worse than that to feed their family.

i’m just sayin…

Phrozen1der says:

@Sneaky you’re right because I’m certain this isn’t the first time smoke has been detected. And as usual whereever there is smoke fire is sure to follow… :shrugs:

flsun99 says:

@Val
    Those lawsuit papers are VERY detailed. He did some sick sh!t….allegedly.

HoneyDropp says:

Where da crew at? Lets talk in another post. Im really growing sickly of this.

attorneymom says:

I just have one question: If the plaintiffs were still on payroll and receiving expensive gifts, would there be any lawsuits at this point? Blank stare.

OHoney says:

@HoneyD name the place sweetie. I’m there

kingstonn says:

@HoneyDropp, :cosign: ’cause I had no idea who this guy was before last week.

*****************CONFESSION**********************************
    At the tender age of 29, I too was sexually molested by an older female coworker. She used her posistion of authority and lavish of gifts of fountain pens, white out tape, neon yellow highlighters and other exotic office materials to woo me.

She requested that I call her “Big Mamma” and to do everything that she tells me to do, which I happily obliged to keep living in the “Office Depot” lifestyle that I had become accustomed. Should I ever fail to meet her request, I was spanked mercilessly.

Sadly, when the new 22 yr old intern started, I was tossed aside like yesterday’s thrash. Left to manage my own office supplies. I don’t love the things Big Momma did to me, but I still love Big Momma.

My $100 million dollar civil suit is my only recourse!
    *********************************************************************

BROWNSUGAPOET says:

I need a break from it too

meanNsurly says:

Where I come from, willingly suckin di©k for cash is hoeshyt/gayshyt
    ———————————————————————-
    **singing** You wanna see sum azz, I wanna see sum cash! Keep dem dollars comin and dats gonna make me dance!!!

Hey everybody again :waves: HoneyD go back to the one that you snapped in #notaninstigator

kingstonn says:

CHB, where’s that pretty picture?

@kingstonn…it was limited time offer.
    @HoneyD…I meant that in a funny way :rofl:

@KWALL
    “Where I come from, willingly suckin di©k for cash is hoeshyt/gayshyt
    ——————————————
    i am from the hood part of the stix and sometimes it is….

some #survivalshyt

i done seen some folks do worse than that to feed their family.

i’m just sayin…
    ___________________________________________________________________________

No matter WHY they do it, they still hoes/gay. :shrugs:

lakercrazy says:

@man u wrong we need a new post this chit is too depresing and its getting old azz hell

intensemocha says:

OPINIONS VARY

BUT THERE IS ONE COMMON OPINION THAT’S DOMINANT

NOBODY IS EXCUSING OR CONDONING THE BISHOP AT ALL AND MOST OF YOU WHO ARE SO EMOTIONALLY CHARGE ARE FAILING TO REALIZE THAT-JUST ALL JUICED UP ON YOUR HOLY/SELF-RIGHTEOUS TRAIN

JUST BECAUSE SOME POSTERS INCLUDING MYSELF AGREE WITH SANDRA ROSE’S PERCEPTION OF THE MEN INVOLVED IN THIS CASE-THAT THEY WERE IN FACT OF CONSENTING AGE WHEN THEY ENGAGED IN THE ALLEGED SEXUAL ACTS AND IN EXCHANGED ACCEPTED MONEY/GIFTS THAT THEY ARE CONSIDERED WILLING PARTICIPANTS VS VICTIMS

EMOTIONS ARE RUNNING HIGH ON THIS SITUATION BUT AT THE END OF THE DAY-

L———E———G———A——–L—–L——Y , EDDIE SLEEPING WITH THESE YOUNG MEN WAS NOT ILLEGAL-POINT BLACK

M——–0———R——-A——L—–L——-Y, YES IF HE’S GUILTY HE IS CORRUPT, A HYPOCRITE, ADULTERY, SHOULD STEP DOWN ETC.

