Nicki Minaj ft. Eminem – Roman’s Revenge

Nicki’s much-anticipated track “Roman’s Revenge” featuring Eminem leaked online over the weekend. In it she unleashes the full wrath of her Roman Zolanski alter ego on her arch nemesis Lil Kim and other female rappers who defined an era.

Is this the thanks I get for putting you bishes on?
Is it my fault that all of you bishes gone
Should’a sent a thank you note, you little ho
Now I’ma wrap your coffin with a bow.

Nicki, she just mad cause you took her spot
Word, that bish mad ’cause I took the spot?
Well bish if u ain’t sh*ttin’, then get off the pot
Got some n*ggas out in Brooklyn that’ll off ya top

Some fool has convinced rapper Nicki Minaj that she is a Hip Hop phenomenon — and she believes that lie. Whoever or whatever Nicki Minaj thinks she is, she will never be the Queen B!

The truth is, Nicki Minaj and all her silly gimmicks will never impact Hip Hop the way Lil Kim has.

Nicki’s gimmick fails badly on this lame track. Her nursery school attack disses are even worse than Nicki’s annoying cartoonish voices and exaggerated accents.

No wonder Eminem initially refused to jump on this track with Nicki. Can you blame him? Em kills this track and he didn’t even need an annoying voice to do it.

Watch Nicki Minaj perform in Trinidad after the break!

70 Responses to “Nicki Minaj ft. Eminem – Roman’s Revenge”

eastpointvet says:

all kim needs is a good ghostwriter and she will come out with something hot

Al-Ameera says:

I agree with post 1 & 2.

Also, that fake azz looks ugly in that outfit. UGH

Cant say I’m a fan yet. But hey it is what it is. She made a lane now she gotta drive in it. I’m sure there were naysayers when Kim came out. Let the future tell all

CHARBEE says:

I can’t stand Nikki…….. not at all>>>>>>>

The b@#$h only getttin paid cause of them damn faces she makes and that whinny azz voice.

The old Lil Kim would have smashed that AZZ…………….

We want KIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lakercrazy says:

@sandra :cosign: that azz is too fake like yesterday this lady had a a Selena costume and telln errbody her azz was all her :rolleyes: so in all the other clothes ur azz disapears :rofl:

Cariblife says:

Is this wench serious wid this mess?? Kim here is your opportunity to reintroduce yourself to these youngins come at her hard and don’t stop please and thank you.

lakercrazy says:

@therapist is that u in the gravi???? :shock:

Man, I just don't care™ says:

:claps:
    DO YO’ MUTHAPHUCKIN THANG NICKI! PUTTIN THESE FLAT BOOTY HOES OUTTA BUSINESS! It’s 2010… ain’t NAIR excuse for flat azzes.

I don’t even think she’s the great a rapper. Her metaphors and analogies are elementary at best… but she spit ‘em so hard…SOMETIMES.

jazi65 says:

Em’s lyrics were sick…Nicki is sickening. If this is the best she can do she might as well fade away now. Come on Queen Bee..save us from this foolishness!

eastpointvet says:

yall must of forgot biggie not here to pen kim rhymes that made her hot but since she suppose to have some roc nation deal maybe jay can pen her comeback diss song

QueenSJ says:

The way I see it, nobody is as hungry for it as Nicki. All of Kim’s energy being thrown at Nicki should’ve been put into making a hot record if she REALLY wanted to come with it…

Krysi J says:

GOODMORNING EVERYONE!! :hug:

missed yall

@Topic

Lyrics look good :coffee:

laykeya says:

Sandra Rose you are one funny lady.I agree with you though that she will never make an impact the way lil’ Kim did.

ySoSerious says:

Morning SR friends and neighbors. :yahoo:

I’m not a huge Lil Kim fan but Nicki Minaj can’t seriously think she got enough weight to rumble with The Bee. :rolleyes:

I wish Kim would channel her old self, chew this bish up and spit her azz out so we could be done with her desperate antics. :coffee:

LaTechGrad02 says:

:yawn: Dang Sesame Street is getting rough with the lyrics… Oscar the Grouch and Cookie Monster went in……oh right this isn’t PBS.

nursedawn03 says:

I so agree with you on this one Sandra. Nikki def will not win over fans that are 25 and up trying to play Lil Kim like that.

brucebaner1 says:

Nikki may be fake but so is Lil Kim; face, body, and personality. What will they battle for? Who sold sex the most? The most plastic parts? Who’s weave is better? Who’s nose is better? They are both disgraces when I think about what I want to instill in my daughter…..

brucebaner1 says:

FYI – lil kim can’t be her old self; Biggie is dead………

LaceJagger says:

IS SHE SERIOUS? I CONCUR WITH SANDRA, “FAKE AZZ”! NICKI WHO? KIM WHERE ARE YOU COME AND SLAY THIS CJICK ASAP

bnatural says:

Did Em say he’d piss a Happy Meal off?

kimip84 says:

that video was comedy LOL

brucebaner1 says:

laykeya – you dont think Nikki already has more of an impact than Kim did? She doesn’t even have an album out and made a song with one of the best all time. Nikki has the Internet; Kim just had older teens purchasing her CD’s. If we are comparing careers Nikki has already passed Kim without a single soundscan……

I can’t wait till this bytch fades into oblivion :yawn:

MissHarlem says:

Say what you may but her work ethic knows no bounds. I recognize any hustle for a min she didnt say anything and all that time Kim should have came out with something but she didnt so get over it. I stopped listening to Lil Kim after hardcore anyway.

babynewyear77 says:

Kim is comin and she will show no mercy….she done already told ha. Lol….fa real.

eastpointvet says:

yeah im kinda with bruce she already a bigger brand than kim ever had with no album out yet. Nikki writes her raps and yall act like Kim is the most natural girl out there.

mirsmommy says:

Heyyy yall. :waves:

Nikki is starting to grow on me, a lil, but her voice still annoys the hell outta me.

I wish Kim would come back, too, hell, I’ll even take the Broken Silence Foxy if Kim ain’t goin do nuthin bout this sh!t here. :/

laykeya says:

@Brucebaner I don’t think Nikki Minaj will last in this business. Once the kids get over her gimmicks I think she will fade, and i don’t think emulating a doll will become the new trend in hip-hop.

teredrews says:

LMAO at Sandra but I toatlly agree with you

iyonah says:

yeah im kinda with bruce she already a bigger brand than kim ever had with no album out yet — good point EAST in terms of her BRAND. I just want less BARBIE on crack, I liked Beam Me Up Scottym but Sucka Free and Playtimes is OVER were HARD. Then she start meing a BARBIE gone mad :nono: . I just hope some of the old Nicki comes back lyrically. She is going to do well on Friday, whether some people think she real or fake anyway.

Cinderella says:

@ lakeya, What female rapper has lasted over 10 years, continuing to make hit record? Missy Ellliot is the only one I can think of but she’s been on the decline.

laykeya says:

@ Iyonah I respectfully disagree I don’t think she is a bigger brand than little kim ever was. I don’t know but does she have any endorsement deals, I meant outside of the hip-hop community nobody is really checking for her, remember that lil kim used to get paid to show up to fashion shows and sit in the front rows, and this was before people like Amber Rose and such were permitted to do so.

iyonah says:

yeah im kinda with bruce she already a bigger brand than kim ever had with no album out yet — good point EAST in terms of her BRAND. I just want less BARBIE on crack, I liked Beam Me Up Scotty but Sucka Free and Playtimes is OVER were HARD. Then she start being a BARBIE gone mad :nono: I just hope some of the old Nicki comes back . She is going to do well on Friday, whether some people think she real or fake anyway.

laykeya says:

@ cinderella u are right no female hip hop MC has lasted a long time in the biz. but I think after Nikki’s album comes out and flops( which I honestly think it will) she will be done.

Ace says:

I have a comment but i don’t know how to word it so I’m just gonna rant and if you don’t understand a lick of it so be it ignore it.

I understand the “hate” for Nicki. Her style is not what is expected of a MC. Her delivery is “different”. Her body modifications obvious. Creating her own lane like NOONE else. But all these things are what created her money tree…so why not…being in the game is all about being relevant and making money…and she is doing both 100%

When Lil Kim came out …she was all the above…Style different, Delivery different. created her own lane away from all other female artist. She received the same hate..just from a different audience.

as for the beef…i really don’t understand it..why kim? honestly Kim is not relevant in the rap game today. she survives off her past accomplishments from the late 90s and early 2000s…Nicki knows Beef sells records..but She could of went after a more relevant female MC. Maybe Trina or someone who is currently making music. not someone who hasn’t done anything since ’05.

Nicki receives a lot of hate due to her lack of substance, her nursery rhyme style and schizophrenic flow. But if hip hop was all about substance and straight flow then every artist would come out sounding like a tribe called quest #noshade

I respect Nicki for coming into the game and taking a different lane. And doing what it takes to “stay” relevant for her short time in hip hop. But she should either stay away from beef or pick more formidable opponents. She will sell a few plantium albums (maybe not in a week or two but she will go platinum ala Drake)

iyonah says:

@laykeya – She is touring on mixtape and features, its a wrap once she drops the album. And KIM is known yeah, but her efforts once BIG passed weren’t sadly. I liked the album she had before she was locked up. She presented something HIP HOP never saw when she initially came out, but I just don’t see her bouncing back and Nicki going anywhere anytime soon. ALOT of people really LOVE Nicki. I mean this BARBIE things is out of control all over not just in the states. If she has 1/2 an album of HITS its a wrap, and I think her YM camp will make sure of that. I wouldn’t be suprised if she breaks some record with her album sales.

On another note, google Nitty Scott .. she is up and coming and breathes life into females in hip hop.

I love Nikki UNBEARABLY but boy o boy i am not Patiently waiting for KIM’S response. KIM better have a response before the weekend is here! Sandra you will you post KIM’S response if she so happens to do 1? this is BROOKLYN vs QUEENS now lol

EJLOVE says:

@ACE, KIM will was and IS relevant to hip-hop, and female MC’s. say what you want be she made history. Without Kim there would be NO them… so her relevance is SEALED, SOLIDIFIED…not to be MODIFIED. She showed us a different side when she came back with Lighters up…she everyone singing that damn song, it was tight…Kim has it in her…she just has to know it. I’m glad Nicki is here, poking the bear….hopefully Kim will MAUL that azz

teredrews says:

“Nicki writes her raps”

I could have sworn a 3rd grader wrote them

She is “hawt” for right now but I cannot stand her style. Faces, voices, etc. She will soon fade away as C-error is slowly doing-not to say they are on the same style- but her time is limited

laykeya says:

I guess I just have a hard time accepting that this gimmick is a representative of female rap artist. I just google Nitty Scotty and she’s alright certainly has better lyrics than Nikki but sad to say we her music will probably never see the light of day, because I guess no one wants to hear a female emcee, it’s all about what she looks like.I swear rap is dying going the way of disco.

all_canadian says:

Good morning!

I can’t believe I’m even responding to this but… That song, in my opinion, isn’t very good. The only catchy thing was “LIKE A DUNGEON DRAGON!”. Other than that, it is straight up rap and will never be played on mainstream radio. Maybe they don’t care but, the only place I think I’d hear that would be on Sirius Shade 45 or something. It would be a good song to listen to when driving but, it could have used some more hiphop elements like a smooth hook-there really isn’t anything, is there? It all sounds very fast and angry, just pure beef track, not ever going to make it into the Top 40 like the song Eminem did with Rhianna.

As for Kim… I caught a snippet of her on VH1, an older music video where she had the bright pink wing. She looked so much like Nicki, well, Nicki looked like her. But isn’t that how it goes? Most of these mainstream artists recycle other people’s looks. Lady Gaga comes to mind! I rememember listening to “Put Your Lighters Up” THAT SONG WAS DEADLY! I played it on repeat when it came out on my discman LOL. I knew all the lyrics by heart, yeah, Kim musically in my opinion was better when she did her thing and had her moments.

eastpointvet says:

but a side point is no female has stayed relevant in hiphop for a long period of time. its few males who have done it let alone females. so the point of relevancy for a long time is not really a point when it comes to females because there has not been one to do it. nikki can rap if you point to any of her old material you can see that. the thing is she did the barbie thing and it created a life of its own. she was on a video talking with baby of cash money and talking aobut how she is really torn because she has two audiences. ones who was with her early and those who became a part of the barbie movement so its like she has two different audiences to please other than the few that likes both. and yeah she animated and all that but if u notice none of her singles for the album been like that only guest appearances. i also applaud her for putting out singles only featuring her up until this point and not drake and wayne because it would be easy to lean on them and make a hit record.

iyonah says:

@ laykeya – I hear where you are coming from, but I don’t knock Nicki. I just want her to tune it down a little with the gimmicks from time to time. And Nitty might get some support, she’s making the hip hop blog rounds.

@ east – noticed that too, she def could have leaned on them but she hasn’t. And that sounds right, she has her barbie crew for sure and the original team.

@ace – No offense, but Trina, def NEVER had any real lyrical content, if anything she is a kim wanna be that never made it CLOSE. I def wouldn’t see the point in Nicki saying something to anyone but KIM, no other female besides her has really come out to say anything negative about her “MOVEMENT”

Secret says:

Well who do you think will do good because not only does Nicki have an album coming out but so does Kanye West and Jay Z on the same day. :think:

Ace says:

eastpointvet says:

———————————————————————–

:cosign:

lexdiamonz says:

seriously the lil kim/NM should be reclassified as CORNED BEEF …. lil kim delivery is what made her regardless of who wrote the rhymes we all know big and cease wrote her but i am not too sure minaj writing her own ish either but it seems to be if u can actually rap u dont get put on it is all T/A on who makes it big ….. why is it chicks got to be with a click of dudes b4 they even get put on but NM is mainstream so from a marketing standpoint she rocking it … but the question is does an artist truly have to “sell-out” to sell-out????

lexdiamonz says:

and for real would she really be the #1 rap chick if she didn’t have a big azz…. seriously my only problem with rap at this point is whatever happened to VARIETY it is a dying breed.. back in the day (yeah i said it ) we had the “backpack” movement the 5 percenters, gangsta rap…. bubble gum rap..etc…. i blame Puffy stank azz he used to be the remix KING now he just a hook and a gimmick…..i mean what the hell is dirty money rap, pop, bullShyt WHAT i dont get it …..

Secret says:

Why does it matter who wrote the songs, people act like its a bad thing. Lil Kim still delievered it with ease. Sorry to mention this person but Beyonce steals people songs write a word and claim it as hers. EX Irreplaceable. Like lexdiamonz says, Nicki has people writing for her too. Nicki just wont tell you that

Secret says:

delivered ***

LuvKaya says:

The operative word being used in this thread is OLD…. Yes lil kim is old. All her albums she put out since hardcore *biggie* flopped.
    To those who listened to the lyrics know Nicki killed kim in her verses… Can’t deny that. She did what she was suppossed to do battle on wax. Classic rap I say. Now kim have to come hard. Or get off the pot if she aint ****ting…lmao!!

LuvKaya says:

R & B and hip hop are diff generes of music. In R & B ppl are expected to have songs written for them. But if they can write and sing their own music, ie. Alicia, Taylor, then kudos for doing so.

That is not how rap started. If you wanted to rap you had to come off your dome with original rhymes. If you copied offa someone you lost points in rap.

jay Bee says:

yo wat up Sandra and fam! one of philly veejays (Miss Jonesy) make a good point about nicki she mentioned that alot of artist kill their own careers (thinking they are untouchable and forgetting about the NEXT big thing)

During powerhouse in Philly, nicki did not grant interviews to the philly djs/veejays I was apalled..lol

I hope nicki humble her self and knows the next big thing is 2morrow

I enjoy nicki as an artist and hope lil kim come thru with sum fiyahhh, it’ll put a lil spunk in the female rap game and on another note u got keys the problem (Mc from B more)

Ace says:

@iyonah says:

————————————————————————–
    I must admit i was grasping at straws to think of a “current” “active” female artist other then Ms. 32 flavors who would of been pointless to mention. I aslo forgot it was Kim that made the first jab at nicki…

brucebaner1 says:

Nikki haters should all rememer Busta Rhymes, Biz Markie, and Dougie Fresh; all different rappers that had quirky personalities. To not like Nikki because of her sound or “nursery” rhymes is to not like hip-hop. Where are all the 80′s babies? None of you 80′s babies should be hating on Nikki because you know before hiphop became “hardcore” (90′s)it was fun……

brucebaner1 says:

@Ace – I agree; Trina was just (and still is) a pretty face. I can’t think of any female (other than Queen Latifa) having more of an impact than Nikki

LuvKaya says:

@brucebaner

Very good point. And lets not forget odb..ol dirty bastard.

brucebaner1 says:

@LuvKaya – I forgot about ODB…..He was one of my favorites….what was a damn shimmy shimmy yaaaaa? We loved it……

Starr says:

Nicki’a album will do well cuz the industry itself is watered down.

I”m not impressed. People keep saying atleast she write her lyrics…soo…i’ve heard them, and their garbage. I”m waiting for the public to be onto the next

STL OPINION! says:

I read most of the comment and YEA YEA YEA WHATEVER! jus like lauryn hill said “HIP HOP STARTED OUT IN THE HEART…NOW EVERYBODY TRYNA CHART”…Now thats the best rapper..LAURYN HILL!

brucebaner1 says:

@STL OPINION! – I forgot about Lauryn…..you’re right

STL OPINION! says:

I know yall know the rest…”Come on baby, light my fire
    Everything you drop is so tired
    Music is supposed to inspire
    How come we ain’t getting no higher?
    Now tell me your philosophy
    On exactly what an artist should be
    Should they be someone with prosperity
    And no concept of reality?”…Lauryn hill lyrics are SO relevant to this situation!

Mrs2gud4ya says:

Im a Nicki fan…..but this was horrible! first of all Hi ALL!!!!!

that outfit was not good at ALL!

I’m puzzled why she didn’t recite all of her explicit lyrics when at the 2:15 mark i seek someone holding up liquor! smdh

starstatus says:

I agree with a lot of you in this thread especially @eastpointvet. The thing is people clown Nicki’s lyrical style and ability but just as @brucebaner1 said her style is reminiscent of the 80′s era when hip hop started. It was very quirky, livid, animated, they made up words like “Ladadadee, we came to party, we don’t cause problems and we dont bother nobody?” Thats a nursery rhymed line and thats how lyrics were in old hip hop. Just listen to old Ll cool J, salt and pepa, slick rick, doug E fresh. Animated rappers like busta and ODB as others mentioned.

Also This song was simply a beef track. Nicki did exactly wat they do, hit hard and abuse the opponent with her words. I remember hit em up by tupac going at the whole bad boy family. Remember the rotten foul words. Kim did come at Nicki first in all those interviews and I was wondering why didnt she make diss tracks first and then pop off in the interviews.

Another thing, In rap its a cop out to have someone write ya rhymes because you are just talking over a track. Rnb you are using your vocal techniques to sing so writing isn’t necessary. And its true most female rappers have a short shelf life so if Nicki doesn’t last, it wouldnt be uncommon. I do think the fact that she can diversify away from the typical rap sound, do pop music, sing a little, write, goes n her favor.

Talking on interviews was a weak move but I can’t wait to see what Kim comes up with to counter this. To me it’s easier to come second on a diss track. So let’s see what Kim has.

STL OPINION! says:

@ star status

yu dont even know what your talking about kim didnt come out of NOWHERE w/ the interview nicki had already been dissin kim! if you care enough to comment then do your research first!

brucebaner1 says:

@ STL – I’ve seen interviews where Nikki has paid Kim homage. Kim just wants too much respect for something that she has to MAINTAIN. Nikki shouldn’t kiss up to her because she was good. She should be good now;she sounds bitter… you have to pay homage to your own legacy, by maintaining it!

STL OPINION! says:

OK nicki can easily pay homage in a interview then go back on a track and completely diss the **** out of her thats wat kim is talkin bout! dont imitate me and call yourself paying homage then go back and diss me its called bein FAKE! and wtf you will want FULL respect from somethin you made possible too what you mean!

STL OPINION! says:

and lik i said before i hope kim dont say **** until after that weak ass album comes out dont giv this desperate female no free promo! i feel where kim comin 4rm jus keep quiet for time being!

intensemocha says:

HOT FREAKIN GARBAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NIKKI SIT AND SPIN EVERYBODY AINT CHECKING FOR YOUR TOURETTES, SCOOBY, YABBA DABBA FAKE BARBIE AZZ

LIL KIM AND FOXY AT LEAST SPIT SOME SHIAT THAT WE MAY NOT HAVE CONDONED BUT UNDERSTOOD WHERE THEY WERE COMING FROM

YOUR SHIAT ALL OVER THE PLACE-PLEASE TAKE SOME RITALIN AND HAVE A SEAT