A black woman who told U.S. President Obama she was "exhausted" defending him and waiting for him to bring about economic change, has lost her job.

Velma Hart, who told Obama she was worried about her family's financial future, was laid off from her job as the Chief Financial Officer of a veteran’s service organization this week.

"I'm an American veteran, and I'm one of your middle class Americans," Hart said in September during the Town Hall meeting. "And quite frankly, I'm exhausted. Exhausted of defending you, defending your administration, defending the mantle of change that I voted for. And deeply disappointed with where we are right now."

Her supervisor denies laying Hart off because she stood up to Obama.

"It's not anything she did," said Jim King, the national executive director of Am Vets. "She got bit by the same snake that has bit a lot of people. It was a move to cut our bottom line. Most not-for-profits are seeing their money pinched."

He declined to say whether others in Hart's department had also been laid off.

"Velma was a good employee," he told a writer from the Washington Post. "It was just a matter of looking at the bottom line and where could we make the best cuts and survive."

The tea party movement seized upon Hart's comments to Obama as proof that Obama was losing touch with his hard core supporters - African American voters.

Despite chasing the black vote, Obama and the Democrats suffered a humiliating defeat during November's midterm Congressional elections.

• jazi65

I guess that's his fault too :blink:

• Ceasalio

I guess he finally gave her a "Change she could believe in"! lol :violin:

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbGkxcY7YFU kingstonn

@ sandy
    north korea just bombed south korea.
    :wail:

• Mamacita

Uhhhh MILLIONS of people have lost their jobs. WHY IS SHE SO SPECIAL? Do you know how many people will lose their unemployment because REPUBLICANS voted not to extend their benifits.

GTFOHWTBS

• Starr

Did Obama fire her?

Looks like she's going to have ot yank those kids out of private school if she hasn't already, and change her lifestyle....like soo many americans.

• Anna

jazi65 says:

I guess that’s his fault too
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Of course it is, that's the whole reason for the post. LOL.

• Mamacita

*benefits

• Anna

Starr says:

Did Obama fire her?

