Outraged viewers attack ABC over Chaz Bono’s addition to DWTS

Within minutes of ABC’s announcement that transgender male Chaz Bono was added to the cast of Dancing With The Stars, the DWTS message board exploded with outrage.

Bono, 42, the only child of 70s pop superstars Sonny & Cher, came out as a lesbian in 1995. In 2010 she decided to undergo gender reassignment surgery to become a man.

But in an interview with Oprah Winfrey’s OWN Network, which aired a documentary film entitled Becoming Chaz, Bono said she didn’t want male genitalia.

Still, Bono insists that she’s a man despite the lack of working body parts that distinguishes “him” from a female.

“At this point, I really don’t have any plans to do bottom surgery,” he said. “I feel really good, I feel like a man now, and I’m really happy,” he/she told Winfrey.

Just to clarify, Bono no longer considers herself to be a lesbian, she insists that she’s a man even though she doesn’t have manly parts.

Parents who don’t want their children exposed to Bono’s confusing sexuality have bombarded ABC with complaints such as the ones below.

“There are a few women in my office that are very much against having Chaz Bono on the show because he is transgendered.”

“HUGE HUGE fan of this show since season two and eagerly await each season to get my dancing/entertainment ’fix’!! But when I heard that Chaz Bono was going to be on, I was sick. Not that I have anything personally again her/him, I just don’t want that lifestyle choice continually flaunted in the media esp ABC.”

“Chaz will have to dance with one of the girls because she/he says she/he is a man but chromosomes say different no matter how many surgeries you have.”

Surprisingly, there were no similar complaints about Oxygen’s “Hair Battle Spectacular” which is hosted by the weird looking, cross dressing hairstylist Derek J. But maybe that’s because his show is on cable?

125 Responses to “Outraged viewers attack ABC over Chaz Bono’s addition to DWTS”

WUTWUZMISSIN! says:

She prolly already had a dyck since birth…. :coffee:

I don’t see the problem… People are too afraid of stuff. If you are afraid of your kids viewing or you don’t want to see it change the channel! I HATE PEOPLE SOMETIMES!!!! :mad:

ELove says:

So, So… So She has NO NUTZ but wants to be considered A MALE ?!!? :nono:

WTF does that have to DWTS STFU ALREADY I DON”T EVEN WATCH THAT SHOW- Severly confused as to what Chaz is or does is affecting anyone else in the world :rollseye:

renegadesince1985 says:

But the kids will probably just think Chaz is a man unless you tell them :shrugs:

GAGIRL87 says:

That’s one thing I RESPECT about you Sandra just b/c your gay you don’t force it on people. You get my respect on this Sandy :wink:

that picture gets a :hailnaw: for real

@ELOVE
    That is a touchy subject that I do not pretend to have the wisdom enough to discuss Im not in his body to say whether she is male or female!

Ms. Everything says:

:tape:… actually screw that:

You can NOT change your gender. Dress different, take hormones, change your voice whatever that doesn’t change the fact that you still have woman parts on the inside, your natural hormones are those predisposed to women, your skeletal structure is that of a womans and in this case you still have a fvcking vagina!!! :cuss:

I honestly don’t give 2 sh!ts who’s gay, lesbian or whatever but this calling yourself a man bs drives me crazy. Be who you want in the body God gave you

I didn’t know she only got surgery up top. That means she is a woman and a lesbian. A stud if you will. Cool. Whatever floats her boat. As for the people complaining about her being on the show, screw them. I’m sure they make up a minority of viewers.

lady_cn says:

Chaz sweetie, without the twig and berries, you’re still a woman. With that being said though, I couldn’t care less whether or not she’s on the show. :coffee:

yerkesbabe says:

Her girlfriend/wife… is my mom friend’s daughter, Jenny Elia. She’s been trying to break into show business since we were young. No damn wonder she’s laying up with a lesbian… oops Chaz. She’s an opportunist.

RENE
    CHAZ HAD A CREEPY BEARD!

Now if that chit aint confusing – all I wanna do is give him a hug and say bless your heart…

WUTWUZMISSIN! says:

Choco aka Hippie says:

————–
    Exactly Choco!

