A coroner's inquest into the death of British chanteuse Amy Winehouse has determined that the troubled singer died of alcohol poisoning.
A coroner ruled that Winehouse died from "Death by Misadventure," saying Winehouse "had consumed sufficient alcohol ... and the unintended consequence of such potentially fatal levels was her sudden and unexpected death."
Winehouse had five times the legal limit of alcohol in her system at the time she died. Additionally, numerous bottles of vodka were found strewn about her bedroom.
It was confirmed that Amy had been off drugs for three years (as evidenced by drug testing), and she had been sober for two weeks.
Her doctor, who testified at the inquest and saw her the night before she died, said she was "very determined but said she wanted to quit her own way and had objected to psychological therapy."