Ja Rule’s Wife, Aisha: ‘My family is far from broke’

This is a heartwarming story about a rapper that you don’t often see in the media.

Last week, Hip Hop star Ja Rule, 35, turned himself in to New York authorities to begin serving a 2-year prison sentence for a conviction on weapons possession charges.

But here’s where the story gets good: according to gossip blog TMZ, Ja Rule’s family will not go hungry while he’s on lockdown.

TMZ spoke to Ja’s long suffering wife, Aisha, who stood by her man as he turned himself in last week. Aisha is a ride-or-die chick whose love has never wavered despite all the rumors about him chasing tail.

Aisha disputed the latest rumors that her husband was going off to prison while leaving his family destitute.

Aisha tells TMZ, “He did leave us well off. All of the rumors about Ja being broke are far from true.”

Aisha adds, “Ja made sure… that me and my kids wouldn’t need anything as far as income goes. He planned well before he went in.

“We won’t be bad… even for a little bit — that was Ja’s first priority as a man who makes sure family comes first.”

The “Pain Is Love” rapper and his high school sweetheart have a daughter, Brittany, and two sons, Jeffrey, Jr. and Jordan.

Photos: Splash News Online

80 Responses to “Ja Rule’s Wife, Aisha: ‘My family is far from broke’”

Tatted Diva says:

I hope this is true because he knew years in advance that he would go to prison….He could not have been that naive to think he wouldn’t! BUT even though I don’t condone going to prison, I will :applause: him if he planned wisely for his family before going in. If you can’t be there in the physical, at least make sure you’re there financially.

anti-PC says:

Yes despite the fact that he probably nfected you with all manner of STDs from his ho-ing around, at least he is still a provider!!! Because if he was broke, we all know she wouldn’t have been that ride or die chick…

PrytiBrownIs says:

i cant really agree with the whole “if he was broke logic” cuz i went to school with her and her sister and she was that ride or die since he was just a scrawny neighborhood fool. they’ve been together since jr high. she just really loves him so she puts up with that b.s.

FoxE says:

:clap: If its true.. Too many leave their families struggling while they are serving time. And can’t understand why the chick is like f’em while he’s away.

Dawn Sheen says:

This is a far cry form the other 13:59 -14:59 wives, baby mamas, cousins, hyoe men, massage palor workers such as:

1. Lil Bossie baby (mama(s) who is still on the lamb (run, not the meat)

2. DMX, I don’t know her name only that she is hard on the eyes and is a cross between Kim Waynans and David Allen Greir

3. Rocko, I am sure he is having trouble supporting his non-Monica Related children since she is no longer his meal ticket.

4. Lil Scrappy babyma (Scrap Metal) as Diamond is no longer floating checks

5. The baby mamas of Real and Chance…

KayCeiSoul says:

Good Morning! :hi:

I can definitely say that her story has never changed. She’s been ride or die through it all for Ja. Kudos to him :applause:
    for being a man about the whole thing, because at the end of the day that’s all he has out here is her and his fam while he’s behind that wall.

BigCityGirl says:

I don’t think it is anyone’s business. Why she would have to make a statement on her finances while he is away is crazy. While he is gone..handle your business..when he returns…keep doing the same. Folks put too much of their business out there!!!!

Tatted Diva says:

Dawn Sheen says:

1. Lil Bossie baby (mama(s) who is still on the lamb (run, not the meat)

4. Lil Scrappy babyma (Scrap Metal) as Diamond is no longer floating checks

5. The baby mamas of Real and Chance…
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    G’Morning, Dawn. Now that we have those pleasantries out of the way, I REALLY CANNOT STAND YOU RIGHT NOW! :rofl: THAT ‘ISH WAS FUNNY AS HELL!

Mother Jefferson says:

FoxE says:

@BigCity

I agree.. As long as they ain’t in your (or the taxpayers) pockets then ok. Let this man serve his time & move on.

Who in thee hail had babies with Real and Chance!

PrytiBrownIs says:

Dawn Sheen says:

1. Lil Bossie baby (mama(s) who is still on the lamb (run, not the meat)

4. Lil Scrappy babyma (Scrap Metal) as Diamond is no longer floating checks

5. The baby mamas of Real and Chance…
    ==================================

imma get fired if i keep reading ur comments..i just lmao out loud!!! haaaaaaaaa cross between david alan greir n kim wayans rotfl

His wife looks like a thicker/broker Ashanti….

