BREAKING: Judge Declares Mistrial in John Edwards Case

Update: After nearly 2 weeks of deliberation, a North Carolina jury reached a verdict on only one count in the John Edwards campaign-finance violations trial. Edwards was acquitted on count 3: accepting illegal campaign contributions. The judge declared a mistrial on the other 5 counts.

The jury of eight men and four women were sent back to the jury room earlier today to hammer out a decision on all of the counts against Edwards.

The jury began deliberating on May 18 after a month of testimony, which at times sounded more like a steamy soap opera than a trial on the intricacies of campaign finance rules.

Charged with six counts of violating federal campaign laws, Edwards was accused by the government of soliciting nearly $1 million from wealthy backers to finance a cover up of his illicit affair and illegitimate child while running for president in 2008.

If convicted, Edwards can face up to 30 years in prison and be fined more than $1 million, although it is unlikely he will face the most severe penalties.

Edwards reportedly collected $725,000 from wealthy heiress Rachel “Bunny” Mellon, who disguised her contributions as payments for antique furniture, according to ABC News.

Photo: Chuck Burton/AP

118 Responses to “BREAKING: Judge Declares Mistrial in John Edwards Case”

BoogieNites says:

RIP LizEdwards :(

Crickett says:

Ha, and he probably would have made an excellent president. The contributor lied about where the money was going and they lied about where the money went- who cares.

pointhimout says:

who gives a schit? she cut him outta her will. that was the ultimate punishment for his actions.

ELove says:

@Crickett :coffee:

Bad Influence says:

ion curr :coffee:

Good. This was the dumbest trial in recent memory. I was expecting him to be acquitted quickly.

buddapecan says:

Doesn’t this type of thing happen more times than not? NC stand up! :cheer:

KDub where you at??!!

MZ_CARAM3L74 says:

what Bird said :coffee:

YSoSrs says:

John Edwards is a dirty bastid. That is all. :coffee:

DownBottom says:

:lol: @Bird, agreed!

JMO says:

what Bad said :coffee:

:coffee: in other news my daughter is showing her azz again at school :mad: I am wits end here I am taking her to a doctor Monday, cause there has got to be something else going on :no:

Speaking of Cackalacky politics, whatever happened to the former governor of South Cack who disappeared to go visit his mistress? Are they still together? Didn’t he say she was his soul mate?

NaijaGal says:

oh Johnny boy…tried to use your wife’s illness to garner votes yet you were fcuking another broad, raw at that, the whole time…your bad

jeniefrumdabloc says:

in other news my daughter is showing her azz again at school I am wits end here I am taking her to a doctor Monday, cause there has got to be something else going on
    ***************************

Oooooh chile! I feel your pain.

Bibi says:

@Jenie

What is she doing? I’m ready to shake mine…

Phrozen1der says:

@Jenie Uh oh..

@Bird :lol: I remember that she had that wet-wet had that muhfugga leavin work midday and flying to different countries… :hahaha: #GoodPuss

Bird I mean damn, I have tried it all :cuss: I am taking her back to the psych doc monday. I think she might have adhd or something hell !!! But before when I took her to him he said it was to early to diagnose, so we tried other strategies which worked :shrug: but now she is off the chain again ugh :(

:popcorn:

promise i just couldnt care less about this story :shrug:

but i shole ILL glad for the new post :kona: <—rly me tapdancing

guess who’s got a date tonight :woohoo:

@fayla :kiss: besos mi amor!

Frenchie! :kiss: sup bonita? all is well?

Hmmm mm let me go down the list

Tore up the class room throwing shat everywhere,
    Tore up the director’s office,
    Kicking and biting the teacher
    Scratching up the directors arms
    and the damn list goes on
    :no:
    I mean something is not right. I beat the breaks off her the first time, cause um wasn’t gone let that shat ride :coffee: but at this point I refuse to touch her cause she gone take me there, so I keep my cool. This shat got me stressed to the max :no:

@jenie

Oh wow, she’s definitely got major behavioral problems…. I will say some prayers for you girl… :no:

Fay she is 5 and it’s like she becomes :twisted: when she at the daycare and when she with me at home she all nice :happy: and no problems. This shat has got to end, hell :coffee:

gypsyeyes says:

WHERE IS KDUB ON THIS 31ST DAY OF MAY TWO THOUSAND AND TWELF

FeFe Feminine says:

@jenie

Greatly appreciated :hug:

Bibi says:

@JEnie

How old is she??

WUT-IZ-SWAGU says:

If anybody ask… I been with yall AAAAAALLLLL Day…go it… brushed dirt from pants and hides shovel…. :coffee:

yallcrazy says:

Did you pick up those things @Frenchie :lol:

===================
    On topic: :shrug: No Opinion whatsoever :no:
    ====================
    Fay :danban:

Bibi says:

Oh :smack: 5? WOW.. good luck Jenie :hugs:

Phrozen1der says:

@Jenie Yikes…yeah a professional might be in order :yes: :hugs:

Gigi26 says:

HE should get the shyttiest husband of the decade award cuz THIS was just :no:

@ jeniefrumdabloc How old is she?
    Thats definently a stressful situation to be in,I hope it gets Better for you.I Most definently commend you for Keeping your cool and not Putting your hands on her,Cause i Know it would take me ALOT of Self control to NOT Put hands on her.
    Stay :pray:

:think: maybe something is going on at the daycare? sounds like it could possibly be ADHD too tho. i hope & pray they dont try to medicate her. thats the solution for everything nowadays.

have u tried taking away what she likes? :shrug:

gypsyeyes says:

@Jenie-Put her in an after school activity. She sounds like she has too much energy and she give 2 fawks about authority. She needs to be somewhere that she likes and respects the authority figure.

Bibi says:

Oh :smack: 5? WOW.. good luck Jenie :hugs:

Thanks, but we are going to nip this shat in the budd pronto !!!!! :hug:

YSoSrs says:

@WUT

I don’t know sht. :tape:

gypsyeyes says:

:thinking: Like Karate or something? Cheerleading

Bootcampgirl says:

@Jenie-Not that you asked me but here’s my story
    So I stayed at my cousin’s house in NJ and her daughter, my younger cousin, was supposed to be on punished. She is a whopping 11 years old. She had her cell phone taked away because she evidently called some other girl a bish and decided that her and on of her other friends were going to jump the girl. She was caught ripping the material off the seats of the school bus and her parents are being asked to pay for it. She was riding the bus and for some odd reason decided to touch the school bus driver on the head and has been suspended for a week off the bus. Now, her parents took away her Kindle, cell phone, tv privilages, laptop, etc. and was supposed to be on punishment. So guess who was on the phone this weekend, watching tv and on the laptop???

I’m bored, don’t mind me, I was just sitting there in awe this entire weekend and my cousin isn’t the type to take constructive criticism…

gypsyeyes says:

What did you do to that boi @WUT?

YALL! :kiss: *on both cheeks*

how u doing oh beautiful one? did u finish that homework?? :waiting:

Gigi26 says:

Jenie this reminds me of myself :yes:

I used to do the same thing, ran out the classroom and they couldn’t find me, used to fight the kids at gym and all of that stuff. I got a social worker assigned to me so instead of gym I went to this lady’s office and I loved it :yes: She gave me cheez doodles, and we played games. I think it was positive reinforcement that did it for me. I only acted a fool because I got attention off of it. When I was good, I felt tuned out and ignored.

Take her to a professional and see what she says though.

Fayla aka IWhipIt..WhipItRealGood:) says:

have u tried taking away what she likes? :shrug:

I have done all that :no: I can’t get to a doctor quick enough, but this particular doctor is not big on meds, but ashid, if something ddon’t give hell I might need to see a damn doctor :coffee:

Phrozen1der says:

@WUT :lol:

gypsyeyes says:

Yes cheerleading or karate. She needs somewhere to take out that energy. Make sure she drinks milk at night or either the morning and maybe even a spoonful of peanutbutter. Milk has the same chemical as turkey and makes them sleepy/calm. And for ppl with diagnosed ADD p-nut butter is recommended because it also calms them. Don’t have her medicated,she is 5 and sometimes they push ppl. My baby was acting up but then I learned that the teachers were whispering and acting scared of her behavior and my daughter saw that there were noo consequences to her actions. I had her azz transferred out of the whisperers class and she has been fine. Tell them that they have to be aggressive with her instead of that passive shyt.

BoogieNites says:

:offtopic:

you folks are WAY more interesting than my friends.

Jenie i will add ur lil one to my prayer list & hope u get the breakthrough u need. it may be just as simple as what Gigi said :yes:

Iheart says:

@Jenie, My son was around that age when he was finally diagnosed with ADHD. I promise you it does get better :hugs: I worked with his child psychologist and even after he was diagnosed he had appt’s about once a month for a year. At first we tried not medicating him but things just continued to get worse so we tried the lowest dose of Ritalin possible and he has been on that same dose for over 2 years now. I hope you find a solution to your situation soon babes :hugs:

Phrozen1der says:

@BOOGIE

I know right. :lol:

YSoSrs says:

DYMOND!! :dance:

@DYMOND :cheer: mami bella como estas :kiss:

Fayla aka IWhipIt..WhipItRealGood:) says:

Thank u :hug: and thanks to everyone also :hug: @Phro, we shall see when we go through the sessions, hopefully meds want have to be involved !

Usual Suspect says:

Elizabeth in rolling in her grave pissed :mad:

Dymond says:

yo YSo! :dance:

Iheart says:

And for the record I am ANTI-MED if it is not needed :nono: I felt so terrible and like I was a bad mom because that’s what I had to go to in order to help my son, but now I am at peace with my decision and he is a honor rool student :yes:

@CALI hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii! :waves:

gypsyeyes says:

So big gypsy graduates from HS next week. Bittersweet cause her daddy had booked a flight here the week he passed(that was what their last convo was about) but on a lighter note. 6 yr old’s daddy and his wife are coming to the graduation as a surprise. He has stepped up in support big time. She has no idea. Bi gyp is crazy about him. My son gets here Thursday along with my ex in laws. I can’t wait cause my ex mother in law is taking me shopping(I’m her baby). And New wife,Nana, Big Gyp,My mom and I are going to New York for a ladies trip.
    All my babies will be together!!!

Usual Suspect says:

French Kisses :waves: <—- John Edwards acquittal

Dymond says:

@ Usual
    Elizabeth aint thinking bout this mess! :coffee:

Anybody else watch the Hatfields and the McCoys :ashamed: No? Me either :coffee:

Gigi26 says:

All my babies will be together!!!
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

That’s beautiful Gypsy :yes: Congrats to you mama and your baby!!

Where did she go to HS?

DownBottom says:

@Phro’s #18 :hahaha: :tea:

gypsyeyes says:

We are here in CT she goes to the Public school in our town. She hates it. She is going to the Navy in the Fall!

Iheart says:

I have a niece that is adhd, and she almost got kept back twice, well sister finally had her diagnosed, she has been on medication , now she also on the honor roll excelling in everything. But the thing is my daughter is not having problems with her school work its just the behavior. She actually very smart in her class, doing 150 puzzles reading, and math is great :shrug:

Congrats Gypsy :waves: <—– here's a check for when she ask for gas for her whip :lol: while she done there in school

Bad Influence says:

:buttshake:

Dymond says:

:yahoo: for lil gypsy!
    my lil cuz just graduamated and is going to the Army! we were sad at first but he is convinced that he wants to so all we can do is support him :(

gypsyeyes says:

Jenie-that heffa don’t know the gas pedal from the brakes!

lola says:

Fayla! Can I change my Whip order b4 it ships?

gypsyeyes says:

thanks guys, I’m proud of her for making an adult decision. She is a good girl so I’m her biggest fan!

gypsyeyes says:

Jenie-that heffa don’t know the gas pedal from the brakes!

Trendsetter says:

jeniefrumdabloc says:

Bird I mean damn, I have tried it all I am taking her back to the psych doc monday. I think she might have adhd or something hell !!! But before when I took her to him he said it was to early to diagnose, so we tried other strategies which worked but now she is off the chain again ugh

my coworker son has adhd…he’s 6…he use to act out in school all the time… use to be so disruptive that he would always get a bad mark for the day..and his teacher told her she needs to take him to the dr to get evaluated for adhd…and he does have that and now he’s on meds…oh did I mention he’s 6

Phrozen1der says:

:lol: @DB ninja thought no one would know cause he left his cell phone there as to not be traced… #Amateur :rofl:

lovezoe says:

Jenie- :hugs: and :prayers:

yallcrazy says:

Fay :D I finished, thank goodness

Jenny, get a 3rd opinion after the 2nd opinion, and try no meds.

Trendsetter says:

jeniefrumdabloc says:

Has his behavoiur changed :thinking:

Gigi26 says:

She’ll do great Gypsy :yes:

Yeah CT is hard to get adjusted to, all I heard about was Weaver and EVERYBODY and their mama went there lol

Thanks, Lzoe, Yall :hug:

yallcrazy says:

My baby sis is going to FAMU this fall :yahoo:

Trendsetter says:

@ jeniefrumdabloc

Actually he has…and he’s even doing better in school…his grades were suffering because of the adhd…so the meds are helping out…

Dymond says:

@ Usual
    Elizabeth aint thinking bout this mess! :coffee:

damn..Damn..DAMN!!! :cuss: i missed it! hey bew! :hug: how was it?? :popcorn:

gypsyeyes says:

My mama went to Weaver with Jesus. That building is built like a water tower. Whatcha know about Hartford? Are you Puerto Rican cause there are alot of PR’s here in CT?

yallcrazy says:

Awww Gypsy, yall gonna have fuuuuunnnnn :yes:

Dymond says:

yallcrazy says:
    My baby sis is going to FAMU this fall

:yahoo:
    wait, she’s not in the band is she? :(

Gigi26 says:

All my babies will be together!!!

:applause: girl gawn show ‘em how a blended family can work! :trophy:
    that’s awesome sug! :yes:

Gigi26 says:

Nah I ain’t PR but I went to school out there (Univ. of Hartford) and we used to go on K st to get our hair done by the Dominicans and get our rice and grandules after :yes:

Trendsetter says:

@ jeniefrumdabloc

:thinking: hmmm mm

Gigi26 says:

My baby sis is going to FAMU this fall
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Awww go head go head :yes: I didn’t go to FAMU but I know there’s a whooole lot of em in DC. Cool people

:ghost: @Dymond!

YALL that’s great, what’s she gonna major in?

BoogieNites says:

Congrats, Gypsy!! Admiring the family unit yall got goin there. Keep it up :thumbsup: ..

Jenie. I, as well, have heard differing/ conflicting stories re: medicating the kids. Goodluck finding what works best for u and ur daughter. :yes:

lola says:

@ Fayla Yes no maybe? :crying: I want peppamint instead of citrus to go with my lavendar. #60652

Dymond says:

**snuggles in betwinxt Fay’s :boobs:

:popcorn: Girl it was good. A lil long, a lil drawn out, but GOOD!

and I don’t even do “westerns” or movies like that

southerngent says:

:offtopic: Did anyone here about the student @ Morgan State that killed his roommate and then ate his heart and brain.

Phrozen1der says:

@Yall #TeamHBCU! :yahoo: She needs to join one of them BETA ALPHA chaptered sororities :coffee:

Phrozen1der says:

@Southern Yeah, I just read that… :no:

yallcrazy says:

Dymond, no, not in the band :lol:

Fay, IONO what she’ll be studying :smack: #badsister :lol:

Phro :wink:

SUTHERNGENT :shocked: OMG where??

Lola! :waves: pls email me info@landofpure dot net

southerngent says:

:wtf:

DownBottom says:

:shocked: @southerngent…. :wtf:

Dymond says:

more zombies?

:blink:

:pray:

southerngent says:

http://www.hbcudigest.com/?s=MORGAN+STATE here is the link….Please don’t ban me Sandra

JMO says:

Phrozen1der says:

_____________________________________________________________________

:danban:

DoNotDeleteMe says:

PRETTY HAIR WAS FOUND NOT GUILTY! WOOT! :cheer:

Trendsetter says:

UPDATE: 4:15pm EST

Jury finds John Edwards not guilty on count 3 and the Judge rules a mistrial on the 5 other counts. Now it will be up to prosecutors on whether they want to retry John Edwards

ohpretty1 says:

Mistrial.

ShoeStalker says:

I went to school with his daughter and interacted with his wife on almost a daily basis in high school. She was a very nice woman and I am just upset that he seemed to do these things with no regard for her feelings other than his attempts to hide it from her.

KDub says:

Doesn’t this type of thing happen more times than not? NC stand up!

KDub where you at??!!
    ——————————–
    Tardy to the M-fuggin party. Here I ill.

John Edwards IS a trial lawyer. He won the biggest lawsuit in state history. EVER. He is like fuggin FAME…he can live FOREVER on the money he won from the Valerie Lakey case. Look it up. 1991 me recollects. He don’t give a shat that he got written out of Liz’s will. HE was the breadwinner. She was a licensed attorney too. Alot of folks don’t know that.

Anywho he knew what to say by training…what not to say… and there the fugg you have it.

Source: I usta work for the state attorney’s association and remma Johnny coming in flirting with the pretty ladies during CLE classes. Rielle won’t the first hoe John had. All of Raleigh knows all about him.

KDub says:

—————————————-
    SKERRRRRRRRRRRRRRT you went to Broughton????????????????

:blink:

Wade the deceased son was MY classmate. I was class of 95…he was supposed to be class of 96 but sadly died before he could graduate.

*faints cause Raleigh ill so SMALL*

ShoeStalker says:

Yes ma’am I did. I think we were in 8th grade when he died…

BoogieNites says:

question: is whosdatingwho . com a reliable/ reputable site, u think ?? cuz i jus searched trina and :blink:

BoogieNites says: