Nelly Responds…

Rapper Nelly came for me on Twitter today in response to my post titled “Nelly Lashes Out at Nicki Minaj and Universal Records”. He tweeted: “Wtf is @sandrarose talking about? I did not lash out @nickiminaj! I am a fan and have nothing but respect and luv for nikki!”

I respectfully retract my earlier statement as it appears that I was given the wrong information. Nelly would never disrespect a female artist. He was in fact lashing out at Universal Records out of frustration due to his record sales, and rightfully so if you under ship and under promote your artists.

“No artist has control over another artist’s budget. Nor are they responsible for how a label markets their artist!!,” he tweeted.

54 Responses to “Nelly Responds…”

calisally says:

LOL @ “Nelly would never disrespect a female artist.”

CivilEngineer says:

I love the sarcasm @Sandy

eastpointvet says:

lol i dont think anybody got that he was talking about nikki in the first place

Eb says:

It must be your azz cause it ain’t your face, I need a tip drill :dance:

greykidd says:

did They sick there lawyers on you??

West Coast Chick says:

:wail: BRAT!!!!!

I guess Nelly isn’t sending Sandra a check, And i think those darn barbies where coming for Nelly’s head …LLS

Daisy says:

Nelly :hump: and :heart: Now Nelly is an artist I have always loved but I have never brought a cd of his

kdillon says:

The execs have power to pull from one artist budget to go towards another who they have a bigger investment in. If Nikki was over budget the funds have to come from somewhere that was already forecasted during planning stages. Nelly got shafted, but his music isnt that great anyway. The label knew Nelly wouldnt break into the top 5 with his album, so why pumped money into a failing album? It has to be recouped, so when Nikki does well then Nelly will to.

aqtpie says:

:dance: I see you shining Sandra!!! Oohh Nelly :hump: !!!

kdillon says:

Sandra, please dont start kissing ass!!! Nelly will not do a damn thing but keep reading your blog and our comments.
    Hey Nelly, If you’re reading this you still suck ass and black women dont support you!

dblaq says:

One thing that I never understood with many artists is that an artist getting signed to a major is a business relationship but it is dominated by the label. The label looks only at numbers at BDS, Mediabase, Soundscan, etc. and whoever produces gets favortism. An artist can dictate how a label will maneuver budgets. During my tenure at MCA I learned that labels will sign a gang of artists and these non selling artist will support the selling artists, budgets get shifted all the time.

But back to the beginning. If I was signed to a major and get an advance or made a sh!tload of money, I would invest my own money in my own promotions team, my own marketing. Yes there are some restrictions but you can hire your own radio person to make sure you record will produce #’s so that the label will pick it up.

Unfortunately, many artists do NOT want to spend their own money on things like that. They wait for the label to do it. If you are serious about yours then I won’t put my destiny in someone elses hand sorry