IF YOU CAN’T SEPARATE THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE TWO-THEN YOU ARE UNABLE TO SEPARATE EMOTIONS FROM THE FACTS

SORRY BUT IT IS WHAT IT IS-THESE MEN ARE PARTIALLY TO BLAME FOR WHAT HAPPENED TO THEM BECAUSE THEY WILLFULLY CONSENTED, PARTICIPATED, AND BENEFITED FINANCIALLY

THIS WOULD BE THE SAME AS A 17 YEAR OLD RUNAWAY GIRL SUING HER PIMP, FOR ABUSE, STD’S, FINANCIAL LOSS-ETC. WHEN YOU OFFER YOUR BODY IN EXCHANGE FOR MONEY/GIFTS YOU RUN THE RISK OF BEING ABUSED/MISTREATED LIKE THE OBJECT YOU PRESENTED YOURSELF AS

Phrozen1der says:

But NO, that nigga Eddie ain’t right in anyway, shape or form.

__________________________________________________________________________

:dead: REVIVED and :dead: again!

BigCityGirl says:

They are grown men now…and looking back they are pissed at being bamboozled! It takes some folks longer then others….I am praying for strength and endurance for these young men…BECAUSE ITS ON now. I hear Long’s people are hiring private investigators to look into the boys life..When you start exposing powerful people…you get exposed too! However…This too shall pass

@kingston…plus you and yso were the only ones that commented on it…and @Brown was the one who requested. Oh wells :shrug:

T.Y'z Cha Cha says:

I have a serious quetion: Do you think he will lose his endorsement deal for the Hair Club for Menzes or Extenze?

:rofl: :rofl:

Carrington says:

EL had a position of power and he misused it.<—– The crux of the problem.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Is this REALLY the "crux" of the problem? Because of his position? What if these 20 year old men were having sex with a 50 year old JANITOR at New Birth? Would they THEN be just grown a$$ men making an adult decision?

What if this were a 21 year old WOMAN and she stayed Christian Louboutin'd up, Gucci bags and Louis Vuitton boots, pushin a Rover and her hair was constantly on point, would she be considered a victim, or a GOLD DIGGER? At what point do you have to accept responsiblity for your actions? When you're underage and don't know better, you're a victim, when you're of age and you SHOULD know better (and do, because if you didn't know better, you wouldn't have been hiding it until he quit your a$$) you bear just as much responsibility.

At 15, he was your molestor… at 21, he was your man!

That's my story and I'm stickin to it.

The fact that they were ADULTS in the "crux" of the matter for ME (I can't speak for everyone else) – I was molested, but I can damn well tell you that at 21 I wouldn't have been STILL been having sex with no man who was abusing me.

I don't recall absolving Long of his responsibility here – but the fact that these were MEN who were having sex with this man and they were WILLINGLY accepting gifts in exchange for that sex should ALSO play a role in the "judgement" process I would think.

If they were 13 year old boys and they were doing this in exchange for X-Box's, then I agree – let's make this about Eddie Long, but at 21, you're a grown ass man and I can't (and won't) get past that!

iscream says:

This man made these kids feel special and then used the bible to work for him. He told them this is what God wanted (“you bet not never tell nobody but God” <- sorry couldn't help myself).

When everyday men and women are scorned most of them aren't in secret relationships. Like I said yesterday if this is just about a scorn lover let Eddie come out and say that. But he's not because he's a liar and he knows what he did was WRONG!

And since he used money to lure them in to get what he wanted. Yes let them sue his slick talking ass for more money. He tried to bye their secrecy so pay up you bald headed liar.

speakinmymind says:

*chews it over with a Twix*
    —————————————
    why did this make me want something sweet?!? :ashamed:

what’s ironic is that most believers don’t even realize that the very things they so vehemently oppose as Christians are the very things Satan will use to tempt them away from their beliefs and fall into sin, time and time again. free will is a @#$%!&%

aqtpie says:

attorneymom says:
    **********
    My personal opinion is probably not but he would still be a false prophet misleading his blind flock and grooming his next batch of 14 and 15 year old young boys to do just what these young men did!!

b-boy817 says:

intensemocha says:
    _________________________________________________________________________
    Really??? smh

@CARRINGTON
    “Is this REALLY the “crux” of the problem? Because of his position? What if these 20 year old men were having sex with a 50 year old JANITOR at New Birth? Would they THEN be just grown a$$ men making an adult decision?