Why does it bother you to see someone happy living their lives as they see fit? You don’t like it you don’t have to watch it!
    I think this is really about the ratings anyway…. :coffee: You know everybody is going to tune in just to see him…..

kingstonn says:

:tape:

Choco Derek has tittays and always wearin tight fitted shirts!

@WUT
    Your right is about the ratings… It’s a fine line cuz like Im against the tee shirt denouncing homework but Im mos def agaisn’t the parents who claim Chaz will confuse their child -

Ms. Everything says:

and supposedly from what I’ve read DWTS brought Chaz in because they were catching crap from gay groups because they don’t have any same sex dance couples on there :shrugs: they’re gonna get people to hate on the show regardless :shrugs: I didn’t watch it before this and won’t watch after this

@Lolita
    Even him I won’t judge tho becuz look at how comfortable he is being him – It aint my fault or my bizness one way or the other live and let live! Cuz if some transgender came at me about how Im living I’d prolly act like and queen and start throwing wild windmills

Mamacita says:

Ummmmmm How is she a man again? She doesn’t have a penis right? :shrug:

Hell if that’s the case any woman can “claim” to be a man and get on the show.

TruGemini says:

Speaking of Derek J…his reality show is THE worst I’ve seen by far. And I can’t stand to look at him and his big barrelled chest squeezed into those made-for-women shirts for too long…

Choco I took lots of pics because I intended to use them as my gravi

@Mama
    She’s a man becuz she said thats how she feels some females are born with too much estrogen or not enough a lot of is hormonal but I watched a documentary on this and its really serious for transgenders they always feel like they are not who they are supposed to be growing up trapped inside and once they do come out they are FREED some of the transgenders suffered from sever depression becuz of feeling alone and trapped which is why I won’t harp on what she says she is

Ms. Everything says:

@Tru I :heart: Hair Battle although Derek J disturbs my vision but I’m willing to bet he has no confusion about his gender unfortunate fashion choices aside and would probably be quick to tell somebody he is a man if someone ever got at him wrong.

@Lo
    Go ahead this post could use some comic relief

@ MS EVERYTHING

You :heart: that show for real? I just can’t get into it. And I’m a “reality” TV junkie…

FoxE says:

:waves: Hey SR Folks!

ohpretty1 says:

Let shim be!!!

Eb says:

Does he/she ever plan on getting a weenis?

Congrats on the twins!!

Sandra,

No post on TI inking a reality show deal and VH1 releasing a statement about it before the man even touches down in the A? No wonder they pic him up in tour buses. They’re conducting business. Probably got a studio too. Album be done by the time they get to Atlanta.

With that said, I will be watching the show which comes out in December.

Ms. Everything says:

Tru yes and I don’t know why cause I hate reality tv and can’t stand hair shows either :shrugs: It’s just one of those things I can’t explain :lol:

Ms. YaYa says:

Congrats Luscious! :dance:
    I have younger twin brothers…

TruGemini says:

I didn’t watch it before this and won’t watch after this
    __________________________________

Me neither chile! :no:

And I wonder if the gay community is going to accept the fact that the one gay person those chose to represent is living life as a man and will have a female dance partner?

ValerieB1 says:

Where is Redeemed? :tape:

*they (#34)

FoxE says:

I didn’t even know who “Chaz Bono” was until recently. I dont watch DWTS.

As long as the outfits are approriate then who cares :shrugs:

Sooo will the partner be male or female :think:

ValerieB1 says:

@BIRD…I def will be watching

supa says:

i agree with one of the comments, “I just don’t want that lifestyle choice continually flaunted in the media.” and sandra, made an excellent point: “It’s one thing to promote tolerance for people who are different from much of society. But it’s another thing to ask society to feed into the idiosyncrasies of a small segment of the population.”

i’m curious too as to why no one complains about derek j. but you know what? i’m going to do that now. i hate seeing these emasculated men all over tv and in the streets. this has got to stop! but too many women think it’s cute and will back this crap up….not me!

:mad:

ohpretty1 says:

@ Bird – It won’t involve children will it?