Anna says:

~~~~~~~~~
    I didn’t know black women didn’t support him. I probably only know two of his songs, does he diss woman in them? I don’t watch music videos, does he degrade them in his videos?

West Coast Chick says:

__________________________________________________

:coffee: she aint lyin…

aqtpie says:

Sandra is being sarcastic with this post!!

Genia says:

Nelly Nel!! calm down soldier and fall back…Sandra Rose has intelligent readers boo…we know you weren’t lashing out at Niki…now breath. You should use that energy to pound the hell out of your computer mouse until your spell check works again….Now that’s the real issue.

@Anna
    I think majority of black women with morals stopped supporting him during Tip Drill, he was even banned from performing at a black college.
    For me, he has nothing I want to hear…..

Choco says:

Nelly stay the fuk off TWITTER

DOWN WITH TWITTER DOWN I SAY :rofl:

darkflava says:

LMAO @ Black women not supporting Nelly!! C’mon with that mess. Alot of women (black/white/latina/asian) whatever claim they don’t support an artist whenever he has half butt naked women dancing in his video, but at the same time those are the same women that damn near drop their drinks and push you over to get to the dance floor and “drop it low” while reciting verbatim EVERY lyric in said “bytches and hoez” hot song of the week.

@Darkflava
    Thats why I stated black women with morals…..

West Coast Chick says:

@Anna
    For me, he has nothing I want to hear…..

______________________________________________

she aint lying… :coffee:

spongebobfan says:

nellys right, and i knew the “nelly mad at nikki” was a outright lie anyway. nelly is frustrated but nikki has nothing to do with it

ImSuchaLady says:

darkflava, you forgot that some of them will also throw their panties at the artists. I know ya’ll remember Tyrese being on the stage and not being able to see him through all of the panties.

kdillon says:

Thats another thing, I never understood the throwing of the panties…. I mean, the artist doesnt know who threw them. (I almost threw up)

spongebobfan says:

How long ago was tip drill? goodness people…
    also isnt nelly motown/universal and nikki youngmoney/universal

Choco says:

Im sure they are clean panties I mean all the women wear skirts and pull off used panties :hurl: I hope not

kdillon says:

I think thats the point of the used panty throwing, the scent (ewwww). Throwing clean panties are pointless, and are they carrying the clean panties in their purses?

Genia says:

ImSuchaLady says:

_________________________________________________________________________
    You know I never really understood the MASS Panty Throwing thing either Lady…being engulfed in panties of strangers with assorted aroma of mystery body secretions…..uh…yeah……like Kdillon….I just threw up

Choco says:

@Kdillon
    If them heffas throwing used panties thats some toxic chit right there :hurl:

ImSuchaLady says:

Maybe they are throwing clean panties with their photo and phone number in them? :)

Genia says:

kdillon says: and are they carrying the clean panties in their purses?
    __________________________________________________________________
    And if they are…..WHY? What horrible childhood incident encourages you to want to do that.

..I don’t know about you…but if I see a female with a pair of underwear in her purse…I assume she’s on her period.

@Choco
    I think they are used (lol)! SMH

You guys have effectively killed the sexiness of the panty throwing tradition…

kingstonn says:

(jamie foxx voice)
    throw yo panties on the staaaaaaaage.
    throw yo panties ’cause i like it girl……

:whistle:

@Genia

Or a perspiration issue, kind of like Sasha Fierce on a long day at the office.

Choco says:

@Kdillon
    Trick I tell ya ain’t no damn way EFF EM ALL :lol:

@KDILLON
    “… so I think we can all agree that the panties that are being thrown are used. Thats why Drake looks like Mask, he is always getting dirty panties thrown in his face and taking long deep breaths.”
    _______________________________________________________________________

:rofl: ….
    :hurl:

ChaCha says:

NELLY SHOULD NEVER SPEAK..JUST STAND THERE AND LOOK GOOD :yes:

ELove says:

@darkflava —–> :rofl:

Daisy says:

I am good and grown (over 30) african american woman with morals who supports Nelly, although I dont buy his music it has nothing to do with tip drill or song content I just dont buy much rap :coffee:

Redeemed777 says:

^^^^^^

Hmph! you say you don’t buy much rap, but yet you are #team everybody.

Imma need you Daisy to put your Gravatar principles to use.

kwall says:

so nelly can SEE us? hey boo :hump:

…if reuben studdard can marry a girl who was featured in “tip drill”… who are we to say anything about its content? if you like that kind of thing i don’t think anybody should say anything against it..to each their own.

kwall says:

ummmm…daisy you have sinned… :rofl:

YSoSerious says:

Redeemth hath spoken. Live by your Gravi or die by your Gravi. :coffee:

West Coast Chick says:

YSoSerious says:

Redeemth hath spoken. Live by your Gravi or die by your Gravi.

___________________________________________________

YSoSerious says:

Nelly should be out promoting his album instead of worrying about Twits and Twats that stay blogging bullchit. :coffee:

Daisy says:

@redeemed #chileplease I am going to need you to STOP being so heavenly minded that you are no earthly good :rolleyes:

If you must know here is my list of rappers that I buy/bought: Nas, Kanye, Outkast, Common, Jay (only 2) TI #thatisall

Now I do buy a lot of neo soul and r&b :yes:

@Kwall I am a sinner saved by grace in Jesus name :pray:

pointhimout says:

yawwwwwn Nelly. you have to do more than be JD’s sidekick to remain relevant. Who invests large sums of money into a plunging stock anyways? true or not, no one should be surprised. nelly’s time has come and gone. he should be thankful he rose to the top the way he did.

Cinnamon Kisses says:

:rofl: I see aint NOTHING changed!!!

lakercrazy says:

**comes thru door screaming****** YALL LEEEEAAAAAAAVE MY BAAAAAABBBBBBBY ALONE :wail: @NELLY WE KNOW U WOULDN’T TALK ABOUT A FEMALE THAT WAY SO FUK THE HATERS AND DO U :love:

momo says:

SERIOUSLY…who is still checking for Nelly? :yawn:

Lady_L says:

——————————————————————
    momo says:

SERIOUSLY…who is still checking for Nelly?

——————————————————-