In case you missed it: the entire cast of the classic 60s musical ‘The Sound of Music’ reunited for the first time in 45 years on Oprah yesterday.

The reason the cast never reunited before was due to the narcissism of actor Christopher Plummer who famously hated on the movie and assumed it was great only because he was in it.

Plummer, 80, stubbornly refused to reunite with the cast in 45 years. So it’s a testament to the respect that Oprah commands that she was able to convince him to participate.

You couldn’t be a child growing up in London and not be familiar this movie. We learned the words to every song in school a few years after the movie came out. ‘The Sound of Music’ earned 5 Oscar Awards and a slew of Oscar nominations.

‘The Sound of Music’ merged the beautiful sounds of the Von Trapp children singers (a real family) with the horrors of Hitler’s World War II. It remains the greatest musical ever.

Click link to read more

At the end of the show, Oprah presented her audience with the remastered 45th anniversary DVD and Blu-ray set of ‘Music’, which includes sing-alongs, and a full length documentary. The DVD goes on sale everywhere on Nov 8.

Source

• lakercrazy

ok im :ashamed: i really don’t know who these people are i proly seen them on tv once or twice :(

• CFREE

:yawn:

• Mamacita

I loved this movie when I was little!

• LilMissRed

:newpost:

• Danielle84

:Yawn:

• Cariblife

I love this movie, so does my mom. I also heart Julie Andrews.

• Danielle84

:yawn: & :newpost:

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iF9wY0kbQ1w ChaCha

@mamacita… how old are you? Im in my very early 30’s and I dont remember this shyt :no:

• AWESOME ARSENAL

morning?

• Anna

lakercrazy says:

ok im i really don’t know who these people are i proly seen them on tv once or twice
    ~~~~~~~~
    LOL. I know young adults who have never seen “The Wizard Of Oz”. I don’t get it. Do parents not watch the tv programs they grew up w/their kids? I watched “The Great Pumkin Charlie Brown” last night and I was home alone.

• b-boy817

I remember singing these songs in school…this is the only musical I can watch without fast fowarding the singing for some reason

• avidreader

:no:

• Daisy

I got nothing but Good Morning and TGIF :woot: :dance:

• FloridaChick813

Guess im a youngin causeI have no idea who these people are :shrug:

On another note… ITS FRIDAY :yahoo:

• Mamacita

@ChaCha :lol: I’m only 24 but I used to watch it when I was little. My 4th or 5th grade teacher showed it to us in music class and I fell in :heart: with it.

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppc6edC8y_g Ace

b-boy817 says:

————————————————————————-
    u must watch alot of tyler perry flicks …

• AWESOME ARSENAL

@Anna
    I put my kids on to Fraggle Rock and ended up having to buy the whole series

• WUTWUZINDAT!?

WUUUUT?

:newpost:

• WUTWUZINDAT!?

Anna
    I put my kids on to Fraggle Rock and ended up having to buy the whole series
    I use to love that show! It comes on HUB now on cable. My kids like it. I wish they’d bring back the muppet show!

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iF9wY0kbQ1w ChaCha

@ mamacita… really..I mean I remember Mary Poppins for sure… I recognize the song “A Few of my Favorite Things” but other than that … :shrug: I got nothing. I bet my Mom would be fascinated

The best part of this whole thing is there a daughter name Leizl … :rofl:

Good Morning Ms Anna, Flo Chica and Awesome

• Anna

AWESOME ARSENAL says:

@Anna
    I put my kids on to Fraggle Rock and ended up having to buy the whole series

~~~~~~~
    LOL. A tradition has to start somewhere.

• b-boy817

Ace says:

b-boy817 says:

————————————————————————-
    u must watch alot of tyler perry flicks …
    _________________________________________________________________________

No I dont, there are alot of musicals besides Tyler Perry plays/flicks…I went to school in Germany and was exposed to alot of musicals

• lakercrazy

@anna my mama is full mexican so she showed me hispanic spanish shows :grin:

• IsaiahsMom

***Proud because she’s never seen this movie before in her entire life***

Morning y’all!

LOL@ #12…right???

• ELove

Good Morning Everybody and HAPPY FRIDAY !!!

Ahhh Ms. Sandra, You KNOW I respect your past experiences & knowledge and I’m Quite Sure this is a BIG Deal to ALOT of YT(s) here in the U.S. JUST LIKE in your Home Country (So Kudos…) :thumbsup:

NOW… In My Reality THIS Movie means Absolutely Nothing to Me !!! Don’t Give TWO SHYTS about this Oprah Reunion THING, Although I REALLY LIKE Chris Plummer as An ACTOR (ONE of the BEST Elder Actors Ever…) :yes:

• http://video.adultswim.com/robot-chicken/watership-fraggle.html Ace

Anna says:

AWESOME ARSENAL says:

@Anna
    I put my kids on to Fraggle Rock and ended up having to buy the whole series

~~~~~~~
    LOL. A tradition has to start somewhere.

October 29, 2010 at 9:43 am
    ———————————————————————-

Fraggle rock was my chit!…check my link

• Anna

Some of you know the songs and don’t connect them to the movie.
    “Doe A Deer A female Deer”
    “Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious?

• lakercrazy

:waves: @flo mamacita and chacha good morning and happy friday :yahoo:

• Mamacita

:rofl: @ Sandra thinking that anyone cared about this post.

That’s my movie and all but I could care less if they reunite. Can we get some REAL T…thaaaaaaaaanks!

• lakercrazy

@elove :rofl: aint that the dam truth!!!

• WUTWUZINDAT!?

Elove say:
    ________________________________________

:rofl: you crazy!

• Mamacita

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeey Lakes

Morning everybody :dandban:

• HALLE’S MUM

Great Movie !!!!

• gypsyeyes

Sorry @ Ace but that was kind of out of left field with that TP comment cause BBoy watched that movie. Sound of Music does not equal TP. Just saying…

• Anna

Sandra a classic movie to some of todays youngin’s is “New Jack City”. GOD forbid if any of them has ever watched “Gone With The Wind”, which by the way is more comical than romantic as you get older.

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iF9wY0kbQ1w ChaCha

Anna says:

Some of you know the songs and don’t connect them to the movie.
    “Doe A Deer A female Deer”
    “Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious?

:yes:

I get it!

____________________________________

Down in Fraggle Rock / Work your cares away / Dancing for another day / Let the fraggles play / Down in fraggle rock …THAT SHYT RIGHT THURR NICCA.. :claps:

Now if Oprah reunite them fools…Im all in

• Anna

ChaCha says:

Anna says:

Some of you know the songs and don’t connect them to the movie.
    “Doe A Deer A female Deer”
    “Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious?

I get it!

____________________________________

Now if Oprah reunite them fools…Im all in

~~~~~~~

• jazi65

WUTWUZINDAT!? says:

Anna
    I put my kids on to Fraggle Rock and ended up having to buy the whole series

**********************

“I’m just a Bill, yes I’m only a Bill and I’m sitting here on capitol hill”

That was my song :lol:

• gypsyeyes

My favorite movie is “The Jerk”. Look at that concept for that movie back in the late 70’s early 80’s. Steve Martin was adopted by a black family and didn’t realize that he was black and he was never exposed to anything white. Hilarious!!!

• http://twitter.com/Southernicity81 LaTechGrad02

*whispers* I love this movie!!

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iF9wY0kbQ1w ChaCha

@ Anna… I love love love Gone with the wind….

Oprah should reunite the cast of COLOR PURPLE… NOW THAT IS ONLY FITTING… AND SHE SHOULD STAY IN ROLE AS SOFIA! :yes:

• WUTWUZINDAT!?

Anna says:

AWESOME ARSENAL says:

@Anna
    I put my kids on to Fraggle Rock and ended up having to buy the whole series

~~~~~~~
    LOL. A tradition has to start somewhere.

October 29, 2010 at 9:43 am
    ———————————————————————-

Fraggle rock was my chit!…check my link

Dance your cares away..(clap clap)

Worry’s for another day..

Let the music play..

Down in fraggle rock..
    :whistle:

• AWESOME ARSENAL

@Gypsyeyes
    LOVE that movie!!!
    Sir, I am a nigga!!

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iF9wY0kbQ1w ChaCha

@ Gypsy..that was the shyt too.. For sure! :yes:

• candibfly

*backflips into a chair, pulls a cord and splashes water on me like that chick in flash dance* so y’all ain’t alert me that there was a new post. hmmph.

• WUTWUZINDAT!?

jazi65 says:

WUTWUZINDAT!? says:

Anna
    I put my kids on to Fraggle Rock and ended up having to buy the whole series

**********************

“I’m just a Bill, yes I’m only a Bill and I’m sitting here on capitol hill”

That was my song
    :cosign: :whistle:

Ah those were the days :lol:

• CFREE

MORNING EVERYONE!!! TGIF! :yahoo:

• Anna

jazi65 says:

WUTWUZINDAT!? says:

Anna
    I put my kids on to Fraggle Rock and ended up having to buy the whole series

**********************

“I’m just a Bill, yes I’m only a Bill and I’m sitting here on capitol hill”

That was my song
    ~~~~~~~~
    I love School House Rocks. Conjuction junction, what’s your function!

• gypsyeyes

when he was working at the gas station and that man was shooting and he decides that “he doesn’t like the cans”

or when he made those glasses and the bridge over the nose made everyone cross eyed. That was/is my favorite movie.

I was watching Airplane the other day and I swear I loved that movie and when I watch it now I can’t understand why I like it so much. When they are talking jive and the white lady starts talking jive back is classic.

• Anna

ChaCha says:

@ Anna… I love love love Gone with the wind….

~~~~~~~
    That would be nice to watch. That movie is a Classic, my sisters and kids could watch it everyday.

• gypsyeyes

candibfly says:

_____
    THAT WAS YOUR BEST ENTRANCE THUS FAR!!!

• candibfly

lol gotta keep y’all on ur toes

what’s the topic? :popcorn: sound like we goin down memory lane

• AWESOME ARSENAL

All I need is this pen and this chair…………………………and this lamp. Yeah, All I need is this pen, this chair, and this lamp…………………………..and this cup. :rofl:

• ELove

@jazi65 (comment #38)
    SchoolHouse Rock was THE SHYT !!!!!
    Too BAD TV execs are too focused in Illiteracy THAN Educating NOWADAYS

Check the ONE you just mentioned (Add the obvious to VIEW…)
    youtube.com/watch?v=mEJL2Uuv-oQ

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iF9wY0kbQ1w ChaCha

candibfly says:

:clap: :clap: * HOLDS UP A 10

COMMENT HEAVEN

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iF9wY0kbQ1w ChaCha

GOOD MORNING E LOVER :kiss:

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrBy3vXwZ_E Str8Cpt

Seriously, this is one of my favorite movies!
    For those who haven’t seen it, you are really missing out..this is a classic….I watch it every time it come on television AND I have the movie.

I teared up watching this because this brings back some great childhood memories!

Good Job Sandy! :thumbsup:

• http://video.adultswim.com/robot-chicken/watership-fraggle.html Ace

gypsyeyes says:

————————————————————————

it was more in response to fast fowarding throw the music to get to the play\flick….

• gypsyeyes

AWESOME ARSENAL says:

______
    OMG! I love that part. when he is reading the letter and he is in the tub and it’s wet so he is reading it the way it looks smudged. OMG!!!
    or when ppl start asking him for money and the man wants money to fix the leather seats on his jet.

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrBy3vXwZ_E Str8Cpt

@Ace..have you ever seen the sound of music?
    #noshadejustasking

• ELove

Morning HOTT Cha Cha :kiss:

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iF9wY0kbQ1w ChaCha

ELove says:

Morning HOTT Cha Cha

I LIKE THAT :kiss: :kiss:

• http://chokolatemilk.blogspot.com Choco

:rofl: for real tho! :rofl: and SMFH!

• LadyJustice

The Sound of Music is my favorit-est movie!!!!! I first saw it in 4th grade my music teacher showed it to me one day and I instantly fell in love and Ive probably watched it about 200 times since. Watching this episode last night brought tears to my eyes (personal reasons) they dont know how much they mean to me :heart:

• PAHairston

Hello All. Off topic: I’M PISSED THAT MONDO DIDN’T WIN!!!!! And according to several blogs, I’m not the only one. (For all you Project Runway fans!)

• meanNsurly

I LOVE the sound of Music!!!!

“The hills are alive with the sound of Music…..”

• VAChick

ChaCha says:
    *****************************************
    I was thinking the same thing. I wanna know what’s up with Harpo and Nettie

• jazi65

:cosign: ELove – back then we were jammin & learning at the same time

• http://mylifeinthesun782.blogspot.com Ms. Everything

I :heart: this movie and now my kids are obsessed with it

• Nina

This is one of my FAVORITE musicals!!

• http://sandrarose.com Sandra Rose

I was just so happy that they are all alive and well. :) I remember watching this movie as a kid and how horrified I was when Liesl’s boyfriend became a boot licking Hitler youth and betrayed the Von Trapp family to the German soldiers. I thought he loved her. :(

• Redeemed777

Doe, a deer, a female deer
    Ray, a drop of golden sun
    Me, a name I call myself
    Far, a long long way to run…

Sow, a needle pulling thread
    La, ( ? don’t know the words here ? )
    Tea, I drink with jam and bread…and it will bring us back to Doe Doe Doe Dope

• Redeemed777

Doe Ray Me
    Me Sow Sow
    Ray Far Far
    La Tea Tea…when you know the words to sing, you can sing most anything!

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKKxPtP6XjQ renegadesince1985

I went to see this with my BFF at the Fox Theatre…it was good!

• Invictus

Love this movie. I’ve watched over 25 times, I’m sure. We all did, back on the rock.

• dopedillema

this couldnt possibly be a real posts…who r these people