LeBron James’ former teammate Delonte West has once agin denied a rumor that he slept with LeBron’s mom Gloria Jones.

How many times does he have to deny this stupid rumor before people will believe it? Why do some people stubbornly cling to this rumor when there is not an iota of evidence to support it?

Even Delonte’s denial is being questioned by a few of my readers, even though the man clearly said “Not at all.”

Finally, LeBron’s former teammate has been asked directly about the gossip. According to the Boston Globe, a reporter asked West if he slept with Gloria James.

“Not at all,” West replied. “I come from an era where you don’t say nothing bad about someone’s parent, so not at all.” West, now with the Celtics, is looking forward to playing with his new team. “There’s a lot of excitement here,” he said.

The reason Delonte said he comes “from an era where you don’t say nothing bad about someone’s parent,” is because the rumor itself is shockingly disrespectful to Ms. James and LeBron.

Source

Thanks to loyal reader Deirdre for the tip.

• http://chokolatemilk.blogspot.com Choco

Oh okay – not at all instead of a simple NO—maybe I’m reaching but for some reason I don’t believe West!

• Man, I just don’t care™

Delonte West an ol’ muthafugga mayne. LITERALLY.

• Beautiful Since 1982

@ Man you on roll today…as usual! You get me through the day!

• mirsmommy

Okay. :/

• http://myspace.com/necee518 yvonne79

And is there a particular reason I should care about this? :yawn:

• OutsidetheBox

Well, he said that she lied on him or sumthin. :/

• http://charactercorner.blogspot.com attorneymom

zzzzzzzzzzzz!!!

• Al-Ameera

Ok, if he says so.

• Man, I just don’t care™

That hoe Gloria needs her puzzy revoked or repo’d or something cause she don’t know WHAT to do with that monster.

• Cariblife

I don’t believe this either. But anyways get it mama :waves:

• http://twitter.com/dckimmie74 dcwife1622

yvonne79 says:

And is there a particular reason I should care about this?
    ___________________________

:cosign:

• Princess Smarty-Pants

What He Said vs. What He Meant

“According to the Boston Globe, a reporter asked West if he slept with Gloria James.” I can belive they never had a sleepover… this is probaby true…

“Not at all,” West replied. “I come from an era where you don’t say nothing bad about someone’s parent, so not at all.” But whathe meant was…I didn’t sleep with her, I just smashed her and kept it moving but since y’all think anything who flucks an NBA player (crazy scrubs and all) is a groupie I can’t just admit it, now can I?

• Anna

Choco says:

~~~~
    I don’t beleive it either. After this leaked he didn’t even get to play much in the playoffs, thus in my eyes losing the championship.

• ysoserious

:yawn:

• http://myspace.com/thegameoncw Bird

(side eye/smacking teeth) Uh huh. He did it, that’s why his azz got cut for chasing LeBron away. Obviously he ain’t hitting that anymore and is bitter since he clearly has something bad to say, but is not saying because of some special era that he’s from. Boy please. That’s what you get for messing with LeBron’s super duper shady mama.

• Anna

~~~~~~~~
    It’s not some special era, dude doesn’t want to admit the truth. For someone to of had a child in her early teens Gloria looks old in that pic.

• CHARBEE

WHO THE FLUCK GIVES A SHYT ABOUT GLORIA OR DELONTE?????????????????
    :shrugs:

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwsWskgKe5E kingstonn

if he did do her, that’s one hell of an excuse for Lebron not to be focused enough to make it into the playoffs.

• MissGauzzz

Yuck at both of them bammas! :no:

• HoneyDropp

MissGauzzz says:

Yuck at both of them bammas!
    ****************************************
    I feel like I have to say something. I know you guys use the term “Bamma” for whatever reason, but when you ARE from Alabama, it is total disrespect. So it means “Country” to yall or whatever, but to people from Alabama, it seems like you are throwing shade. I hate that term, it similiar to being called a nigga….. #nottrynastartnotrouble but that is my opinion.

• MissGauzzz

@Honey… My apologies if I offended you! :shocked: I did not know that’s considered a derogatory term in Alabama! I have used the term for too many years to count and until now, no one has ever raised an issue. Thanks for kicking the knowledge. Very sorry!

• HoneyDropp

MissGauzzz says:

@Honey… My apologies if I offended you! I did not know that’s considered a derogatory term in Alabama! I have used the term for too many years to count and until now, no one has ever raised an issue. Thanks for kicking the knowledge. Very sorry!
    **************************************************
    It’s okay, my friend in Philly didn’t know it either, and maybe a lot of people don’t know it, but yeah, it’s derogatory, and we tend to get offended. But thanks for understanding, and giving your apologies! Much respect to you for that! :hug:

• Val

HE DIDNT SAY HE CAME FROM A ERA WHERE YOU DONT SLEEP WITH PEOPLES PARENTS.. HE SAID HE COMES FROM A ERA WHERE YOU DONT SAY ANYTHING BAD ABOUT SOMEONE PARENTS…GOOD STRATEGY WEST.. :thumbsup:

• crzasallgetout

@HOneydropp
    “it seems like you are throwing shade”.

