Pastor Creflo Dollar denies choking, punching his daughter

The Bible preaches using the rod sparingly to subdue and “train up” an unruly child.

But Fayette County police allege that Creflo Dollar, the charismatic founder and leader of World Changers mega-church in Stone Mountain, skipped the rod and, instead, used his bare hands and fists to beat his youngest daughter into submission.

What should have been a private family discussion exploded onto the national headlines and fueled debates on how far parents can go when disciplining their own children.

Dollar, 50, was arrested early Sunday morning after his 15-year-old daughter, Lauren Dollar, called Fayette County police at 1 a.m. to report that her father choked and punched her during an argument that escalated out of control. Police noted “superficial abrasions” on the teen’s neck.

Dollar admitted he “restrained” his daughter after she “became very disrespectful” when he told her she couldn’t attend the party.

Lauren told police the altercation wasn’t the first incidence of violence in the Dollar home, and that she felt threatened in the home.

The altercation began when Dollar told Lauren she couldn’t attend a party due to her bad grades. According to the police report, Lauren said Dollar pursued her into the kitchen and asked her why she was crying.

“That’s when he went off,” Lauren told police. “He came and put his arm around my neck and choked me and bent me over the table. And I pushed him off of me, and he threw me on the ground and punched me in my face.”

But Dollar denied Lauren’s version of events, telling FOX 5 News:

“As a father I love my children and I always have their best interests at heart at all times, and I would never use my hand to ever use bodily harm to my children.”

Dollar’s 19-year-old daughter who witnessed the attack supported her sister’s version of the events in a written statement to police.

Police say the 19-year-old gave conflicting statements because her parents were in the room. Dollar and his wife, Taffi, have 5 children, 3 daughters, Jordan, 22, Alex, 19, and Lauren, and two adopted sons, Jeremy and Greg, who are both Caucasian.

Taffi, a co-pastor at World Changers Church, is a typical submissive wife who doesn’t intervene when her husband assumes the role of disciplining the children. Taffi told police she didn’t witness the fight.

Pastor Dollar received a standing ovation from his loyal flock when he took the podium on Sunday.

“Like all of us who are parents (know), there are times when discipline and training our kids can become pretty intense,” Dollar said. “The truth is that a family conversation with our youngest daughter got emotional, emotions got involved, and things escalated from there.”

He added: “The only thing on her neck was a prior skin abrasion from eczema,” he said. “Anything else is an exaggeration and sensationalism.”

Dollar said he spanked his daughter and wrestled her to the kitchen floor after she raised her hand at him. “I never should have been arrested,” Dollar said.

Dollar’s flock told the media assembled outside the church that they stood behind their leader and supported his version of the events.

They expressed shock and dismay that their pastor was arrested for trying to control his unruly teenager who had no business partying like she was grown.

But a judge was not so sympathetic towards Dollar. The judge released Dollar on $5,000 bail, but told the minister he could not so much as argue with his daughter or he could end up right back in jail.

An earlier version of this post was updated to correct Lauren Dollar’s name.

• Megachurch Pastor Creflo Dollar Arrested for Assault
  • fanMAIL: Creflo $dollar$
  • If you’re a New Birth member, please do not watch this video
  • CNN: Bishop Eddie Long Sued by Two Men for Sexual Coercion
  • Photo: Essence.com

113 Responses to “Pastor Creflo Dollar denies choking, punching his daughter”

:yawn: :yawn: Just another PK acting up :kona:

INTENSEMOCHA THE ANTAGONIST says:

PRAYING FOR THIS FAMILY, TEENAGERS CAN BE VERY DIFFICULT AND AS PARENTS WE CAN SOMETIMES LOSE CONTROL

I PRAY THIS SITUATION IS DEALT WITH REASONABLY AND THE FATHER AND DAUGHTER CAN REPAIT THEIR RELATIONSHIP AND MOVE PAST THIS INCIDENT

