Jay Z Covers Delta’s SKY Magazine

Jay Z covers the May 2011 issue of Delta Airlines in-flight magazine, SKY. He talks about his book Decoded which made the NY Bestseller’s list and he mentions being given “a gift from God” to tell a story exactly as he wanted it to be told.

He also touched on why he left his home boys standing on the corner to take up with the corporate suits who make him feel more appreciated in their exclusive circle:

“It may sound a little arrogant, but I just think people can’t handle when somebody is successful. Something has gotta be wrong; you gotta be down with some higher power. And I guess when someone else is successful, it makes you feel like you’re a failure. So it can’t be you, it has to be some other force.”

And in order to remain in good standing in the good old boy network, Jay Z is focusing on expanding his growing portfolio by opening a chain of airport lounges in markets such as Atlanta, and developing sports arenas and Broadway plays. Good for him.

You can read the entire article by clicking here.

Source

• http://youtu.be/kLdrlZFtIDs kingstonn

h to the izzo. v to the izzay.
    that’s all i got. :shrug:

• TruGemini

Okay, so how many slots are there on the NY Times best seller list? I mean for real, it seems like everybody who writes a book is a “NY Times best seller”. Tyrese’s ass wrote a book, and I know ain’t nobody checkn for him or what he gots to say like that…

• LadeeA

Did we ask him to explain himself? I really don’t think anybody cares and his face doesn’t need to cover ANY magazine. :no:

• TruGemini

________________________________________

Nigga gotta do what a nigga gotta do…if undercover shuckin and jiving is what puts food and Louis V’s on the table then so be it

• Queen_City Gem

JESUS be a fence…around that face. And if you can get it to stretch over that nose and around them lips we’d greatly appreciate it.

Amen.

• godschild504

i know beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but he need NOT, i repeat NOI ever, ever take a close up shot like this again!!!!!!

• godschild504

*NOT

• LadeeA

And BTW Delta airlines are a bunch of crooks. They will NEVER get my business ever again.

• http://twitter.com/_imOther_ Mamacita

:cosign: crabs in a damn barrel I tell ya…

Do you Jay-Z. Nothing wrong with expanding your empire.

• iscream

:kiss:

JIGGA

Sexy man… He should be named sexiest man of the year. And his quote is priceless and a slap in the face to all those saying is is down with the illuminati (sp). Get it Jigga cause you sure can get it. :hump:

• Cha CHINGALING

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE ME SOME HIM…………. :love: … BEYONCE HUSBAND GETS BUSY SO POOF VAMOOSH SUM A BISH!

OAN.. I really like the candids of him smiling and looking oh so laid back!

HE IS THE MAN!… :heart:

• Anna

As much as they air bursh his wife, is he not in favor of it?

• http://youtu.be/kLdrlZFtIDs kingstonn

anna
    :rofl: :rofl:

• Peachpussycat

I only think JayZ is cute when he smiles :shrugs:

You’re brave @Iscream :lol:

• Queen_City Gem

I scream….no literally, I SCREAM :eek: at your statement. ARe you for real.

No, no, I ain’t gone do that. Everybody is entitled to their own unexplained, mysterious lustful thoughts. I apologize.

One time I imagined myself :hump: ing the hell outta Biggie…the live version though, not that 1997 Vegas Biggie

:rolleyes:

• http://chokolatemilk.blogspot.com Choco aka Hippie

His skin looks bad like he has a uncurable STD :rofl:

• http://chokolatemilk.blogspot.com Choco aka Hippie

@Cha :lol:

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bi0pQbpWWu4&feature=player_embedded#at=504 His_Mommy623

YO Cha Cha! :waiting:

iscream says:
    JIGGA

Sexy man… He should be named sexiest man of the year. And his quote is priceless and a slap in the face to all those saying is is down with the illuminati (sp). Get it Jigga cause you sure can get it. :hunching:

:cosign: :cosign: :cosign: :cosign:

• Queen_City Gem

:rolleyes:

candids
    ——————

u called me? :D

ok Jay is a smashing rapper and I fux with him but I cannot bring myself to lie and call this egyptian camel attractive…like C’MON SON :rofl:

HISSSSSSSSSSSS…. Hey BOOTHANG… WHATS GOOD SEXAY… :kiss:

• QuettaV

I came back in the other post to continue to show my :boobs: and everyone over here..