:offtopic:

Anybody see the new Weight Watchers commercials where JHud done changed up the way she sings that annoying ass song, “Birds in the sk-yyyyy…”

#stillhateit

ohpretty1 says:

@ Eb – He said no on Oprah.

cheeks8683 says:

see this she-male stuff right here makes me mad. Ok so if you are gay ur gay but dont start tombout God made a mistake and assigned u the wrong body! You are a butch lesbian…thats it. No added skin to make a d**k or meds is ever gonna change it,same goes for he-she’s too…

renegadesince1985 says:

@Fox

Shim’s partner will be female

:lol: @ Ohpretty

:waves: @ FOXE

:hugs: @ Lolita

ELove says:

@yerkes
    Interesting INDEED :think:

Ms Choco
    I’m Just Saying you GOTS to at least HAVE NUTZ :shrug: I mean some Dudes with a penis STILL Shoot Blanks JUST LIKE Some Females are Barren as far as Being Able to Bear Children

NO NUTZ… NO GLORY !!! :lol:

Ms. Everything says:

Tru I don’t know if they’ll accept it but I do know they’re gonna go off if anybody says something about her being on there

@Tru
    JHUD messed me up with that lil twitter beef! I finally bout Last Train to Paris – why is that my chit right now REAL TALK the whole CD im Loving should’ve been bought it

Choco she’s not due til Feb but I’m goin shoppin this weekend!

ValerieB1 says:

@Supa me either…Crap is disgusting :hurl:

_____________________________________

Not me either…I’m not cool with any gay person who walks around dressed like the opposite sex. If you’re gay, just be gay. No need to always and forever scream it to the world. You’re gay…you like peter/puzzy-okay. We get it…

:rolleyes:

NO NUTZ… NO GLORY !!!
    Spoken like a true Neanderthal :wink: :hugs:

ELove says:

@FoxE
    Heeyyy BABY :hug:

:rofl: @ ELOVE

NO NUTS…NO GLORY! NO NUTS…NO GLORY!

***pumping my power-to-the-people fist with the Angela Davis pic in my hair***

Candi Apple says:

I would hate to see Chaz Bono in a leotard.

And I watched a “transition” video for women. When the surgery was finished they were better off staying with their original equipment. It like surgically attaching a dildo to the ****. :rofl:

Do men get wet like women after surgery and are they considered a
    squirt-er. :shrugs: Things that crossed my mind while reading this post…

supa says:

chaz looks like john goodman from the roseanne days, minus the curly hair.

Mamacita says:

@Choco Gotcha.

So if Chaz is a “man” and he’s dating woman is he really gay? Wouldn’t that make Chaz straight? :huh:

:smack: I give up. I really don’t care that much. I didn’t really watch the show so I don’t care who’s on it.

@ CHOCO

Yes, JHud know she was wronger than wrong for engaging in that twitter beef…just made her look real stoopid

Candi Apple says:

_________________________________________________

Ummmm…why THE FUKK were you watching that isht???

:confused:

brenden says:

Ah yes, Chaz Bono. Every mans dream. Strong and built like a male, with the functional plumbing of a female. Take notes ladies. Large breast, and a plump rump is how you catch a man, but a 5 o clock shadow and a buzz cut is how you keep him. So don’t fret LUSCIOUS! Your lil hair misshap may work in ur favor :biggrin:

Choco she’s not due til Feb but I’m goin shoppin this weekend!
    _________________________
    Is she past her first trimester if not don’t do it!

WUTWUZMISSIN! says:

@ CHOCO

——————–
    She must have an iron-clad contract that stipulates that if I go on a Twitter Rant, I will not be fired!

FoxE says:

ELove says:

NO NUTZ… NO GLORY !!!
    ________________________

cheeks8683 says:

@ BROWN
    Do u ever see some of the workers at Forever 21 at Quail Springs? Dont let them fool u…2 of them. The one with the Amber-Rose cut and the other with the low fade are men…Mind u their fashion and makeup are flawless but I kid u not they are both men…Aint gon lie I need one of them to become my makeup artist…

@TRU
    And between you and I cuz I aint one to gossip that damn CD wasn’t even all that

Choco aka Hippie says:

******************************

Wow. Really?

ohpretty1 says:

brenden says:

:dead:

#ijustcant

Yeah that got brushed under the rug with the quickness :coffee:

@BIRD
    Some of the songs I hear on the radio I like I didn’t know was a part of Last Train to PARIS Dawn and Kaleena (ithink) Are those bishes (BAD)

Candi Apple says:

@TruGemini says:

Candi Apple says:
    _________________________________________________
    Ummmm…why THE FUKK were you watching that isht???