What if this were a 21 year old WOMAN and she stayed Christian Louboutin’d up, Gucci bags and Louis Vuitton boots, pushin a Rover and her hair was constantly on point, would she be considered a victim, or a GOLD DIGGER? At what point do you have to accept responsiblity for your actions? When you’re underage and don’t know better, you’re a victim, when you’re of age and you SHOULD know better (and do, because if you didn’t know better, you wouldn’t have been hiding it until he quit your a$$) you bear just as much responsibility.

At 15, he was your molestor… at 21, he was your man!

That’s my story and I’m stickin to it.

The fact that they were ADULTS in the “crux” of the matter for ME (I can’t speak for everyone else) – I was molested, but I can damn well tell you that at 21 I wouldn’t have been STILL been having sex with no man who was abusing me.

I don’t recall absolving Long of his responsibility here – but the fact that these were MEN who were having sex with this man and they were WILLINGLY accepting gifts in exchange for that sex should ALSO play a role in the “judgement” process I would think.

If they were 13 year old boys and they were doing this in exchange for X-Box’s, then I agree – let’s make this about Eddie Long, but at 21, you’re a grown ass man and I can’t (and won’t) get past that!”
    _________________________________________________________________________

:yes:

speakinmymind says:

…lavish of gifts of fountain pens, white out tape, neon yellow highlighters and other exotic office materials to woo me.

:dead: :rofl:

Cha-Cha….get yo azz to the :kona:

The stupid runs far deep and wide up in here. :coffee:

#out!

HoneyDropp says:

CorporateHoodB-tch says:

Hey everybody again HoneyD go back to the one that you snapped in #notaninstigator
    *****************************************
    That’s JUST the one I was gonna suggest!!

flsun99 says:

attorneymom says:

———
    Probably not. But does that excuse the accusations of Bishop engaging in an inappropriate behavior when those young men were 15/16/17? Is it ok for Bishop to march against homosexuality yet engaging (allegedly) in the very same acts in which he denounced? Is it so far fetched that Bishop did do these things? Or because he is a man of God, he could never do such evil & despicable things? Just askin’…

I’m biased because I’m a sexual abuse VICTOR. My daughter waited 4 years before she disclosed her virginity was taken from her at 12 years old. She’s 19 and still in therapy trying to get over the hurt & pain. This very thing is why people don’t tell. They are embarrassed. They feel as if no one will believe them.

His_Mommy623 says:

still smh @ this chit… NEW POST PLEEEEZZZEEE!!! Damn..

intensemocha says:

WELL I GUESS “THE DEVIL MADE ME DO IT” IS A VALID EXCUSE FOR KILLING SOMEBODY TOO

THIS MAN IS NOT GOD, AND HE DID NOT HAVE TO PHYSICALLY FORCE THEM TO DO ANYTHING

IT’S CALLED THE POWER OF PERSUASION-HE’S MIND GAME MAY HAVE BEEN POWERFUL BUT TRUST IN BELIEVE HE DIDN’T CONVINCE THEM TO DO SOMETHING THEY WEREN’T ALREADY WILLING TO DO-14, 15, 16 YR OLD MASCULINE BOYS DON’T WANT NOTHIN BUT PU$$Y AND I DON’T CARE HOW MUCH $$$$$ OR GIFTS HE WAS OFFERING

NOW IF THE STORY WAS A 14, 15, OR 16 YR OLD POPPED A CAP IN HIS BEHIND FOR TRYING TO PROPOSTION THEM I WOULD FIND THAT MORE BELIEVABLE

THEY NEED TO TAKE ACCOUNTABILITY FOR THEIR ROLES THEY PLAYED IN THEIR SO CALLED ABUSE

HOW MANY YOUNG GIRLS BEEN TALKED OUT THEIR DRAWERS AND ENDED UP PREGNANT BUT I KNOW FOR A FACT 90% OF YOU WOMEN ON HERE WOULD NOT BLAME THE MAN/BOY-BUT THE GIRL FOR BEING HOT IN THE BUT OR JUST NAIVE

Eddie’s “type” is gonna kill him in court. And he is the one that probably put them on that path to be as well spoken as they are. That clean cut, college boy thing is gonna be what has him paying out the wazoo. Not to mention neither boy seems flaming to me. If the jury thinks he turned out straight dudes it’ll be even worse for him.

:offtopic:

@ dcwife

Gentrification has done wonders for the roughest parts of The Chi. I still don’t too much fluck with anything past 50th though.

