Lupe Fiasco Exercises His Right to Free Speech; Calls Obama ‘Biggest Terrorist’

Grammy-winning rapper Lupe Fiasco won’t be invited to the Democratic National Convention next year after calling U.S. President Barack Obama America’s biggest terrorist.

But this is America, and Lupe’s rights to free speech are protected under the Constitution, including calling the president of the United States a terrorist.

“To me, the biggest terrorist is Obama, in the United States of America,” said the Chicago rapper in an interview with MTV recently (watch video after the break).

He added:

“So, for me, it’s like I’m trying to fight the terrorism [Obama] that’s actually causing the other forms of terrorism. The root causes of the terrorism is the stuff that the U.S. government allows to happen… And the foreign policies that we have in place in different countries that inspire people to become terrorists.”

No doubt, Lupe was referring to Obama’s history of supporting terrorism in Muslim countries, and giving billions of American dollars in foreign aid to terrorist countries such as Afghanistan, where the world’s biggest terrorist, Osama Bin Laden, was executed by Navy Seals on May 2nd.

When the fallout from Lupe’s statements reached a fever pitch, Lupe took to his Twitter page to address the criticism. When a user named @crombee tweeted to Lupe: “you shouldnt make comments like that when you dont even vote,” Lupe responded: “I still pay taxes homeboy duh.”

The backlash will continue, but Lupe is already being hoisted onto the shoulders of many disillusioned Americans who put down their Kool-Aid cups after failing to see the economic recovery or jobs that Obama promised them.

Obama may have the support of clueless rappers, such as Jay Z, who, at 41, is woefully out of touch with the street. But Lupe is only 29, and still has influence with the young Hip Hop voters that Obama needs to win the election.

Click below to watch the interview.

68 Responses to “Lupe Fiasco Exercises His Right to Free Speech; Calls Obama ‘Biggest Terrorist’”

KK76 says:

I get his point although his point is like swiss cheese.

mrsloveleigh says:

:blink:

EmDiva says:

Lupe Lupe Lupe…

Kcooks25 says:

Our foreign policies are a bit vague. But he didn’t have to call him a terrorist.

lexdiamonz says:

Lupa A “fiasco” he lost me when he says he doesn’t vote shut the eff up then ….

Feline Feminine says:

I get his point although his point is like swiss cheese.
    ___

:yes: :cosign:

In my opinion Obama has to be in office for another term fcking chit up in order for me to put the sole blame on him…He’s only a little over halfway through his first term, so it’s really difficult for me to say ‘Obama did this, or Obama did that…’ I honestly didn’t start giving Bush the side eye until his second term… :shrugs: One term presidents are like a blip on the radar to me…

lexdiamonz says:

i am more concerned about that Gaza strip he passing off as his hairline

ELove says:

IF Only he could’ve said…

I’m terribly SHOCKED and SURPRISED that Our current President is STILL Supporting Wholeheartedly THE Dynamics & Protocols & Guidelines of the LAST 2-term President that EVERYONE EXCEPT THE VERY WEALTHY & Big-Money CORPORATIONS say was the Absolute WORST PRESIDENT the U.S. has EVER HAD :coffee:

Dawn Sheen says:

I am glad we have artist standing up for what they believe. I can’t agree or disagree and like azz holes, that is his opinion. I would rather here his opinion rather than the usual azz to mouth pay ur rent do a line jst in time ish the others say.

StillASassyOne says:

I get his point, but it was poorly presented. And my real issue comes from people who complain all DAY LONG about what’s WRONG, CORRUPT, EVIL, etc., etc., etc…….but don’t move nary a finger to fix it.

If Lupe wants to SEE change, why doesn’t he BECOME the change? If the policies are effed up and govt even down to the local level is so screwed, then maybe HE should get involved in the politics and do something about it.

It’s too easy to be overly active in the mouth and underactive in the body.

Dawn Sheen says:

Elove is that KDUB in ur gravi? Or are y’all Diana Ross and Mary Wells?

Lupe next time keep your stupid opinions to yourself….you sound stupid…

:nono: Dissing Obama is NOT gonna help your records sell!!! Idiot!!

Daisy says:

Lupe has always come off to me as one who tries hard to be “deep”

I don’t agree w/all our foreign policies either and I believe they have brought upon death on innocent people both here and in other countries.