Looks like she’s going to have ot yank those kids out of private school if she hasn’t already, and change her lifestyle….like soo many americans.

~~~
    That's just it, ppl don't know how to down size. They will not pay their insurance but keep their cable and cell bills paid.

• Tink Tink

I guess he finally gave her a “Change she could believe in”! lol
    _________________________________________________________________________

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCtrmbuSKpQ ChaCha

I dont like to hear of people losing thier jobs. I wish her as much luck as I wish the other bazillion people that are jobless. :shrug:

• SuthernBelle4

and these are the folks who have to get a reality check. :offtopic: did you hear about the club promoter shutting down the Harvard alumni party because he suspected gang bangers on the scene :rolleyes:

• Mamacita

"That’s just it, ppl don’t know how to down size. They will not pay their insurance but keep their cable and cell bills paid."

Exactly. How many people are gonna spend all their money this weekend on flat screen tvs, cell phones, etc. but haven't paid their bills yet...

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTFZyl7hfBw Str8Cpt

Sandy..you see how she's looking at him in that still frame shot? That's how I'm looking at you when you turn comments off and delete sh.it
    :blink:

• ALBoy

__________________________________
    Being unemployed when you want to work is crap i pray she finds something
    but you got to know you bumping yo gums at the POTUS you might be the first to go :no:

• Pikaso

Why would he decline to say if others had been laid off if she was not being laid off because of her speech to the POTUS? That is usually the first thing people say..

• b-boy817

She was the CFO of an organization?? Im sure even after a lay off, she is in a better position than a lot of people.

• http://twitter.com/Jerrica_Lewis Jerrica

Exactly. How many people are gonna spend all their money this weekend on flat screen tvs, cell phones, etc. but haven’t paid their bills yet…
    ********************************************************************
    :cosign: I make sure my bills are paid before I do anything and I don't even have a 9-5 job. The money that I do get for babysitting and things like that goes straight to my bill then if I have extra I'll spend some on my nephew but I make sure to keep a little something just for emergencies.

• http://sandrarose.com Sandra Rose

Pikaso says:

:cosign:

• http://sandrarose.com Sandra Rose

Str8Cpt says:

Sandy..you see how she’s looking at him in that still frame shot? That’s how I’m looking at you when you turn comments off and delete sh.it

Certain actions may sometimes be taken by the blog owner that you, the reader, may not agree with. But these actions are taken to uphold and protect the integrity of the blog and its sponsors. I hope you understand.

• LuvMySailor

@SuthernBelle4 what story was that?

I'm sorry she lost her job. I've not been fully employed myself for MONTHS.

However, I am more concerned about the Republicans blocking unemployment benefits

• http://mstrendy.com/ MsTrendy

You could tell in the video that she was headed that way in the first place but her statement more than likely confirmed it. She is to old to be handling business in this matter. She show her weakness and that's why she was placed in the position. I'm not balling out of control but the whole time I'm like recession where? I do what I have to do. Don't depend on one source of income coming in and that doesn't mean having a million jobs. Figure it out.

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_wjBDrUsKo BROWNSUGAPOET

Well folks Im leavin in a few so those who won't be back on have a happy thanksgiving!

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTFZyl7hfBw Str8Cpt

It ain't right! :argue:

But I do understand....although I don't know if integrity and blog should ever be used in the same sentence :shrug:

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNu4oYyqYl0 Man, I just don’t care™

Velma Hart will now become a professional violin player.
    :violin:

• CFREE

Bye @BROWN, HAPPY TURKEY DAY

• http://sandrarose.com Sandra Rose

BROWNSUGAPOET says:

Well folks Im leavin in a few so those who won’t be back on have a happy thanksgiving!

:cya: Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours! And Happy Thanksgiving to everyone who's leaving early today! Does this mean I don't have to blog tomorrow? :)

• Anna

BROWNSUGAPOET says:

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours! And Happy Thanksgiving to everyone who’s leaving early today! Does this mean I don’t have to blog tomorrow?

~~~~~~~
    Happy Thanksgiving to you. I have to work tomorrow.

• MissHarlem

This chit right her nugga this chit right here *katt williams voice* glad I got my daily dose of comedy

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCtrmbuSKpQ ChaCha

BROWNSUGAPOET says:

:rolleyes: UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM YES!

• MissHarlem

UMMMMM NO you have to blog SANDRA thanks in advance :wink:

• Jessie

She needs to call her Senator and Representative and demand they not block unemployement. She's frustrated with the wrong person.

• WUTWUZINDAT!?

Mamacita says:

GTFOHWTBS
    :cosign:

• AllNYC

I am always sorry when someone loses their job.
    However,maybe she should have tending to her job instead of worrying about Obama's rep.

• http://twitter.com/jaysreallife Jay Bee

"They got money for wars
    but cant feed the poor" 2pac

• QueenSJ

It's pathetic to make fun of someone being layed off...yall are just sad excuses...

• Lady_L

Mamacita says:

GTFOHWTBS

---------------------------------------------------
    I was just having this discussion the other day... SMDH...

• MsKnowIT

I was extremely disappointed at this woman's comment in front of the world on how President Obama isn't doing his job. It was EXACTLY the kind of division the Right wing conservatives and Tea Party activist were hoping for. When this woman spoke I'm sure they were overjoyed at how this Black woman confronted our first African American president to tell him she was now "on their side". I think like many impatient others she is being too critical on the job he has done. They are quick to forget that it took 8 years under another President's watch to get into this mess and it will take about that long to get out of this mess. Obama has ended a war, changed laws for women workers for fare pay, nominated the first hispanic to the Supreme court, made the wise decision to bail out GM and put laws in place for more oversight in the stock market to end the gambling game that caused this economic crisis. I can't speak on why she lost her job but she certainly has time to think about what said to embarrass the President.

• pointhimout

that's unfortunate for her but a CFO, she'll be ok, trust me. she may have to pull the rug rats from private school, or not. we all have/had to adjust somewhere's.