___________________________________________

One of my cousin’s wanted a tummy tuck… So I showed her the video so she could see what they were going to do to her… :rofl: She was going in too breast, tummy, legs, lipo ….. she said ooohh nooo… :rofl: she can’t read and chit.. needless to say my plan didn’t work bish had went back to school. :smack:

ELove says:

@cheeks (Comment #65) :blink::blink: !!!

The people that are outraged about him/her being on the show, just shouldn’t watch the show. Hell, I don’t. :shrugs:

By the way, Chaz, kinda looks like Kevin Federline. :shrugs:

Choco aka Hippie says:

@TRU
    ____________________________________

Who JHud’s? I’ve never bought anything by her…I just ain’t liking her like that.

MzTisch says:

_____________________________________

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    It’s confusing to me, I know it’s confusing to kids!
    I was getting a pedicure and this girl walks in. Thin, nice shape, had arms like Tanya on BBW of LA. I’m like dang she got some gunz, but she a little hard in the face though. So, she goes in the back to get her eyelashes put on…and you know you have to tilt you head back. Then I saw it….her adam’s apple! I was like wtf. I was so confused……..

MzTisch says:

Choco aka Hippie says:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    I heard it was nice……might have to check it out!

KDub says:

I TOLD yall Derek J be confusing souls left and right…

:blink: <<< confused souls who work in those shoe stores he frequents… tryna stuff that big man foot into a woman's shoe. Yes it is pedicured. Yes it is soft. But at the end of the DAY it is a man's foot. WIDE. BIG. CRUSTY by nature.

brenden says:

So yall trynna say that having no nutts makes me less of a man? Niccarache le besedrothos. That means n*gga please in Lebanese…Yeah so I don’t have 2 lil dangly things underneath my penis…Its not my fault. It’s a birth defect. I was born with what is called bashful testicles…Theyre there, they’re just hidding…Its similar to hibernation. They descend when I climax :-) unfortunately they pop right back into my groin afterwards. Kinda like a yo yo…Heyyy you can’t play with my Yo Yo…Dont try to play me out…Dont try to play me out…

MzTisch says:

It’s confusing to me, I know it’s confusing to kids!
    __________________________________________

I was in line behind what appeared to be a female…long hair (which was obviously a weave) Apple Bottom jeans, matching shiny pink jacket with a sequined belt and some kind of jazzy sneakers and a purse. Anyway, “bytch” turned around and had a FULL fukkn beard and mustache. I was like Oh Lawd….dis nigga here!

KDub says:

I TOLD yall Derek J be confusing souls left and right…

_________________________________________

…and spilling out them shoes like a can of busted biscuits

#heneedtostopthatshyt

KDub says:

I think the biggest irony EVER is Cher is ICONIC to the gay comm. And here comes Chaz…and just cause he’s part man…why he gain all that WEIGHT?? Chaz is a bigggg dude(ette)…. <<< see what I did there?

AndThenIHitMyDougie says:

Keeping it real….men who think they are women and women who think they are men confuse me and highly irritate me. There is nothing I despise more than hearing some man say a phrase with the words: “girl……” to another man.

Bothers the fukk outta me! You are a man, jackass!! Be a man! If you have avagina- you are a female! Be a female! A lesbian/stud/fem/dom, a gay/homo/bottom/top- whatever the fukk you are- your gender will not ever change!

