Have you been experiencing headaches, dizziness, muscle cramps or unexplained hair loss lately? It could be the apple juice you're drinking, according to a nationally renowned TV doctor.

Television host Dr. Mehmet Oz has come under fire by the Food and Drug Administration for his claims that the apple juice we consume is dangerous for our health.

Dr. Oz announced on his TV show Wednesday that testing by a New Jersey lab found "troubling" levels of arsenic poison in many brands of the apple juice we drink.

The FDA loudly denied Dr. Oz's claims in press statements, which of course made headlines around the country. The resulting media coverage led some people to wonder if that glass of apple juice they drink every morning could really kill them.

"There is no evidence of any public health risk from drinking these juices. And the FDA has been testing them for years," the agency said in one press statement.

The flap escalated Thursday, when Oz's former medical school classmate Dr. Richard Besser lambasted him on ABC's "Good Morning America" show for what Besser called an "extremely irresponsible" report that was akin to "yelling `Fire!' in a movie theater." Source

But would the FDA really tells us if there were high levels of arsenic in our apple juice? According to the FDA, trace levels of arsenic is naturally present in water, air, food, and soil in organic and inorganic forms.

It's the inorganic form of arsenic that can kill us says the FDA.

"Organic arsenic is essentially harmless," the agency says, and it passes through the body quickly. Inorganic arsenic is the type found in pesticides, and consuming it at high levels or over a long period can cause concern. Source

Source

• kingstonn

what? i love Dr. Oz..
    he's the one who helped me get over my putting peroxide on scrapes. :(

• !*LaKErCHiC@*!

:wtf: I JUST WENT TO SAMS YESTERDAY AND BOUGHT SOME DANG APPLE JUICE :koolaid:

• !*LaKErCHiC@*!

@KINGSTON THAT BISH IS FUKN BEUTIFUL **ON UR GRAVY** GOT ME HOT NOW!! :lol: PERFECT :)

• Thehighyella1

Dr. Oz stated that there was a concern about the "long term effects" of arsenic being present in apple juice. He also stated that he drinks it and gives it to "his" children he only brought it up to make the public aware as we all should be...I believe that the FDA gets kick backs and that is why they are jumping at something to say..well lets just hope he survives the possiable law suites...Good Mornting..lol

• kingstonn

see? that's the chick that played Jaz on the game.. just too effin' gawjus.

• !*LaKErCHiC@*!

@KINGSTON :lol: SHE IS VERY PURRTY I LOOOVE PEOPLE WITH BEUTIFUL SMILES AND THIS BISH RIGHT HERE GOT IT!!

• http://twitter.com/_Tainted_Love Tainted_Love

Wow! I've never liked apple juice but my mother drinks it daily! The FDA overlooks a lot

• http://twitter.com/_Tainted_Love Tainted_Love

@Kingston Yes! The chic on ur gravi is hawt

• LadyLioness

Well there is certainly more than arsenic in most of the popular brand juices. That's why it smart to read the ingredients on the label. They are sticking everything from high fructose corn syrup (really genetically modified corn sugar) aspartame, sucrulose (Splenda) and whatever junk they are allowed by the FDA to label as "natural flavors" in them. My rule of thumb is, if there are more than five ingredients, with too many quadruple syllable words in the list, it's not natural and stays on the shelf.

• http://www.twitter.com/cocoabana Cocoabana

-------

I was watching this on the news last night. It hasn't killed me yet so I guess I'll keep drinking it for now.

• http://www.twitter.com/cocoabana Cocoabana

Kingstonn, is that Tae Heckard? I think that's her name.

• GeminEyez

kingstonn says:

what? i love Dr. Oz..
    he’s the one who helped me get over my putting peroxide on scrapes.

***********************

Please tell me more..... what did he say was wrong with it?

• kingstonn

@ tainted
    isn't she? i have a huge girl crush :(

@ topic
    the FDA approves that diet pill Alli, that causes anal leakage and they're worried about what Dr. Oz said about apple juice? sigh.

• kingstonn

@ cocoa
    YESSS! that is her..

@ gemineyez
    girl. i can't remember but it wasn't good at all. he gave a demonstration of what it looks like when you put peroxide on their and the chit scared me to death. he said it's better to put alcohol on them even though they burn like the Watts riots.

• vero

This conspiration conversation is about to start again :lol:

• http://sandrarose.com Sandra Rose

Thehighyella1 says:

Of course the FDA gets kickbacks from the citrus lobbyists to keep the public in the dark about what's in the juice we're drinking. Orange juice sent me to the emergency room with horrible stomach pain in the 80s. That's why I stopped drinking orange juice and all citrus fruit juices 20 years ago. :coffee:

• GeminEyez

Thehighyella1 says:

Of course the FDA gets kickbacks from the citrus lobbyists to keep the public in the dark about what’s in the juice we’re drinking. Orange juice sent me to the emergency room with horrible stomach pain in the 80s. That’s why I stopped drinking orange juice and all citrus fruit juices 20 years ago.

******************************

Being that I just drank some orange juice, this doesnt sit well with me.......

• http://sandrarose.com Sandra Rose

kingstonn says:

see? that’s the chick that played Jaz on the game.. just too effin’ gawjus.

You know she's a lesbian, right? She's a stuck up lesbun too. I used to follow her on Twitter. She wouldn't respond to any of my DMs, so I no longer follow her. :coffee:

• Mamacita

I don't drink apple juice that often but I have a friend who drinks it all the time. He seems fine to me.

Everything can kill you these days, obviously!

But I do hate anything "diet" "subtitute" or "artificial"! Half of that sh*t is worse than the real deal. Like my mom always says just stick with what God made.

• H-Townmama

This is the same FDA who approved aspartame although it is a known cause of neurological disorders? Oh ok :coffee: <-----really orange juice

In the 60's or 70's aspartame was sold as RAT POISON. It is not even sweet naturally. High Fructose Corn Syrup is just as bad. It re-eires your brain and can even cause non alcoholic fatty liver disease. Our bodies are made to process natural glucose (sugar). HFCS damages the cells and our bodies cannot process it and store for future use (energy) like sugar. I did a 15 minute presentation on this last year in school.

• http://sandrarose.com Sandra Rose

LadyLioness says:

Well there is certainly more than arsenic in most of the popular brand juices. That’s why it smart to read the ingredients on the label.

I started reading labels after the first time I went to the emergency room and the doc there told me to stop drinking orange juice. I found out that CITRIC ACID and fructose corn syrup are the two main ingredients in almost everything we eat and drink. And by coincidence, those two ingredients cause acid reflux and stomach ulcers! But the FDA will never tell you that because the drug manufacturers would lose billions and the FDA would stop getting kickbacks. Notice how all you see on TV are commercials for acid reflux medications? :coffee:

• http://www.twitter.com/cocoabana Cocoabana

kingstonn says:

see? that’s the chick that played Jaz on the game.. just too effin’ gawjus.

You know she’s a lesbian, right? She’s a stuck up lesbun too. I used to follow her on Twitter. She wouldn’t respond to any of my DMs, so I no longer follow her.
    ----------

• kingstonn

@ sandra
    GASP. REALLLLLLY? did you tell her you were a world famous blogger/photographer? i bet that would get her to reply to you! :lol:

• Mamacita

"I used to follow her on Twitter. She wouldn’t respond to any of my DMs, so I no longer follow her."

:hahaha: Oh Sandra...

#stalker

• http://sandrarose.com Sandra Rose

kingstonn says:

@ sandra

Oh, she knew who I was and she replied to me all the time on the public timeline. But I got no love from her in my DM box. Acting like she's too hawt to respond to me in the DMs :coffee:

• Shereezy

@ Sandra

My mom had the same situation with OJ thats why I dont even mess with it..plus OJ taste nasty!!

• GeminEyez

I really wonder if this is the reason why my daughter always complains of a stomach ache, Ive taken her to her pediatrician several times and she has had xrays done but nothing was "seen". IM going to do more research on this. Thanks for shedding some insight on this....

• http://youtu.be/SyzcW8ZVnsc melissak380

LadyLioness says:

My rule of thumb is, if there are more than five ingredients, with too many quadruple syllable words in the list, it’s not natural and stays on the shelf.
    **********************

:yes:

• Shereezy

LadyLioness says:

**********************

Agreed

• SuthernBelle4

Howdy all, hope everyone is enjoying their Friday- its really cold in my neck of the woods :crying:
    Anyways I am not surprised by this post after I watched a special on the meat packing industry, anything gets through the FDA. hi @H-Townmama excuse me for being nosey, but I read in the other post where you make your own soaps and I was wondering would you mind sharing your recipes? I have really sensitive skin and if the stuff with "no fragances" and all that other stuff still makes me break out.

• WUTWUZMISSIN!

Umm has any one ever wondered why the people who regulate the medicine we take and the food we eat are in the same division? I personally think they make us sick to use the medicine they push... :shrug:

• http://youtu.be/a3MzdAVL46E YSoSerious

@WUT

I believe that too. :yes:

• http://sandrarose.com Sandra Rose

GeminEyez says:

I really wonder if this is the reason why my daughter always complains of a stomach ache, Ive taken her to her pediatrician several times and she has had xrays done but nothing was “seen”. IM going to do more research on this. Thanks for shedding some insight on this….

You're welcome, hun. May I suggest that you eliminate everything with citric acid and fructose corn syrup from her diet? I promise you will see a remarkable improvement in her. :yes:

• http://sandrarose.com Sandra Rose

@ SuthernBelle4:

Wow, you actually found soap with no fragrances? I gave up looking for soap with no fragrance and no lotion in it. That's all u see in the stores. :no:

• cutemama007

If these claims are true it wouldnt surprise me. A lot of our food and liquids are tainted.

• http://sandrarose.com Sandra Rose

@ WUTWUZMISSIN!:

I'm a middle aged woman who does not take any medication at all (except for vitamins). The reason for that is I read my food labels. I do not eat or drink anything that contains citric acid or fructose corn syrup, I stopped drinking sodas or eating red meat when I was 14. We can blame the FDA and the lobbyists but they are not forcing us to eat what's bad for us :no:

• TiFan4Lyfe

i had unsweetened apple juice once and have never drank any type of apple juice ever again...i swear it tasted like it could have been pine sol or some cleaning product so...it doesn't sound far fetched to me

• Yall still crazy

ALL of the milk in the USA is poisoned also :coffee: <--Not Milk!

#ifyoudontbelievemejustgoogleMONSANTO

• KayCeiSoul

Yall still crazy says:

ALL of the milk in the USA is poisoned also <–Not Milk!

#ifyoudontbelievemejustgoogleMONSANTO

********************************************

Hey Yall! :waves:

Good Morning All! :hi:

Yes - Monsanto is horrible! They created Agent Orange AND still spray poison all over crops.

I don't fool with milk a'tall!!! Nevr have been a milk drinker. The whole concept is gross to me. Ugh.

• LadyLioness

Yeah we can blame Monsanto for all the genetically modified foods being slipped into the grocery stores, unidentified. He's trying to buy up all the organic seedhouses. Businesses are getting raided by the FDA at gun point. People are going to jail for selling raw milk and other natural foods. Congress introduced a bill to make growing and sharing your own food illegal.

• Starr

The FDA needs more people...I don't trust em.

It one of the segments, they said that there's more arsenic in apple juice than our water....well why is that. And these apples come from china, and they test less than 2% of these things.....I've been ignorant about things like this, it wasn't until i starting loosing weight that I've made the effort to be more conscious about whats in our food and where its coming from.

• Ms. Everything

I can't stand Dr. Oz even though my mom loves him. I personally distrust the majority of tv doctors/psychologists who make broad claims but from what I've been taught and read, there's 2 different types of arsenic and one of them is naturally occurring in plants and animals and is therefore in your system already. Super poisonous arsenic that will kill you is mixed with some other crap. But there is arsenic in the water supply and alot of foods but it's all regulated. Me personally, I'm not gonna get up in arms and never drink apple juice again simply because a tv quack of a doctor wants to scare his viewers without presenting all the facts. If the amount of arsenic in apple juice was so harmful there would be a lot of dead and half dead people running around right now :shrugs:

***disclaimer: I am not a scientist, chemist or even healthy food advocate and as a matter of fact I failed chemistry twice (passed on the 3rd go round) so the above statements may not be all that accurate but are my understanding from what I read online last night***

• Creamychic

The best milk is raw milk but I found out it was against the law for a farmer to give it to u. A friend of mine was dying of cancer, and an indian woman said give them real raw milk from a real farmer. With no hormones added. But I could not fond a farmer that would give it to me, the one I called in arozona said its a federal crime. To give u unprocessed milk. All I said is wow. Really if u know about this let me know

• Ms. Everything

@Creamy I know when I was in CA they did a sting on people selling unprocessed milk and cheese and I asked around to people and was told that it's something about if bacteria happens to grow people can get really sick, people can get sued and all of that stuff. Unprocessed milk has to be kept at a certain temp and for only a certain amount of time or something to avoid all that.

• scorpio

There is something about Dr. Oz that is off putting. His show seems to use too many scare tactics.

• West Coast Chick

Man O man.. I dont normally watch Dr Oz, but Im glad I caught this episode, i was one of those moms that thought i was doing a good thing by giving my son Motts Apple juice.. but I'll be more careful next time... crazy ...just crazy