Not saying she broke but then NY &Company slacks and shirt dont really help her out with what she saying…..

LUSCIOUS LOLITA AKA SUGA WALLS says:

Who in thee hail had babies with Real and Chance!

From Real Chance of Love

KayCeiSoul says:

FoxE says:

******************************************

:cosign: on the fact that some of these mofo’s leave their families for dust while they do time. It happened to me, so I know first hand. Thanking God for always being my #1 provider.

Cinderella says:

If Jeffrey really was a family man, he wouldn’t stayed on the right side of the law and kept his peen in his pants.

jazzyiest says:

OK…Sure. :rolleyes:

Dawn I had no idea you could get pregnant from havin anal sex…go figure

mrsloveleigh says:

he was over seas alot recently so I hope this is true. The family are usually the ones who suffer the most

Cinderella says:

correction: would’ve

KDub says:

Dear Aisha:

You do know…that you could always go back to school and get a j-o-b. I know you probably have never worked; but his time away is time that you could be using to grow yourself and your OWN money making potential boo-boo.

And getting a job will also help yall in the future…cause we all know his next album is going quadruple plastic. Planning for yall for the next few years is one thing…that money is NOT gonna last forever.

Please don’t be mad at me.

Your sister in Christ!

KDub

CFREE says:

DAWN u stooopid!!! :hahaha:

Good for Ja, if he did the right thing and made sure the fam is str8, dont worry i’ll wait… :coffee:

Carrington says:

That’s good! At least he had sense enough to take care of his family. Not to mention he actually stayed with the chick who stuck by him when he didn’t have $hit instead of doing like most of these brothers who have a ride or die chick when he’s broke, and then the minute he gets put on, he trades her a$$ in for a some model-type (usually not black) who wouldn’t have $HIT to do with him if he WASN’T put on.

She’s a regular sister and I think that’s what I like most about their relationship. Just like Denzel and Bernie Mack – they may have strayed, but they stuck with the black women who stuck by them.

KayCeiSoul says:

Dear Aisha:

Please don’t be mad at me.

Your sister in Christ!

KDub
    *****************************

And let the church say amen….amen. :pray:

LUSCIOUS LOLITA AKA SUGA WALLS says:

Dawn I had no idea you could get pregnant from havin anal sex…go figure
    __________________________________________
    :ghost:
    and with that I’m out for a while…gotta go run some errands and chit…getting prepared for our vacay next week….

:cya:

Yall still crazy says:

Well goody goody gumdrop.

#whocares

KDub says:

he was over seas alot recently so I hope this is true.
    ——————————————————
    And he was spotted over there with some blondes. Were the pics on this site? Can’t remma….

Do you think I would be leaving me and my chirens financial future to this nukka? Prolly NOT! Good he paid the bills for the time he is gone but I would fo SHO formulate me a plan B and C while his azz is in the clink! DJM.

Dawn Sheen says:

chibytex aka lil red riding hood says:

His wife looks like a thicker/broker Ashanti….

Ashanti is NOT broke, she, Amiere, & Ciara are currently on the Woolworth/ KMart tour… I just heard that one song she had?? on the radio… either that or my cat was crapping in the liter box…. Nevertheless I still say EVE is the smartest rapper ever.. her flame went out like a pilot light and she didn’t hang on to coat tails like we’ve NEVER heard her repping DMX like Lil Kim still jocking Biggie or Ashanti still talking bout Murder Inc. I mean EVE jumped white faster than Lamar Odor.

SN: I still watch that tape she made w/ that power tool..

candykisses says:

Morning all, What a lovely monday morning. Anyhow off topic for a bit, I am looking to make extra cash on the side and I want to open my own business, but I don’t have any ideas.

Clothes – everyone has a clothing store here
    jewellery – everyone sells em
    food – not my forte

IJ don’t know what to do, but Imma need that cash. Help any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

CFREE says:

:dead: @KDUB’s letter. :ghost:
    u aint neva lied tho, da hail is wrong with her hands feet and brain…murderinc aint pickn up no time soon bewski :nono:

Wonder whats goin on with Irv? and that wife of his :think:

Dawn Sheen says:

Give me pound, give me pound, give me euro, give me yin…

SamYell JacksEm is AWESOME says:

He was selling pretty good back when people still bought cd’s so I’m sure he had enough dough to trick off and his fam would still be ok. Cosign Kdub telling her to get in school. I honestly used to hate hearing dude on the radio with anything past his first album………
    SHOOOOOOW MEEEEEEEE!!!!

