According to a well-connected source, local attorney Phaedra Parks has lawyered up, one day after a VIBE magazine ran an exclusive exposing Phaedra’s alleged criminal history.

According to my source, Phaedra has retained the services of B.J. Bernstein and Lin Wood, two of the top defense attorneys in Atlanta.

Both attorneys are considered among the best in their fields. Most of you are familiar with Bernstein, who filed a sexual misconduct suit against embattled Pastor Bishop Eddie Long in 2010. Wood is currently representing disgraced former presidential candidate Herman Cain, who is now a radio host on WSB in Atlanta.

According to my source, Phaedra, who is a cast member on ‘Real Housewives of Atlanta,’ must think she’s in hot water if she hired both Bernstein and Wood, who don’t come cheap!

She could have just as easily hired B.J. Bernstein by herself, said my source, but Phaedra obviously thinks her situation is dire if she hired two of the top criminal attorneys in the country.

Phaedra’s accuser, Angela Stanton, told VIBE that she, along with Phaedra, her husband Apollo Nida, and another man, were involved in a car theft ring. Stanton claimed Phaedra was the ringleader, who sent Stanton and Apollo into car dealerships to copy down VIN numbers of expensive luxury vehicles.

In a video posted on Vibe.com, Stanton said Phaedra created fake registration cards to match the stolen vehicles. Stanton then presented the VIN numbers and the fake registration cards to other dealerships to have new keys cut.

The vehicles were later stolen by simply driving the vehicles off the car lot using the new keys. Phaedra has not made a statement, but retaining Bernstein and Wood is statement enough.

She must be guilty.

This story is developing…

Stanton also made a video in 2010 describing how she was sexually abused because of Eddie Long. Watch that video below.

100 Responses to “Phaedra Parks Lawyers Up; Embattled Celebrity Attorney Retains 2 Powerhouse Criminal Attorneys”

StillB3lieve says:

Oh wow, guess everything’s about to hit the fan.

Smart people (guilty or not) usually “lawyer up” if they can afford it :shrug:

Maybe it’s “Sweeps Week” (ala Money Talks) :rofl:

Hmph! Well I’ll be bless her heart :coffee:

LaTechGrad02 says:

Sounds like Angela Stanton is looking for another 15 minutes of fame since the first 15 didn’t work out so well.

Kcooks25 says:

Honestly this does not surprise me in the least bit. She is a ghetto hot mess!!

yallcrazy says:

Well I’ll be bless her heart

———————–
    Auntie, tmz has some nasty photos of nikki’s azz :rofl:

15min of fame for Angela :shrugs: She too has implicated herself – and prolly already did her time like Apollo did so it’s time for Phaedra to anty up!

@Choco

How are they gonna prove it?

@Yall what the hell makes Niki think she looks good I get mad and quickly scroll away….

@Yall
    Don’t know how they will be prove it but she best hope she do not get on Apollo’s bad side and since Apollo already went to jail for his blue collar crime I would presume they could start there – I think it can be proven the state will make an example of her and she will pay!

yallcrazy says:

Phaedra probably lawyered up to hurry and fix this and then will sue Angela for defamation and the “consideration” will be “lost financial gain” or some ish :lol:

Ohh I’m really upset with her hairline. :(

yallcrazy says:

Choco, that booty looked like wooooooooooo

That’s HOT when :pigsfly:

CD FENTY says:

Seems like ole Angie den got herself in a pickle. Phaedrea seems like the type to put out a hit on yo ass and while u getting yo brains blown the fukk out she is conviently singing Negro spirituals in the church choir next to sister Jenkins :coffee:

:peace: Night night fam

yallcrazy says:

Choco, maybe that’s why she married him, SO that he won’t be able to testify against her :shrug:

*cues that Testify song*

:whistle:

Before you lock my love away

@Yall
    Well what to do with her face! and Her stupid look! She can’t possibly think she is sexy

:cya: CD

yallcrazy says:

Oh I didn’t even notice her face, I feel sorry for when “the machine” is done with her, well not really, folks chasing money :no: <-smh

Good point @ Yall

But somehow Karma may be coming back to hit her…

@ yallcrazy: No one would hire a million dollar defense to go after somebody who is broke. :coffee:

yallcrazy says:

Everybody is saying that.

JMO says:

*bangs gavel*

:banned: <— says "you guilty bish!!*

Auntie, disregard the e-mail that I sent you. #faserious :grill:

———————–

:shrug: Scare Tactic :coffee:

yallcrazy says:

But somehow Karma may be coming back to hit her…

:yes: Could be…

:woohoo:
    :deadhorse:
    (just because)

JMO says:

*bangs gavel*

:banned: <— says "you guilty bish!!*

No trial huh? :rofl:

TwinMom says:

See what happens when you brag too much? All your skeletons start to fall out of the closet. People usually brag and pretend when they have so much to hide. Word to the wise!!!

Kitrina says:

This story is old, and no one cared. Vibe is so desperate they re blog it months later c’mon.
    Why would they get married so he can’t testify? Apollo did his time already, its been years since this passed.

LaTechGrad02 says:

I thought Apollo had already served his time when he met Phaedra so this would be something totally different, if Angela is telling the truth. People make stuff up and implicate people with money all of the time. The threat of going to jail isn’t that big of a deal for some people.

M3z says:

Guilty by the media…only in America. Let’s see how this plays out. I’m not sure if I believe this lady, she has a lot to gain (whether she’s being truthful or not). :violin: In her eddie long video, she’s crying a river about her hard life….terrible that she was molested though.

My thoughts are with baby Adien, getting caught up in a mess b/c of his two parents.

ItsIce says:

:popcorn:
    Can Apollo be forced to testify against her?

Or is he gonna plea the fif the whole time?

CFREE says:

mmmm hmmmm (Phaedra vc) she got two high powered lawyers, one wouldn’t do huh? :think:

scorpio says:

Sorry, but this Stanton woman does not look credible. She’s seeking her 15 minutes. A video in 2010, and now this, she just wants media attention.

Boogie! says:

@LaTechGrad02

but even under what circumstances she met Apollo is sketchy…there were rumors shes known him for years before he got locked up, so who knows? If this is true, smh

LaceJagger says:

I believe it.. Phaedra seems to like criminals. Her secretary helped her ex boyfriend dispose a body, from a drug deal gone wrong.. @Sandra can I name names or no?

Posche says:

Wowwwww Phaedra..!

Guess she better go ahead and

secure that funeral home before

she loses her license to practice.

Little Ayden is gonna need a place

to work to cover his college expenses.

Posche says:

@LaceJagger

:popcorn:

Do tell honey child……

MochaT says:

OOOOOWWWWWWEEEEEE!!!!!!!!! I smell trouble…. :waiting:

MochaT says:

LaceJagger says:

REALLY??? Is she surrounded by criminals?

LaceJagger says:

The secretaries name is Toya, I went to high school with her.. Toya escaped jail time by testifying against her then boyfriend Otis Weldon who can be located on Ga Dept of Corrections website. Toya has appeared in some episodes of rhoa. She is Phaedra’s secretary.

Ni ni says:

Not phaedra :crying: Waits for this here tea : :

SouthernPrincess says:

well lacejagger, thats how you do it honey. spill the tea with details

but I will let this one play out. Something definitely don’t sit well with me regarding Pheadra, it will be interesting to see how this plays out

melEmel says:

Hmmm. At first I was like :yawn: in the other post. But it is interested she hired a CRIMINAL attorney and NOT civil. If it was false she could sue for defamation but that’s a civil claim. I wonder why she hired criminal lawyers, maybe it is true. :thinking:

melEmel says:

interesting*

LaceJagger says:

Please excuse my grammatical errors

yallcrazy says:

Thats how yall do in atl huh? :dead:

LiberianJewels7 says:

Well she’s innocent till proven guilty. I will say taking money from a drug dealer on RHOA was very unprofessional. I gave her the side eye ever since. This woman that is snitching on her must have nothing to lose since she was involved too. Hiring top lawyers isn’t a good look either. If she was innocent, than she could of put out a statement then sued for defamation of character.

yallcrazy says:

Welp all I know is Auntie better not be receivng no supeana (sp) or no ish on this here tea :rofl:

Traigo Fuego says:

Not sure I trust this Stanton lady… I’d sleep with one open and keep the coffee pot full when she’s around… :coffee:

Afiya says:

Let’s see how bad she REALLY is…

Sassy! Muthaf**king, Sassy! says:

:waves: everyone!!

I know I’ve been MIA! I got the batsignals from Yall & Tatted. (Mannie baby, you’re still my e-fiance’!)

I’ll try to come back in and play tomorrow while I’m pretending to working from my boudoir!

Miss you all! *throws kisses and rose petals all over the post*

Adair says:

This is interesting!! As someone mentioned, the fact that she hired criminal attorneys speaks volumes! I wonder if she got them because they want to “question”/interrogate her. If that’s the case, then she was right to hire them because every body know you need an attorney when being “questioned.” Glad she didn’t try to represent herself!

Stanton must going to cut a deal. Depending on the charge(s) of her prior conviction, she can be charged with different ones here and get another conviction.

Can’t wait to see how this unfolds!

datsmdubya2u says:

what’s the statute of limitations on car theft in Georgia….

even if she can’t be convicted she could lose her license for conduct unbecoming of an officer of the court.

BigCityGirl says:

Wow…this is really interesting! Keep us posted Sandra…

rjk8 says:

She’s obviously planning on suing Vibe.

rjk8 says:

She’s obviously planning on suing Vibe.

She can’t sue Vibe unless Vibe knowingly believed Stanton was lying about Phaedra’s criminal past. I’m sure Vibe believes that Stanton is telling the truth.

Nadine says:

Bad Influence says:

well gawdamn @LaceJagger dun spilled a lil tea.. :coffee:

I knew Phaedra was a dirty hamster… :spank:

her bottom dyck suckin lip just looks guilty *shudders*

nite/morn’tin :hi:

free says:

SR, are you going to TP’s presidential event today? my husband will be there working.

3halos says:

Wait a min…if Stanton is the lady in the above video, she said that she was molested by someone but not her mother/father. She merely used Eddie as an example of how people will disbelieve that someone is a molester b/c her best friend was being molested by her dad and she didn’t believe it until she saw it for herself. Unless I missed another part of the video, she didn’t say anything about “describing how she was sexually abused because of Eddie Long”….

mizzdallas says:

yes! @lacejagger spilled the tea!!!

I knew it, she was bragging to much.. anyways.. Goodmorning! :waves:

free says:

Nadine says: Oh my! Here I am thinking that the worst thing Phaedra ever did was lie about her due date to make it appear as if she’s not having premarital sex. I don’t believe it. Phaedra wouldn’t stoop that low.

*********************************

that broad was on tv taking a stack from a obvious drug dealer and laughing about fooling the judge. then she got a secretary who was implicated in a murder and she herself married a “white collar” criminal. is obviously very comfortable with the life.

when i look at phaedra, i see a broad who would do anything for an extra buck if she thinks she can get away with it.

Mannie says:

Sassy! Muthaf**king, Sassy! says:

everyone!!

Miss you all! *throws kisses and rose petals all over the post*
    _______________________________

You gots to notify us when the gov wants you to earn that check… Trust i know how you feel…

GAGIRL87 says:

I don’t believe it hell she’s an attorney she knows the game, you can get sued for anything nowadays so with that being said she’s just being smart I hope!!! :coffee:

Jenie :hug:

brownskin A.K.A Creamy says:

:waves:

Morning Family oooooh Pha Pha, u know if the others went to jail, somebody was gonna tell on you if you are involved. u know that lexus dealer on cobb pkwy was not gonna let this slide even tho it happen back in 06-07-08 :coffee:

:warning: FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSE ONLY, I KNOW OF NOTHING :warning:

Iheart says:

Happy Friday Bishes!! :danban: :shakebutt: :danban1:

mia2bmore says:

If she did hire BJ Bernstein she could’ve hired her as a civil attorney. She acted as a civil attorney in the Eddie Long case. Also, I don’t believe the allegations but then again anything is possible I guess we’ll have to wait and see.

Anyways, Good Morning!!

brownskin A.K.A Creamy says:

:waves:

:warning: FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSE ONLY, I KNOW OF NOTHING :warning:

________________________

GAGIRL87 says:

Iheart :hi: ole girl in that gravie looking like she wanna be :spank:

Iheart says:

@Creamy We know you know all the goings on in the ATL :coffee: you need to gone head and spill the tea :yes:

GAGIRL87 says:

:offtopic: What’s everybody’s plan for St. Patrick Day weekend???? I might go to Savannah GA :think:

Iheart says:

Jenie :happy: < cupid shuffle

Plan to get drunk :cheers: in the crib, these stink bugs in Atlanta is not the business :no: I can only imagine what they are like in Savannah :coffee:

Iheart says:

@Ga, She sure does wanna get :spank: :rofl:

I was gonna go to Savannah too but I couldnt find a room downtown for under $400 per night :crying:

mizzdallas says:

Im going to hang out with the queens tomorrow for st pattys day!!

Iheart says:

@Ga, She sure does wanna get

______________________________________________________

Yeah it’s hard finding a room now we “might” just ride down there and come back the same night “Wet Willies” on Riverstreet have some good azz drinks :coffee:

Iheart says:

@MzD, That sounds like it would lots of fun :yes:

@ Mizzdallas I wanna come :lol:

brownskin A.K.A Creamy says:

:warning: Disclaimer for entertainment purposes only :warning:

there are people still on probation for this not that I know, off sylvan rd near lakewood, its always 2 polices at the gate. not that I have been :coffee:

: FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY :coffee:

GAGIRL87 says:

@ Jenie believe it or not it’s like Mardie Gras in NO but much cleaner and safer just a bunch of drunk wasted white folks getting it in :yes:

:offtopic:
    The person who leaked the casket photo of Whitney Houston has finally been revealed. Raffles van Exel is the one personnel at Whigham Funeral Home are blaming. van Exel isn’t anyone famous or important in the industry, he was just part of various celebrities entourages the UrbanDaily reports.

According to reports on Forbes.com, van Exel was at two private casket viewings at the funeral home. Employees of Whigham Funeral Home noticed van Exel as soon as he walked in because he was the only non-family member allowed in the private viewing. It’s said he also traveled with the family from Los Angeles to New Jersey on a private jet. He was even provided with his own bodyguard.

Iheart says:

Iheart says:

@Ga, She sure does wanna get

______________________________________________________

Fugg riding down there :no: I been looking for a room since the end of freaking Jan :mad: At first I couldnt find one and when people started cancelling the prices were ridiculous :cuss: Wet Willies drinks are the TRUFF :yes: Them call a cabs will have you on ya ass!!

_________________________

But them bugs :karate:

brownskin A.K.A Creamy says:

:warning: Disclaimer for entertainment purposes only :warning:

: FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY :coffee:
    ____________________________

:coffee: crackville you say ?

Iheart says:

:cosign:
    They be krunk and heyul too

brownskin A.K.A Creamy says:

@Jenie :yes:

@creamy do tell don’t stop :yes:

Genia says:

Sandrarose says:
    No one would hire a million dollar defense to go after somebody who is broke.
    ___________________________________________________________________
    RIGHT!!! it’s not even about this girl. Phadra is arming herself up for the FEDS. This chick is simply a soon to be testifying witness.

Sandra, can you post the 2nd part of the Vibe video?

KeepingItClassy84 says:

Happy Friday, Everyone! :waves:

Uh oh! I was hoping this wasn’t true, but I’ll await the outcome. :coffee: <—Stash Premium ginger peach green tea.

@ Jenie :lol:

@ Iheart girl do they :lol: I’m tryna get white girl wasted this weekend myself :coffee:

Everyone has some dirt in their closet, the key is not getting caught on that high horse :coffee: Stay out of the spotlight when you dealing with the FEDS :coffee: this is common sense , which unfortunately not common :no:

Genia says:

_______________________________________________
    GAGirl do you ride?

Iheart says:

@GA, :yes:

Genia says:

Sandra, can you post the 2nd part of the Vibe video?

I can’t find it. Do you have a link to part 2?

Genia says:

Im looking…I can’t find it. I wonder if it’s been halted.