• candibfly

i guess sexy is in the eye of the beholder, just like folks thought thor from bball wives was sexy and some folks think ricky rozay is sexy :shrugs:

they didn’t need to do an extreme close up like that though

Queen_City Gem says:

Amen.

:dead: I Know CHA CHA and CANDI better be—> :casket:

QuettaV says:

I came back in the other post to continue to show my and everyone over here..

:rofl: Im glad you came back… Hey Im Cha Cha greetings and nipple pinches

• QuettaV

he got spread em’ lips!

umm Cha, :nono: with that greeting *sits in the kona and whimpers* have replaced me? is our love NOT what it used to be? :wail:

• QuettaV

Cha Cha… greeting and nipple pinches right back at ya!!!!! :waves:

• RudyD

:blink: can you imagine his ‘love face’ ?

• candibfly

HIS u know I will come out marching to Omazing Grace (someone actually pronounced it that way) in a sequin Jesus (pronounced hay-sus) romper and gladiator sandals :casket:

• kdillon

Maybe people are not happy with his success because it began with him selling drugs to black people and making millions bragging about it to the mainstram audience whi is majority white. If you follow people like Aliester Crowley then im a believer that you agree with his beliefs…

• Queen_City Gem

@ HIS

Yes, cuz his face is “cracked…and on the ground”. Memba that from ‘School Daze’??

:lolol:

Hoburger in the house *raising the roof*

Hey Twin, Choco, Cha, His, QC. :waves:

No comment on the magazine photos though…

• Queen_City Gem

RudyD says:

can you imagine his ‘love face’
    __________________________________________

:rofl: New girl STOP IT please :rofl:

You made me :vomit: a lil bit in my mouth!

Yall! :waves: <—my bra! its "let yo tiddays out day!"

• http://youtu.be/kLdrlZFtIDs kingstonn

@ his
    no pics or it aint happen. :coffee:

• candibfly

no this hoburger didn’t come in fashionably late and not eem comment on the topic at hand :lol:

:waves: <—panties & bra

Yo son, I said no comment on the photo (which means oogly) :rofl:

• Queen_City Gem

YALL what’s hattnin :waves:

• RudyD

@ Queen – Indeed I am a newbie – howaya?

• candibfly

its “let yo tiddays out day!”

—————————-

*sits in the innocent corner with my B cups covered whilst fanning the mlk paper fan i got from mt. zion across the river episcopal ebinezar high on the mountain church* O-:-) <—halo :D

His_Mommy623 says:

umm Cha, with that greeting *sits in the kona and whimpers* have replaced me? is our love NOT what it used to be

OF COURSE IT IS….DONT YOU SEE THE :tittays:
    SITTING HIGH AND THE COOCHAY PREPARING TO POP JUST FOR YOU… TAKE IT ALL OFF…LEMME LOOK AT YOU FOR A MINUTE!

• Queen_City Gem

@ YALL

Already swingn the draws and bra and ain’t even been here five minutes… no wonder “hoburger” is your alias…

• Queen_City Gem

@ RUDY

I’m good. :thumbsup:

I knew you were new…i peeped that on one of the other posts.

• change

I love this man!! I don’t happen to think he ugly, maybe all that class, money, confidence hides what appears to be ugly on the outside.

• QuettaV

:boobs: (sang’n) Let em’ hang, Let em’ hang, Let them boobies do their thang!

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8SdzwoIcwo LUSCIOUS LOLITA AKA SUGA WALLS

:popcorn:

candibfly says:

its “let yo tiddays out day!”

—————————-

_______________________________________________________________
    :dead:

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8SdzwoIcwo LUSCIOUS LOLITA AKA SUGA WALLS

it seems I dropped some strawbeery juice right on my shirt where my nipple is…………..

• candibfly

i’m noticing a pattern, the boobs ain’t start poppin out til quetta came in :rofl:

*stands on Chas desk stark ass nekkid* get this ass grl! :boobs:

by the way, Kingstonn aint shyt :rofl:

LUSCIOUS LOLITA AKA SUGA WALLS says:

____________________________________________________________

*runs in with tongue hanging out*

• BZB

I :heart: me some Jigga man… he can get it where ever, whenever :hump:

candibfly says:

*sits in the innocent corner with my B cups

:rofl: Candi mamas what does the B stand for… did you have a procedure… COME BACK TO MAMA… you know we rep the D’S ALL DAY EERRY DAY

*dances with Rudy like horny teens used to do at house parties*

pls grind me face dwn ass up, thx! :hunching:

• http://chokolatemilk.blogspot.com Choco aka Hippie

SCREAMS HIGH PITCHED VOICE: YALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

hmm Cha :waiting:

Hoburger in the house *raising the roof*

Hey Twin, Choco, Cha

one DELICIOUS HO BURGER HELLO COMING UP *HEY YALL… LEMME SMANG IT GIRL… LEMME POUR KETCHUP AND MUSTARD ALL DOWN THE CRACK OF YOUR HOBURGER :yahoo:

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8SdzwoIcwo LUSCIOUS LOLITA AKA SUGA WALLS

His that looks like to amoeba goin at it LOL

Rudy I see you gon fit right in!
    *drops more juice on my shirt*

• candibfly

:rofl: cha cha u ain’t have to call me out like that, i just want some shirts i can button up :crying:

• QuettaV

Candibfly.. I came in swinging the boobs.. I am sooo sorry but I felt like just whipping them out for some air! :waves:

His_Mommy623 says:

hmm Cha

HOW YOU WANT IT … :nana: FAST OR SLOW
    :peace:

His_Mommy623 says:

*dances with Rudy like horny teens used to do at house parties*

pls grind me face dwn ass up, thx! :hunching:
    ________________________________________________________
    consider yourself ‘ground’ :hunching: and ur welcome

• candibfly

trust me i understand u and the need for the melons to breathe :rofl:

:boobs: :tittays: :boobs:

• candibfly

this is reminding me of SR 2010 when we used to party (and u guys – not me of course – would get nekkid) *tears* :lol:

• yallcrazy

:boobs: <—with pasties on.

• candibfly

@His guess who will be ur way again next weekend? *jeopardy music plays*

candibfly says:

come HERE …LEMME HOLD YOU :pacifier: I AINT MEAN NO HARM..I JUST DIDNT WANT TO BE DISAPPOINTED… :boobs: BUTTONS ARE FOR PUNKS!

*swoons* Cha does still luvah meh!! :boobs:
    i’ll take a combo pls :yes: lubz me long time, thx!

@Rudy, ur such a nice woman *turns u around* with a lovely future behind u :yes: *spanks dat*

*toots it out for Cha*

:wink:

• RudyD

:boobs: I put some whipped cream on mine ..but just don’t know how long it’s gonna stay on there…..I just don’t know

@Candi, I’m doing aids walk NY next weekend u should come with, its for a good cause! :cheer:

:dead: @buttons…this bish

*scampers over 2 Rudys breasticles* ion be wasting whipped cream grl! :lick:

candibfly says:

SPEAKING OF WHICH :waiting: You havent backflipped or walked on your famous stilettos in awhile :no:

the good ol days…. :danban1:

@His where is it?

i found a few bakeries that i have GOT to try!

THat’s all I’ve got :shrug:

candibfly says:

___________________________________________________

**gets nekkid** :danban1: I’m new so I don’t know no better

…HIS BEAT ME TO THE PUNCH… NEXT TIME COULD YOU USE… LIGHT WHIP CREAM
    Im trying to watch this figure…. seeing as though swimsuit season is coming up and shyt :yes: THANKS

:lick:

@Candi’licious its in manhattan its a six mile walk but we make that chit so live…its rather fun!