CFREE says:

WOOLWORTH THO DAWN?? I cannot wit yo chit! :kona:

mirsmommy says:

I’m glad he made sure his fam is financially secure. I always liked these two together.

Smokie says:

Who knows if she’s telling the truth. Comes across as the type who’d say whatever and take whatever to save face.

KDub says:

Dear Aisha:

Please don’t be mad at me.

Your sister in Christ!

KDub

Enclosure:

Please see the attached Everst Institute application.

Please DO NOT appear on the next episode of ANY show on VH1, No washed up wives who have husbands in the pokey… No Ja Ja Binx Ashanti Special, No Scott Storch does a line to the prision waiting room behind the scenes… NO redeemed MTV Special as TI has covered that… many times…

Thanks,

Your husbands Pen(is Pal

Bubba “cornbread” Early

ELove says:

I DON’T really understand why SHE would have to make her Family’s FINANCIAL Situation public (This Way…) WHY should you care about what STRANGERS Say-n-Think about YOUR Situation :shrug:

@CFREE
    Morning Baby :hug:

Pls if you gotta talk about it :coffee: There’s no way I respond to anything rumor #FUK YA

StillASassyOne says:

I ride for Aisha….just because we have a special bond that no one could understand. She holding her man down. And whileI wouldn’t have said anything public about our financial standings, she always did strike me as the “let me set you straight right now” type who wouldn’t let any gossip go on for too long before she said something.

CFREE says:

Dawn, u clearly have issues boo boo :no: smh

ELove says:

ALL broke folks bump gums.. rich folks be quiet… i.e. ppl who used to shop at BeBe who upgraded to Red Bottoms.. we gotta read all about it. whereas ppl who got all kinda bottoms we never hear from.. only broke folks put all they business in the skreet…its like side women w/ are well kept because they don’t sell the baby info vs.. janks who tell everybody they had a baby by Jimmy Early… i.e Arnold shortnucca’s baby mama Taco la france, she just couldn;t keep quiet

CFREE says:

Hey Elover, u missed my shout in the other post :kiss:

GAGIRL87 says:

@ Carrington :applause:

Cinderella says:

Maybe Aisha can help DMX’s ex-wife Tasheara with her book about being a hip-hop wife. They can interview Coco, Kim Mathers, Toya Carter, Deb Lorenzo(Irv Gotti’s wife), Shante Broadaus and Master P’s wife.

I ride for Aisha

I ain’t riding for nobody I don’t know.. I wouldn’t even ride the train, I won’t even listen to Ride by ciara… I even think twice before I ride a kock

Sassy
    since I’m on a diet and all, say I just swallowed down a Reese’s in 60 seconds but washed it down with a bottle of water!
    I should be good right! LOL
    DAMN THIS CHOCOLATE ADDICTION

Cinderella says:

Its gone be a picture book w/ pop ups?

CFREE says:

Dawn, u clearly have issues boo boo

You LOVE me damn it

ELove says:

@CFREE
    NOPE but I knew you wasn’t coming back there (Soooooo…) :kiss:

@Dawn
    LOL! We share a special bond, dammit!! So I’m obligated to take her side!

@Choco
    Long time, no see! Where ya been all my life?! :hug:

CFREE says:

Take a break @DAWN mkay? :kona:

@Brown

You should be fine. You may have the bubbleguts and sever cramping in about 20 mins…but yeah- you’ll be GREAT!

Tashera is one unfortunately faced woman

CFREE says:

CFREE says:

Dawn, u clearly have issues boo boo

You LOVE me damn it

:yes:

@Dawn
    LOL! We share a special bond, dammit!! So I’m obligated to take her side!

You slept w/ have a baby by/ did a music video for Ja Ruler? Is that waht the tatto on ur can reads?

JAH RULES <— GOOD try friend, Good Try

yet I'm stuck w/ this damn Rick James tattoo

CFREE says:

Elove u the bestest :love:

@Brown

No lie- the first time I saw Tashera, it was no longer a question as to why DMX used to cal her “Boo-boo.”

But, Earl love her and she lovd him so it was obviously something about her that made him pick her. I can’t call it.

SASSS :hugs: I had to take some mental health days and feel like I still need more – upside I met someone new :grin:

@Dawn
    :ghost: I hate you!! I hate you so much! Who even noticed/remembered that I had a tramp stamp BUT you?! :rofl:

And no…that is not what it says. But me & Aisha are special. (You gotta be on the underground railroad newsletters to know why.)

:wink:

Sassy
    she seems REAL nice so maybe that’s why but lookin at him he aint no prize either

@Choco

Mmmmmh-hmmm. :thinking: Does “mental health day” translate into “get my back blown out for days straight” day?

And who’d ya meet? And I thought you already had a man! And what happened to the young whipper-snapper who wanted to taste your Tussy?

ELove says:

Ms. Luscious and @Still
    It’s called CRACK-HEAD LUV !!! :yes:

@Brown

I used to think DMX was fine as hell! (Who wouldn’t love a man that growls and barks better than most pit bulls?)

But then his crack use became blatant and I just couldnt fukk with it no more.

@Choco

Mmmmmh-hmmm. Does “mental health day” translate into “get my back blown out for days straight” day?

I’ma take an oral health day… garggling ALL day salt water flush

@Brown

But then his crack use became blatant and I just couldnt fukk with it no more.

I did to until I seen his hair line looked like a boomerang cressent moon

StillASassyOne says:

Umm mmm can’t risk nobody knowing I can reads… just make sum hash marks on twitter.. I’ll figure it out

Sassy for some reason I dated this asshole who favored DMX and maybe that’s why I detest him so much!
    To this day i hate baltimore accents
    dude called me cryin talkin bout his grandmother died and my first thought aas why in hail dis niccah cryin like his whole family was just slaughtered!
    Well that was gone be his excuse for missin in action, found out he was lyin and when he got back a few days later he came over and I acted like everything was cool and 20 minutes after he left the locksmith was changin the locks and took his shyt to his mammy’s and told her “SOrry for the loss of your mother” and she was like “what” I told her her loving son had told me she died and that’s where he had been……

Apparently the mother called and cussed his ass out

@Sass
    No real mental health days #MOMZ dilemma!

Ummm the man I used to date got in trouble which afforded me the single life – young whipper snapper was casual and nothing permanent and also caught feelings and acted on them – Girl I met my future husband :thumbsup:

CEO AKA CLARK KENT says:

:whistle: “It’s MURDA” :coffee:

esquire2012 says:

“The Queens MC was arrested in 2007 during a traffic stop after police searched his vehicle and found a loaded weapon. Ja Rule, whose real name is Jeffrey Atkins, was on probation at the time.”

yea sandra! real heart warming! 0_o

@Brown

Uhhh….wait though….I have a Baltimore accent. Whats wrong with my accent?! And yeah, I had a cousin tell a chick he was dating that his mother & sister were dead and thats why she couldn’t meet them. Well after she had his baby, and he skipped town, she found our grandmother and told her that he said his mother and sister were dead…..

Imagine my aunt & cousin’s surprises to hear they were deceased and still walking the earth, apparently! :rofl:

@Choco

To your man getting in trouble: “whattttt???”

To the whipper snapper cathcing feelings: “WWWWhhhaaattttt?”

To the future hubby prospect: “WHAT?!”

Details please! :coffee:

Sassy you aint got no dayum BMO accent

To your man getting in trouble: “whattttt???”

To the whipper snapper cathcing feelings: “WWWWhhhaaattttt?”

To the future hubby prospect: “WHAT?!”

Details please!
    ________________________

We might have to go underground for this one :lol:

CHOCO DONT DO IT
    #marriagesucks
    #salty

Sassy I didnt mention that dude’s friend lived across the street from me and called him at work and was like “Why yo girl changin the locks”

@Lolita
    :kiss: I wouldn’t marry right away but girl I honestly feel I met someone GOD sent he is far from perfect but so am I – it was an instant attraction only known one another for a short period of time and it doesn’t feel that way its crazy cuz we be in our own world and have so much in common it’s scary and we make one another laugh all the time so yes the upside!

DENMIA1 says:

:newbie: Its funny when he was all holla holla he never walked with his wife hand in hand but not that he is in hole he wants to show the world that he is a family man