A GOOD ARSE WHUPPIN IS SOMETIMES VERY NECESSARY

INTENSEMOCHA THE ANTAGONIST says:

OOPS REPAIR

Anna says:

Right @ Mother Jefferson. Why would she ask for permission to go to a party @ 2am. Aren’t kids supposed to sneak out the house via climbing down a tree next to their bedroom window? :lol:

lady_cn says:

He spanked a 15 year old? :blink:

Hmph, my mama use to say you’re never too old for an azz whooping. Guess she was right. I knew better than to test her though. :coffee:

Manuel Mexico says:

The question is: What was she doing trying to go to a party anyway?! I’m sure she had to do something else besides say “I’m going to a party.” So she just said that, and he jumped on her? You can’t be serious! That’s their business anyway. She felt so high and mighty to call the police, she should have went with them and found another place and moved out of that $1.2 million estate. Seriously?! People don’t know how good they have it. Children don’t ALWAYS need to be PHYSICALLY put in their place, but they do need to be put in check and REMAIN there! Oh, and Good Morning. :coffee:

Ms.Fashion says:

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, La di da, …….

Morning All!!! :waves:

NO man including her father will ever hit my daughter like that. That’s my job. :coffee:

lovezoe says:

You drive a tank through the holes in this story. Spoiled, rich kid with no manners.

***Good Morning Roses***
      She Looks just like her daddy

gypsyeyes says:

Good Morning all!

NaijaGal says:

Not going to tell a parent how to parent THEIR child…each school of thought has a valid point or two so ummm yeah

THUNDER or HEAT????

NaijaGal says:

GYPSY, LOVEZOE, FASHION, MOCHA, LUVN, LADY

:waves:

Gypsy how was the get-together

YSoSrs says:

He lying. :coffee:

Morning. :yawn:

Naja- Thunder

BCinKS says:

Kids today kill me. I tried getting bold with my step father once. That didn’t work out. But I didn’t call the police. Lesson learned. Kids today always want to play the victim and society lets them. smh.

Naja- :hugs:

When we gone talk about that rigged fight? :coffee:

charleybrown says:

“he could not so much as argue with his daughter or he could end up right back in jail.” This has got to be the most ridiculous sh#t in this article. I wish someone would tell me not to argue with a child. Better yet, I aint arguing at all, that child better shut their damn mouth. I would of told that judge since I cant say sh#t, I guess u have a vacant room at ur house for her to stay in. Im so tired of the law butting in unnecessarily on the behalf of children. Thats why these children are outta control because these fools got them believing its a democracy. As long as your living under a guardians roof, its a dictatorship……… And u need to do as ur told or find a new place to stay!

charleybrown says:

candibfly says:

morning y’all :coffee: <— simply orange with pineapple

VDot says:

The only thing on her neck was a prior skin abrasion from eczema .

I don’t know why, but this tickled me. :hahaha:

Bibi says:

Morning people :waves:

:preach: @manuel Mexico..I was just thinking,well where is Miss Tiffani Now,still at the estate?
      Wouldnt be in mine!

Eazy says:

Good Morning lovelies :waves:

Anyone listen to Rickey Smiley talking about this earlier today and get somewhat disgusted by his candid comments about ass whoopings? Everything doesn’t need to be said out in the open like that…and when he joked about his mom getting mad about him throwing away a dime sack I was truly saddened…

lady_cn says:

Hey Naija! :waves:

Mornin’ all!

charleybrown says:

And where in the sam hill hell did she think her ass was going at 1 in the damn morning. She completely lost her mind on that one……..