@ CHB

It was at the end of most people’s work day so I don’t know how many actually saw it. Otherwise I’m sure you would have gotten plenty more compliments.

intensemocha says:

OKAY WHAT BIBLE VERSE COULD HE HAVE POSSIBLY USED-ESPECIALLY SINCE THERE OF AGE TO READ RIGHT?????? WHICH BIBLE VERSE WAS IT THAT CONVINCED THEM TO ENGAGE IN SEX, I’M CURIOUS SINCE WE ARE SO STUCK ON THE BIBLE AND HIS POSITION AS A BISHOP AND THAT IS HOW HE WAS ABLE TO COERCE THEM

WHICH VERSE, PLEASE LET ME KNOW, WHERE TO FIND IT IN THE BIBLE????? THAT SAYS THAT SEX WITH A MAN IS OK, AND ACCEPTING MONEY/GIFTS IS OKAY??????

IF THEY LISTENED TO WHAT HE PREACHED ON SUNDAY VS WHAT HE SAID BEHIND CLOSED DOORS-WHEN THEY WERE ALONE, THEY COULD HAVE QUICKLY STOPPED THE SO CALLED ABUSE

T.Y'z Cha Cha says:

THE IGNORANCE SPEWING AFTER SOME OF THESE COMMENTS…WOW…ALL I CAN DO IS MAKE FUN BUT ON SOME REAL SHYT IF YOU EVER BEEN A VICTIM OR SOMEONE CLOSE TO YOU HAVE(FOR REAL THAT DONT EVEN GOT TO BE THE CASE)I BET SOME WOULD SING A DIFFERENT TUNE..SOME OF YOUR THOUGHTS ARE JUST AS UGLY AS YOU ARE AND YOUR HEART IS COLD AS ICE…UGH!

shaybytheway says:

@carrington

suppose we all agree with you. these boys were men who made grown up decisions.

what’s the point of over articulating that fact?

what if we accept that these are lover’s scorned and lookin for a pay day? how does that change anything about the proceeding to air out this man’s dirty laundry?

You are saying they are not victims. Gotcha. But now what?

@ CHB

____________________________________

You’d be surprised I know a lot of people saw it, even haters. I just wanted @Brown to see it becuz she made me do it. I appreciate any compliment…and since I just look like a regular person like most everybody else’s gravi I’ve seen…I don’t expect anything less than the same respect.

chase says:

The stupid runs far deep and wide up in here. :coffee:

#out!
    ——————————————-

:cosign:

I wanna see. :mad:

b-boy817 says:

attorneymom says:
    **********
    aqtpie says:
    _________________________________________________________________________

@aqtpie… thanks. Thats all ive been trying to say about this…Ive always said this whole scandal is simply a way to shed light on whats going on in that church…and if a lawsuit was the only was to get it out there…then sue his a$$…he had to have been stopped some kind of way..like someone said earlier, if the boys would have just taken this to the blogs or str8 to the news without a lawsuit..they would been dismissed as rumors…The only people Ive ever felt sorry for in this deal was the people in his church…I really do feel for them…Wake up!!! Your pastor has been using your money to lure boys to play with him, while preaching to you that homosexuality is wrong,…I know thats a hard pill to swallow, but damn..wake up…His members are attacking these boys like its no possible way that this could have happened

intensemocha says:

THAT’S THE PROBLEM SOME OF YOU SHOULD SEEK COUNSELING FOR THE ABUSE OR PRESS CHARGES AGAINST YOUR ABUSERS INSTEAD OF SEEKING VINDICATION/VENGEANCE VIA THE INTERNET

I HIGHLY DOUBT ANY OF YOU WERE ABUSED AT AGE 16, 17, OR OLDER NOR ACCEPTED GIFTS/MONEY IN EXCHANGE FOR THE ABUSE-YOU WERE TRULY A VICTIM THESE MEN ARE NOT

))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))HUGE DIFFERENCE((((((((((((((((((((

ysoserious says:

I’m right there with you OTB.

