Soulja Boy is flat broke – and about to be evicted

Rapper Soulja Boy has more problems to worry about than drug busts and poor album sales. Gossip website TMZ reports that the rapper is about to be evicted from his Buckhead condo near Elton John’s old digs.

Soulja’s 2011 has included … lying about buying a private jet, pissing off the military with one of his songs and getting arrested for allegedly carrying weed and a gun in a briefcase.

Now TMZ has learned the rapper, real name DeAndre Way, has not paid his November rent for his Atlanta pad — a whopping $4,725 — so he’s been served with eviction papers. Soulja has until December 5 to pay up, or risk getting thrown out. Source

59 Responses to “Soulja Boy is flat broke – and about to be evicted”

Melissa Niice says:

Poor tink tink :whistle: hopped up out my bed turn my swag on…..

rockstar says:

Soooo basically what they’re saying is his 15 minutes are up. Maybe he can sell that Superman costume on Ebay to pay his rent.

lovezoe says:

So sad. No one has looked out for his best interests, too scared he gone cut them off. There should have been a trust, monthly allowance, etc. I hope he gets it together.

:shocked: *not really*

:offtopic: so mrs. eddie long down packed up her bags huh? :coffee:

CreoleCutie7 says:

How you gonna not have 5k to pay ya flippin rent??? :haha:

GAGIRL87 says:

Where is his parents? there is NO way my son would be a multi millionare and broke within 5 yrs our people need to start saving and investing money properly :coffee:

Hershey says:

@ Fayla where did you hear this from? SPILL THE TEA!

GAGIRL87 says:

*Where are his parents* :shocked:

lovezoe says:

She released a statement. Just googled his name and that came up.

NaijaGal says:

@Fayla :yahoo: now say what about the Longs?

The Makeup Maven says:

Good morning, everyone – Fay Fay, Melissa, Zoe, Rockstar & Creolecutie! :hug:

I, for the life of me, can’t understand why ppl just don’t buy their place flat out when they have money at some point and time. If i’m getting money in like that, i’m just going to flat out by my ish and then all I have to worry about are taxes….prolly pay those up as far as I can too, instead of purchasing $200k cars, dookie chains w/various stones here & there. SMDH :no:

felinelurker says:

Just heard that Fayla.
    Knew it was coming.
    Morning all :waves:

GAGIRL87 says:

*cough* Um Tatted :hi:

Hershey says:

I just read it on the ajc dot com about Eddie :gay: Longstroke’s wife to file for D-voss…SMDH it sure took her a long time

NaijaGal says:

If I’m not mistaken wasn’t he 18 when he officially blew up? Can’t tell someone that’s grown and especially one that “knows” they’re grown anything

Mother Jefferson says:

:coffee: :popcorn:

lovezoe says:

@Ga I agree. He buying chains, cars like he Trump. I am sorry, but as much as you love Ray-Ray and em, you can’t carry everyone along on the ride. No reason he should be in a predicament where he can’t pay the bills. Unless he living in LA, his rent shouldn’t be 5k. Single, no kids? A two bedroom condo would do just fine.

The Makeup Maven says:

Awww chit – other folk ‘done come up here AFTER I started my email…

Heeeeey GAGirl, Hershey… :hug:

@ Naija

:whistle:
    You know I’ve been searching for someone
    Who can share that special love w/me
    And your eyes have that glow
    Could be your face I see
    On my computer screen

lovezoe says:

Morning Tatted!

sugar-booger says:

:offtopic:
    UMMMMMM what happened the Drake’s simple ass amd his management team?
    Do tell!!

pointhimout says:

is he on the balcony of a park ave pad in buckhead?

Melissa Niice says:

@ maven

____________________________________________________________________

Good Morning honey,

I always said the samething….the first thing I would do is buy my house cash….it’s a damn shame they make all this money and then go broke!!! Our people gots to get it together FAST!!!!

Hershey says:

Maven :kiss: hey bew! Sang it girl, that was JAM!!!

sugar-booger says:

Sorry… what happened to Drake’s simple ass and his management team?

chocolate divalicious aka CD says:

He should have had a better team around him. He is a typical young man who had success at a young age and unfortunately fell into the traps of spending out of his means. I will not make fun of anyone possibly being on the verge of eviction that chit aint funny to me

Creamychic says:

why dont he just superman them hoes yuleeee :shrugs:

The Makeup Maven says:

Melissa Niice says:

@ maven

____________________________________________________________________

Good Morning honey,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Melissa, I just don’t get it. I really don’t know their circumstances, but they present to the public they are balling, making songs about balling, etc. etc., then do that chit then….IN REAL LIFE! Like Ed McMahon….HOW IN THE SAM HEYUL do you be on the tonight show for 30+ years, doing Publisher Clearance House commercials and shat and then Donald Trump or whoever it was has to bail you out of your home being taking from you??? I just don’t get it. Even if he paid on his house yearly like the average joe, he could’ve been had that house paid off with the Tonight Show alone! :no:

The Makeup Maven says:

@ Hershey – GIIIIIIRL, THAT THERE, WAS MY JAM! :yes:

Mother Jefferson says:

sugar-booger says:

Sorry… what happened to Drake’s simple ass and his management team?
    ——————–
    Drake fired two of his management teams, he had three. He said to many people was in his pockets :coffee:

Melissa Niice says:

@ cream chic
    why dont he just superman them hoes yuleeee
    ______________________________________________________________________

GM TaBew *notes i aint cho REAL bay bay no mo :crying: *
    Naija!!! :yahoo: heeey luv

Ms. YaYa says:

Morning Everybody…It’s Friday :yahoo:

pointhimout says:

@4 yes ma’am, MRS EDDIE LONG done filed them papers on that ass. I knew it was coming. Now he gotta give her a settlement too, only hers will be a bigger chunk, followed by her tell all book. now the story has gotten interesting.

The Makeup Maven says:

@ Fay Fay – YES, YOU ARE MY REAL BAY BAY! I’m sowwy….let me do this the correct and proper way……

Good morning Fay Fay (my REAL bay bay) :kiss:

eastpointvet says:

if he is handling his finances and personally paying bills i dont see the big deal. it may just be an oversight if you got multiple homes and handling your own affairs you could get mixed up in paying them sometimes. if he cant pay thats a different story which the only reason that would be is that he doesnt want to pay because he has 5k.

Creamychic says:

why dont he just superman them hoes yuleeee
    :rofl: :rofl:

Hershey says:

A lot of these microwave rap artists, think their existence will always be relevant, when in reality they’re just the hot artist of the moment. So, they don’t plan well and certainly don’t spend well. They have vultures who come masked as friends and family and they dig deep through their pockets because the well will never run dry.

Hershey says:

In a society where your car and chain define your wealth, the poor thing never had a chance to plan for his life after rapping. His face and body are tatted to death, he’s uneducated in more than one way, so unless he can make a huge come back, he can hang it up…better call Bravo or VH1 and get him a reality show, that seems to be the best way to come back at this point. :coffee:

laterthannever says:

Not surprising, but to echo what others have said, why would you not buy a place outright? ESPECIALLY if you’re living in/near ATL where you can have palatial digs for the lowski. :shrug:

laterthannever says:

@Hershey, he’ll do Celebrity Rehab. Although no one blows back up after that one…

The Makeup Maven says:

:cosign: both Hershey’s post! :yes:

I’m sure he has 4 g’s watch he pay it or hmm?

Hershey says:

@ later it does seem like once you’re on Celeb rehab, you’re career is OVA!

Mannie says:

Hey Folks

Its friday!!!! Time to get DRUNK!!!!!

GAGIRL87 says:

lovezoe says:

_____________________________________________________

I know it’s our job as parents to help guide our children and I just couldn’t sit back and watch my son self destruct and waste his money like that…

Dawn Sheen says:

Y’all thank Rent A Center and AArons and Color Tyme done came and got they TV’s and shat yet?

Anna says:

CreoleCutie7 says:

How you gonna not have 5k to pay ya flippin rent???
    ~~~~~~~~~
    Right. It’s Dec 2nd, he didn’t pay his rent for Nov, who evicts that fast? I know ppl living in rented homes and their own foreclosed homes for over a yr. not paying 1 dime.

A.J. says:

Mortgages are for the grown and tricks are for kids!! Silly Rabbit

Morning All, loving the Gravi’s today-they are so diverse!!

KDub says:

Are him and Sugar Crystals (Diamond) still togeva?

Crystal Light better help her bew. Can’t she borrow some dough from Scruffy (Scrappy)

West Coast Chick says:

Melissa Niice says:

Poor tink tink hopped up out my bed turn my swag on :whistle:
    ________________________
    :rofl: took a look in the mirror, say whassup, yeahhhhh, I aint :no: got no moneeeeeey :shrugs:

West Coast Chick says:

Anna says:

CreoleCutie7 says:

How you gonna not have 5k to pay ya flippin rent???
    ~~~~~~~~~

________________________

he might need some legal assistance. My sister is a property lawyer…I’ll have her send him a business card :hahaha:

Hershey says:

This is why I’m happy I’m not famous! If I can’t pay my mortgage ain’t nobody gonna know, but me and USAA mortgage services! He should link up with Bow wow, Master P and T-Boz since they’re all broke…that’ll make a good reality show! :hahaha:

spongebobfan says:

he made millions when he first came out. buying all the useless ‘hiphop accessories ‘ and bragging about ? i knew that would be his downfall. he was a kid when he had his hit, and probably had noone good around him to manage his money. SMH

Ty says:

He should’ve took his millions and set his azz down somewhere. Spending like he was a real artist :coffee:

MzDetermined says:

Why was he paying 5k for rent anyways. He set his self up to fail. He should have been more responsible with his finances and he would have been fine. I hope he works it out and find him a more reasonable place to live.

melinla says:

Morning ya’ll – @ Tatted – I hear that and I would do the same (buy it out right), but maybe he needed the mortgage interest as a write-off…

rockstar says:

Good Morning sorry :hug: sorry for the late response.

rockstar says:

The Makeup Maven says:

Good morning, everyone – Fay Fay, Melissa, Zoe, Rockstar & Creolecutie!

Good Morning :hug: sorry for the late response

I Run New York says:

He needs to pawn those hideous chains.