Bank sues Mary J Blige for $250,000, She blames her people

Add Mary J Blige’s name to the long list of celebrities who blame their management for mismanaging their money. The aging R&B star is being sued by TD bank for a $250,000 loan that Mary and her foundation has neglected to pay back.

Blige’s Foundation for the Advancement of Women Now (FFAWN) took out the loan back in June 2011. So far the foundation has paid back a mere $368.33, less than seven percent of the total loan.

The bank filed the suit this month to recoup the $250,000, plus late fees and costs.

It sounds like Mary used the foundation to take out a personal loan to pay her rumored mounting debts, and now she can’t afford to pay the loan back. She needs a hit record.

Typically, Blige blames her management for not paying back the loan on time.

“As Founder and CEO of FFAWN, I am ultimately responsible for anything that goes wrong,” Blige correctly told TMZ. “The problem is that I didn’t have the right people in the right places doing the right things. This should have never been allowed to happen, but it did and now we are fixing it.”

• Mary J Blige Blasts Burger King for Racist Ad
  • This is how far Mary J. Blige has fallen
  • Celebs Out & About: Mary J Bige, Monica, Jeezy, Devyne Stephens
  • Beyonce, fresh faced without makeup?

48 Responses to “Bank sues Mary J Blige for $250,000, She blames her people”

!*LaKErCHiC@*! says:

:smack: MO MONEY MO PROBLOEMO.. :kona:

I guess thats why she’s Sanging..Whats in those chiken wraps. #needthatBKmoney

:rofl: It seems that Mary should have realized she didn’t have the right people in place when the bank kept sending collection letters.
      Dayuuum Sandra dont be so mean :D

Usual Suspect says:

What happend to the Buger Kang money?

Crispppy chicken, fresh lettttuce, three cheessssses, ranch dressing

gbellab says:

Funny how all these celebs get super paid.. then almost all the time create a “foundation” under their own name to try and evade uncle sam. And when sh*t goes awry they wanna blame their cousins friends boyfriends brother for running the shady operation.

GAGIRL87 says:

You will not talk about May-Ree Sandra, okay? :mad:

Long Time Lurker says:

Still love you Mary.

Yeah my heart aint going out to her! Dumb answer…

!*LaKErCHiC@*! says:

WERE DA FAWK ERRBODY AT THO? :waiting:

gypsyeyes says:

What’s in my bank account?

:whistle: Crispy debt letter, three repos,fresh garnishments wrapped up in a fresh lawsuit!

NaijaGal says:

I’m not saying this couldn’t happen to the most educated of people, but this right here is why education is important…you’ve got to be able to double check your checkers

GAGIRL87 says:

And Sandra you coulda used a betta pic of my girl too :rolleyes: Just do to daymn much :coffee:

EB says:

2012 has not been a good year for Mary. She popped off when she wasn’t nominated for an Oscar, she hosted the view & didn’t say anything, she butchered the star spangled banner, they didn’t want her to sing at the Kentucky Derby, the burger king commercial and now this?

At least she’s still attending Howard University :coffee:

GAGIRL87 says:

gypsyeyes says:

What’s in my bank account?

_________________________________________________________________________

NaijaGal says:

@gypsy you ain’t chit ma’am…not ta-day, not ever :rofl: :rofl: :hahaha:

@ Gyp…She needs to close that damed account. :rofl:

I think it’s time for Mary to sit down somewhere, hang ya shoes up :coffee: Her career has run it’s course, that’s why it’s best to have a back up career, produce music or some ish, or write.

so i don’t have nowhere near mega money like MJB, but do bills still come to MJB or are they forwarded to an accountant. That’s rich ppl chit :lol: :shrug:

in other news i need Mr Fayfay to stop smacking my ass like it’s a brand new ass. it’s the same ass u been smacking 13 years now sir! :mad: :rollseyes:

apparently it was lawsuit papers that’s actually in the new chicken wraps :buttshake:

NaijaGal says:

Not Gone Foreclose(cry)
      And her breakout hit

I’M GOING DOWN!