When you argue with fools makes it hard for people to tell which is which. :coffee:

I think I’m going off to change my Gravi after all…

intensemocha says:

OKAY SUE HIM FOR BEING A HYPOCRITE OR MISAPPROPRIATING FUNDS

Ms. Thickness says:

IM OUT YALL HEADED TO THE DENTIST… :wails:

Ms. Thickness says:

:wail:

bama_n_jersey says:

intensemochasays
    ——————————————————————-
    *Raising My Hand*
    I accpeted money for it because he was giving it to my Momma to pay the bills and provide food for me. So I felt like I had to keep doing it or we wuold struggle even worse.

I am not sure if that was the case with this situation but most of the time it is when a parent is struggling to provide a roof over your head or to give you food.

@mS. thick….sorry to hear that…be strong!!!

His_Mommy623 says:

whoa there is some MAJOR stupidity and ignorance running rampant up in here…. I cnt..

#CrabsInABarrel
    #NoTypeOfSupportForUrOwnKind

If I may borrow Kristin from BGC’s voice…DONE!

H-Townmama says:

@CHB
    I dont usually speak to you, but I saw the gravi and I thought it was cute.
    That hair was on point. I say put it up, screw what anyone else says or thinks. If that chick that got talked about for being a big girl can keep posting with her real gravi, surely you can too.
    I dont have anything negative to say about big girls btw. Im no size 2 myself.

Carrington says:

shaybytheway says:

@carrington

what’s the point of over articulating that fact?

You are saying they are not victims. Gotcha. But now what?
    I don’t really CARE what’s next. I’ve “Over-articulated” for those who seem to keep going back to the fact that EL was wrong, while making the grown men who f*cked him WILLINGLY, “victims”.

THEY made this an issue, not Eddie Long, so whatever happens with EL, then shame on him for being stupid – but neither you, nor the “victims” can make me see this any other way than the way I see it and let me “over” articulate it once more for good measure:

If you’re a man old enough to be a senior in college, you’re old enough to know right from wrong; any decisions you make after the age of 18, you need to deal with on a personal level.

If a 13 year old can be held accountable for his acts after he’s committed a crime, then for DAMN sure a 21 year old man has to hold some accountability for HIS actions.

Does that mean that I don’t think Long was wrong? NO! (I’ve said this several times) he’s dead ass wrong; but these boys accepted what they got as long as they were getting rewarded for it, so they gets no sympathy and you can’t change my opinion on that.

And I’m through widdit.

@H-TOWN
    “If that chick that got talked about for being a big girl can keep posting with her real gravi, surely you can too.”
    _________________________________________________________________________

:shocked:

His im :lol: but really crying cause damn!

SMH

They just playing. They dont mean that. Right? :/

Bye Thick!!! take it like a :champ:

And make sure he gives you something for later!

shaybytheway says:

Sandra label’s them ‘ACCUSERS’ for a reason. They are accusing him of wrong doing in his capacity as bishop.

These men aren’t rape victims. They are just tryin to put the word out that this person is not who is portrays himself to be.

How else should they have gone about it?

shaybytheway says:

but i do agree, ignorance is taking over up in here.

Wait, :think: I thought Corp didnt like the pic up because of her chit talking????

I KNOW IT AINT CAUSE OF THE OPINES OF OTHER BEAUTIFUL POSTERS???????

And thats that!

I feel sorry for your children. :coffee:

intensemocha says:

A legal opinion…..

They are claiming that they suffered emotional distress because of Long.

To win in court, they’d have to first convince a jury that they actually did suffer emotional distress, which would likely mean a battle of psychological experts testifying for each side, said Jessica Gabel, an assistant professor of law at Georgia State University.

“In a case like this you’re going to need expert testimony,” she said. “Those guys cost a lot of money.”

Then, they’d have to prove that Long was responsible for the emotional pain.

“The critical thing that you have to prove is causation — what caused their emotional distress,” Gabel said. “It’s especially hard to prove causation.”

Long can move for summary judgment, meaning he can ask a judge to dismiss the case before a jury sees it, arguing that there simply is no viable evidence that the plaintiffs were harmed.

But that wouldn’t happen until after months of a process called “discovery,” where the plaintiffs reveal their evidence. And a judge’s summary judgment decision can always be appealed, meaning more time for the case to linger in public view and more legal fees.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

YEP IGNORANCE IS DEFINITELY RUNNING RAMPANT CAUSE LOGIC CERTAINLY ISN’T

DEALING WITH SOME FOLKS-ESPECIALLY BLACK FOLKS, IF YOU DON’T AGREE THEY GET ALL SENSITIVE AND SHIAT AND WANNA LYCNCH THOSE WHO DON’T AGREE WITH THEM

IT’S A DISCUSSION-WHICH WOULD ENTAIL DIFFERENT OPINIONS FOLKS

H-Townmama says:

@Man
    Don’t you start with me! LOL

My children have that problem…passing off opinion as fact. Mind you they are 8 and 9 and chit but they know better right? :coffee:

H-Townmama says:

:rofl: and :dead: @OTB

Man, I just don’t care™ says:

I wanna see.
    This could effect my nuptial agreement. I’ll to sneak and do it again another time. :rofl:

@ CHB

As nice as your pic was, I have a feeling Man is going to be might-y disappointed. :lol:

@H-Town…thanks for the support…naw I ain’t scared of no chicks opine (c) OTB of how I look…cuz long as my hubby love me and I love me nobody else matters.

@OTB….you’re right sometimes I go to industry events and be all up in the celebs faces so that is one reason I didn’t want my pic up…but I’ve said so much personal chit on here I’m sure a lot of people already know who I am. So if they don’t like it f*ck them too.

If it wasn’t for hubby (c*blocker) I would put a diff one of me everyday…(repeats) cuz I luv me :hug:

“I wanna see.
    This could effect my nuptial agreement. I’ll to sneak and do it again another time. ”
    __________________________________________________________________________

Ok. Just hit me up at JCSTANSB @ GMAIL. COM
    :yes:

@ CHB

________________________________

I look like a regular person I never pretended to be anything else.

@Y SO SERIOUS
    “As nice as your pic was, I have a feeling Man is going to be might-y disappointed.”
    ___________________________________________________________________________

:think:

**this has me worried**

@yso…your gravi is banannas :thumbsup:

________________________________

I look like a regular person I never pretended to be anything else.
    ______________________________________________________________________________

:think:
    why didn’t you use the word “woman.” You ARE a woman right?

@Man…OMG…all woman baby.

H-Townmama says:

@CHB
    You are chocolate and natural…I think thats what she meant.

iscream says:

I. Can’t. Breath. :rofl:

@ CHB

Thanks but that ain’t me thank goodness. I cannot imagine dragging that around.

By saying Man is going to be disappointed I meant he ain’t gonna get the tits/azz shots that I think he’s expecting. You know he don’t like regular, natural chicks.

“OMG…all woman baby.”
    _____________________________________________________________________________

Just makin sure babe!
    :wink:

@H TOWN
    “You are chocolate and natural…I think thats what she meant.”
    ____________________________________________________________________________

For the record, I love good looking women no matter the color and I prefer natural women.

ysoserious says:

Did you just say you prefer “natural women”?

:dead: :dead: :dead:

H-Townmama says:

@Man
    In three to five years your beloved Kim K will have her face so far back she will look like Joker’s twin. Natural my a**. Which is big and natuaral btw.

H-Townmama says:

*natural

Well I’m sure this one is all natural Man. :grin:

@Y SO SERIOUS
    “Did you just say you prefer “natural women”?”
    __________________________________________________________________________

I think you mis-interpreting that!

ELove says:

@ysoserious (Commnet #273)
    CO-SIGN the SHYT to the MF-ing FULLEST !!!!! :yes:

@Man… TALKS about that PURE-PLASTIC QUEEN Kim-K of his LIKE She Walks-on-Water and SHYTS OUT Diamonds (Real…) :rofl:

CFREE says:

@CHB

btw…im the Newbie round these parts :waves: I saw your hair yesterday I thought it looked really nice! Make me wana go get me a 18inch sew-in

:cheer:teamLONGHAIRDONTCARE

iscream says:

PRAISE HIM! PRAISE HIM!

CFREE says:

@CHB

btw…im the Newbie round these parts I saw your hair yesterday I thought it looked really nice! Make me wana go get me a 18inch sew-in

teamLONGHAIRDONTCARE
    ____________________________________
    :rofl: That’s exactly what I told my hair stylists yesterday while she was laying my hair out.
    #teamlonghairdontcare

H-Townmama says:

Iscream
    You just pop in with these funny one liners. :lol:
    Btw…how is the book coming along??? I’m ready for it.

@ ELove

You keep it up and I’m going to join the line of SR posters that want to have their way with you. :wink:

@yso…it was a goody-toe shoes pic…next time I make it little more edgy…since the consequences are the same.

CFREE says:

#teamlonghairdontcare

LUVS ITS, BRINGS OUT MY INNER STRIPPER-NESS :wink:

dblaq says:

Whats the name of Bishop Magic Don Juan’s Church?

Gotcha CHB. :thumbsup:

Though that isn’t gonna help my attempted reprogramming of Man…Not that it seems to be working anyway. :/

@ CFREE

I bet the shoes help with that too. :wink:

@ CFREE

I bet the shoes help with that too.
    ________________________________________________

LOL. I was thinking the same thing. Let me borrow those shoes girl.

Anna says:

shaybytheway says:

@carrington

suppose we all agree with you. these boys were men who made grown up decisions.

what’s the point of over articulating that fact?

~~~~~~~~~~
    Maybe they are waiting on a bigger payday. Might want a spread in playgirl. They looking at Tigers Tramps and watching them get paid and want the same offers. LOL.

CFREE says:

#teamlonghairdontcare

LUVS ITS, BRINGS OUT MY INNER STRIPPER-NESS
    ________________________________________________

I’m sure you get a lot of compliments from men while you swinging that hair :yes:

dcwife1622 says:

My Tummy hurts… :hurl:

dcwife1622 says:

Too much Garrett’s popcorn…

CFREE says:

@YSO
    I bet the shoes help with that too.

:yes:U KNOW ITTTT!!! :whistle: I THINK I HEAR SOMEBODY PLAYN TIP DRILL IN THE BACKGROUND

@ CFREE

Unh…You nasty… :lol:

Sometimes this site is like the high school I went to on the South Side of Chicago…where I used to beat bytches senseless on a regular. Fun times!

CFREE says:

@CHB
    LOL. I was thinking the same thing. Let me borrow those shoes girl.

I JUST ORDERED THE SHOES FROM FEVERSHOES.COM, I HAVENT GOT EM IN THE MAIL YET, THEY WERE ON BACK ORDER :(

WHEN THEY COME, BOY LOOKA HERE! IMA BE READY TO STUNT! :wink:

@CFree…thanks for the tip girl. I’m out for now.

CFREE says:

@YSO
    Unh…You nasty…

WHO ME???? :no:WAAYYY!! :wink:

CFREE says:

:bye:ME TOO! C U GUYS!

Anna says:

Because it’s not the court’s responsibility to air out the bishop’s dirty laundry. B.J. Bernstein is making a mockery of the judicial system by filing these lawsuits that have no merit. She is acting worse than an ambulance chaser IMO. :coffee:

iscream says:

“Looks” like you lost…. :coffee:

intensemocha says:

))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))HUGE DIFFERENCE((((((((((((((((((((
    _________________________

:preach:

:rofl: @iscream get in the house>>>>

@iscream

If “looks” could kill….. :rofl:

H-Townmama says:

:think: :shocked:
    WTH did I miss?

Daisy says:

BJ didnt approve these interviews but she didnt take this case w/o doing her research first she been in the game to long for such :coffee:

VIBABY says:

Jesus wept…………

Daisy says:

Which is exactly why people are puzzled about why she’s trying the case in the media. If she has such a strong case, why try it in the media? Bottom line: she has no evidence.

Carrington says:

:preach: Dat boy good! :lol:

Daisy says:

@Sandra I wouldnt be to sure of that and she isnt trying the case in the media we havent seen her on the news since the story 1st broke :coffee:

kingstonn says:

Dat boy good!

:rofl: !

Run says:

All they need is some Good Wet Coochie,…. and it will be alright…if ya’ll were 20 yrs older I’ll holla…..LOL

Daisy says:

Did anybody hear/read that BJ said she turned down Oprah yesterday?

crzasallgetout says:

:kona:

honeybee says:

Some of the things you say are just crzy to me.

honeybee says:

I have a son and if he told me that story you better believe I would put his ass on Blast. He lures young teenagers in men into the church and takes advantage of them period. Well, he still needs to let his wife no that he is Gay I mean come on. He was using the church’s money to for his sexual conquest..pls