Although I do vote I don’t think my vote counts

I hope Lupe is doing more than running his mouth he needs to be part of the solution

I don’t think President Obama is a terroist but to each their own. I don’t agree w/everything he does/says either for the record.

Good Morning

StillASassyOne says:

*cues “Man in the Mirror” – Michael Jackson*

“I’m gonna make a change…starting today.
    It’s gonna feel real good, gonna make a difference and make it righttttt….

I’M STARTING WITH THE MAN IN THE MIRROR! I’M ASKINGHIM TO CHANGE HIS WAYS! AND NO MESSAGE COULDA BEEN ANY CLEARER- IF YOU WANT TO MAKE THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE, TAKE A LOOK AT YOURSELF AND MAKE A CHANGE!

ALBoy says:

Sassy said: “It’s too easy to be overly active in the mouth and underactive in the body”
    _________________________________________________________________________

I support this statement for all the wrong reasons :coffee:

ELove says:

@Dawn
    Aretha Franklin STANS (Here…) NICE Pic Btw :coffee:

SunRiseBlossom says:

______________________________________________________________________
    Well not “ALL” Americans… :koolaid:

I still got my cup raised! Lol…
    I mean come on… The man ain’t JESUS! He can’t fix all of America’s problems in one term! It’s too many prior president’s mess ups that needs to be cleaned up! If Lupe azz was in office serving America would be still complaining b/c his azz wouldn’t fix it in one term either!!! It’s easy to complain about someone else’s work when you not the one that is handling the job!!! IJS… :coffee:

ELove says:

@ALBoy
    I CONCUR !!! :thumbsup:

Dawn Sheen says:

_____________________________________________
    I hear you, but he sounds stupid…and he aint got no facts to back up what he saying…he’s just throwing chit on a wall hopping it sticks..

Dawn Sheen says:

ELove says:

@Dawn
    Aretha Franklin STANS (Here…) NICE Pic Btw

New Retha or old Retha?

Thanks MAMA

KishaMinyonn says:

I like Lupe, but he lost when he said he doesn’t vote. Things will never change if we as a people don’t vote for those who we feel have out best interests in mine. You will never agree with anyone 100%. Even husbands and wives disagree. His logic is a little off to me.

Dawn Sheen says:

AL Bundy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hay nucca

Tatted Diva says:

:tape: BECAUSE I JUST CAN’T & WON’T ON THIS TODAY! :no:

LittleBigMouth says:

In my opinion Obama has to be in office for another term fcking chit up in order for me to put the sole blame on him…He’s only a little over halfway through his first term, so it’s really difficult for me to say ‘Obama did this, or Obama did that…’ I honestly didn’t start giving Bush the side eye until his second term… One term presidents are like a blip on the radar to me…

***

^ Exactly! It took far longer, close to a decade, to run this country in the ground. Everything won’t be sunshine and roses overnight and surely not in under 4 years. Then again I don’t know politics like that, just commons sense.

StillASassyOne says:

@Al
    Boy you nasty….. :blow:

jazi65 says:

Obama’s job is harder than past presidents because of the haters & nay sayers who got elected for the sole purpose of bringing him down. He can’t fix in one term that took Bubblehead Bush 2 terms to f up. He made it clear from day 1 that it would get worse before it got better. Oh & lets not forget…he got Bin Laden’s Ass!

#Obama2012!

I feel like if you dont vote, then you need to shut the hell up…..

Man sometimes my people can be really embarassing!!!

mexidorean says:

:think:

ALBoy says:

@ Dawn whats up baby?
    @ Sassy I just look at thing from a lot of different angles is all :yes:

Cariblife says:

Ehhh, if you don’t vote then you got no reason to complain IMHO.

SN: Sandra you gon put up that story about Kim cheating on her new “fiancee”??

YSoSerious says:

I like Lupe’s music…Don’t know much about his politics.

He has a right to his opinion and I have a right to disagree.

