The subpar ratings for the Residences of Morgan Falls apartments in the Sandy Springs suburb of Atlanta tells the story of residents living in fear for their lives.

It's not just the open air drug dealing, or the crumbling structures that cause 2nd floor railings to give way at the slightest touch -- it's the two shootings that occurred there within a week of each other.

Just two days after turning 40, attorney Adina Parson was shot eight times -- 3 times in the head -- and left for dead in the breezeway of her apartment building.

On Monday she was in critical but stable condition in Grady Memorial hospital's ICU unit, a close friend told the AJC.

So far, Sandy Springs police have no leads.

“Adina is very loving person so we’re all baffled," Lisa Baker, Parson's friend, said by telephone from Grady. "It just doesn’t fit. We’re just dumbfounded."

Parson was on her way to pick her husband up from work when she was shot around 11:45 p.m. Friday, according to the AJC. The shooter, laying in wait, emptied a gun clip into her -- a sign that the shooting may not have been random.

Police interviewed Parson's husband, but he is not a suspect, according to the AJC. It isn't known if Parson's work as a lawyer was related to the shooting.

Parson was heavily involved with her church, Elizabeth Baptist Church in Atlanta.

"I'm still trying to get my mind around who would do this to Adina," Annette Black, a church volunteer, said Monday afternoon.

A week ago Friday, Parson's neighbors were shaken by another shooting at the complex. One resident described that shooting as "a drug deal gone bad."

"I heard [the gunshots] and immediately called 911, but was put on hold," wrote one resident at Apartmentratings.com.

Sandy Springs police say the two shootings aren't related. But some residents are packing anyway. They have had enough.

• brownskin A.K.A Creamy

I was trying to catch ths story this morning , thanks Sandy mae :hug: and morning

• GAGIRL87

Oh My Gosh I pray she pulls through, and NO this was NOT random she was the intended target. I'm sure it had something to do with her job and a case she was working or had previously worked....

• http://Www.yallaintchit.com Man, I just don’t care™

sad

• jazi65

:pray: that she pulls through.

• Gigi26

Jeez that's beyond horrible :no: I pray she makes it through. Pack yo shyt up and LEAVE cuz clearly a life is not worth anything if they empty a clip in you. Damn some of our youth are just cold and heartless.

• Hershey

I :pray: they catch the shooter or shooters. Life just isn't valued anymore.

• I Run New York

Probably a black person that did it. Black on black crime is out of control smh.

• mia2bmore

This is horrible and based on the circumstances it definitely doesn't sound random. I :pray: she's able to recover and the police make an arrest.

• Flawless

Omg so sad & Good Mornin

• lovezoe

:pray:

• luVn_liFe…

Tragic"it just baffles me how cold hearted Human beings are these days
    My Prayers go up to her.
    :pray:

• GAGIRL87

I'm not being mean and I do hope everything works out but on a lawyers salary why would she be staying in a subpar apartment with a high crime rate???

• http://sandrarose.com Sandra Rose

I Run New York says:

Sandy Springs is predominantly white and upscale.

• brownskin A.K.A Creamy

GAGIRL87 says:

I’m not being mean and I do hope everything works out but on a lawyers salary why would she be staying in a subpar apartment with a high crime rate???

_____________________________________

I did'nt know that was a high crime area, its closer to roswell :blink:

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAyTMwQ32UA&feature=relmfu Down_Bottom

This is such a horrific tragedy! I pray for all those affected by this! So sad!

• http://sandrarose.com Sandra Rose

I think someone who knew her had something to do with it. Someone had prior knowledge that she would be leaving her apartment at that time of night.

• NaijaGal

@I Run was that ish really necessary

Anyway, may God pull her through this and may her attacker be caught and brought to justice...this is just sad

• http://sandrarose.com Sandra Rose

You're welcome brownskin A.K.A Creamy.

• NaijaGal

@GaGirl the majority of lawyers don't even make 6 figures...some lawyers are banking $45K if that

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jsZhYyyPuI FeFe Feminine

GAGIRL87 says:

I was thinking this too...there's definitely MORE to this story...I pray that she pulls through...

