CNN reports that Sanford police chief Bill Lee is stepping down "temporarily" while the federal probe into his police department's corrupt cover up of Trayvon Martin case continues.

"I am aware that my role as a leader of this agency has become a distraction from the investigation," he told reporters. "It is apparent that my involvement in this matter is overshadowing the process. Therefore, I have come to the decision that I must temporarily remove myself from the position."

He added, "I do this in the hopes of restoring some semblance of calm to the city, which has been in turmoil for several weeks."

NAACP President Ben Jealous said Lee's stepping aside is not enough. "Parents don't feel that their children will be safe with Lee heading the police department," he said. "He needs to go right now."

• Vanguard Reese

I hope he loses his job, period.

• MzTisch

:biggrin:

:yes:

:applause:

:applause:

• dckimmie

He should've been fired. :cuss: But I'll take what I can get. Motherfucker :mad:

• miamore1973

Really all he has to do is put a killer behind bars. Sounds simple and fair to me.

• http://Www.yallaintchit.com Man, I just don’t care™

FLUCK DIS PIG MAYNE!
    :mad:

• http://youtu.be/hsYI8CPUQsc YSoSrs

Good but not good enough.

Guess those skittle packs got a lil damn frustrating damn azz! He should've been did dis shat!! :mad:

• Ms.Fashion

@sandrarose

You are right, "temporarily". I think this is a decoy to show folks that justice is being served. I won't be fooled. My eyes are on the prize. That Zimmerman fool is the target!!!! :shotsfired:

Later he will magically have his job back.... :rolleyes:

• I Go There

Damn... Thats good
    Still want dude to go to jail and be charged.

• http://Www.yallaintchit.com Man, I just don’t care™

Chief Bill Lee can suck a dyck.

• Ms.Fashion

Man, I just don't care™ says:

Chief Bill Lee can suck a dyck.

:cosign:

And choke himself to death on it!!!

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBrmhl70e38 Unpredictable

I sooooooooooo :cosign: with @Man. Hey bew :hug: Long time, no speak.

• scorpio

Mailed my skittles directly to him yesterday.

• Ty

Dont run now...Come on Cletus :shotsfired:

• dckimmie

Man, I just don't care™ says:

Chief Bill Lee can suck a dyck.
    _______

What he said :coffee:

• Ty

“I do this in the hopes of restoring some semblance of calm to the city, which has been in turmoil for several weeks.”
    Does he not understand that they are partially to blame :shrug:

• Femme Fatale

1 semi-down...whole lotta other vile muthafuckas to go.

• MsOnederful

Vanguard Reese says:

I hope he loses his job, period.

He and the Mayor WONT be back. They can thank George Zimmerman for hastening their demise. (Career wise)

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IIF9IAQSnU H-Townmama

I have to leave and haven't read the other comments but all I can say is I hope Trayvon's face will :chase: you in your dreams every single night you bastid!

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rgLxBIQbsQ lipstickbandit

Whether he steps down or not people are still on their way down there to protest. Al Sharpton interviewed Sanford's city manager who has the authority to fire the police chief what he was considering doing...he said he didn't know...WHAT? Mind you, the city manager is a BLACK man...sometimes we can be our own worst enemy.

• http://wineandgummybears.blogspot.com/ gypsyeyes

He will step down because he was told that that was the noble thing to do. When they feel like they have satisfied the people they will allow him to go back to his position because they will say that he did the right thing by letting the Feds take over. However, there is going to be too much pressure and too many threats for him so he will back down. There is no way that man will be comfortable in that city!

• West Coast Chick

Ol dum ass idiot!!!!! I would sent that killer UNDER the jail before I'da lost my job.. smh

• I Go There

MsOnederful says:

Vanguard Reese says:

I hope he loses his job, period.

______________________________________

Yep

Still not enough to me... I want them dudes to catch Hell for this BS

• https://twitter.com/Mizz_Dallas mizzdallas

Man phuck him he can go #killhimself

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rgLxBIQbsQ lipstickbandit

gypsyeyes says:

___________________________________________________________

Speak!!! Their doing this to "pacify" people, this is what they ALWAYS do.

• WUT-IZ-SWAGU

Ms.Fashion says:

Man, I just don’t care™ says:

Chief Bill Lee can suck a dyck.

And choke himself to death on it!!!
    ---------------------
    And then hop upon one and do a full split! Bish as puzzay....

• https://twitter.com/Mizz_Dallas mizzdallas

This man will NOT be able to come back to his job, too much pressure is up against him aint no way he will survive working and living in the same city where he is wanted dead or alive.. :nono:

• WUT-IZ-SWAGU

Um where can me and my soon to be 17 year old son send our skittles?

• JD

The DA should be fired/resign as well. The decision to prosecute is also their responsibility and they did nothing.

• West Coast Chick

is the mrderer still living in the same house?

• WUT-IZ-SWAGU

JD says:

------------------
    The bastards got to arrest him first THEN we can start sending some "love" to the DA until he prosecute!

• goat76

Dats yo ass Mr. Postman!!!

• brenden

Smoke and Mirrors. The keyword here is temporarily...This is nothing more than a ploy...Im actually surprised to come here and see you reporting on this Sandra. I was going to post in the comments section for people who live in Losangeles. I knw you report stories like this all the time, but they usually make Black folks look bad in the process. Glad to see you attached to this one,,,Unless of course you've been blaming the victim or blaming Obama or some ish like that...Anyway someone at ktla told me there will indeed be a march today in support of Justice for Trayvon ending at Leimert Park around 5pm. Someone else told me it's from 2-5pm...Doesnt sound well organized, but nonetheless I'll be at Leimert Park today after 5. Hope to see some of my fellow Angelenos there :-)

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rgLxBIQbsQ lipstickbandit

West Coast Chick says:

is the mrderer still living in the same house?

_______________________________________________________

No, I read earlier this week he had to move due to death threats.

• MsOnederful

West Coast Chick says:

is the mrderer still living in the same house?

Nope he got the heck up outta dodge! Someone released ALL his info! Down to his Social! He's definitely in hiding.

• WUT-IZ-SWAGU

West Coast Chick says:

is the mrderer still living in the same house?
    -----------------
    :yes: I think that dude whooped a police azz so swell that THEY afraid of him...

:no: Im done good night yall...

• Ty

JD says:

I agree. They need to start at the top and work there way down

• West Coast Chick

the police chief stepped "aside" not "down" smh

• steph L

He is worse than the vigilante! No regards for a childs life, but yet he's a father. You don't know a person's pain until it comes your way...he better pray, he never faces this moment in his pathetic life. It appears the entire police department did their training at Walmart, no empathy at all!

• JD

How many tax payers dollars are going to the protection effort of George Zimmerman? I am sure his house is under police lock and key or he is staying in a nice ritzy hotel paid for by the Sanford Police...

• West Coast Chick

WUT-IZ-SWAGU says:

West Coast Chick says:

is the mrderer still living in the same house?
    —————–
    I think that dude whooped a police azz so swell that THEY afraid of him…

____________________________

wow- crazy, just insane!

• goat76

I think he is done as the Chief. They have been exposed, no black should feel comfortable with him as the Chief.

• Ty

West Coast Chick says:

is the mrderer still living in the same house
    :nono: He is not crazy. Folks want his head.

• Ty

Bren Bren :hug: How u doing hun?

• Phrozen1der

Oh.....

• Genia

gypsyeyes says:

_________________________________________________________________
    :cosign: He said TEMPORARILY!!! That translates into, Dear public, I am going to take a brief vacation until this dies down or until the danger of potential riots have gone away. I am a father too, and I need to do the fatherly thing and get my children out of here. I am a distractions, becasue my being here will not allow this to go away quick enough. So I am out of here until "THEY" calm down. I don't want no shyt. Thank you. P.S. Please stop sending skittles to my home address.

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEureObx87M JMO

Gypsy :hug: I miss ur font!!

• brownskin A.K.A Creamy

Really :coffee: >>>SMH :no: <<<<<<<this is pathetic forreal I just have no words for this case anymore NONE.

• OutsidetheBox

:applause:

• brenden

Hey droopy booty @TYneeqwa :kiss: Your gay bestie has been on somewhat of a spiritual journey these past few weeks...So many things to tell you about,,,I just don't have the strength right now. This case has my pressure up...Ill holla at you later tho...Girl I got this one story involving a pre op transsexual, a urethra expanison device, and me losing my cherry. Trust me when I say you wanna hear this :-) #Justice4Trayvon

• http://twitter.com/#!/Birdshu Bird

MsOnederful says:

Vanguard Reese says:

I hope he loses his job, period.

*************************

I made a boo boo when I said Mayor. I meant to say chief. I came back to check it because I felt that I said the wrong thing. Damn job has really amped up the responsibilities. I'm truly stomping with the bid dogs so I gotta step my game up. Forcing me to surf the web at home and ish.

• BigCityGirl

The police chief will loose his job... Too much pressure... They're looking for a replacement now. The temporary thing is to keep some $$$ in his pocket trust me he is still on payroll! He had an attitude while speaking...just damn arrogant! EVERYBODY'S job is on the line because now the whole world is watching #justicefortrayvon

• laterthannever