President Barack Obama is typical of most narcissists who say what they think their audience wants to hear. If there is any backlash, they usually resort to a well-rehearsed list of excuses or defenses.

This is what happened when Obama decided to buck 6,000 years of tradition and reinterpreted the Bible to serve his own political purposes.

When Obama voiced his personal opinion on same-sex marriages, he didn’t consider the 95% of black voters who contributed to his historic election in 2008 — more than half of whom are opposed to same-sex marriage.

In each of the 30 states where gay marriage is banned, black voters were contributing factors.

Black voters make up between 15% and 30% of the voting pool in key states. But Obama didn’t care about the black vote in 2008, so he certainly isn’t concerned with the black vote now.

What does concern the president and his advisers are the evangelical churches whose denominations are mostly conservative. That is why, in the hours after his historic announcement on May 9, one of the first people Obama reached out to was the Rev. Joel C. Hunter, the pastor of a large conservative megachurch in Florida (pictured above).

Mr. Obama and his staff quietly went into damage control by reaching out to 8 ministers of large congregations in a conference call last week.

“Some of the faith communities are going to be afraid that this is an attack against religious liberty,” Mr. Hunter remembered telling the president, according to the NY Times.

“Absolutely not,” Mr. Obama insisted. “That’s not where we’re going, and that’s not what I want.”

Mr. Hunter, who considers Obama a close friend, said “I’m not at all surprised he didn’t call me before because I would have tried to talk him out of it.”

Mr. Hunter added: “One of the reasons he called was to make sure our relationship would be fine, and of course it would be.”

But the president didn’t score any points with a few of the ministers on the conference call, who told him they didn’t agree with his interpretation of the scriptures which defines marriage as a union between a man and a woman.

Pastor Jack Graham said, “At the source of the same sex marriage issue is the spiritual emptiness of a nation which has forgotten God and denied His Word.”

Albert Mohler said, “President Obama’s evolution ends.”

Bryant Wright, president of the Southern Baptist Convention, said, “A very sad day for America when the president comes out in support of same sex marriage. No surprise, but deeply troubling for our future!”

And Ralph Reed summed it up clearly when he said: “Obama’s announcement is a gift to the Romney campaign.”

• Newsweek: The First Gay President
  • President Obama Endorses Gay Marriage
  • Thousands of Blacks, Hispanics march to protest gay marriage
  • GLAAD to Tracy Morgan: ‘Apologize or your career sleeps with the fishes’
    • http://Www.yallaintchit.com Man, I just don’t care™

At this point mostly gay people even going to church. These niggas need to keep their mouths shut till after the election

• ms.bstdressed

I’m opposed to same sex marriage. However, I will still vote for Obama. There’s never a canidate who’s values/beliefs mirror my own 100%.

• Bad Influence

anybody opposed to gay marriage should slap/stab/pnch/kill themselves.

like, why da fugg do you care so much?? :chase:

:obama: ya’ll :danban:

• http://chokolatemilk.blogspot.com Choco aka Hippie

Great example of not believing everything you hear – Cuz the pastors black or not are incorrect IMO

• MochaT

This doesn’t shock me at all. I knew there would be fallout and it has already started at my own church. Pastor stated yesterday “The President is allowing Malia and Sasha to raise him…but that’s next Sunday’s sermon…” It’s going to be real interesting next Sunday at my church. I believe the President is entitled to his opinion. If that’s truly how he feels, then let him have his opinion. But that opinion could definitely cause damage to his campaign. I know 2 people personally who said they will not vote for him now :coffee:

• http://www.philly.com/ J Said it!

NOPE… he’ll win its already predestined sandra i told you that… Barack has to continue with his plan, he signed the oath with the bankers.. he got the next four!
      And JayZ and the likes will make sure he get the “pop” ularity vote!!

Its all politics and for those who refuse to vote due to liking of gay marriage he will pulled them in another way politics 101

• KiKiWest

If the Pastors don’t want gay people to be married then they should just not marry them. Why shouldn’t someone who is gay have the ability to get on their partner’s health insurance, receive tax breaks, make life or death decisions etc. This is America and we “supposedly” believe in religious freedom. Atheists get married everyday where is the outrage over that? I just don’t get it.

• http://www.philly.com/ J Said it!

Barack does not believe in gay marriage… Have you ever heard of the term Gay for the Stay!!. same difference! Politics 101 and Prison 101 CTHU

• http://chokolatemilk.blogspot.com Choco aka Hippie

:preach: I’ve been saying it’s already written

• http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qkt7Dx_uK5Y MzDimplez1123

Isn’t being against gay marriage how Bush won his last election? :shrug:

Said to say but, ppl with screw themselves out of their best option based on some petty stuff and some stuff that doesn’t even directly effect them.

• KDub

Somebody call me when we go off topic.

• Starr

I wonder how the black church has been helping the millions of black folks that are unemployed and living in poverty…in their own neighborhoods.

Um yeah :koolaid:

• GAGIRL87

ms.bstdressed says:

____________________________________________________________

I agree 100% but he will most def lose some voters this election :coffee:

I don’t trust the democrats or the republicans EVERYBODY is out for SELF this days…..

• lovezoe

The church we go to posted a YT link against gay marriage. They also boycotted GCB. SMMFH

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7je-DEQgPJk&feature=related ELove

President Obama IS a 2nd TERM President Though (DONE Deal…) :coffee:

• GAGIRL87

JENIE :yahoo:

:whistle: I find out, what I’ve been missing always on the runnnnnnn

• KDub

And while we ON topic…this is why religion and politics do NAT mix. If we all of a sudden using the Bible to make laws…why is it not illegal to lie? Why is it not illegal to have premarital sex? Why is it not illegal to let your dog go shyt on your neighbor’s lawn (honor thy neighbor)? But now the gays want to get married and NOW folks pointing to the Bible. Cause I am just as Christian as anybody but I am TRULY con-frused on WHY this is an issue? If we using the Bible now to pass laws everybody should be impacted. Not just the gays.

• GAGIRL87

KDub says:

______________________________________________________________

Good points but this is a touchy subject I rides with the bible 1000% even though I don’t always do what it says…..

• Daisy

@Starr A lot of black churches are and have been helping their members find employment even before the recession

:obama:

Black churches take gay money each and every Sun. I don’t think this one issue will stop that many people black or otherwise from voting for President Obama

• Lady Dougie Q

Obama is just damned. if he says no folks are mad: if he says yes folks are mad! what the f**k do they want him to do. it’s a sin to cheat however every president has done it and that ok rite :wtf:

if Obama loses this is whatz gonna happen :whip:
      :mad: damn shame!!

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jsZhYyyPuI FeFe Feminine

KDub says:

_________

:clap:

Gay people should be allowed to be miserable like the rest of us… :coffee:

• eMDe

:obama:

It won’t change my vote for Barry!

• KDub

—————————————
      This is the point exactly. Nobody does exactly what it says yet we nit pick based on XX variable. Whatever is the hot topic at the time. If we all did what the Bible said then we could ALL just change our names to Perfection and live happily ever after.

It is a touchy subject indeed but lets all take the time to think about how our daily lives would be impacted if everything that is contained within the Bible is suddenly made into a law.

• Lovely One

@ KiKiWest says:

————————————————————
      So a civil union does not cover these benefits? Why can’t religious people get married and everyone else (gay, atheist, whatever) get a civil union?

• lovezoe

Gay people should be allowed to be miserable like the rest of us… :coffee:
      ——————-
      :coffee: :cosign:

• brownskin A.K.A Creamy

I wondwer what the black pastors R saying about not tell the members the truth on what the bible actually say :shrugs: really yall pastors got room to talk really get in line false prophets >>>> :whip:

• http://www.philly.com/ J Said it!

RonPAul

• Hax–TheBoyCanMack

People really need to mind their own damn business. If gays can get married and will go to hell for it (as these bible thumping bishes say), then THEY’RE the ones going to hell for it, not these priests and ministers who are voicing about how dark the road America is taking in. Heyll, you know those priests are going to heyll, too, only for something much worse….

• http://www.philly.com/ J Said it!

I dont care what your beliefs are.. Get my money right and who would make better decisions for everyday life all this taxation without representation.. Im rockin out with Ron Paul because he does not take money from lobbysit , he is not bought or sold. He has a decent plan for your life on this earth when it comes to living in a 1% world

All the others want the government to be in your life to the point where you can SHiiiiiiiiiiiiiiT

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llFZT6CTXz8 datsmdubya2u

if you fuggin out of wedlock yourself don’t try to use the bible to justify bigotry toward gay people.

And any black people who vote against their own economic interests in order to spite gay people will deserve every thing that does and does not happen to them once the GOP rolls back many hard one civil and voting rights not to mention they want your IRS REFUND TOO!

Yes the GOP says you don’t pay enough taxes and the middle and lower incomes do not deserve the Earned Income tax credit, the child care credit etc….

So go ahead with ya bible thumpin selves and vote for Rommney…when H&R block tells you that you get no refund matter of fact you owe remember how you was voted.

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llFZT6CTXz8 datsmdubya2u

:obama:

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llFZT6CTXz8 datsmdubya2u

So go ahead with ya bible thumpin selves and vote for Rommney…when H&R block tells you that you get no refund matter of fact you owe remember how you voted.

:obama:

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llFZT6CTXz8 datsmdubya2u

sorry for the repeated posts i dunno what’s wrong with my browser

work :pc: <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Raggedy

• http://youtu.be/5L1tr0PIx20 Alex ain’t never met no Martin LuthadaKing

So gay ppl are in the same category as atheists and whatevers? Wtf?!?

• alabasterboi

Eddie LOng

#nuff said!!

• KiKiWest

Civil Unions do not allow you to claim “Married” on your 1040. Also, many states do not allow civil unions- so to answer your question- no. And for the record I am a Christian, straight married woman. I just don’t see how the government can tell people how to live their lives. That’s between them and God.

• http://www.philly.com/ J Said it!

KiKiWest says:

~~~~
      Righttttt! The government needs to sit down and stop tryna to be in every aspect… I dont need the govt to tell me when to marry and who i can marry, And for the record when youre married no need to file taxes together.. always file separately… tax 101 lol

• Ms. Everything

Every pastor that I know personally or follow have all said that this is a non issue :shrugs: The alternatives of voting Romney or not voting at all aren’t options for any of the rational, smart or even the dumb people that I know.

• Ms. Everything

A Civil Union (in states where civil unions are legal) will cover most of the legal aspects that marriage covers and what is not covered can be resolved with a good lawyer (death benefits, hospital rights, POA’s, Living Will’s, wills, etc). However, there are vindictive people that will keep a person’s partner in court for years protesting and fighting them receiving anything and there are judges that will side with the family because of their own personal bias. I don’t agree with this as much as I’m not pro gay marriage. But, at this point, I could care less. Let them get married or come up with a suitable and comparable legal option that all states must recognize and abide by. But don’t allow this petty simple matter cause you to vote for the wrong person out of spite. There is a reason why church and state were made separate when they wrote the Constitution, people don’t have the same beliefs and never will and this country gives everyone that freedom to choose. Give these people that choice, it can be done without disrespecting the religious institutions in this country. Just make it clear though, that if gay marriage is made law country wide do NOT force the churches to marry if gays. At that point you’ll be encroaching on religious freedom and that’s when I’ll have a real problem with it

• http://sandrarose.com Sandra Rose

Thanks for staying on topic with every comment in this post. :clap: This is a first for Sandrarose.com! :yahoo:

• LolliepopLyfe

Politicians have been using God to polarize the nation and bend its will to their agendas to get elected. The “gay marriage” issue is where they tied their own noose though. While it is true that you cannot rewrite a religion, you also cannot deny people their rights because of religion. However, that is EXACTLY how we have been operating since the country began. Not everyone in the US of A is a Christian. The reason why this became a civil rights issue to the gay community is because this country’s leaders have been ignoring their duty to ALL Americans. Marriage per the Bible is between a Man, a Woman and God. That’s perfectly fine, if that’s what you believe. Just don’t marry the same sex if you want to stay in line with that (easy right?). The legal concept of marriage is defined as a contact and creates legal obligations and establishes the spouse as kin. Doesn’t mention God. In fact, it even affords tribal authority to recognize marriage (omg not the heathens?!). So, if I never read the Bible and don’t believe in God, can I still get married? Is there even an option to forgo a religious ceremony in order sign up for my contact with my true love? For everyone who is not gay, the answer is yes. The lack of true separation of church and state led to this.

• WTF Ever

Was Eddie Long on this conference call? It amazes me how the black church can get so upset about this issue, but when one of their own molests little boys within his own congregation all of the black churches become mutes.

Also, it amazes and saddens me how many black people forget history, ignore history or never take the time to learn it. Because if they did, they would understand that passages within the bible was used as justification to deny Women their civil rights and even used to justify slavery. Get it together people. There are more books to read than just the bible.

• Lady Dougie Q

WTF Ever says:

———————————————————————–
      :cosign:
      I totally agree with you!!
      :kneel: <<<<<<<<<<<<<<if romney get in office!

• Ms. Everything

@WTF alot of black pastors were not silent when that Eddie Long mess happened, including my pastor. The sad thing is that it was the ones with a platform to reach many that chose silence, however, please rest assured that a good many spoke out against him and continue to do so. Unfortunately, many of the pastors (and not just in our community) with the platform, members and ability to speak to millions choose their speaking points by how much publicity it will bring or the politics surrounding it instead of getting to the heart of the matter which wrong is wrong and must be pointed out. And then it gives everybody a bad name when that really isn’t the case

• Lovely One

@ Ms. Everything — Thanks for the clarification and I agree with your stance.

For the record, I do not think an atheist and LGBT member are one and/in the same. It was just an example that I put out there.

• Ms. Everything

@Lovely oh trust me I understand completely. The argument that many make is that marriage was around prior to Christianity (true but not the same because back in those days marriage was a legal transaction to the extent that you were basically trading property (husband gets the wife plus some cattle and whatever for whatever) and marriage today in this country is completely different than when people started getting formally married but at the same time, if you are requesting a Christian marriage with Christian vows than expect to hear the bible and what it says. Don’t cry discrimination or prejudice when you can just as easily elect to have a non religious ceremony with standard non religious vows. That’s where my issue with everything comes into play. I won’t get into whether homosexuality is wrong beyond saying that I believe what my bible says while also believing that no sin is greater than the next sin and it’s not my place to judge. Just don’t disrespect and defame my beliefs because you can’t find a way to mesh them into your own lifestyle. That’s my entire problem with all of this. People can’t resolve differences and take a rational approach to this without offending and being disrespectful.