Senator cancels event to teach women how to act like ladies

New York State Senator Marty Golden (R) has canceled a planned event to teach women how to present a more feminine appearance in the workplace.

The event called Posture Deportment and Feminine Presence was part of a Summer series on career development focusing on “business etiquette” and “social protocol skills.”

But critics chose to zoom in on Golden’s plan to teach women how to act like ladies.

The media sparked a furor among feminists by calling attention to Senator Golden’s plan to teach women “the art of feminine presence,” including tips on how to “sit, stand and walk like a model” and “walk up and down a stair” and shake hands more elegantly.

Golden defended the workshop as simply a way to help women gain an advantage in a tough jobs market, according to an article by Thinkprogress.com.

Golden cancelled the event after State Sen. Liz Krueger (D-Manhattan), and others criticized the event in the NY media.

“Rather than passing legislation such as the Fair Pay Act to assist women in the workplace, the Senate Republicans appear to be offering career advice on posture and how to act feminine,” said Krueger in a statement to the press.

• Ludacris’ Gorgeous Fiancee is a Med Student (Luda Loves Studious Women)
  • Beyonce Returns to the Stage After 5 Months of Babysitting
  • Two Women Accuse Herman Cain of Sexual Harassment
  • Business Women: Meet Rachel Johnson, the Woman Who Dresses The Big Three

47 Responses to “Senator cancels event to teach women how to act like ladies”

Bootcampgirl says:

:applause: Say that shat again

BK2ATLMAN says:

They need to have this workshop here in ATL, cause I know a ton of women could use it here.. :rofl:

amatrex says:

As much as I’d love to see women act and look more feminine in the work place, it’s not really important unless the job specifically requires it(Hooters waitresses, models, etc.)

As long as people can perform their jobs effectively and they’re respectful to everyone in the workplace, it shouldn’t matter whether the employee acts or appears feminine, masculine, or something in between.

cougar lover says:

Thass right, teach them pros, old azz yt man. Then accidentally fondle some breast, while you at it.

LaceFace says:

I agree with the Fair Pay Act. Women do need to be paid equally for doing the same work as men, but I think this class would be beneficial for some. I cant tell you, how many times I’ve seen females walk into work looking like they just got off the pole, or will get on it after they clock out.

I had someone ask me “why do you dress up when you go to work?” and my reply was “I dress for the job I want, NOT for the job I have”, Plus you never know who is watching. “We” are judged by our personal appearance, so it shouldnt matter what the work enviornment is, but thats just my personal feelings on this issue.

Bootcampgirl says:

Ladies should know how to “act” accordingly, if you need a class at this stage in life, you’re flucked…IMO

FuturedocDonte says:

Bootcampgirl says:

________________________________

:agree:

I am 1/2 way with this though :shrug: djm

Not all woman know how to carry themselves in office settings, boardrooms, on the golf courses, this is a fact that I have seen myself.

I use that to my advantage, so I get his point, but some things you either got or you don’t :shrug:

He is reaching beyond his grasp IMO

=====================
      :cosign: with you & Boot!

Let them hoes dress like hoes yo! So that WE can get ahead.
      If one feels it’s ok to dress like that, that tells you were their mind is :shrug:

Bootcampgirl says:

=====================
      with you & Boot!

Let them hoes dress like hoes yo! So that WE can get ahead.
      If one feels it’s ok to dress like that, that tells you were their mind is
      Exactly, I work in a prison, my attire, khaki’s and sneaks or flats, no dresses, heels, open-toed shoes, skin tight clothing, nothing because, I am “acting” accordingly to my work environment. My co-worker on the other hand, wears shirts that show her midriff, running pants that are skin tight. She has been asked to go home and change…WE WORK IN A MALE PRISON, what the fluck are you thinking…

MZ_CARAM3L74 says:

amatrex says:

**************************************************
      you better :preach:

<–also judges men and women on their handshake #realtalk

I work in a male dominated field too Boot, and I can't stand when chicks try to use "what they got" because I got it too (plus the brain) so gone on with that bullshatt :rofl:

MZ_CARAM3L74 says:

amatrex says:

**************************************************
      you better :preach:
      ===========
      I get where yall are coming from, but I disagree ONLY because meek business people won’t thrive in business.

So then, what are you doing here? Just working but not trying to get to the top? :shrug:

Bootcampgirl says:

<–also judges men and women on their handshake #realtalk
      Me too, don't want no limp fishes shaking my hand :hahaha:

Bootcampgirl says:

=====================
      with you & Boot!

Let them hoes dress like hoes yo! So that WE can get ahead.
      If one feels it’s ok to dress like that, that tells you were their mind is
      ________________________________

@ Boot I understand where your coming from because thats the enviornment you are in and its not appropriate for your female co-work to dress like that. Seems like shes looking for attention and when she gets the wrong kind, she’ll be looking like lookin!

@yall

:lol: :hug: you can lead a hoe to water, but you cant make her think

________________________

some are content with working the same job for 5, 10, 15, 20, 30 plus years. And to each it own, but I :agree: with you! I believe in progress and progression. I guess everyone plays a role, but my role is a BOSS

Bootcampgirl says:

@Lace-she’s on her way out the door soon, she is soooooo inappropriate for this environment. This bish cries on the floor in front of 120 inmates, is obsessed with one in particular…I hate for anyone to lose their job but :peace:

________________________

———–
      :yes:

Yes, limp fish hands :rofl:

You better firmly grasp my hand, open your eyes, big, smile, and acknowledge my greatness dammit! :cuss:

@ boot

is obsessed with one in particular
      _______________________________

:sad: i hope she wasnt having sex in the champagne room with him… THERES NO CRYING IN PRISON

Bella's Master says:

My male friend wants to buy me a boob job. I work a professional 9-5 job, and already have to tone down my look to not look too sexy. i fear the boob job (though I’m not getting a big size), will interfere with my career growth.

Dont know what to do :thinking:

yallcrazy says:

<–loves meeting new prospective business associates, because afterwards my boss will ask "so, how did they shake your hands?" :rofl:

Me: Mr. x is ____, Mr.Z shook like a __, etc.

:offtopic:

I’ve lost 7lbs doing Insanity…. So excited…. #TeamSkinnyGirl once I finish my last 30 days i’ll post a belly shot like NajiaGirl and Sassy

:cry: i miss tatted

:offtopic:

:cry: i miss tatted

:cheer: how long u been doing it. that chit look like the damn debbil yo! :(

Bella, good thinking.

I have a friend with really big (nice) boobs and she has credentials up the ass, BUT she can not get ahead :no:

It’s not fair, but it’s the reality :shrug: We are judged so much more & differently than males.

:hug: *whispers* maybe try on a bigger bra and stuff it and see how your “work clothes” fit and go from there :shrug: #helpfulihope

Bella’s Master says:

Dont know what to do

Your first reaction is generally the best…. BUT I’LL TAKE IT. Im over here looking like 5th grader. Alls I need is a cami and im out the door. Team A cup

Bella’s Master says:

Dont know what to do :thinking:

my question is do YOU want the implants? :boobs:

Fayla aka IWhipIt..WhipItRealGood:) says:

:offtopic:

:cry: i miss tatted

:cheer: how long u been doing it. that chit look like the damn debbil yo! :(
      ===================
      What is Insanity? :thinking:

I’mma be starving myself (only way I know how to lose 10 lbs in a wk) shortly for a trip djm :ashamed:

Fayla aka IWhipIt..WhipItRealGood:) says:

i miss tatted

how long u been doing it. that chit look like the damn debbil yo!
      __________________________________

I’ve been doing it for 35 days now. I thought it was gonna be tougher because of the commericals, but its not so bad, especially when you have someone else there motivating you. It started off with me and my three sisters, then droped to me and one sister, then I was all by myself. But Im very please with the results im seeing so far.

:boobies:

:boobs:

Bella's Master says:

@yall I was going to start conditioning them to see me with bigger boobs by buying some of those chicken cutlets thingys!!

@laceface Team A cup here too. And only rarely do i wish I was a bigger size. And that bigger size is more like a Full B. Will never go to a C since I’m a size zero as it is.

Just want to look more womanly :shrug:

MZ_CARAM3L74 says:

yallcrazy says:

It’s not fair, but it’s the reality We are judged so much more & differently than males.
      ***************************
      :yes: too bad our looks are more important than our skills in the work place.

Fayla aka IWhipIt..WhipItRealGood:) says:

i miss tatted

how long u been doing it. that chit look like the damn debbil yo!
      __________________________________

————–
      Like the commercial –> And then there was ONE :rofl:

Go visit them and just start dropping ish and bending down to pick it up :lol: #thensay”noticehoweasyididthat” :rofl:

@Yall

Insanity is a intense 60 day workout program. If you do it everyday (except) Sundays and diet, you can loose up to 30 lbs. If you check the infomericals you see it. I pray I loose 7 more.

Bella's Master says:

:boobs: <<< Bella's A cups

:tittays: <<<< Bella's soon to be C cups?!

yallcrazy says:

Bella, just do some chest exercises yo! Put your two hands (grasping each other) in front of your chest (like a bball rim) and squeeze until you feel the muscles… Do like 10 sets of 10 a day and see the results.

You can form them a little more :yes: and you might be satisfied with that. And that’s all that Matters in the end anyways :yes:

:pc: Ok Lace #searchingforinsanitynow :rofl:

Bella’s Master says:

Just want to look more womanly
      _____________________________

Bella

i want a B cup. I want to know how much it cost. I kinda want a brazillian butt lift?!? i think thats what its called. Where they suck the fat from the stomach and put it in your butt. I dont have much left, but I have some around the LUB handles that can be taken care of.

@yall

YESSSSS :hahaha: i walk around with my shirt off and a sports bra and be like… Like this dont you… Naugg not fo you

the great moment when u stop by the store & see this FINE azz Wale looking brother. u’re looking pretty laid back, nice summer dress, no make-up, hair not “did” but as u’re driving away he mouths to you “U FINE AS PHUCK*
      yeah that :coffee:

that didnt work :lol: what am I squeezing? im lost :lol:

:kiss: fay fay

heyyyy fay fay!!! i have on cinnamon whip today

Lace! :kiss: i know u smellin FAB darling! how are u?

btw do u have any children? usually when we give birth our :boobs: increase. especially when we breastfeed :yes:

fay fay

I have a 2 year old. My boobs got big, but NOT they way I wanted them to. I wanted to have the crease in the center of my chest, but insted of growing in, they grew out. So they were big on the side :sad:

Bella's Master says:

:lol: @lace and the brazilian butt lift

I got lucky on that one.

Now let me get to these chest exercises!