Still don’t understand why Obama has decided to keep the Patriot Act in effect though. :coffee:

Feline Feminine says:

I feel like if you dont vote, then you need to shut the hell up…..
    ___

I agree, but I also have my own views on the whole voting process as well…especially after the mess down in Florida during the 2000 election. And with knowledge about how the electoral college process works, it’s easy for people to just say eff it and not waste their time voting…but I still vote just to be a part of the game…

Cariblife says:

Chibytex me n u are >>>>>>>>>>>here<<<<<<<<<<<

YSoSerious says:

@DAWN

I see you. :lol:

Daisy says:

I am waiting to see if Kim cheated or not cause if he has all this proof then he needs to provide it and stop talking about it. So right now its only he said/she said to me cause she still threatning to sue saying he lying. If she got w/him she needs to come clean and keep it moving but I will wait n see what happens :popcorn:

PAHairston says:

Hello All. Lupe looks and sounds stupid or should I say he’s an idiot, just like so many Americans. “The idiotizing of America.” That is all.

xoxoV76 says:

I totally agree w/ Elove. I get his point/theory/opinion. I believe his wording was wrong. We are hear to TEACH and not ATTACK. If your ulterior motive is to send people in an uproar by attacking someone’s character then certainly your message that was intended to be heard will be missed. He’s entitled to his opinion even though the MASSES will disagree. We certainly have something in common. We don’t conform or values/morals to what the ‘masses’ agree. Correct your choice of words but LIVE ON Lupe!

H-Townmama says:

ELove says:

IF Only he could’ve said…

———————————
    :applause: :yes:

Everything that glitters ain’t gold

Cariblife says:

*takes seat next to Daisy with extra large popcorn seasoned and a big arse lemonade*

I think that heffa did it, she know she don’t like no pink peen.

ELove says:

@Dawn
    Ahhhhh Who Is Mama ???

And I LUV Aretha Franklin PERIOD… She’s ACTUALLY A LEGEND :coffee:

YSoSerious says:

Why would anyone expect anything better from Kim K? :shrugs:

mirsmommy says:

*deep sigh*

Cariblife says:

All I’m sayin is she could have at least waited till she walked down the aisle and sold the rights to E! or some other corny channel nobody watches.

CFREE says:

Elove :hug:
    DAWN u got ur face all up in here :danban1: cute

YSO holla holla fo a dolla :waves:

Kezi says:

ELove says:
    IF Only he could’ve said…

Obama is a figure head just like every other president. I like him because he looks like me, he is intelligent, has a lovely family but I am not naive enough to think he can or will change anything. He has his marching orders. And I’m sure he knew what he was signing up for.

That being said. I think Lupe should have just said the U.S. government can be perceived as the greatest terrorist based on statistics and HISTORY. Now if you say that it still is shocking enough to get people’s attention but it also will make people not totally dismiss everything he has to say.

Many political analysts have said that the U.S. policies towards other countries including covert operation to over throw democratically elected regimes in South America, Africa etc through violent means could be considered terroristic in nature. Hell the deaths of 1.2 million Iraqi’s between 2003 and 2010 is considered terroristic in nature.

And lets not forget we were the only country to drop the atomic bomb and babies are still being born deformed in Nagasaki and Hiroshima.

One mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter. Me personally I think violence is NEVER the answer when it comes to solving these issues. but what do I know :shrug:

Kezi says:

@ Elove I meant to say :cosign:

YSoSerious says:

CFREE!! :waves:

I don’t holla for less than five. And that’s only if you cute. You lucky you cute. ;)

H-Townmama says:

:hi: Kezi
    Long time no see! How are your little ones? Every time I play 3 Little Birds I think of them :lol:

ALBoy says:

@ Mirs whats the sigh about baby?

StillASassyOne says:

@Yso

You know a hoe gon always be a hoe. :coffee:

That dude ain’t finna release nothing. If he’s smart, he knows Kris is somewhere right now getting her checkbook out to pay him to keep his mouth shut so that she can get paid from E! and them fort hat wedding and pics and stuff.

He better :lipssealed: and watch for the check!

But I’m almost sure Kim did it too. Kim is an opportunist of the worst kind and she NEVER turns an opportunity down. She’ll cry about how she regrets it later, but she NEVER says: “no.”

ALBoy says:

What up YSO

Carmez79 says:

well here is a clueless voter right here. does he realize that these policies have BEEN IN PLACE LONG BEFORE OBAMA? long before lupe was born. there have and always will be terrorist. people hate other people its always been like that and it will continue. not because of the US or Obama but because that is the nature of man. I see Lupe trying to drum up some talk about him and his records. i guess this is better than rap beef. these celebs are so see through

YSoSerious says:

Sup @ ALBOY

The usual. Nothing. :coffee:

Kezi says:

Hey H-town. :wave:

Beautiful gravi!! I just BC’d not to long ago after loc’s. It has been awhile I normally just say my peace and roll :) The kids are doing well. Baby girl in the gravi is now 18 months and is a little lady.

How are you hun??

Of course he’s entitled to his own opinion. Why is it even news? Are black folk not allowed to have differing views than the President? At least the young man has an opinion and is up on current events.

H-Townmama says:

Thanks Kezi *blushing*
    I should have done this ages ago! :lol:
    She is 18 months already???? Time flies huh? I didnt realize our babies were so close in age. London just made two in April.

2know the ledge says:

I am going to say this and leave politics alone b/c some take what you say or think to heart. Lupe has his own opinion and they are like eyes, ear and nose most have one or two. I don’t believe in obama’s policy’s but hell i dont’ trust any politician black or white. I voted and I dont’ trust neither party dem or rep’s all politicians are the same regardless of color. taken a line from Vendetta we shouldn’t fear our government our government should fear us!

NaijaGal says:

@Carmez79 :co-sign:

Kezi says:

@ Htown yes she is! And she is attached to my hip. I start teaching high school social studies in the fall and it will be the first time that she will go to daycare. I am so :sad:

Aw your lil girl is 2???? Time flies!!! April what? My five year old just turned 5 april 6. Can’t believe I have a five year old kid.

xamaycan says:

I logged on to comment on this foolery…I cant stand when people complain about any and everything this country has to offer, and OUR president who is trying his very best to turn it around, yet they bring nothing at all to the table or try to make a change. Lupe seems fake to me and like another reader mentioned, always tries too hard to be “deep” and “real”. SMDH. It amazes me how the supporters of Obama are the kool aid drinkers yet, its funny how everyone now wants to jump on the bandwagon of bashing Obama…sounds like the nay sayers are the kool aid drinkers to me. Why cant we just give the man a chance first, DAMN.

H-Townmama says:

@Kezi
    It is so hard at first :sad:
    However I’m sure you will be fine! She will be ok. London made 2 the 21st of April. Sydney makes 5 in July.

Kezi says:

@HT Yes it is I’m sure we will be okay after awhile! Oh wow. Sahar turns 4 July 31st :lol:

Daisy says:

@chib Kims fiancee is mixed so its not all YT peen :lol: Kim has been called a lot of things but I never heard anything abt her being a cheater but time will tell :popcorn: either way I still like her

allwrightyden says:

lexdiamonz says:

Lupa A “fiasco” he lost me when he says he doesn’t vote shut the eff up then ….
    ______________________________________________________________________

:cosign: If you don’t vote, like my grandmomma says…”HUSH YO MOUTH”! And I guess he thinks since he’s paying an extra $.05 cents on a cigarella is paying his taxes, he feels he can give his opinion. Well thats what it is an opinion! #sityoazzdownFIASCO :coffee:

SanfiPolemikos says:

LOL

It’s funny how upset people get when someone says something that makes them question their perception of reality.

In reality, American foreign policy is solely to blame for terrorism.

No one hates our so called freedoms. No one is jealous of us. They hate us because we won’t leave them alone.

Regarding the voting thing… I also agree. Unfortunately voting is a false paradigm. You are voting for the lesser of 2 evils or you’re simply pissing your vote away on a 3rd party candidate who has no real chance of winning.

Don’t be mad at someone who sees through it all and can explain their reasons behind not voting. You’re only mad because it makes you feel stupid and you are.

DHandy says:

Lupe telling the truth. Any politician who supports our foreign policy is a terrorist. We have killed over a million Iraqi people. We have invaded an African nation under the code name “humanitarian mission” Look how many inocent people we have killed over there. Do yo know right now the Bilderberg Meetings are going down in Switzerland and that the U.S. media has been blacked out from reporting This is where all the elites come to discuss the worlds agenda coming op. They are using Obama to go back into Africa Google http://www.africom.mil If Bush would be dropping bombs on Libya us Black folks would be going H.A.M. right now. Yall need 2 wake up the Dems and Repubs are on the same team they keep us arguing over social issues while the economic and military policy stays the same. SANDRA… will you report on the Bilderberg meeting???

allwrightyden says:

xamaycan says:

________________________________________________

:cosign:

allmostright says:

Lupe should shut up commenting about Obama he did not vote so he should shut the **** up, it is people who do not vote who complain the most.