And that same sh*t goes for Confused Bono up top! :mad:

FoxE says:

brenden says:

So yall trynna say that having no nutts makes me less of a man? Niccarache le besedrothos. That means n*gga please in Lebanese…Yeah so I don’t have 2 lil dangly things underneath my penis…Its not my fault. It’s a birth defect. I was born with what is called bashful testicles…Theyre there, they’re just hidding…Its similar to hibernation. They descend when I climax unfortunately they pop right back into my groin afterwards. Kinda like a yo yo…Heyyy you can’t play with my Yo Yo…Dont try to play me out…Dont try to play me out…
    ______________________________________

:ghost: :rofl:

Bashful testicles huh? :hahaha:

Candi Apple says:

I was in a nail salon and these two men/women were waiting to get their eyebrows done. They had the hair blown out and curled, nails done, pedi, and dresses on. They were looking the women up and down Nasty like… When the eyebrow technician finished she said in her Chinese accent.. You want 5 0’clock shadow do too, got lot of hair for woman… :rofl:

KDub says:

…and spilling out them shoes like a can of busted biscuits

————————————————————
    Derek J has a muffin top…at the top of his shoes. Yes I KNOW most folks have it at their mid-section…not that joka. :no:

cheeks8683 says:

____________________________________________________________
    @cheeks (Comment #65)
    _____________________________________________________________

Real talk. Wasnt until I got an upclose look….adams apples…Once of them is real petite and delicate looking, dang near passed the test but that adams apple is hard to hide…

MzDimplez1123 says:

@ CHOCO…I TOLD YOU TO BUY THAT A LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG TIME AGO! :yes:

cheeks8683 says:

____________________________________________________________________

You used to moonlight as a script writer for the Dave Chapelle Show huh? :rofl:

AndThenIHitMyDougie says:

@Tru

I had that happen to me at a athletic shoe store with my skinny jeans, a long weave, heels and full makeup asking about some pastries- me AND my nephew (11) both could not hold it- we looked at it, looked at each other and busted out laughing right then and there and so did several other grown azz women in the store. Everybody was tryna contain their giggles.

And I know it was mean…..but I so badly wanted that “it” to ask WTF was so funny, cause I was surely prepared to say: “YOU! You look just plain foolish! Why wouldn’t we laugh?!”

:shrug:

You want 5 0?clock shadow do too, got lot of hair for woman…
    __________________________________

KDub says:

…and spilling out them shoes like a can of busted biscuits

————————————————————
    _________________________________________

And he’s got two at the bottom of them daisy dukes he be wearing. Them big ass gorilla thighs in them tiny ass shorts is absolutely prohibited…

Lovely One says:

——————————————
    OMG :dead:

@Dimpz
    I know I was waiting for one of my kids to cop it for me – DUH won’t do that again :lol:

brenden says:

:waves: hey cheeks…No…but I did usta work at forever 21…Got fired for trying on clothes during my lunch break then reracking them. Ok so I guess sniffing the undergarments after women tried them on had something to do with my termination as well…Truth be told I think my boss was just mad I looked better in the clothes than she did *tosses hair off shoulder*

MzDimplez1123 says:

@ Choco…..If that’s the case, you’re lucky you got it! Kids! :lol:

brenden says:

Hey Fox :waves: yes…My lil fellas are very shy, but like a bashful pet, they appreciate being petted…

ELove says:

That means n*gga please in Lebanese… MF-ing :dead: !!!

Daisy says:

I am more outraged by the SORRY line up they have this season that is why I WON’T be watching :mad: I have NOT missed an ep since this show started I am #teamdance and love this show. I cld care less abt Chaz being a man or on the show if he likes it I love it. I can’t imagine how it feels to be trapped in what u feel is the wrong body. God Bless yall!

If that’s the case, you’re lucky you got it! Kids
    __________________________
    How about out of the two they both promised to get it for me for Mother’s Day – smdh then be like MOM can I get this or that :blink:

Everyone on here knows I’m the one with the overactive sex drive can we please refrain from repeating the word NUTS it’s making me have :hunching: thoughts THANK N U :wink:

MzDimplez1123 says:

@ Choco…That’s how they do! :lol: Both of them sitting there hoping the other one was gonna get it. :rofl:

@Dimpz
    You laughing and chit :rofl: I know that how they do been doing that this year I put my foot down tho – especially with my son – had to tell his DAD he in for a wake up call with that chit! I held out 4 days before I gave him his money for school shopping then like a dummy felt bad about it HOLDS HEAD IN SHAME

AndThenIHitMyDougie says:

Honestly- I wonder how many of unfortunate-shaped/dressed men trying to be women get laughed at regularly when they walk around? I know it has to happen more often than not…. :thinking:

KDub says:

And we get a WHOLE post on Chaz Bono being a lesbian and not a man who prolly still has a whole collection of strap ons…cause he did not get the bottom work done….