@lovezoe

That fight definitely involved a payoff of some sort…that was just wrong…

Bibi says:

I didn’t see the fight what happened? Everybody keeps saying something ain’t right…

!*LaKErCHiC@*! says:

SOMETIMES A WOMAN JUST NEED TO KNOW WHEN TO STFU.. THATS ALL IM SAYING!!? :rofl: I JK MORNING SR FAM :waves:

69 says:

“Dollar denied hitting or choking his daughter. He discussed the difficulties of disciplining black children in today’s society.”
      _____________________________________________________________
      While I completely agree that she shouldn’t have been trying to go out at 2 in the am, why does everything have to be about race with us? How many chirren period AREN’T defiant at 15? :rolleyes:

@Bibi

Pacquiao was CLEARLY the winner of that fight…I didn’t see how Bradley won one round…but they gave the fight to Bradley…

BCinKS says:

charleybrown says:

June 11, 2012 at 9:46 am
      ——————-
      That’s why I will NOT be having kids. I can’t even stand for my dog to give me the side-eye if the store was out of his treats and he has to eat different ones. I couldn’t imagine my CHILD trying to have words or action with me. I know I’d be in jail.

I have no problem with what he did :coffee: morning everyone :-)

Eazy says:

Oooh now ya’ll see that boxing is rigged :thinking: So the Maywether vs. Ortiz fight didnt ring a bell at all?

69 says:

_____________________________________________________________

I agree, I read that part and just shook my head…teenagers are rebellious, end of story…

YSoSrs says:

He “spanked” her? Bullsht. Sounds like she came at him like she was grown and he fought her like she was grown. I don’t agree with how he handled it but that’s his kid and she ain’t dead so… :shrugs:

candibfly says:

BCinKS says:

charleybrown says:

June 11, 2012 at 9:46 am
      ——————-
      ————————–

:rofl: i do this with Snoopy. he makes me so angry sometimes. i dunno if i can handle a real child :lol:

@Eazy

I don’t think the Mayweather vs. Ortiz fight was fixed at all…that was VERY clear to me… :shrugs:

Bibi says:

@Fefe

I kinda always thought boxing was fixed anyway… :shrugs:

Here’s a great question. Why do the ones that don’t have any kids have the most to say about raising one? :coffee: I think until u raise one, advice should not be given by u

@Bibi

I do think some fights have been fixed in the past…but that shyt Saturday night was just RIDICULOUSLY obvious…I don’t think I’ve ever seen anything like that before…

Eazy says:

@Fefe it was clear that he knocked him down yeah, but the way it was done made me :blink: You cant start fighting without the Ref telling you, you cant be considered “knocked out” if you get right back up without being affected by the hit…that fight was thrown

!*LaKErCHiC@*! says:

EAZY :kiss:

Bibi says:

@Eazy

I think I’m with u on that one.. :yes:

Bibi says:

:waves: @Fayla & Laker

NaijaGal says:

I heard the same thing about the fight…that it was rigged and probably done so there would be a rematch, thus more money for the boxing association

@Eazy

I can see that side of it….but the ref did say fight…Ortiz just wasn’t ready… :shrugs:

:rofl: :hahaha: :rofl:
      I know thats right

!*LaKErCHiC@*! says:

BIBI :hug:

candibfly says:

fayla :wave: <— my flatiron that i'm putting away in storage cause it won't do me no good with this humidity

Eazy says:

Morning Lakes and Fayle :hug:

69 says:

YSoSrs says:

___________________________________________
      When I was 16 and got my license and wanted to :party: my granddaddy told me, “Nigga if you get outta hand, I’mma take you and tie yo ass up to that trackta tractor and plow the field with yo ass. Now get manish if you want to.” He never had the first problem out of me. :nono:

Cause down there, they believed in :spank: that ass. :yes:

Jessie says:

First of all Sandra, who in the world is Tiffany? Pastor Dollar DOES NOT have a daughter name Tiffany. Secondly, the picture you are using at the top is not the daughter that Pastor Dollar disciplined. I don’t know who your “sources” are, but this story (as you have written it) is laughable. Too. many. mistakes.

Eazy says:

@Fefe they touched gloves, the ref looked the other way…Ortiz went in for another kiss :lol: and Mayweather hit him. Fight OVA

lovezoe says:

Rumor is they don’t want Pac and Pretty Boy to fight because it won’t be an easy fight for Mayweather to win.

:hugs: @Fayla, Naija, Mother J, Anna, lady_cn, Ms.Fashion, lovezoe, gypsey, YSo, candi, Bibi, Eazy, jenie, 69, et al!

YSoSrs says:

RE: The Fight

There’s a pic of a poster announcing a rematch between Bradley and Pacquiao for this fall that’s been around since May or so of this year. Boxing is no better than the WWE. :coffee:

69 says:

Fayla aka IWhipIt..WhipItRealGood:) says:

gm :coffee:
      ________________________________________________
      BEW, YOU ALIVE :yahoo:

I talked to my fam in Tallahassee, they said y’all got hit hard over there in Escambia. I was :pray: that you would do like a fish and float to the top. I shouted out to you in the Solange post on Saturday night after I heard. Now, that you’re here… :waiting: for you to discuss the events and for my personal Good Morning

Bibi says:

_________________________________________
      This I can believe :yes:

Yeah that what BoB Arum assumed;that we wouldnt get such a backlash about the decision with that match..
      Folks are Pissed and saying boxing is dead and that they will not be tuning in for a rematch.
      This Morning Arum is DEMANDING an investigation on how the two judges came to that decision.LOL
      He screwed that one up

Eazy says:

____________________________________
      thats exactly why they wont let them fight. Mayweather will lose if it happens

@Eazy

Right! Why the fukk does Ortiz wanna kiss and shyt! :rofl: :kiss:

Ms.Fashion says:

Hey @Naija!!! :waves:

69 says:

Fefe,

so we on the same page this am? :hug:

!*LaKErCHiC@*! says:

I Go There says:

Well I see its another day in the SR pool

Morning Folks

How was everyones weekend

<—doesn't think Mayweather will lose to Pacquiao, but that's for a whole notha discussion :)

Eazy says:

Yall do know theres a RhiRhi post up there huh ?

Saturday, 2 parents had an argument and the mother told the son the details of the argument. The child is 12 and is one of my son’s baseball teammates. So he walks up and punches his dad in the face. As the dad went towards his son, one of the yt coaches grabbed him. This coach later stated he doesn’t condone the dad putting his hands on his son especially since he was angry. I stated, well if you EVER see my child (who is 11) walk up and punch his dad, move the hell out of the way because if he’s “man” enough to punch his dad, his dad is going to treat him like a “man” and secondly, you better call the cops cause he’s going to whip your ‘a’ for interfering.

Ms.Fashion says:

FEFEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! JENIEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! :hug:

lovezoe says:

Fe- I will admit I don’t like Mayweather. I think he is a good fighter, BUT I also think he chooses opponents that are easy to beat. Can’t blame him since he is undefeated.

Bibi says:

<———-Just can't stand Mayweather

Eazy says:

So he walks up and punches his dad in the face
      _____________________________
      girl there woulda been some flower bringing for this lil boy, as a MAMA I woulda blacked out on him…whats wrong with these people :no:

eMDe says:

LMFAO hahahahaaaa at the dog giving the side eye!!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

AWESOME says:

:yawn: Morning folks

There was already a rematch clause in the contract before they fought.

————————-
      Who you telling?!

gypsyeyes says:

@Naija- Everything went perfect both daughter’s were surprised as hell. i will post pictures on my blog tonight. It was difficult to take pictures at the graduation as there were police there to regulate anyone that got out of line. They didn’t want anyone crowding the aisles. My son and daughter are gone to Atlanta. I miss them already. So now the 18 and 5 yr old are home with me.

lovezoe says:

Eazy- There would be some slow singing and flower bringing.

candibfly says:

awesome :boobs:

eMDe says:

Jessie says:

———
      :smack:
      —————–

Whelp.

Carrington says:

“The judge released Dollar on $5,000 bail, but told the minister he could not so much as argue with his daughter”
      - – - – - – - -
      And to prevent THIS from happening, I would have raised one finger up and excused myself from the court, went home, got everything from my house that SHE bought with her OWN money, not money that I GAVE her to buy it with, put it in a ziploc bag and put it, and handed it, and her to the judge to take to his house!

I wish a mf WOULD tell me that I can’t argue, read: fuss, discipline, raise my voice to, cuss the f*ck out if it comes to it.

This sends the WRONG message to this child. The message that she gets to do what she wants and her father can’t say a word about it. When, exactly, did the power shift from the parents to the children? You mean I can have children, I just force them to do what I believe is the right thing until they are old enough to make those decisions on their own? (read: payin’ their OWN mf bills!).

I had an issue like this with a cousin who has a kid that NO one likes because he’s quick to tell grown folk, “You ain’t none of my mama!” and he’s disrespectful as hell.

I walked into a room with him and two other adults and some kids and he was fighting (he’s 10) the other kid and the adults were telling him to stop and he wouldn’t. I told him to stop and he told me, “You ain’t none of my deddy. You don’t tell me what to do, and he kept on trying to fight my other little cousin.

I walked out the room to keep from DDT’n his Hamburgler lookin’ a$$ and 5 minutes later, there’s a ruckous in the room! Now, the kid who was being picked on, is on top of his humpty dumpty a$$ beatin’ the $hit out of him and his mama goes in the room and is cussin out the ADULTS because “they lettin’ them kids fight!”

I went off and told her that they probably let him get his a$$ whooped because he kept telling them – and ME that we don’t tell him what to do. She cussed US out and told him to get his coat so they coudl go. NEVER addressed the fact that I said he told us we don’t tell him what to do.

Again, wrong message, and you will pay for it soon enough.

Carrington says:

- – – – – – – -
      ======================================
      So right! I remember I was about 12 or 13 and my mom asked what my dad said about her (they not together). I told her if she wants to know, go ask him yourself. Well, she said okay. We had about a 15 minute drive home. Soon as we hit the door, she jumped on me! She said she thought about that the whole way home. She also told me anytime I called the cops, she would tell the judge that he can take her home because I am not welcome any more.

Usual Suspect says:

Good Morning :waves: to Errrybody

@Carrington – I agree with you. Sometimes “some” parents try to be friendly with their kids.

If I look at your way, you should wonder if I’m about to get in that azz. CREFLO MO MONEY is trying to save her from how much he has spoiled her. He’s probably seeing the error of his ways. I hope and pray they get it together.

Gigi26 says:

This girl I have no words for.

If she can work and provide herself everything her father has given her as a parent, then let her do so. Lets see how far she makes it. But i’d be damned if I can’t discipline my CHILD in my own home cuz the lil hussy went and called the cops. I wish I would say yeah judge okay. FOH!! I would sent that kid to Africa to deal with real GROWN FOLK who handle your ass on a platter and lets see her try and call the cops then. Yeah they’ll come over, come over to beat that ass again for wasting their time.

She should be happy her father stopped her because the rate of these kids dying at these “house parties” are just :no: Ungrateful ass.

69!!! :kiss: i love how u be lovin me right bew! :love:

well basically it boiled down to WHERE in Pensacola u happened to be. i live on the East/Downtown area. West side is where most of the rain went. and Babyyyy it is TURRIBLE! these folks was akkin a fewl out here tho. kayaking & canoeing down the streets. bringing floats in the parking lots like that was the fun thing to do :shrug:

LOTS of damage, but i’ve heard of no fatalities. granny clampit is out today bc her 1st floor is flooded.

Fefe
      Sandra
      ERRYBODY
      :waves: <—I's alive

Carrington says:

======================================
      - – - – - – - – - – - – - -
      OK, your mama went a little too far. LMAO! But I sorta understand… a little…

I’m assuming she shazammed your a$$ because of the DELIVERY of your response. Hopefully not because you wouldn’t tell her what he said. I don’t think it’s a good idea to pit children against the other parent. You shouldn’t have been put in that situation in the first place, but if your response was delivered anywhere NEAR the way I READ it in my head, I’da suflexed your a$$ too. LOL

Usual Suspect says:

Yeah, mister told his son that he was going to beat him down like a man. He repeated to him what his mothers said. YOU NEED TO MAN UP. Jesus saved that little boy’s life that day.

The whack no job, voodoo mother told the son, that his father is less than a man, because he wouldn’t go to her home and have a conversation. She ain’t slick…

@Fay- Glad you are okay!

Phrozen1der says:

<—–Would've molly whopped her ass too :yes:

:rofl: @Smurfette TRUTH!!

Ms.Fashion says:

Hey my FAY FAY!!! :hug:

Elle_Brooklyn says:

So everyone is going to look over the fact that sandra called this man “Dollar, 50!” :rofl:

lovezoe says:

@Carrington- It WAS just like you think it was, lol.

Usual Suspect says:

It’s a spin on words…

Last name and his age :coffee:

Phrozen1der says:

@Usual :rofl:

Ms.Fashion says:

@Usual :lol:

Crickett says:

She needs to be shipped down down South with Aunt Emma Mae to live with the chickens and milk the cows. Take your ass whipping, but next time at least get to the dang party first LOL. But really, Dollar probably terrorizing everybody in that house.

gypsyeyes says:

My brother once threatened my mother and said he was gonna call the cops and picked up the phone and I promise yall aint seen nothing funnier than a parent molly whopping someone with a telephone. He never looked at the phone the same after that. When she was done she told him “now call and tell that”

So Creflo’s two sons are white and adopted?

Here’s the Facebook page of Creflo’s Dollar’s “son” —> Gregorydollar

Anna says:

Here’s the Facebook page of Creflo’s Dollar’s “son” —> Gregorydollar

~~~~~~~
      Really? That’s a middle aged white dude. :rofl:

Anna says:

Really? That’s a middle aged white dude.

Yes, that’s him. Apparently, Creflo adopted Gregory as a teenager. I updated the post with the names of their children. The other adopted son is white, too.

Jessie says:

No Sandra. Get it right! He has 2 adopted sons. One is black. One is white. He adopted his white son when the boy was a teenager and Pastor Dollar was very young.

@ Jessie: According to Essence.com, he has two adopted sons, both White. I’ll take their word over yours.

He lying.

Morning
      :yes: :coffee:

I won’t even say anything else but the 19 yo backed up her story……..

BigCityGirl says:

If her only problem is…she couldn’t go to a party….then she should consider herself very LUCKY! I’m not a Creflo Dollar fan..but I support him in this situation!….Children can be a challenge!

Blessings to him and family..this too shall pass…

TwinMom says:

@69 is that a picture of Champagne the hairdresser? Where is he? Been looking to catch up.

Destinee says:

If I tell my child they can’t go somewhere, then they can not go anywhere. Especially 1 AM in the morning! Then you raise your hand to hit me? Oh Hell NO! Yeah, I would have been sent to jail too. Let my child EVER raise their hand to hit me, they will pull back a knub!

SoDelightful says:

Sandra, Jessie is correct. As a member of World Changers for over 15 years-Pastor Dollar has two adopted sons…one is white and one is black (pictured above in the white shirt at the table on the right). The main church is also located in College Park-not Stone Mountain.

@ SoDelightful: An Essence magazine writer spent an entire day interviewing the Dollars at their home in Cascade in 2005. Here is what the reporter wrote: “Pastors Creflo and Taffi Dollar have built a multimillion …. they also have grown adopted sons, Jeremy and Greg, who are both Caucasian.” I’m going to go with Essence since most of the sheep who attended World Changers Church for years have never even met Creflo Dollar.

Jessie says:

@Jessie: According to Essence.com, he has two adopted sons, both White. I’ll take their word over yours.

______________________________________________________________________
      That’s cool Sandra. Take whoever word you like…trust me, you’re still wrong!