That’s true. I don’t like when people say it but I don’t equate it to being called nigga. :shrug: Are you from Alabama?

• Phrozen1der

@Val in other words, “Yea I smashed but I will not DARE say it because that’s someone’s mama”! Lebron better than me because I would have had son shipped to the Middle East to play ball with the “Sand Vipers” dressed in all Arab garb.. #MajorShade >:(

• Phrozen1der

@HoneyDropp I had no idea it was offensive either in that way. I knew it was meant to “throw shade” for someone looking/acting country but didn’t know it was = to the “N” word!

• ELove

ALL THAT Crack she has smoked is finally catching up to her OR she is STILL smoking Dem Rocks because when LBJ 1st came into the league HIS MOMMA was FINE & Very Youthful LQQKING (Real…)

There is NO WAY a woman of her age should be aging that rapidly over just 7 years !!!!! :nono:

Hopefully that’s just a Very Bad PICTURE of Her (IT Happens…)

• M_promp2

Sigh….I wouldn’t be mad or surprised if LeBron fouled out in a game all over his arse. He was trying to be slick and sneaky. The lil sissy.

@Sandra… :dead:

:bow:

• HoneyDropp

crzasallgetout says:
    @HOneydropp
    “it seems like you are throwing shade”.
    That’s true. I don’t like when people say it but I don’t equate it to being called nigga. Are you from Alabama?

Phrozen1der says:

********************************************************
    Yes, I am from Alabama. What I meant was that it similiar to people from Alabama, when you call someone a “Bamma”, just like it pisses blacks off when a YT calls a black person a “nigga”, and they are not black. We here in Alabama, do not call one another “Bamma”….at all. We take offense to that. Do you understand that analogy?
    If you don’t, we don’t like the term, compare it to what you want, but it’s offensive.

• crzasallgetout

@ Honey
    I’m in Bham so I understand. I hate when Tom Joyner laughs when someone calls him that.

• HoneyDropp

@CRZA “We’ve got something in common”. (in my whitney voice) . Being called a Bama doesn’t offend you? ESPECIALLY in the Ham?!

• bama_n_jersey

I totally agree with the Bamma comment. Miss Jones used to say it all the time on Hot 97 and I would get mad about it. I think a lot of people just don’t think about it like we do though. :shrug:

• HoneyDropp

That’s true, they don’t because they don’t understand the connotation that it has here, u know?

• crzasallgetout

@Honey
    I don’t like it. I had to tell someone on here before that we don’t like the word “bama” but I don’t know who it was. I’ve never been called it myself. I do hear it being used more nowadays. I think most folks see Alabamians as “country” and “backwards” for some reason. LOL. When I first went off to college someone asked me if we had more than one red lights. WTH.

• HoneyDropp

@crza In college they asked me did they still burn crosses in our yards? Do we still have dirt roads? They need to visit before making assumptions. My friend in Philly wants to raise her kids here!

• bama_n_jersey

Yea..I have had a lot of people tell me that we are slow and a$$ backwards….but once I came up here I saw that they were really lying. I used to speak to people and they would just look at me. I had to catch myself the other day because I called one of my co-workers name and they answered me with ‘WHAT’.

You are right once people go to Alabama they like it because of the laid back atmosphere and hospitality. My boyfriend is from SC and he act like Alabama is so country…but he sounds like he is from the back woods.

• HoneyDropp

Then they are rude in the NE….do u see that? My friend told me to stop saying “excuse me” because they would know I was a tourist! They would step on your feet, push you, and keep on walking.

• Phrozen1der

@HoneyDropp I understand now, I’ve just never heard that before. I’ve just been educated! Much PYRAMID love your way! :hug:

• crzasallgetout

“You are right once people go to Alabama they like it because of the laid back atmosphere and hospitality”

:nono: Not my husband.LOL. He’s from Chicago and has been here since 92 and still complains about Bham. He wants to move so bad.

@Honey
    I lived in Boston for 3 months and they were rude as hell. I tried to cross the street thinking cars would stop…..:shocked: they almost hit my butt. They were shocked that I don’t have a strong southern accent though.

• HoneyDropp

Phrozen1der says:

****************************************************
    Thanks! Ooo-oop!

• HoneyDropp

crzasallgetout says:

@Honey
    ***************************************************
    I dated a guy from Chicago once. They are different. He hated it here, but most Chicago peeps have that same Atty…Knowing all they grandfolks from down here! They kills me. The tend to have an arrogance about them, since they’re from the Windy City…

• Phrozen1der

LOL it’s always so funny seeing/hearing people’s points of view on others from different states. I battle with my South Carolinian co-workers daily telling them that (Charlotte) with it’s bright lights is like “The BIG CITY” to them LOL!… They have NY jokes too but it’s all in fun…And I’m lowkey considered rude if folks don’t know me, those who do KNOW I stay with jokes…