KDub says:

She needs a hit record.
      —————————————–
      She needed the Kang’s money.

Ididntreallymeanit says:

I remember when she talked about her foundation on Oprah,looks like she’s starting to straighten things out.

DownBottom says:

Hmmm…I see @LTL aka HOG getting his post counts up… On topic: Gee, this doesn’t seem like its Mary year!!! Poor thing!

:whistle: I’ve been there and I’ve done that and I promise never to get hurt again, never again
      You drive me crazy but I promise myself never to get hurt again, never again

Gigi26 says:

____________________________

:rofl: You ain’t shyt :rofl:

KDub says:

What is KenDon’t (Kendu) doing so important HE couldn’t oversee the loan getting paid back?

Oh wait that’s right…he was busy spending money. MY BAD.

DownBottom says:

:rofl: :hahaha:

KDub says:

It sounds like Mary used the foundation to take out a personal loan
      ———————————-
      And she couldn’t loan herself no money to get a new hair color? I am so sicka Honey Blonde IDK what to DEW.

gypsyeyes says:

Oh I aint shiat huh?

Tertra114 says:

gypsyeyes says: Mary’s Greatest Hits

What’s the 401K(411)
      No More Change(drama)
      Mr. Monopoly(wrong)
      Not Gone Foreclose(cry)
      And her breakout hit

I’M GOING DOWN!
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ OH GWARL!!!!! :rofl: …… :ghost: …… :dead:

gypsyeyes says:

What’s in my bank account?

:hahaha: :dead:

KDub says:

Blige’s Foundation for the Advancement of Women Now (FFAWN)
      ————————————-
      THIS is how I KNOW somebody did not learn to read until their 20’s.

National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP)…is there a LETTER for the “for”???? NO there ill NOT.

Why…in the fugg…is there one for HER foundation? Sounding like you stuttering when you say it…Fah-FAWN. CHILE BYE. Go getchu a wig in numma 2 and holla the hail BACK.

KDub says:

Oh I aint shiat huh?

——————————–
      I think you are :hug: Its da truff what you say…

I aint spoke to folks today neevah. Fo’give meh…

Hey folks! :wave:

Glad @Cali ‘nem ate good on Friday too. I seentcho email. Just got time to come out to play a lil bit today….

brownskin A.K.A Creamy says:

Mary owes them nothing if she pay she is stupid, :rolleyes:

MsOnederful says:

gypsyeyes says:

What’s in my bank account?

Thanks Gypsy I spit out some roy rogers chicken after singing this Tune you penned! :rofl: :whistle:

Manuel Mexico says:

Guess that BK commercial didn’t bring in no cheddar. I thought the chicken wrap song was gonna hit platinum! :rofl:

gypsyeyes says:

She didn’t get paid for the BK commercial cause she had it pulled. Wrong move!!!

hell_on_heels says:

QUIT shopping in Milan and pay your bills Mrs. MJB!!!

SunnyK says:

KDub says:

Blige’s Foundation for the Advancement of Women Now (FFAWN)
      ————————————-
      THIS is how I KNOW somebody did not learn to read until their 20?s.

————————————

:ghost:

hell_on_heels says:

THIS is how I KNOW somebody did not learn to read until their 20?s.

————————————

ROTFLMAO @ KDub says: Loves IT!!!

Phrozen1der says:

MJB is PAID ya’ll trippin.. :no:

scorpio says:

Didn’t Mary pay several million in cash for a house in New Jersey a few years back? It’s impossible that she doesn’t have money.

StillB3lieve says:

EB says:

At least she’s still attending Howard University :coffee:

wow
      :blink:

StillB3lieve says:

Phrozen1der says:

MJB is PAID ya’ll trippin.. :no:

All the money she’s made, I’m hoping she didn’t run through it like that. What do celebrities do with their money?