THat’s all I’ve got :shrug:

*humps Chas cakes vigorously* :hump:

• http://chokolatemilk.blogspot.com Choco aka Hippie

:lick: @ CHA CHA CHA

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8SdzwoIcwo LUSCIOUS LOLITA AKA SUGA WALLS

yallcrazy says:

Nice things to say about this post
    _________________________________
    the font on the magazine cover is nice

Cha CHINGALING says:

…HIS BEAT ME TO THE PUNCH… NEXT TIME COULD YOU USE… LIGHT WHIP CREAM
    _______________________________________________
    2 dollops of light whipped cream comin right up…..anythin else hun?

• Bigbadwolf

@ rudy How in the hell u get ur gravatar to work? I’ve been trying for weeks. It never lets me crop my pic. :(

THat’s all I’ve got :shrug:

why am I still laughing at Osamas last FB status :rofl:

“BRB someones at the door” :lol: good chit…maybe I need to start saying no #D.A.R.E

• candibfly

*wraps up in y’alls ‘hoburgers unite’ shawl*

Bigbadwolf says:

______________________________________________________________
    Honestly ….I don’t remember – i set up my account a while ago. I think did it on some gravatar website :thinking:

• yallcrazy

*raising the roof for His and her philanthropic work* :)

*whispers* Just tell Candi that the walk passes ALL of those “must go to” bakeries.

#dietandwalkatthesametime

*sends my twin 18 baby minks to add to the HBU shawl*

I’m from the midwest and you ain’t nobody unless there’s mink involved :rofl:

• Ty

Something has gotta be wrong; you gotta be down with some higher power.

No Jay we know u sold out a few people that were trying to start a distribution company and cutout the “industry.” The people (higher power) u tricked to made sure you were well compensated. So don’t try to act like you u got successful by working hard and releasing albums.

THat’s all I’ve got :shrug:
    5. And that’s a big a** chair he sittin’ in. #reachingfurther

• Queen_City Gem

THat’s all I’ve got
    _______________________________________

5. His nostrils are free of any debris or foreign particles

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWW5NhVpi_U Man, I just don’t care™

:jack:

YALL DON’T MIND ME OVER HERE! JUST ACT LIKE I’M NOT EVEN HERE!

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8SdzwoIcwo LUSCIOUS LOLITA AKA SUGA WALLS

THat’s all I’ve got
    5. And that’s a big a** chair he sittin’ in. #reachingfurther
    __________________________________________________
    6. That appaears to be a 60 watt luminescent bulb in the back ground

• CFREE

:danban: da fuk ya’ll tombout :popcorn:

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8SdzwoIcwo LUSCIOUS LOLITA AKA SUGA WALLS

LUSCIOUS LOLITA AKA SUGA WALLS says:

THat’s all I’ve got
    5. And that’s a big a** chair he sittin’ in. #reachingfurther
    __________________________________________________
    6. That appaears to be a 60 watt luminescent bulb in the back ground
    ____________________________________________________________
    7. The chair looks clean

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWW5NhVpi_U Man, I just don’t care™

@RUDY D
    “this is reminding me of SR 2010 when we used to party (and u guys – not me of course – would get nekkid) *tears*
    ___________________________________________________

**gets nekkid** I’m new so I don’t know no better”
    _____________________________________________________________________________

In 2010 the ladies always took turns lettin me :hump: them!

Choco aka Hippie says:

@ CHA CHA CHA

:cheer: THATS MY SEXAY BUTTER SOFT SEXAY BISH CHOCO YA’LL :peace:

101 LUSCIOUS LOLITA AKA SUGA WALLS says:

THat’s all I’ve got
    5. And that’s a big a** chair he sittin’ in. #reachingfurther
    __________________________________________________
    6. That appaears to be a 60 watt luminescent bulb in the back ground
    7. Nice abstract art in the background

:rofl: @Man

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8SdzwoIcwo LUSCIOUS LOLITA AKA SUGA WALLS

RUDY
    dont fall for that bullshyt

LUSCIOUS LOLITA AKA SUGA WALLS says:

LUSCIOUS LOLITA AKA SUGA WALLS says:

THat’s all I’ve got
    5. And that’s a big a** chair he sittin’ in. #reachingfurther
    __________________________________________________
    6. That appaears to be a 60 watt luminescent bulb in the back ground
    ____________________________________________________________
    7. The chair looks clean
    ____________________________________________________________________
    8. His eyes appear to be straight, and not crossed #endoftheropereaching

• CFREE

its sooo not ok to walk around with no lining. Code violation :warning:

RudyD says:

2 dollops of light whipped cream comin right up…..anythin else hun?

:no: just stand there and look pretty :lick:

• candibfly

rudy if u like 3.5 in peens then man is ur guy! #helpful ;)

@yall i’ve been dieting so i can stuff my face with cookies and treats! :yahoo:

• Ty

7. The chair looks clean
    ____________________________________________________________________
    8. His eyes appear to be straight, and not crossed #endoftheropereaching
    _____________________________________________________________
    9. The ball is nice and clean

• yallcrazy

But did you add the mink to the shawl?!? :rofl:

y’all why did u send live mink tho?! i’ve only caught 6 of them so far :(

LUSCIOUS LOLITA AKA SUGA WALLS says:

THat’s all I’ve got
    5. And that’s a big a** chair he sittin’ in. #reachingfurther
    __________________________________________________
    6. That appaears to be a 60 watt luminescent bulb in the back ground
    ____________________________________________________________
    7. The chair looks clean
    ____________________________________________________________________
    8. His eyes appear to be straight, and not crossed #endoftheropereaching
    _____________________________________________________________
    9. The ball is nice and clean
    _________________________________________________________________
    10. They certainly used good film on this shoot!!!

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8SdzwoIcwo LUSCIOUS LOLITA AKA SUGA WALLS

THat’s all I’ve got
    5. And that’s a big a** chair he sittin’ in. #reachingfurther
    __________________________________________________
    6. That appaears to be a 60 watt luminescent bulb in the back ground
    ____________________________________________________________
    7. The chair looks clean
    ____________________________________________________________________
    8. His eyes appear to be straight, and not crossed #endoftheropereaching
    _____________________________________________________________
    9. The ball is nice and clean
    __________________________________________
    10. I like the red hues in the background

• West Coast Chick

Translation: Wasting more of beyonce’s money :lol: jayz should know by now that none of his ideas – outside of rocawear, rihanna.. oh, and the ultimate.. marrying beyonce, has never worked out- :lol:

• http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&id=1335451522 therapist1911

Jay Z is that dude. That quote is on point!

candibfly says:

y’all why did u send live mink tho?! i’ve only caught 6 of them so far :(
    _____________________________________________________

That’s part of your work-out plan.

#helpful

__________________________________________
    10. I like the red hues in the background
    ____________________________________________________________
    11. I like the looped yarn that the sweater is made of :shrug:

Well off to a meeting -

West Coast Chick says:
    Translation: Wasting more of beyonce’s money jayz should know by now that none of his ideas – outside of rocawear, rihanna.. oh, and the ultimate.. marrying beyonce, has never worked out-

:shrug: really… your list was so limited.. DUBB C Ima need you to elaborate a lil for me :pray:

• aqtpie

Get it Jigga!!!

• Lady_L

———————————————————————-
    He is so telling the truth with this quote…

• Peachpussycat

@aqtpie I like that gravi :smile:

• deedeegirl

good thing he’s rich, cause he sure is ugly.

• MzDimplez1123

:LOVE: s me some JAY! :cheer:

• West Coast Chick

@ Cha, the music executive stint, the resturant, the waek azz bball team, the night club, ect :lol:

• LadyLew

Big ups to Jay he doing his thing!

• Kiyamama81

I don’t know why but for some reason I love me some Jay. He can get it :hump: No Question.

Oh yeah and :happybirthday: to me!!!!! Just thought I’d put that out there. LOL