Morning everyone :coffee:

• GAGIRL87

brownskin A.K.A Creamy says:

GAGIRL87 says:

_____________________________________

I did’nt know that was a high crime area, its closer to roswell
    ___________________________________________________________________

My brother stayed in Sandy Springs for a little while and his apt complex was HOOD :shrugs:

• mia2bmore

----------------------

:cosign: The shooter wouldn't just sit there all night! They need to check her inner circle and take another look at the husband. He would be stupid to have someone shoot her when she was on her way to pick him up but then again everybody not meant to be criminals.

• http://pearlswindow.com Carrington

I'm confused as hell... not that this should happen to anybody, so don't misunderstand my question - if this place was like THAT... why was an attorney living there?

• http://sandrarose.com Sandra Rose

It must be the Wild Wild West in Sandy Springs. I'm mad at the 911 dispatcher for putting that lady on hold.

• NaijaGal

mia2bmore says:
    ***************************************************************
    actually this would be smart as it gives him an alibi

• GAGIRL87

NaijaGal says:

@GaGirl the majority of lawyers don’t even make 6 figures…some lawyers are banking $45K if that
    ________________________________________________________________

I didn't know that, that's not good :no:

• http://sandrarose.com Sandra Rose

GAGIRL87 says:

The ratings are subpar, but the apartments are described as "luxury" and "upscale." :coffee:

• 69

Every once in a while something like this will pop off in either Dunwoody or Sandy Springs. It almost never happens in Roswell, Alpharetta, Johns Creek, or Milton though. It's still sad though. :no:

• GAGIRL87

Carrington says:

I’m confused as hell… not that this should happen to anybody, so don’t misunderstand my question – if this place was like THAT… why was an attorney living there?

___________________________________________________________

I said the same thing :kona:

• I Run New York

Not all attorneys make a lot of money Carrington. Some make as little as 45k. Also, most have a massive amount of student loan debit.

Auntie you don't have to be in a bad neighborhood to be a victim of black on black crime.

• 3halos

For the most part, metro ATLANTA is hood....coming from a person who grew up in GA and went to GA tech..unless you are talking about elite pocket areas here and there, it's so sad... I had so much hope for that city but I left in 97 and every time I come back to visit family, I'm baffled more each time.... oh and the 'white' or 'black' areas in ATLANTA do not dictate how safe the area may be, just a fyi.

• http://sandrarose.com Sandra Rose

mia2bmore says:

Maybe he thought that would establish an alibi for him?

• lovezoe

Check th husband again. This sounds like a crime of passion.

• GAGIRL87

GAGIRL87 says:

The ratings are subpar, but the apartments are described as “luxury” and “upscale.”

____________________________________________________________________

Everybody knows apt complexs lie, my friend was apt searching a few weeks ago you would be surprised how they lie, Saying chit like fitness center when it's just a room with a treadmill. Volleyball court with NO net, Nature trail that's been unkept for years etc :coffee:

• mia2bmore

NaijaGal says:

actually this would be smart as it gives him an alibi

---------------------------------

Not really because who else knew she was leaving the apartment at that hour. Now if this is a normal thing and she always leaves at that time then yes this would be smart of him and it would give him an alibi but if this isn't normal then it makes him suspicious.

• brownskin A.K.A Creamy

69 says:

Every once in a while something like this will pop off in either Dunwoody or Sandy Springs. It almost never happens in Roswell, Alpharetta, Johns Creek, or Milton though. It’s still sad
    _________________________________________________________________

it happens it's just suppressed, cause of the money in that area I lived off old milton Pkwy, johns creek, and things did happen but it was white crime

• GAGIRL87

@ Fefe :hi:

• GAGIRL87

@ 69 yes Alpharetta is a nice area :yes:

Does Locust Grove count????

• 69

3halos says:

__________________________________________________________________________
    :stop: Clearly, you don't know what you're talking about. Most of suburban Atlanta hood? Get somewhere with that mess. The Westside suburbs are straight country, the Southside suburbs minus Clayton County are either middle class or straight country. The Northside suburbs, especially GA-400 corridor is just stupid wealthy. That whole "hood" chit is played out. Either you're not from here or just visited or you've never been around suburban Atlanta. Most of the "Hoods" are ITP save Clayton, and part of DeKalb. Please don't start that today.

• http://sandrarose.com Sandra Rose

Carrington says:

– if this place was like THAT… why was an attorney living there?

The apartment itself is in a nice area. Celebrities live in Sandy Springs. Drug dealers come up and rent out these upscale apartments in Atlanta's suburbs. But they're so dumb that they conduct business directly out of their apartments, which attracts seedy clientele from undesirable neighborhoods. :no:

• http://sandrarose.com Sandra Rose

@ 69: A man was shot in Johns Creek last week. I was shocked. :no:

• brownskin A.K.A Creamy

The apartment itself is in a nice area. Celebrities live in Sandy Springs. Drug dealers come up and rent out these upscale apartments in Atlanta’s suburbs. But they’re so dumb that they conduct business directly out of their apartments, which attracts seedy clientele from undesirable neighborhoods.
    ____________________________________________________________________

yep just stupid :lol:

• 69

@ 69: A man was shot in Johns Creek last week. I was shocked.
    :no:
    ______________________________
    :blink: I need to find this story and read it. Was it in the AJC?

• brownskin A.K.A Creamy

@Sandra POST 41" yep it's crime anywhere you go, evenin gated communitys i live in a gated townhome and crime still exsist. nobody is safe on Earth

• http://wineandgummybears.blogspot.com/ gypsyeyes

Please don't get Roswell twisted, this is not the first incident like this to happen in the last week with both shootings. This stuff happens often. I don't know the circumstances and I'm not going to judge but I have a friend that is an attorney and she doesn't make much money but she can afford to live in a better neighborhood than what was described. People live like that in Atlanta so that they can afford other things like cars, clothes and jewelry. She has a husband and I'm hoping that he works, so riddle me this; if they are a two income family why are they living like that? There is something else behind this story.

• http://twitter.com/#!/Birdshu Bird

Why in the heck is a lawyer living in the hood? God bless her.

• 3halos

69 don't come at me with stupid ish, save that for a b1tch who cares. Did I say suburbs of Atlanta?!?! Reading is fundamental. Pick up a book already and step off.

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNDi1mpG5ps&feature=youtube_gdata_player Ace

"911, Please Hold" (music)

• 69

GAGIRL87 says:

@ 69 yes Alpharetta is a nice area :yes:
    Does Locust Grove count????
    _________________________________________
    Locust Grove is in Henry County, I think. It's off 75 as you're headed to Atlanta from your city MacTown. :lol:

Most of Henry County is nice too, though :yes:

• http://wineandgummybears.blogspot.com/ gypsyeyes

I lived in Atlanta on Campbellton Rd going toward Thornton Hwy and I loved it. No riff raff! There are places in Atlanta and you have to have lived, lived there to know. I'm not talking went to college for 4 years and maybe stuck around for a couple years to know what is 'hood' and not. Sandra is so right about these drug dealers being from the streets and moving the Roswell,Dunwoody,Marrietta. You better believe that if you are dealing someone knows where you live. They drive the same cars and go to the hood and then go to their home that the car is registered in.

• 69

3halos says:

69 don’t come at me with stupid ish, save that for a b1tch who cares. Did I say suburbs of Atlanta?!?! Reading is fundamental. Pick up a book already and step off.
    ______________________________
    Oh, I'm sorry, you said METRO, my bad. It's different word, same meaning. Expanding your vocabulary is fundamental too. Now find a dictionary and have a nice day. :hi:

Your cup of coffee, on me, to go with that dictionary reading session
    ---> :coffee:

• http://twitter.com/#!/Birdshu Bird

I Run New York says:

***********************

I just remembered a buddy of mine who was making 40k out of law school. Maybe she was new to the law profession. It sounds like hubby doesn't have his own car since she had to go get him from work. Actually this whole thing sounds strange.

• http://sandrarose.com Sandra Rose

Adina's husband was diagnosed with cancer last year LINK

• free

69 says: Clearly, you don’t know what you’re talking about. Most of suburban Atlanta hood? Get somewhere with that mess. The Westside suburbs are straight country, the Southside suburbs minus Clayton County are either middle class or straight country. The Northside suburbs, especially GA-400 corridor is just stupid wealthy. That whole “hood” chit is played out. Either you’re not from here or just visited or you’ve never been around suburban Atlanta. Most of the “Hoods” are ITP save Clayton, and part of DeKalb. Please don’t start that today.

************************

are metro and suburban the same thing?

• free

Sandra Rose says: It must be the Wild Wild West in Sandy Springs. I’m mad at the 911 dispatcher for putting that lady on hold.

*************************

is sandy springs one of these ones that has their own services now? you know they want to be INDEPENDENT but can't handle it.

• CC

Thank GOD a million times I didn't move there. Went to look at this apts in the summertime! I hope and pray that she pulls through this!!!

Morning everyone!

• MzTisch

Adina’s husband was diagnosed with cancer last year LINK

^^^^^^^^^^^
    Maybe they had to live there because of his medical bills..........

I've known the treatment of cancer of other illnessess to wipe out a family........... :think:

Oh, and Guuuuud Mawning!
    :D

• luVn_liFe…

@ Sandrarose OMG!! my heart goes out to the family,the husband was diagnosed with cancer now his wife who im sure is his rock is in the ICU fighting for her life.
    this is truly sad and makes me all kinds of sad.
    My God KEEP his Hands on this Family

• http://www.glamshoponline.com/ BLACKBARBIE404

SUCH A SAD STORY.

• free

gypsyeyes says: I lived in Atlanta on Campbellton Rd going toward Thornton Hwy and I loved it. No riff raff! There are places in Atlanta and you have to have lived, lived there to know.

***************************

as 3halos said, there are pockets everywhere that are just idyllic. the swats area is a great example of this.

• 69

free says:

*************************
    is sandy springs one of these ones that has their own services now? you know they want to be INDEPENDENT but can’t handle it.
    ________________________
    :yes: Sandy Springs just wanted to break way from being a CDP and under the control of Fulton County, so they incorporated. Dunwoody did the same thing. Now Brookhaven wants to do the same thing. Not too long ago, the politicians in Buckhead were talking about it possibly succeeding from Atlanta and becoming a city. Now the rest of North Fulton wants to break from Fulton County and reform Milton County, which if they did would be by far the wealthiest county in America. Each one of those cities up there has a median household income above $100k. They do this chit because they don't want to pay high taxes up north and have them utilized mostly down in South Fulton. People are stingy as hell. :no:

• Ms. YaYa

Mz.Tisch..that is so true; My cousin just died of cancer two weeks ago and the medical bills are outrageous even with his insurance. Chemo, radiation , visits to see the specialist, etc. I pray she pulls thru and I hope her husband is not involved in this

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaAd8OuwwPk bnatural

:sad: :pray:

• GAGIRL87

69 says:

GAGIRL87 says:

@ 69 yes Alpharetta is a nice area
    Does Locust Grove count????
    _________________________________________
    Locust Grove is in Henry County, I think. It’s off 75 as you’re headed to Atlanta from your city MacTown.

Most of Henry County is nice too, though
    __________________________________________________________

:love: :lol:

Mac-Town

• free

that's what i figured. i heard johns creek was losing money because they did not realize how much municipal services cost. sandy springs probably has one dispatcher.

i really think fulton county is a weird one to pass judgement on because the people of north fulton are soooooooooo far away from the people of south fulton. they NEVER come into contact with one another and have no bond whatsoever. it's like taking my money and sending it somewhere in alabama. it's just the way the county is shaped.

• 69

gypsyeyes says:

Please don’t get Roswell twisted, this is not the first incident like this to happen in the last week with both shootings. This stuff happens often. I don’t know the circumstances and I’m not going to judge but I have a friend that is an attorney and she doesn’t make much money but she can afford to live in a better neighborhood than what was described. People live like that in Atlanta so that they can afford other things like cars, clothes and jewelry. She has a husband and I’m hoping that he works, so riddle me this; if they are a two income family why are they living like that? There is something else behind this story.
    ___________________________________________
    :thinking: Didn't some Indian family get robbed in Roswell maybe a few years back? Crime can happen anywhere, I'm not doubting that but what I am saying is that when you live in a neighborhood like The Manor Golf and Country Club, please believe that if you get robbed, it's not a random act. Who ever did it knows you. :yes: :lol:

• http://wineandgummybears.blogspot.com/ gypsyeyes

Yes that is where that Indian family was killed, I still don't understand that. Whether it was random or she was targeted, it's really sad.
    Where was Fred Tokars living when he had his wife killed by those black Deputies? That was the craziest. You never know why someone does things. There is no way someone is going to come to me and talk me into killing NOBODY! When it all started unfolding that one guy went up in that courtroom and sang like a bird. Told it all!

• !*LaKErCHiC@*!

this is sad human life has no worth now a days :no:

• free

3halos says: For the most part, metro ATLANTA is hood….coming from a person who grew up in GA and went to GA tech..unless you are talking about elite pocket areas here and there, it’s so sad… I had so much hope for that city but I left in 97 and every time I come back to visit family, I’m baffled more each time…. oh and the ‘white’ or ‘black’ areas in ATLANTA do not dictate how safe the area may be, just a fyi.

************************************

you left a lil early so i can see your perspective. atlanta has undergone all kinds of changes since then. for the most part, you have your urbanites who are staying close to the core of the city (no matter what, like gays and professors) and then your surburbanites who are right after them in the 285 ring (blacks and whites pissed that their little self-made havens didn't work out like they thought they would) and then your "getting the f*ck out of dodge" folks who are up GA400 or way out west, east, and south. i have friends who commute damn near 100 miles in town for work.

• free

gypsyeyes says: Where was Fred Tokars living when he had his wife killed by those black Deputies?

***************************

damn, you went way back with that one!

• !*LaKErCHiC@*!

“I heard [the gunshots] and immediately called 911, but was put on hold,”
    ^^ :wtf: WERE THEY DO THAT?? HOLD FOR WHAT BISH?? :no:

• Phrozen1der

@GAGirl I have a few lawyer friends it depends on what they are practicing usually...My two friends who are recent lawyers neither want to practice so yup they'll be right around average earnings... :yes:

• Phrozen1der

No place you live is 100% fail proof...true criminals target the wealthier neighborhoods because they stand to gain more.The only thing that will keep you covered is the blood..#GetIntoIt :yes:

• NaijaGal

@Phro *waves church fan* *does the holy dance* let the chuccch say AMEN

• Phrozen1der

@Naija :yahoo: #Amen!

• yallcrazy

:pray: that she fully recovers.

I didn't read the post, but I think they should check who the husband was involved with. #nooffense

• boistop

No place you live is 100% fail proof…true criminals target the wealthier neighborhoods because they stand to gain more.The only thing that will keep you covered is the blood..#GetIntoIt
    --------------------
    Wellllllllllllllllllllllllllll

• boistop

Good am
    Sistrens brethrens

• Sassy! Muthaf**king, Sassy!

:pray: for her recovery. Doesn't sound like a random crime. Reasons why I didn't pursue my "lawyer" path...although I probably would have made a DAMNED good one.

• yallcrazy

Ok, so I read alittle. I :pray: that her husband recovers from cancer.

Now that I see she's a lawyer, maybe this is related to a court case :shrug:

God bless & protect them... :coffee:

• yallcrazy

Sassy, it's never too late.

I know a former nurse who got tired of her hubby (they had 3 kids), well she was 37yrs old when she took the Bar exam.
    She is now a Divorce Atty, and she practices w/child support cases too.

SHE IS A BEAST IN THE COURTROOM, you hear me! Ruthless!

PAID!!!