Experts Slam Angelina Jolie for Zahara’s Hair Extensions

Angelina Jolie is catching heat for her choice in hairstyles for 6-year-old daughter, Zahara. The little girl recently debuted a head full of weave at a family outing. The hair extensions normally take hours to braid and the procedure can be painful, especially if the child is tender headed.

“If Angelina wants Zahara to be in touch with her roots and have her hair braided then she can do that with the child’s own hair and she doesn’t need to add extensions,” celebrity groomer DaRico Jackson told RadarOnline.com.

“She is far too young for that and Angelina is creating insecurity in the little girl that what she has is not good enough.

“Growing up with siblings who have long flowing hair, Zahara may grow to feel that her own natural hair is not pretty enough, and that without the fake hair she is not beautiful. She should be made to embrace who she is.”

Jackson added: “There are many cute styles that Zahara can have without adding fake hair at such a tender age.”

I agree, but many women in the black community put weave extensions in their daughter’s hair. It’s a matter of convenience for women who don’t have the time or money to take better care of their children’s hair.

102 Responses to “Experts Slam Angelina Jolie for Zahara’s Hair Extensions”

Dawn Sheen says:

They slamming them cause they look cheap that baby got the 3 for $5 kanekalon in a 1B… Fatou would not approve. That baby mines well have on a lacefront.

blackwidow says:

I have nothing against weave or hair extensions, but not for a child. No way no how

BigCityGirl says:

Sandra…I can’t get pass the baby with the lace front…LOL!

iscream says:

There is nothing wrong with her hair being braided. I’m just sick of “them” referring to it as a weave. Isn’t the baby African? That is part of her tradition.

Besides I’ve known of kids getting a hold of a pair of scissors and cutting their hair which resulted in the parent having to put braids in till the child’s hair grew back.

I think this is an insult to us because braids are apart of our tradition. Some are just mad that this is the one hairstyle they can’t copy and make it look good. :nana:

Braids are very convenient. Especially when you don’t want to relax a childs hair that young. It’s managable, neat and fuss free from day to day. I’m glad Angelina took the child to someone who knew how to help her manage the childs hair without chemicals.

It doesn’t matter what she does or how hard she tries, someone will always have some ill shat to say.

P.Y.T says:

at least she’s not perming her head like some of OUR OWN do to the babies as early as 9 months.

@ iscream: they don’t care about the braid hairstyle itself, they’re more annoyed by the fact that Angelina put hair extensions in the baby’s hair. Hair extensions are known to stress the scalp and damage hair cuticles which leads to baldness.

jealousCNenvy says:

I know this is not the first time yall seen a lil girl with individuals…..come one now….smh. NEXT!!

CHA CHA says:

UMMMMM My daughter has hair exactly like Baby Z’s and I do as well. We get braids often…. Regarding my daughter I have given her singles plently of times because it was convenient for me and she likes them. I didnt start until she about 6 years old though, I figured then her hair is not so much baby hair but a lil stronger. Never once has my daughers hair been stretched or stressed and she has a VERY full hair of thick unamanageable fly away soft hair a not a lick of bald!!!

:thinking: do these people (critics) have daughters?

Smonae80 says:

Ion see nothing wrong with a 6 yr old having braids, nothing wrong with her adding hair
    People making a big deal out of nothing

PrettyG07 says:

I would have loved to get braid extentions at that age instead of having my mother burn the edges of my hair off with the relaxers she insisted on using.

iscream says:

Brushing your hair can lead to baldness so should she not brush it? There are millions of little girls walking around with their hair braided. How is the media’s portrayal of what they look like going to make them feel about themselves? We don’t know if the braids are tight. It’s just a story for the paps to print and I think they need to find something else to talk about besides a child’s hair.

DeevaC says:

braids in general are known to cause stress/baldness, especially cornrows when done too tight (with or without extensions). either way, angelina can’t catch a break usually the blogs complain about how she doesn’t do her hair.

Hmph.

You sons and daughters of Israel who never take a stand for the truth, but always try to pacify yourselves and others…

YOURE’ GONNA DIE WHEN DESTRUCTION COMES!!

You keep silent because you are afraid of what society will think, or to lose your jobs, or lose your mansions and your money, or because you are afraid to die for the truth….

” He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.” [ Matthew 10:39 ]

COWARDS WON’T MAKE IT TO HEAVEN.

”But the FEARFUL, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and ALL LIARS, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.” [ Revelation 21:8 ]

CHA CHA says:

Smonae80 says:

People making a big deal out of nothing

:wave: HEY SMONAE nice to finally put a face with a name… Your beautiful my FeLLOW BEYONCE STAN SISTER :grill:

iscream says:

*************************************************************
    Or fried it with a hot comb. Where were these writers when we were getting the back of our ears and necks burned from those straightening combs :lol:

If my hair survived that Lady Z will survive her braids.

shoneydip says:

i dont see the problem. like someone said before this cannot be the first time ppl have seen a little girl with braids.

Redeemed777 says:

If you believe in the Bible and EVERY WORD ( with the understanding of it ), you better wake up out of your slumber.

Time is ticking.

Redeemed777 says:

Edom won’t make it to heaven, so you Israelites who follow edom’s ways won’t make it either!

Redeemed777 says:

Speak out against these evil fake jewish people who claim they are the Jews that the Bible speaks about…

”I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan.”

Revelation2:9

Redeemed777 says:

These fake Jewish people are really AMALEK.

This is their identity in the Bible.

…and guess what?

that satanic TALMUD BOOK that they so-called read supports the following:

1. Pedophilia
    2. Beastiality
    3. Idol worship
    4. Murder of the true Israelites
    5. Interest

…and plenty more.

iscream says:

These fake Jewish people are really AMALEK.
    ************************************************************
    :ban: Please… :rules: :ban:

Redeemed777 says:

The only ONE AND TRUE LAW AND WORD OF GOD IS THE BIBLE!!!

POINT BLANK PERIOD!!!

Not the so-called, koran, talmud, mormon, kabbahlah, hindu, buddah, etc..

Smonae80 says:

Aww thank you CHA CHA :love:
    We Bey fans gotta stick 2gether lol

100% usa made! says:

Ok, so am I the only person who have seen little girls with their hair braided using hair that was bought. Leave angie and zahara alone.

Redeemed777 says:

These so-called fake jewish pple

own the banks

own the record labels/companys

own corporations

own slaves

own pretty much everything, and these are the people you say are the jews????????

You better go read DEUTERONOMY the 28th chapter to find out who the REAL JEWS are!!!

100% usa made! says:

I’m sorry, but that pic of that cute baby wearing the lacefront is hilarious!!!!

Redeemed777 says:

Oh yeah the fake jewish pple also funded and probably still funds the KKK!

Redeemed777 says:

All you pacified and scary sons & daughters of Israel WILL FIND OUT TOO LATE that the truth is the truth.

Redeemed777 says:

( This sh*t is hilarious!!! )

Let me post some of their so-called laws for you Israelites that don’t like to read or research nothing…

iscream says:

Sandra you’re going to let this _________ mess with your money? This is highly offensive and __________ is calling out institutions to identify what type of people they are referring to. I don’t think this is the place for hate like that to be spread. I’m sure you have Jewish readers and maybe some registered users.

:ban: :ban: :ban:

Smonae80 says:

100% usa made! says:

no ma’am,, i see it all the time

iscream says:

Please don’t do us any favors.

*throws holy water*

Demon be gone. :ban: :hater:

Smonae80 says:

:rofl: @ iscream

….

” If a Jew (i.e fake jew ) is tempted to do evil he should go to a city where he is not known and do the evil there.”

[ Moed Kattan 17a ]

” A Jew ( fake jew ) need not pay a gentile ( real jews/”Cuthean”) the wages owed him for work.”

[ Sanhedrin 57a ]

” A Jew may have sex with a child as long as the child is less than nine years old. ”

[ Sanhedrin 54b ]

AND THESE ARE THE JEWS????????????????????????????????????????????????

lovezoe says:

It amazes me how “experts” always got something to say.

Melissa Niice says:

Sandra you crack me up!!! The lil girl has hair…the only time I have seen anyone do this if its the child has no hair…..but to each its own……

Melissa Niice says:

You guys done woke up redeemed, well sah!!

necyscruiser says:

Are you freakin kidding me, I just left the damn mall and saw many young girls with black mothers with the same hairstyle

100% usa made! says:

It is what it is *kanye shrug*

EB says:

I don’t like the braids in Z’s head. They look horrible but I guess Angelina doesn’t really know how to maintain Z’s hair.

:offtopic: my new years resolution is to stop getting perms.

@ iscream: Redeemed’s comments are not the opinion of the Sandrarose.com community or mine.

Melissa Niice says:

@Eb do it….I just went natural and I love it!

Melissa Niice says:

Are you going to : ban: him/her

TPtotalpackage says:

My 6 year old has plenty of hair and I add extensions to hear hair as a matter of convenience and maintenance. I for one don’t do hair. At all. Her braids make life easier. Camryn’s hair is however neat and well maintained. Zahara’s hair is a hot mess.

EB says:

@ melissa my last perm was in September. I got 3 perms in 2010. I’m ready to stop getting them.

iscream says:

Is that suppose to be some type of disclaimer? I’ve seen you ban people for lesser yet this person is allowed to insult anyone who doesn’t share Christian beliefs?
    ************************************************************

The only ONE AND TRUE LAW AND WORD OF GOD IS THE BIBLE!!!
    POINT BLANK PERIOD!!!
    Not the so-called, koran, talmud, mormon, kabbahlah, hindu, buddah, etc..
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Really? You don’t find a problem with that? but Z’s hair yeah that’s an issue :|

100% usa made! says:

I really wonder how the world would look without perms, extensions, hair dye or plastic surgery. Now that would be interesting to see people without the extras.

Smonae80 says:

Eb i haven’t had a relaxer in 2 years, my hair is much healthier

EB says:

@ smonae I find that my hair is much healthier when I don’t have perms and when I keep the heat away from it. I just wash it, twist it, and let it air dry. I love it

Smonae80 says:

IF you wear your hair straight often, make sure u get some good flat irons,, i dont know why i had a relaxer in the 1st place, i still got tha same routine, wash, condition, blow dry & straighten..
    My stylest charges a little extra but other than that no change

100% usa made! says:

@ smonae80 your stylist charges extra cause your hair is natural?

Smonae80 says:

heat can do some damage, i try to stick to once a week when I’m wearing it straight

Smonae80 says:

Yes, he charges about $20 more, he said its more work, but my hair be feeling like the best remy when I leave,, bone straight

100% usa made! says:

Wow! I’ve heard that some stylists don’t like to work on natural hair. I would think it would be easier considering the lack of chemicals.

100% usa made! says:

I guess it would depend on the thickness and length of your natural hair as to what a stylist would charge too

Starr says:

Is it that serious though? ugh

Anyhoo, I’m thinking about going natural too. The natural nazis do get on my nerves though. I could go 18 plus weeks with out a perm, but I always wonder if I could really commit to it long term, especially now that I cut my hair to shoulder length, the shortest its ever been. I’m not BCing though….i don’t have a face for the short look.

julian says:

this is pathetic her hair is fine when it is combed.

stevetheque says:

People move along nothing to see here!!! Mind your F’en business it’s not your child!!!!

DeevaC says:

wow! i’ve never heard of a stylists charging extra for natural hair, i agree it is more difficult to straighten but still…thats a first. i’m natural and i’ve had stylists ask me to perm my hair but never charge extra, and if they attempted to i would go to a new stylist lol.

chubbswifey says:

If she was going to get exentions in the baby’s head she should have not gone to Shaniqua’s kitchen. I need for her to find the nearest African Hair Braiding Shop or Hair Salon, the next time she decides to be creative and take her back to her roots. Better yet, call me up I can do a better job than that. :yes:

free says:

BigCityGirl says: Sandra…I can’t get pass the baby with the lace front…LOL!

**************************************

that’s “lil sandra”, lol.

free says:

brad had done a nice job working on that head since she was little. i dunno why they felt the need to do extensions but something tells me these two (angie and brad) love to dabble in “culture” and that’s what we wear on our heads.

SunnyK says:

-_- thats not a weave its Braids….

Hershey says:

So thankful that I missed the sermon on the net :coffee: heffa tambout scripcha’s but saying :cuss: words in the same comment….bish please miss me with your e-preaching via bible dot com

Mfckas always got shyt to complain about! How bout the fact that the lil girl looks healthy and well taken care off

The Makeup Maven aka Cotton Candy says:

Good morning, Free, SunnyK & Hershey :hug:

@ Hershey – who was e-cussin??? Redeemed??? :lol:

BTW – I don’t see what the problem is. I’ve seen PLENTY mixed children who had alabaster mothers OR plenty black children who was adopted by alabaster families who heads are TORE THE FUGG UP! If this little girl was running around w/her head looking like a carpet, ppl would have mess to say. This is HER child and she can do what the hell she wants w/her head! She’s clean, well fed and looks healthy and happy. Get the fugg over it! :coffee:

#endsrant

Hershey says:

@ Tatted, yes chile, ole e-store front preacha….smmfh! She acts like my auntie, always preaching to er’body, quotin scripcha’s and chit while holding a warm cup of tea :coffee: <—— really Henny black :hahaha: seriously tho, Henny black :blink:

Back on topic, the lil girl looks healthy and happy, so what she has dyed mop strange hanging from her head, they don't look tight, so when they take them out, she will have some edges left. Cause the only edges my neighbor's 9 year old daughter has, are the ones in their front yard

bnatural says:

Good Morning…. *sigh* back at work this AM….

Now about this post….I don’t have a problem with her getting braids per say but her hair looks too “scalpy”.

Oh andddd, when I used to get my hair done at the salon, I would get charged extra because my hair was natural. I haven’t been back to a salon for styling or anything else since late 2009…

The Makeup Maven aka Cotton Candy says:

@ Hershey – :rofl: @ your auntie. I need to go back up and read were ‘ol (whatever gender) said! :lol:

Like I say, you can’t please all of the ppl all of the time. What ppl start contributing on raising this child, then please, by all means! But until then….BEAT IT! People always wanna tell someone how to raise their child but be the first to get offended when someone has some advise for their azz. Wanna be all “stay out my business! I’ll raise my child the way I see fit!” PUH-LEEZE! Too many people have to much input on how someone choose to raise their child while their kids are 4 years old still walking ’round w/a pacifer or barely potty trained! :rolleyes:

Hershey says:

Tatted :cosign: if you’re not an active, regular contributor to the expenses of said child, you’re opinion doesn’t matter to me, go comb your own head and leave mine alone

The Makeup Maven aka Cotton Candy says:

@ Hersh – I saw the “cuss word” @ hand! :lol: :rofl: :hahaha:

chubbswifey says:

@Tatted~ Speaking of carpet hair, I have a cousin who married an Alabaster and had two kids by her. My mother said she has never in her life seen mixed children with nappy heads. The textures of those babies hair is indescribable. When you said carpet I automatically thought of them. :hahaha:

tnwill777 says:

I always see little black girls with braids in their hair. I’ve seen a 1 year old where I”m from with micro braids. I work for Early Head Start and it’s a two year old in my class with braids that are curled on the ends but the only thing about that is she is bald all around her edges.

Hershey says:

Tatted iown know nan preacha, sto front, e-blog, or otherwise that’s cussin and if I run across one, I’m running away with the quickness, even fools can read and quote scripcha’s. Chit scroll up a piece you’ll see

The Makeup Maven aka Cotton Candy says:

@ Chubbs – :rofl: I JUST LITERALLY SPIT OUT THE LAST OF MY ORANGE JUICE THAT I HAD W/MY SOUFFLE FROM PANERA BREAD! You officially owe me .32 cent to replace it! :lol:

But seriously, GIIIIIIRL, we have this friend, who is black and has the hair texture of Samuel L. Jackson in Jungle Fever and he has a white girlfriend (WHO IS MY DAWG BTW). These fools ‘don fugged around and had a son……….GIRL, THAT FOOLS HAIR IS FUGGED, you hear me?! When I say carpet…….BAAAAABY, CARPET! And it has the nerve to have lint balls in it….JUST LIKE A CARPET! :rofl:

Hershey says:

TNwill, that’s so sad, a two year olds hair hasn’t had the chance to grow yet

The Makeup Maven aka Cotton Candy says:

@ Hershey – she/he had the nerve to say “this sh*t is hilarious!”
    :blink: :shocked: :rofl:

Hershey says:

Tatted, that wanna be preacha… She needs to get off of the bible dot com and get on I need therapy dot com

HERSHEY
    this chick at my church (who i think is a lil disturbed) has crochet braids in her baby’s her and she wasn’t even 1 yet!
    I aint seen crochet braid in YEARS!!!!!!!

Brick City Born says:

That little girl with the relaxer tho :kona:

Hershey says:

Brown, I fuggin hate you! crochet braids? Omg! Please dhs on her ass! :rofl:

Hershey says:

Brick that’s a lakefront wig

Hershey says:

Brick that’s a lacefront wig

Brick City Born says:

I don’t see anything wrong with her having braids. I put cornrows in my daughter her because shes “black” and the front of her hair is like her daddys and the back is like mine and I cant manage it everyday. I braid it and leave it for a week or so and then let it rest so it won’t mess up her edges. :shrug:

I’m still :mad: that the little baby got a relaxer, lacefront, or whatever in her hair tho

Hershey says:

I just want to know what Dollar General did Angelina buy that hair from?

When lil Zahara was seen out in public and her hair wasn’t combed it was an uproar then……

!*LaKErCHiC@*! says:

COME THE FUK ON JUST CUZ JOLIE WHITE ITS A FUKN PROBLEM :rolleyes: I SEEN BLACK MOTHERS DO IT TOO!! GTFOH!! :coffee: NEXT!

Brick City Born says:

Hershey says:

Brick that’s a lakefront wig

I just saw this! Thats a shame.

Bigbadwolf says:

There is nothing wrong with getting braids, just get them done right. I know she didn’t pay the African’s 200 for dem braids, those are 20 dollar braids, from the 13 yr old down the street. :coffee:

Yall still crazy says:

Too funnyy…the baby is purple :lol:

Zahara is beautiful and she will be just fine :coffee:

#bradcouldgetit :ashamed: djm

Lady_L says:

jealousCNenvy says:

——————————
    a couple of the little girls at my church on the Jr. Usher Board wear there hair in cute little braids with extentions. THey were them in cute little ponytail styles, and their parents keep them neat looking….

Lady_L says:

“their”

Rene says:

@Redeemed – I usually lurk but you make my butt itch. Those scriptures you constantly quote were designed to tell you how to live and what to do and not to do. They were not meant for you to throw over the fence to everyone youcome in contact with. God asks us to be examples, but judges of others lives. Stop quoting and condemning everyone and practice living a redeemed life instead of talking about one. #dobetter

CreoleCutie7 says:

Those brades are part of a tradition and culture! She’s fine its not like thats the only hair style she wears, plus they are super convenent when swimming or something like that which I know Jole would have her kids doing on vacations etc. …that guy who made that statement needs to give it a rest :shrug:

binks says:

Typical people complaining to be complaining. Z’s hair is fine though the style could have used better execution but black girls getting braids that age is the norm as long as the braids aren’t to tight and her scalp is healthy and moisturized this is not a big deal

dustypork says:

So the little girl has braids. I don’t see the problem. It’s easier. All the little girls had braids when I was a kid and most of them still have their hair. Plus braids are very childlike and suiting. I don’t like those braids Zahara has, but it’s easy.

scandalous1 says:

Instead of so many people complaing about what she is doing with the child that she adopted, why won’t someone educate her on the proper way to handle the little girls hair. No one knows better than a black woman.