But NOT one on lil Robby Kardashian who got a jiggle-wiggle and who I suspect may be gay and who may be trapped in the closet until his momma can find a way to make him being gay profitable?

WHET?

cheeks8683 says:

_________________________________________________________

fooo-lish :rofl:

brenden says:

Oooh hey Choco :waves: if that’s the case I guess you shouldn’t think about my lrg, succulent moobies. Big round areolas, sparadic patches of hair…They make up for the testicles that I lack…I call them my breasticles…Yeah the doctors blame it on over exposure to estrogen during child birth, but I say It was the good Lord almighty giving me what others yearn for :-)

AndThenIHitMyDougie says:

MzDimples
    :hug: :yahoo:

Anna says:

~~~~~~~
    I just saw it at lunch time. She looks so diff.
    I like the one w/Carrie Fisher, she gets on the scale and says I lost 50lbs, that’s half a Super Model. :rofl:

chibytex says:

___________________________________________________________
    THIS is why I LOVE KDUB!!!

bnatural says:

KDub says:

I TOLD yall Derek J be confusing souls left and right…

_________________________________________

…and spilling out them shoes like a can of busted biscuits

#heneedtostopthatshyt
    ———————-

:rofl: :rofl:

:dead: Brenlay lay will you visit me and place only the prettiest gardenias over my tombstone

MzDimplez1123 says:

DOUGIE! :hug: :yahoo:

MzDimplez1123 says:

Kris Kardashian-Jenner don’t stand a chance with KDubb on the job. :no: :lol:

@ Choco…..Your ex gone cry when he catches on. Don’t feel bad, I tell to have a weak spot for my rugrats too. :yes:

:hug:

ANd then I hit my :danban1: Whats up bish

Choco

Dimpz

Cheeka a Leek and Chiby
    :hug:

Anna says:

Daisy says:

I am more outraged by the SORRY line up they have this season that is why I WON’T be watching I have NOT missed an ep since this show started I am #teamdance and love this show. I cld care less abt Chaz being a man or on the show if he likes it I love it.
    ~~~~~
    There has always been a weird mix of Celebs on the show. Kate plus 8. Trista from the bachlorette etc.. None of them are A list Celebs. Donny & Marie were on diff seasons. Most of the well known Celebs are the Athletes and Disney kids. Most ppl didn’t know who Kirstie Ally, or Jennifer Gray. IMO Donny & Marie are A-Listers.

!*LaKErCHiC@*! says:

REALLY THO? :blink: WHO GIVES A FUK!! LET HER/HIM BE… :coffee:

KDUB
    why the guys that work at the shore stores like to be called Ms (insert first name) Like Gary with the Tea’s friend Ms Armani!

MzDimplez1123 says:

CHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! *fainta*

Daisy says:

@anna the line up SUCKS to me I won’t be watching they always had at least 3-4 ppl I wanted to see they don’t have ONE person I feel is worth tuning in for. I been watching the show from day one I know how the line up works thanks.

@tru I still LOVE that J Hud commerical that’s my JAM I even play the song on her cd :dance:

DeevaC says:

Sandra, do you have a degree in psychology? What exactly qualifies you to speak on matters such as this? Based on your statements in this article I think you should stick to blogging about entertainment as you clearly fall way short of being a psychologist.

trenee says:

these are the same parents who don’t help their children with their homework, who allow their children to watch the show, that’s on fairly late. these are the same parents whose children are already confused about going outside and playing with other children who are being raised by video games. i don’t think her “preference” has anything to do with the show! let her (since she’s still female) be great!!!!

Jay Bee says:

This is clearly signs of mental health.. Shes a WOMAN.. God does not make mistakes.. you can believe your a man all you want but your azz is Not…
    She does not produce sperm and has no testicles so go to MARS with this BS and by the way i only want to see Nancy Grace..DWTS disappopinted me when my homie brandy was on there so im boycotting until Megan Good is on there…

Nhere says: