Brandy’s YRB Photo Layout

People are still talking about how R&B singer Brandy out-sang the Diva Monica at their dual concert here in Atlanta last month. Even Monica’s most loyal fans say Brandy slay Mo’ vocally during their sets. They even say Brandy “held back” on their tepid single “It All Belongs To Me.”

Of this buzz surrounding Brandy has launched the promotion for her sixth studio album, Two Eleven into high gear. Brandy recently shot an artistic photo layout for something called YRB magazine.

Inside this issue, she talks about her much-anticipated album and how the late Whitney Houston influenced the album’s title:

BRANDY: “Some of the titles I was working with were Rebirth, Reincarnation, Reinvention, Resurrection… I just felt like Two Eleven describes all of that. It’s the day I was born, and each year, I evolve and change with time. It also has a whole new meaning to it because I gained my angel. My icon is my angel now. It’s all tied in there and I just think it best represents who I am and the responsibilities I have moving on”.

On the different musical styles on the album:
“It’s definitely R&B, but it has the crossover appeal. It’s grittier, it’s edgier, it’s just different type of R&B. It’s not your regular smooth, soft with the beat type music. It’s just taking risks and hearing how I sound over different types of music, and I wanted an album that different people can listen to. Not just R&B, but pop and hip-hop. I wanted everyone to have something that they can listen to on this album”.

FULL INTERVIEW

Source: Toya

60 Responses to “Brandy’s YRB Photo Layout”

EB says:

I :heart: Brandy. It shouldn’t be a surprised that she out sang Monica :coffee:

WUT-IZ-SWAGU says:

:no: Personally I like Monica’s voice over Brandy. Brandy is all in her nose when she sings… But that’s just me..

jazi65 says:

Short do looks good on her.

I NEED THOSE SHOES!

WUT-IZ-SWAGU says:

WAit… :blink: Is that a freakin SPADE on her head? WOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWW(Flavor Flav style)

Sassy! Muthaf**king, Sassy! says:

Man, fukk all this!! :cuss:

SO pissed I ain’t hit. God played an AWFUL tric on me this weekend! Thought I was a multi-millionaire for about 35 secs this weekend before he snatched the happiness from my heart and gave it to this ugly dike bish I went to high school with!

SHHHHIIIITTTTTTTTT!!!!

I’m bitter as FUKK today!

Commander in Queef aka Posche says:

GAGirl, KDub, MizzD, jenie, Creamy, lovezoe, VDot, Sandra, Anna, Makeup Maven, Man, Brenden, NaijaGal, MizzDallas, GAGirl87, Y’all, Yso, wut, sassy, feline, EB

Morning!

Have a great day!

SAUCEY82 says:

Good Moring SR :waves:

I like Brandy’s voice…Monica has a good voice too, but Brandy’s has always had a different sound to it that’s somewhat of an acquired taste…

I hope this album will do good for her, she’s getting decent buzz and she seems like she’s in a better place in her life…

For years she annoyed the crap out of me because she carried around an annoying sense of entitlement that was off-putting, but I think she’s definitely more humbled and real now…

CD FENTY says:

:waves: Goodmorning Errbody

:lol: Dougie u goin in already huh

Commander in Queef aka Posche says:

Hey Fayla, Laker

Morning!

@Sassy

Oh really???????????? You know the chick!? That would piss me off too….ain’t gonna lie! :rofl:

Mamacita says:

Cute! :thumbsup:

To me, Monica is the one that sings through her nose. I like some of Monica’s songs but I couldn’t take a whole CD of her. I can listen to Brandy all day.

WUT-IZ-SWAGU says:

Porshe! Hey Nah! :hug: You have a good day too!

The Makeup Maven says:

Good morning Saucey, Fe, CD, WUT, Posche, Eb, Jazi & SASS! :hug:

Damn Sass, Dike bish though??? :blink:

Commander in Queef aka Posche says:

I like the picture with the spade

covering her face. :coffee:

:waves: @SAUCEY, CD, Wut, EB, Posche, et al…

:hugs: @Tatted and Mamacita

Anna says:

:waves: @ everyone. That first dress is ugly. I do like the short hair.

EB says:

:hi: maven & feline & everyone. Happy Monday

The Makeup Maven says:

Mamcita & Anna :hug:

CD FENTY says:

Tatted & Fe :waves:

:hi: @Anna

:lol: that dress is kinda ugly, I agree…

EB says:

Is that Brandys real hair? I didn’t look at the pics cause I’m a fan of her voice

SAUCEY82 says:

@Tatted, Fe

:hug:

I see today is going to be one of those days… :nono:

WUT-IZ-SWAGU says:

Meow! MEEEEYAAAAAWWWWWW! Feline :grill:

jazi65 says:

Mornin Maven :hi: Morning all!

@SAUCEY

:shocked: is that a pic of Claire Huxtable showing a nip???????????????? *dies*

Sassy! Muthaf**king, Sassy! says:

Man fukk this!!

I was already to call my boss this morning and say: “FUKK YALL! I quit this bisshhhh!!!”

Then just like that *snap*, it was snatched from me….VIOLENTLY!

Ya’ll shoulda seen me almost crash my car this weekend!

Driving and hearing the winner is in MD. (I’m like: “Could be me!”)
    Then they said in Baltimore County (and I’m like: “That’s me!!”)
    Then they said in the Milford area (and I’m like: “AAAAHHHH!!! I bought my ticket from Milford!! I’M RICH BISSSHHH!!!!)

I pulled over on the side of the fukkin highway to use my phone to check the winning numbers. I’m reading and I got the 1st number, and the second…and the third….

Then failed on the last three.

I really truly truly cried.

Then I spent the rest of the time praying it wasn’t somebody I knew (cause I know almost everybody around Milford. And so does Mister (grew up there), and my mom lives there so I’m hoping maybe its Mister or his fam or my mom….

Get home, tell Mister- he meets me at the door and goes, “we know the bish who won. Look…..”

And hello facebook…..

I’m sooooooo distraught!

*bangs head on table and cries real hard*

GAGIRL87 says:

I’m soooooooooo glad Brandy is looking like her old self again BUT I can’t listen to a whole Brandy album period her voice annoys me after a while NOW Monica that’s my b*itch bought ere album and will continue to support her and ain’t no way in hell Brandy outsong Monica :rolleyes: ….

:whistle: Like This & Like

So if you like to
    Then this is your chance to I’m moving on without you
    Gotta find another lady
    You say you want me
    Then you better show me
    Come ‘on and get to know me
    And then you will find that I want you
    And I feel the same
    We ought to be sure I know by now
    But if we can prove are love

Like this and like that I gonna move along
    Like this and like that (yeah)
    Like this and like that (like this and like that)
    Like this and like that (ooh)
    Like this and like that I’m gonna move along

SAUCEY82 says:

@FE
    YES MA’AM JUST BEAUTIFUL IS EVERY WAY :love:

Sassy! Muthaf**king, Sassy! says:

@Tatted

I’m sorry- but she’s a dike bish today. (No offense- you know I loves you!) And I’m happy she got all that money, maybe now she can fix her ugly fukking face cause she got a face like a warthog.

Ugly, trick azz, low-life, retail working hoe. Got all that damned money and ain’t going do sh*t but trick it off like a true nigga.

WUT-IZ-SWAGU says:

The Makeup Maven says:

Good morning Saucey, Fe, CD, WUT, Posche, Eb, Jazi & SASS!

Damn Sass, Dike bish though???

———————-
    UUUH Sassafrassss… let me see you in my special :kona: for a minute…. WE Don’t.. :spank: Say…. :spank: …….. D-i-k-e.. :spank:

Now let me :kiss: and make it better…

WUT-IZ-SWAGU says:

GAGIRL87 says:

————————
    THANK YOU!!! :cosign:

Anna says:

Sassy! Muthaf**king, Sassy! says:

Man fukk this!!

Then just like that *snap*, it was snatched from me….VIOLENTLY!

Ya’ll shoulda seen me almost crash my car this weekend!

Driving and hearing the winner is in MD. (I’m like: “Could be me!”)
    Then they said in Baltimore County (and I’m like: “That’s me!!”)

Then failed on the last three.

I really truly truly cried.

And hello facebook…..

I’m sooooooo distraught!

*bangs head on table and cries real hard*

~~~~~
    Sorry for your loss. And the moral of the story is “Be nice to everyone, you never know who will bless you”.

Sassy! Muthaf**king, Sassy! says:

@Anna

Man….fukk her. That bish wasn’t nice to me, not the other way around! I shoulda won that money so I could flaunt it at her!

This is some bullshhhiiidddddd!!

SAUCEY82 says:

@WUT
    GOOD MORNING :hug:

WUT-IZ-SWAGU says:

HEY Maven!!! :kiss:

At least we got our Oprah money to fall back on…. :coffee: well at least we got what’s left of what Oprah gave you. Cuz Bish, I went crazay and blew all of mine on hotmalestrippersex…

WUT-IZ-SWAGU says:

Hey Saucey! :hug:

CD FENTY says:

@Saucey

That gravi is blasphemous :no: U leave Mrs. Huxtable alone :nono:

Sassy! Muthaf**king, Sassy! says:

Anyway, I need to go look at new houses or something.

I ain’t living around there no more now that this bish won. Ain’t finna stay around there so she can come back through there in an Aston Martin or something and make my azz suicidal.

Whore!

I lowkey kinda hope she loses her ticket before she has a chance to claim it this morning. Or somebody slaps her and she drops the ticket and they grab it and run.

Bish.

iscream says:

Good Morning

I’m more interested in knowing why Keyshia Cole deleted her twitter account.

Congrats to B rocker for the positive promotion though.

SAUCEY82 says:

@CD
    SHE IS A BAD BITCH, SHE IS MY SHE-RO… ALL :love:

Vanguard Reese says:

So is Monica no longer a friend of the blog?

I think everybody thought they were going to wake up a millionaire on Saturday morning. I had a couple of numbers, but eff it I’ll make my millions the old fashion way (drug trafficking).

69 says:

Back in the mid 90s I might give a nod to Brandy because her voice is more soulful. That was then and this is now and Brandy couldn’t touch Monica with a 50 ft pole. :lol:

Anna says:

35 Sassy! Muthaf**king, Sassy! says:

@Anna

This is some bullshhhiiidddddd!!

~~~~~~
    You are going to give yourself a heart attack.

£ the commenter formally known as Hershey says:

TeamBrandy all day er’day, Brandy’s voice is stronger and more soulful than Mo’s

OAN, I’m a whopping $0.78 richer this morning, from the office lottery pool of ten people at $10 each… so I feel Dougie’s pain, I really do, a bytch sitting here feeling all kinds of :sick: so I can go home and stare at the walls and eaze my pain with a bottle of Moscato or two

69 says:

Vanguard

:warning:

Monica Rocko is a FOTB. Don’t let this post fool you. Don’t talk reckless or you’ll end up :banned:

free says:

that song “it all belongs to me” is garbage….

free says:

sassy, you really know who won????? damn! knowing the person really IS WORSE than losing!

Vanguard Reese says:

@69, I like Monica so she gets no hate from me.. I was just asking I know Sandra and Monica had some words a few months back I didn’t know if they’d resolved their issues or not.

£ the commenter formally known as Hershey says:

free says:

that song “it all belongs to me” is garbage….

________________________________

:cosign: remake of irreplaceable by Beyonce…I’m already over it

Vanguard Reese says:

I know this lady that hit it for 74 mil a few years back. She gave me some money towards my college education and gave full rides to a few more people so I don’t have any thing ill to say about her. Sadly, her family has blown she all the money now.

cutiepie32 says:

Brandy out sung Monica lol dead it must be still be April Fools

Phrozen1der says:

She looks nice…. :thumbsup:

LOL I refuse to believe in this life time that Brandy and her mono deaf tone could ever out sang Monica..Sandy are you and Mo beefing again?

J Said it! says:

I LOVeeeeeeee Brandy!

Ty says:

Now I love Mo but I am also a Brandy fan. Their singing style has always been different so why are folks still comparing the two? So what if Brandy outshined Mo this time :coffee: I am just happy to get music from both of them because RnB lost it touch years ago. Im so sick of watered down RnB

Traigo Fuego says:

I respect Monica… But I always thought Brandy was a better songstress… Just because you can sing loud, hard, and rift every note doesn’t make you the best singer.

scorpio says:

The short hair looks really nice on her. It’s funny how the wigs and weaves can never replace natural hair, as far as growing out of your own head. I think wigs and weaves are okay, but even Viola Davis looked more alive, and real with her natural hair, Tyra the same thing a few years back when she stopped wearing the wigs and weaves for a little while.

trenee says: