“Basketball Wives” cast member Tami Roman is being sued by a hair care products company for a breach of contract. The 40-year-old mother of 2 went before a judge this week to stop the company from disrupting the show’s shooting schedule, because, as she put it “millions of people,” will “suffer” if the show is taken off the air.

Additionally, one company has already pulled ad spots from the scripted show as the result of a petition created by Alexis M., who objects to the fake violence that saturates the show every week.

In an update on Tuesday, Alexis M. reports that Summer’s Eve has agreed to pull their ads from both “Basketball Wives” and the spin-off show “Eve and Ocho,” which premieres in September.

From Gossip On This:

Tami Roman — one of the stars of the hit VH1 reality show — is being sued by Creme de la Creme hair products on claims that she went against a contractual agreement, and failed to promote their hair products on the show, instead choosing to promote her own hair line.

The company has asked the Texas judge to put in a court order to stop VH1 from showing any segments where Tami promotes her hair line, instead of theirs.

However, according to court documents obtained by TMZ, Tami claims that the company didn’t pay her on time, thereby breaking any contract previously agreed upon.

Furthermore, Tami said that preventing the show from airing would affect “millions of people,” and the harm Creme de la Creme claims to be suffering “pales in comparison.”

She’s also asking the court to let the show air as is, and wants her name and likeness to be removed from the brand’s products, and she also wants the company to pay her court costs.

• Evelyn and Chad Boycott Petition Collects Thousands of Signatures
  • In Case You Missed It: Basketball Wives, Episode 11
  • Extreme Groupies On Anderson Cooper Today (Video)
  • Basketball Wives cast to boycott Reunion show? (Yeah, right)

103 Responses to “Tami Roman tells judge “millions will suffer” if ‘Basketball Wives’ is taken off the air”

Anna says:

~~~~~~~~
      :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Flawless says:

I use to like Tami, but now she a straight BULLY :coffee:

She would say that…. :rolleyes:

Long Time Lurker says:

Really?

Not really Tami. It’s actually time for the show to go.

WUT-IZ-SWAGU says:

Oh yeah right.. changing the channel away from this mess is sooo hard… :rolleyes:

Trendsetter says:

I signed the petition yesterday.

I agree with Tami.
      Groupies, chickenheads, ghetto rats and gold diggers would be suicidal if the show is taken off the air.

eastpointvet says:

no summers eve commercials? coochies everywhere will be sad

mizzdallas says:

Basically tami aint trying to go back to being on welfare, too bad so sad, instead of her bullying people she should have been trying to be a bizness woman like jennifer. Parlay her 15 minutes of fame into something lucrative..

:clap: @ Summer’s Eve pulling their ads….all money ain’t good money

eastpointvet says:

no summers eve commercials? coochies everywhere will be sad

______

:lolol:

godschild504 says:

SMH…

Bootcampgirl says:

That Summer’s Eve shat is funny as hell. I don’t normally watch the show but, I tuned in last night, that shat was horrible. They are way to old to act the way they act…IMO

mizzdallas says:

_______

Exactly. Anyone with half a brain knows this shyt WILL NOT last…so capitalism needs to be the key to a prolonged career and a sound bank account…DUMB BIRDS!

CD FENTY says:

Bibi says:

:waves: @everybody

Imma start a petition against insignificant petitions :tea:

Trinibarbeez says:

Dear Tami,

Though you say that millions of viewers will suffer, I am sorry to disappoint you with the fact that NO ONE would suffer… We would just look for another scripted reality show about somebody’s wives to keep us entertained… Sorry to disappoint you.

Love,
      A viewer who don’t really care if your show is shut down.

CD FENTY says:

The reunion is Saturday, that should be interesting :coffee:

lovezoe says:

Fake violence or not, Tami is FOURTY-ONE!! She not sign on to that foolery. She has two daughters thinking it’s okay to coon out in public, overseas, etc. Anyone who buys some Tami Roman endorsed weave deserves to be swindled.

YSoSrs says:

Millions will suffer, huh? That’s a risk I’m willing to take. :coffee:

lovezoe says:

Fe- Spoke downstairs :waves:

Anna says:

I suffer watching the show. Suzie’s Cindy Brady, Drew Berrymore lisp is distracting. Jen is boring, Tami wants to be NeNe. Ev’s potty mouth needs “Orbit”. I watch because it makes you cherish your “circle”. Who goes out to lunch or on vacation to act a fool?

lexdiamonz says:

no SHE would suffer how much do these rats get paid anyway from this show???

<<<as long as Evelyn and Royce are ok….

lady_cn says:

Bish please!

That’s all I got for Tami. :coffee:

:kona: <——Really me running and hiding after calling Tami a bish behind her back. Errybody knows, you don't talk about her behind her back.

Bibi says:

@Man

Where u been????

mizzdallas says:

@fefe

thats what the shows are for, for them to do something outside of just being reality hoodrats. I admit is is a guilty pleasure of mines, but the show has become beyond ridiculous. I dont know NOT one woman in my circle,myfamily and etc., that acts like tami,eve & shaunie. And I doNOT know one person that will let anyone like tami bully them even my bushie friends..

Bootcampgirl says:

:waves: @Bibi
      @lovezoe-that’s what I’m saying, aren’t you to old for that shat and it’s in the public..

Man, I just don’t care™ says:

<<<as long as Evelyn and Royce are ok….

There, fixed that for ya! :)

candibfly says:

i wouldn’t buy any hair products she’s endorsing :no:

imarie aka lalie says:

I’m gonna sign the petition. I had enough of this show after Mondays episode. The show is totally pointless. It needs a new direction. Instead of showing women arguing about talking behind their backs (which they all do) why not focus on their business ventures. Jen has her cosmetics line, Evelyn has a cosmetics line also and a book coming out. Royce is acting and Tami just worked on a movie. They could focus on that instead of her bad attitude. And I still dont understand why they chose Kenya and Kesha. What do they bring to the show other than two new people to bully?

Bootcampgirl says:

Anna says:

Exactly, it just seems like Tami was trying to start shat from the gate. Bish, you mad ’cause I’m coughing, really…

@Creme de la Creme Hair Products
      :ha: :haha:

mizzdallas says:

So are all of the castmates going to be at this reunion?? because this is where keisha,jenn & crazy azz kenya and ….. royce all need to beat tami & eveliyn azz.. in the words of elove #RealTalk

candibfly says:

i wouldn’t buy any hair products she’s endorsing :no:

______

Me either…her “hair” looks a mess to me a lot of the time…I actually liked that little short wig she wore a couple of seasons ago better than this fusion weave crap she sports…

Mamacita says:

eastpointvet says:

no summers eve commercials? coochies everywhere will be sad

:lol: He said “coochies”

Carrington says:

Tami was in Houston a couple of weeks ago… they settled out of court.

And please don’t downplay the VIOLENCE on this show by referring to it as “fake”… while the show may be scripted, violence is violence is violence, and these people are NOT faking THAT.

To suggest that they’re faking would leave one with the idea that they’re just “playin'” – those damn near 40-year old broads are serious as hell and people need to KNOW that they are.

When you know better, you do better… hopefully.

Bibi says:

@Bootcamp :waves:

She should have stayed with Creme de la creme..at least that’s a known brand. :shrugs:

cheeks8683 says:

Millins will suffer??? :rofl: #epicfail

lady_cn says:

candibfly says:

i wouldn’t buy any hair products she’s endorsing
      ______________________________________

I wouldn’t either. Granted her hair looks better than it did in prior seasons, it still isn’t something I would want in my head… :coffee:

@BIBI
      Nigga been working. I cant believe these fluckin people actually expect me to do work in here. :shrugs: :no: <<smh

Im just stoppin through early today. Ima be out the next few weeks.
      :jack: <<< gotta leave the ladies with something before I go

lovezoe says:

I give BBHoes about two more season, heck I rather them bring back Flava of Love somedays.

Blackswan says:

I dont know why they are scared. Learned a long time ago that sometimes you just have to show a bully. You mad cause i am caoughing??? Well let me turn around and cough in your face. Man Tami better learn a scared person will kill you.

mizzdallas says:

Nobody wants to buy any of Tami products, bish done changed all of sudden she aint rocking that yaki dry azz weave no more she want to be all brand new…

Roc says:

I stopped watching a long time ago, and I’m feeling just fine.

@Eastpoint…I left you a message in the previous post.

Trinibarbeez says:

Honestly though, I don’t understand why everyone is trying to knock their hustle. I don’t see anyone going around petitioning for strip clubs to close down, due to the lewd acts that are performed in there, so why are they trying to get Basketball Wives off the air?! I mean, if grown azz women want to act stupid and ish in front of the camera to make money to put food on the table, then let it be. And for all those complaining about it, I don’t think anyone is holding a gun to your head forcing you to watch it, so, all that you have to do is simply change the channel.

Bibi says:

@MAn

The audacity of ur job :lol:

Bootcampgirl says:

I don’t get why they keep having new seasons, what else could they possibly have to talk about???

Bibi says:

Trinibarbeez says:

:cosign:

lovezoe says:

Carrington says:

Tami was in Houston a couple of weeks ago… they settled out of court.
      To suggest that they’re faking would leave one with the idea that they’re just “playin’” – those damn near 40-year old broads are serious as hell and people need to KNOW that they are.
      When you know better, you do better… hopefully.

——————–
      :preach: I don’t even bame Shaunie THAT much anymore. They are grown enough to know better AND do better. Throwing bottles, vases, running across tables, why would you want people to remember you that way? I do watch, I do laugh, but never, ever, ever would I be friends with someone who conducted themselves in that manner. I LOATHE being embarrassed. I would put up the church finger real quick if people start cooning round me.

CD FENTY says:

@Fe
      Yeah Tami looks like her edges have went missing in action also. If u the spokeperson for that chit u pretty much telling what my hair will look like eventually. I’M GOOD SON :lol:

Bibi says:

@Love

U r right. I don’t blame Shaunie as much either. The public backlash alone should make folks rethink their actions but if not..oh well :shrugs:

RubenT says:

Tammy is a joke, a fake, and a biotch! Please take her off the air ASAP. With regards to Creme de la Creme, Corey Venison, the owner of Creme de la Creme is a friend of mine, and he is fed up with Tammy’s shenanigans. Corey lives in Beaumont, TX, with a 2nd home in Houston.

Bootcampgirl says:

_________

Girl just like EVERY OTHER reality show like this, they contrive stories and add a few new cast members with new subjects to discuss….they make them hang out with each other and they know SOMETHING is going to happen, whether it’s fake or real…typical…Personally, for me, it’s like a train wreck, I just can’t look away, but if the show was to never come on again I’d easily find something else to do with my Monday nights…best believe… :coffee:

Usual Suspect says:

:waves: morning to CD. When been missing each other.

This will also be my Blanket Good Morning to erryone :kiss:

!*LaKErCHiC@*! says:

:yawn: I LOST INTEREST IN THIS SHOW LOOOOOOOOOOONG TIME AGO.. :shrug:

Bootcampgirl says:

@FeFe-same shat different faces…I guess they do have an audience to appease..

Bootcampgirl says:

:waves:
      Usual

San says:

Im suffering looking at her damn weave every single show. Please get a regular sew in

gypsyeyes says:

Their behavior is not enough for me to want them to be canceled. I mean if you feel like they represent you than prove people wrong. It’s TV and that is what people do on TV. Yes I do agree that they are too old to be ‘acting’ like this but that is what it is ‘acting’. If you are a true reality star would you be trying to do acting gigs. Kate Gossling, Sweetie, or the Sister Wives have never gone on any auditions for acting roles because they are not actors.
      They are now mad because they thought that this behavior was gonna give the some longevity and it didn’t. They should have done like Jen and monopolized on it. So all this shopping has put a damper on Tami’s otherwise shallow bank account and now if the show is canceled she can’t recoop. Oh well!

Usual Suspect says:

Just want Shanuie to give Erica from Mary Mary, her wig back. #thatsall

Usual Suspect says:

:hug: FeFe

CD FENTY says:

Cali :kiss:

******************************

Is there a petition for Jerseylicious? Real Big Texas? Housewives of OC? Housewives of NJ? Bad Girl Club?

Or just for Tami ignangt azz and dem

free says:

i ignored the petition but, now that companies are taking it seriously, i’mma sign up!

ninjarider_sb says:

Tami is her own biggest fan….Her ego is out of control and she has become her own worse enemy! She is out of control…

Not that I agree with the unnecessary violence and drama but is BBW the ONLY show that is perpetuating this type of behavior? Will removing BBW and stopping Evenlyn and Ocho show stop the madness in the world?

They have fights and silly drama on soap operas…..don they?

Where is the petition to stop the WorldSt&*HipHop fighting videos? Or youtube fights? Where the petition to stop bullying and etc?……no really I wanna sign those if they exist

Brownandluscious says:

:shrugs: Its like im da only black female that dont watch basketball wives.I dont do reality shows havent for a while. If it wasnt for the internet or the other folks around me who obsess over it i wouldnt even know what Basketball wives was.

Sistah Big Bones A.K.A Iheart says:

Exactly what kinda weave is Tami rocking :thinking: That shyt up top looks like it needs some whip quick,fast and in a hurry!!

Usual Suspect says:

All the shows are garabage, however Basketball Wives seem as if they have physical altercation or plan one every week. There is no way I would hang out with a click of chics fighting on a regular. It’s demeaning and a horrible way to way a living.

Lyssa02 says:

People are petitioning as if they are being forced to watch this show. No one puts a gun to your head and forces you to watch it. There is something called a remote and if you don’t like what you see, you simply press the up/down arrow under CH and move on.

Where are the petitions for the more serious issues affecting society?

yallcrazy says:

*just logged in to say*

BISH PLEASE

Get a life yo! Take yew and the rest of the :chickenhead: crew right on off in the sunset :kona:

I actually respected wives of athletes growing up because I always thought that with their platform, they could do great things and be positive in the communities. Shaunie, you going to hell with this mess :no: SMH

#ihopeididntgetcarriedaway #aintmyfault :coffee:

yallcrazy says:

I can’t see gravis. Is #71 my lips? :skinnyfingerscrossed:

Is thatchew? :wail:

free says:

Lyssa02 says: Where are the petitions for the more serious issues affecting society?

***************

change.org :coffee:

Usual Suspect says:

:waves: at Bootcamp :hug:

yallcrazy says:

:kiss: (like the French do) @ Cali :grill:

gypsyeyes says:

It doesn’t look like her font cause Brown watched the HAIL out of television!!!

imarie aka lalie says:

********************************************

!*LaKErCHiC@*! says:

YALL :no: I WISH IT WAS SUGAH BROWN LOLITA :wail:

Down_Bottom says:

:waves: @ Cali, Did you get a chance to see the salon one? If not, click my name!

YSoSrs says:

@B&L

I don’t watch none of that sht either. How can you complain every week about something you take time to watch? Why watch people you hate? :shrugs:

free says:

Bird says: You’re kidding right? They film all of that. The only business/charity ventures that the ladies are involved in that make it to the screen are the ones where a fight breaks out. Otherwise it lands on the cutting room floor immediately. VH1 thinks the audience only wants to see dumb sh*t. Dumbing down America is their specialty.

*********************************

so how much say does shaunie have in all of this? people are mentioning the RH franchise but i don’t think andy would let it get to the physical level of some of these other shows.

Mr.BluPhi says:

Im confused…if tami has her own hair product line, why did she even agree to promote this creme da le creme product???

And no Tami….millions wont suffer…ppl will be just fine. Shows get cancelled all the time.

yallcrazy says:

Oh Ok Laker :wail: :sadface:

yallcrazy says:

:kiss: Blu

yallcrazy says:

What does Blu have on yall? :coffee:

Usual Suspect says:

@ya’ll :hug:

:waves: @ Down Bottom – Watched it yesterday when he…mean she was at the bus stop. Who is this person?

Reminds of the Fry Dat Chicken video. Is this the same person.

Freda2you says:

I understand the show is somewhat primitive, but don’t knock the hustle. If it’s so bad, change the channel. I mean really people. The more you complain, the more people watch it.

Ms.Fashion says:

Well Let me SUFFER!!!

Morning All!!!! :waves:

sabrown says:

I think everybody is so over this Basketball Baby Mama shows!!! I don’t think no one will miss this show!!

free says:

royce is going off now cause tami bout to f*ck up her money….

Ty says:

A contract is a contract. If u got paid to advertise their shyt whats the problem :shrug: Thats whats wrong with these hoes they have no business sense and will not survive without these shows. Sit the Creme de la Creme on the damn table in between fights and keep it moving :coffee:

MrsWDE says:

By far Jen is the smartest one. She took her 15mins of fame and moved on. Evelyn foolishness is causing her shoe store to close. Tammie fooliness is causing her to loose endorsements. Do these suppose to be grown women see the pattern? Everyone does not support bullying. The episode Monday was just sad the way Tammie went off on Kesha for coughing. Guess she got tired to being the suppose to be peace keeper. I think it is time to stop watching the madness

LADYTEA says:

can’t stand Eve or Tammi, Tammi say’s where they from they don’t file police reports they handle it themselves, so why did you walk up in Eve’s she store when she said you were a “non muthafu-kin factor with court papers” voice shaking in all about how you going to sue her over tee shirts. and Eve you don’t like for people to talk about people who are less fortunate them, why cause Nia your girl with that horrible side swept wig. You talked about Tammi and her weave and clothes when she came to the show. my how easily they forget. I would love to sign the petition for these clowns to be removed from TV. and Shaunie is so phoney, all of a sudden you just have a stunned look when drama kicks off, in the background speechless, but alway’s pumping up the bullies with the whole “girl calm down don’t kill her, she dosen’t want any. you just as bad Shaunie.

pointhimout says:

yeah they can take this off the air. the way they bullied that keisha chick in Tahiti was embarrassing. Tammie’s rant after one shot (on cam) was so random and ignorant. So mf what she said she was going to go off on you. She didn’t. If we all worried about who said what behind our backs, we’d all be outta jobs doing nothing. we all talk schit about people all the time. She kept the chick’s purse. shauni or eve didn’t step in.

Scary ass Susie doesn’t like drama when it’s her phuckin ass receiving the backlash, but now she’s all smiles and just glad it’s not her. A b itch like tammie just needs a surprise ass whoopin. You know, that type ass whooopin u aint see coming when you bullied the wrong person? yeah, one of those.

I can’t take these broads, including Royce and that fake ugly crying. Yo daddy thinks you’re a whore, own it cuz we damn sure do. Yo ass in/out of love with these dudes too quick. There’s no one on here I can stomach much right now. Entertain me by letting one of them get in Shaunie’s ass. she’s off limits cuz it’s her show? None of her bs drama airs ever.

Bigbadwolf says:

Tami does know she signed an agreement right? She also knows that her weave looks better this year than last year, so give credit where it’s due.

LittleBigMouth says:

My question is this: when she finally received payment, what did she do with that money? Did she give it back because she wasnt paid on time or did she keep it and spent it accordingly. All she has to do is give the money back I’m guessing, she ain’t that special that the brand will break their necks to have her promote them. I can’t stand her anymore, she really needs help, I genuinely mean that.

aMochaBabe says:

Tami said, “millions of people,” will “suffer” if the show is taken off the air…..
      No mami, millions of people HAVE suffered SINCE this show has been on the air.

Take it off…..Take it off…Take it off………..

Lady_L says:

Trendsetter says:

I signed the petition yesterday
      ————————————
      so did I.

missmiami says:

Tami has become so flaw!!!!! I used to think she kept it real but now she keeps it real fake. Take these hoes off the air because we are all over it